Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Call Me by Your Name (Blu-ray)
£7.49

Blade Runner 2049 (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (Blu-ray)
£4.49

Amazonia (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Baby Driver (Blu-ray)
£6.99

Blade Runner 2049 4K (Blu-ray)
£19.99

The Spiritual Boxer (Blu-ray)
£9.99

The Quiet Earth (Blu-ray)
£14.99

Luke Cage: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
£15.99

Black Magic 2 (Blu-ray)
£9.99

The Rocketeer (Blu-ray)
£6.99

Samuel Fuller at Columbia, 1937-1961 (Blu-ray)
£49.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 02-09-2018, 08:17 AM   #141
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Having trouble making out dialogue I would have thought would be more to do with you lacking a centre speaker, without it the system is having to mix that dialogue track across the other speakers which will make it more muddled than if the dialogue was solely out of a dedicated speaker.

For the record its been a few years since I last watched my BD of Blade but I thought it sounded fantastic.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:41 AM   #142

Jul 2017
Elles Belles, Costa Plonka

You might want to adjust (lower) the crossover a bit, as it is clearly firing on higher frequency stuff and making things too bassy/stuffy. It's a mixing choice as to how (and how much) LFE is utilised, and can easily come across as too much if your settings aren't right.

I used to have the superb Sony WG800 all-in-one system, where you merely put it on the volume you were comfortable with and everything sounded excellent, without having to adjust for individual material being played.

However, I recently upgraded to an Onkyo Atmos amp, and am finding the need to having things playing at different volumes to achieve a desirable (or comfortable) effect, even though it has been properly calibrated. I all three Blade movies on Blu, and the bass on the first is powerful stuff, but haven't felt the need to duck for cover as I alter the levels, even on the new amp.
Daphne Barnes: Major, I do believe you're trying to get me sloshed.
Maj. Leep: Heavens above, no! Only a damn swine would try and get a girl drunk first.
Daphne Barnes: First?
Maj. Leep: Well it would be a damn waste of time getting her drunk afterwards.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #143
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
India

Thanks for the suggestions, people. Right now I have noticed this issue only with Blade, need to go through more of my collection to conclude.
Also, I'm a little divided about having a center speaker because my 2 fronts are only separated by the width of the (50") TV, and I don't know if a center speaker is justified for such a narrow soundfield. Also I will have to figure a way of placing it above the TV and angle it downwards towards the listening position so as to avoid height panning issues.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland