Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Kingsman: The Golden Circle (Blu-ray)
€8.99
2 hrs ago
Pacific Rim: Uprising 4K (Blu-ray)
€20.99

Rampage (Blu-ray)
€14.99
2 hrs ago
47 Meters Down (Blu-ray)
€6.99

The Death of Stalin (Blu-ray)
€12.99

The Patriot 4K (Blu-ray)
€26.97

Deadpool 1 & 2 - Die komplette Kollektion (Blu-ray)
€34.99

The Equalizer 4K (Blu-ray)
€26.97

X-Files: Season 11 (Blu-ray)
€25.99

Die Eberhofer Triple Box (Blu-ray)
€14.99

A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
€14.99

The Circle (Blu-ray)
€7.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany

Old 02-09-2018, 05:00 PM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexIlDottore View Post
I don't have much time tonight, but I'm having a look at the disc now. I wish I could take caps. I'm watching with a couple of ambient lights on. It's a nice scan . I wish I could check it out next to the French blu (which is obviously better than the CR disc).

I'm 3 minutes, 54 seconds in, and these English subtitles are a much better translation than the ones on the Italian dvd . I know a few Italian words, and on the German blu, they are correctly subbed. On the Italian dvd, they are badly translated. I've yet to see anything "off" for the moment.

Edit. This is a nice scan with well translated English subtitles. I guess X-Rated don't use the same guys as Code Red

Edit: I shouldn't have started, the film. I can't stop
Sounds great. Thanks for taking one for the team, Alex! I'll be sure to order this.
Most wanted blu-ray upgrades: Kafka, The Limey, L'orribile segreto del Dr. Hichcock (ITA cut), The Changeling (1980), Ringu, Ju-on, Man Bites Dog, Creature (The Titan Find), Irrèversible, The Fearless Vampire Killers, The Black Hole, I walked with a Zombie, The Thing From Another World, L'arcano incantatore, Andy Warhol's Frankenstein (in 3D), Andy Warhol's Dracula, Lust for a Vampire, Bloody Pit of Horror (uncut), Friday the 13th part III (in 3D).
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #42
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2014
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Thomsen View Post
Sounds great. Thanks for taking one for the team, Alex! I'll be sure to order this.
I haven't really taken one for the team Or at least it was not too costly, and I'm happy with the results. A fellow poster took a big risk and ordered the Japanese special edition of Peckinpah's Osterman Weekend. 70 euros. That is a huge risk. He posted back. Same scan, no pink push. Peckinpah's cut on blu too. lower bitrate than the horrible US blu. I cracked. My disc will be with me tomorrow

As for Zeder, to be honest, I've had so much going on lately, that I forgot to check the release date. I'd ordered it as soon as the pre-orders went up, but then I was worried about the dubtitle situation. From that moment on, I thought about waiting for reviews, and if nothing surfaced, I'd cancel, until something did.

Now, I'm glad I forgot to check the release date, and let it ship

By the way. BeyondMedia are cool on cancellations. They take the money almost immediately, but I have cancelled on two occasions, and they had no problem with that, or refunding me ASAP.
The plural of GIALLO is GIALLI

Most wanted blu: The Candy Snatchers

Sony Bravia Oled KD-65A1 | region free Oppo UDP-203 | Klipsch Quintet 5.1 Klipsch Reference R-10SW | Pioneer VSX-830-K

Last edited by AlexIlDottore; 02-10-2018 at 09:01 AM.
Thanks given by:
Mahadeva (02-10-2018), Mr. Thomsen (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 04:38 AM   #43

Jul 2016
Glasgow, Scotland

Cheers for taking the time to post your impressions Alex, so it's looking like this is the one to go for then with full subs instead of dubtitles and a new scan too?. I'm surprised at the additional movies, having no connection (other than being Euro). Manchester Morgue is fine but I don't think I'd be able to attempt viewing the other movie as it looks to be a typical Ittenbach/Bethmann, low-budget German trash.
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 08:48 AM   #44
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2014
France

I know this isn't Zeder related, but I just received the aforementioned special edition of The Osterman Weekend. I had to pay customs fees. This brings the total to 92 euros
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....0#post14700990

Sony Bravia Oled KD-65A1 | region free Oppo UDP-203 | Klipsch Quintet 5.1 Klipsch Reference R-10SW | Pioneer VSX-830-K
Old 02-10-2018, 03:39 PM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2014
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazeaddict View Post
so much better than french blu-ray regarding video ?
Just had a friend 'round for coffee. He has a projector, and he also has the French Zeder blu, and like myself appreciates it a lot.

We watched around half an hour of the German blu on my old large Sony Led. We both spoke about how it is immediately apparent that this is a video upgrade. Grain is much better resolved. Colours are much better. And blacks are black. A new scan quoi
My friend said that yes, this is MUCH BETTER than the French blu

Thanks given by:
Sleazeaddict (02-11-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 08:27 PM   #46

May 2015
Germany

Well, I am glad people seem to like the result. We worked on the film almost for free due to the label's tight budget for this title - grading, clean-up and encoding. Because... there is never enough Avati out there.
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (02-10-2018), barrett75 (02-11-2018), djvaso (02-10-2018), Katatonia (07-16-2018), Monroville (02-11-2018), Mr. Thomsen (02-11-2018), Sleazeaddict (02-11-2018), Telstar (02-11-2018), whysleep (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 08:43 PM   #47
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2014
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanband View Post
Well, I am glad people seem to like the result. We worked on the film almost for free due to the label's tight budget for this title - grading, clean-up and encoding. Because... there is never enough Avati out there.
Thank you very much for this release It is really appreciated.

Is there any chance of you guys doing The House with Laughing Windows?

Thanks given by:
Monroville (07-17-2018), Mr. Thomsen (02-11-2018), whysleep (02-10-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 02:45 PM   #48
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanband View Post
... there is never enough Avati out there.
A lot of his works are sorely missing outside Italy.

I still dream of an English-friendly release of L'arcarno incantatore (1996).

It's really a fine, small, gothic horror film - on par with House of the Laughing Windows and Zeder IMO.
Most wanted blu-ray upgrades: Kafka, The Limey, L'orribile segreto del Dr. Hichcock (ITA cut), The Changeling (1980), Ringu, Ju-on, Man Bites Dog, Creature (The Titan Find), Irrèversible, The Fearless Vampire Killers, The Black Hole, I walked with a Zombie, The Thing From Another World, L'arcano incantatore, Andy Warhol's Frankenstein (in 3D), Andy Warhol's Dracula, Lust for a Vampire, Bloody Pit of Horror (uncut), Friday the 13th part III (in 3D).
Thanks given by:
Kakihara (02-14-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 03:53 PM   #49

Nov 2016
United States of Absurdity

For those interested in the US, Diabolik says they will be carrying the new German edition of Zeder. I was extremely disappointed in the Code Red presentation, so count me in on ordering this version through them. I looked at D and T and Beyondmedia and found their shipping prices exorbitant.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:32 AM   #50

May 2017
first death cell, later power grid

Screenshots:
https://www.caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d...2=11581&c=4572
Thanks given by:
Monroville (03-22-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 02:05 PM   #51
Power Member

Dec 2009
-
-
Default Zeder - X-Rated

I had to settle for the Revenge of the Dead cover but glad I managed to grab one of them at least. Haven’t had s chance too watch yet as I’ve spent lots of thinking me away and I’m off again but looking forward to it!
Old 04-13-2018, 04:54 PM   #52

May 2017
first death cell, later power grid

Comparison X-Rated BD - Code Red BD:
https://www.caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d...2=11580&c=4572
Old 04-15-2018, 06:21 PM   #53

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker2 View Post
Comparison X-Rated BD - Code Red BD:
https://www.caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d...2=11580&c=4572
Compression is also problematic on the CR release.

http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&d1...o=1&x=802&y=92

http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&d1...=1&x=175&y=186

http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&d1...=1&x=210&y=116
Old 04-19-2018, 12:01 AM   #54
Special Member

Sep 2012

I've never bought an X-Rated import before until now. Disc 1 (Zeder) will not load at all on my Panasonic player. I tried the second disc with the bonus movie and it loads the warning screens and then goes to a blue screen and freezes there.

This is supposedly a Region Free release so I'm wondering if their discs are encoded strangely? And why would the warning screens even come up at all if it is region locked?

Obviously, not thrilled with this release and it wasn't cheap. I need to check on another player to confirm if these are locked or not, but I've never had any Region free disc, or any Region A or unlocked disc, not play correctly on my Panasonic.

Any ideas?
Old 05-27-2018, 10:47 PM   #55

May 2018

A bit late (I'm a new member here since today)...

Afaik this is a region B disc, so that should be the problem.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:47 PM   #56
Special Member

Nov 2010
Missouri, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnoone View Post
I've never bought an X-Rated import before until now. Disc 1 (Zeder) will not load at all on my Panasonic player. I tried the second disc with the bonus movie and it loads the warning screens and then goes to a blue screen and freezes there.

This is supposedly a Region Free release so I'm wondering if their discs are encoded strangely? And why would the warning screens even come up at all if it is region locked?

Obviously, not thrilled with this release and it wasn't cheap. I need to check on another player to confirm if these are locked or not, but I've never had any Region free disc, or any Region A or unlocked disc, not play correctly on my Panasonic.

Any ideas?
I really have no idea regarding your problem... but the X-Rated Zeder disc is definitely "All Regions" (no region coding) as I've confirmed it on my multi-region player. The disc loaded with no issues when set to either A or C.
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (07-19-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 11:30 AM   #57
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
Denmark

Could the issue perhaps be down to some issue between the Panasonic player and PAL material?

I mean, the movie is of course not in PAL as it is HD, but maybe a loading screen or the logo from the distributor or similar is?

I seem to recall a similar issue with some other disc a few years ago, where the distributor's animated logo only was encoded in PAL SD, which - even though the release itself was region-free, messed up US players that could not handle PAL.

I don't know, I am just thinking out loud here.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:25 AM   #58
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2014
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgardner View Post
A bit late (I'm a new member here since today)...

Afaik this is a region B disc, so that should be the problem.
The disc is not locked to region B. I confirmed that months ago on the second page of this whopping huge 3 page thread.

Thanks given by:
Katatonia (07-19-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 02:29 AM   #59
Special Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexIlDottore View Post
The disc is not locked to region B. I confirmed that months ago on the second page of this whopping huge 3 page thread.
OK, thanks. And sorry for the delayed response to members chiming in during the meantime. Yes, it appears disc one is not region locked after all.

It turned out my Panasonic player was starting to go bad very gradually. It would play almost all Blu-Ray discs, but then every once in a while it wouldn't even read one of my Region A discs that always played fine. Eventually, it stopped playing ANY Blu discs at all, and only could play DVD. So my problem with the Zeder disc was related to this, but that was the very first disc my old player wouldn't read so I assumed a region issue at the time.

Obviously, I tossed that player in the trash and bought a new player, this time a Sony. Now the Zeder disc 1 loads and plays great.

Unfortunately, disc 2 with "Help Me I Am Dead" still won't play. All the German warning screens come up fine, but then the blue screen like before, and this is a brand new player now. If it is a PAL related menu issue as Mr. Thomsen suggests it possibly could be, is there any way around that in the set-up menu? Not that I really care about this particular film that much, but I'd like to be able to watch it at least once.

Anyway, at least disc 1 with Zeder and Manchester Morgue are definitely region free, so that's all great now. Disc 2 may also be region free (as the warning screens do come up, just not the movie), but something about its encoding is not letting it read on some Region A players, unless there's a workaround?
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (07-23-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany