Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Lost World (Blu-ray)
$15.58
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Passion of Joan of Arc (Blu-ray)
$19.80
Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Theory of Everything (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Cousin Vinny (Blu-ray)
$3.99
Maze Runner: The Death Cure (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Miss Sloane (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Terminator: Genisys 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Mummy Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Rock-a-Doodle (Blu-ray)
$12.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-16-2018, 11:24 AM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2010
Netherlands
Default Fear the Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (2017)

Fear the Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (2017)

Last edited by Pieter V; 01-17-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Thanks given by:
Comicfan (01-16-2018), KillaCam (01-18-2018), Rick Grimes (01-18-2018), rickah88 (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
Expert Member

Nov 2012
Earth
Send a message via MSN to roycck

Whats the hype on the TWD third season?
Old 01-16-2018, 01:46 PM   #3

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by roycck View Post
Whats the hype on the TWD third season?
It's excellent and was much needed after a disappointing FTWD Season 2 and TWD Season 7.
We can be us, just for one day.
iScottie's Storefront
Thanks given by:
Rick Grimes (01-18-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 02:03 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottie View Post
It's excellent and was much needed after a disappointing FTWD Season 2 and TWD Season 7.
This, and other regions were announced far before. I'm pretty sure there is another thread about no American release for this one on the site somewhere.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:18 PM   #5
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by roycck View Post
Whats the hype on the FTWD third season?
Awesome show from day 1. I think it offers a better viewing experience having seen all seasons, to date, of TWD.
[Show spoiler]Especially since they are going to crossover.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:34 PM   #6

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

PRE-ORDER

We can be us, just for one day.
iScottie's Storefront
Thanks given by:
rickah88 (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 05:40 PM   #7
Power Member

Jun 2013

Really like that cover, the show, not so much..
Old 01-16-2018, 06:06 PM   #8

Mar 2016
Canada

Pre-order not available yet on Amazon.ca but atleast it's listed.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:42 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2010
Netherlands

Quote:
SANTA MONICA, CA (January 16, 2018) – Deception can be your deadliest enemy when Season 3 of “Fear the Walking Dead” – the companion series to the #1-rated cable series “The Walking Dead” – arrives on Blu-ray (plus Digital HD) and DVD March 13 from Lionsgate. As society collapses around them, the families must come together to survive the apocalypse and combat the deadly threats on all sides. Hailed as “the best full season so far” (Forbes), “Fear the Walking Dead” Season 3 stars Kim Dickens (Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, Gone Girl), Cliff Curtis (Risen, The Dark Horse), Frank Dillane (“Sense8,” Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince), and Alycia Debnam-Carey (Friend Request).
When “Fear the Walking Dead” returns for Season 3, our families are brought together in the vibrant and violent ecotone of the U.S.-Mexico border. With international lines done away with following the world’s end, our characters must attempt to rebuild not only society, but their families as well.
The home entertainment release of “Fear the Walking Dead” Season 3 features audio commentaries as well as deleted and extended scenes. “Fear the Walking Dead” Season 3 will be available on Blu-ray (plus Digital HD) and DVD for the suggested retail price of $44.99 and $39.98, respectively.

BLU-RAY / DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
Audio Commentaries
Deleted & Extended Scenes
PROGRAM INFORMATION
Year of Production: 2017
Title Copyright: Fear the Walking Dead © 2017 AMC Film Holdings LLC. Artwork and Supplementary Materials are TM, ® and © 2017 AMC Network Entertainment LLC. All Rights Reserved. Package Design ©

2018 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Type: TV on DVD
Rating: TV-MA
Genre: Drama, Horror
Closed-Captioned: English SDH
Subtitles: Spanish
Feature Run Time: 711 minutes
BD Format: 1080P 23.98 High Definition 16×9 Widescreen 1.78:1 Presentation
DVD Format: 16×9 Widescreen 1.78:1 Presentation
BD Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio, French 2.0 Dolby Surround
DVD Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio, French 2.0 Dolby Surround

ABOUT LIONSGATE
The first major new studio in decades, Lionsgate is a global content platform whose films, television series, digital products and linear and over-the-top platforms reach next generation audiences around the world. In addition to its filmed entertainment leadership, Lionsgate content drives a growing presence in interactive and location-based entertainment, gaming, virtual reality and other new entertainment technologies. Lionsgate’s content initiatives are backed by a 16,000-title film and television library and delivered through a global licensing infrastructure. The Lionsgate brand is synonymous with original, daring and ground-breaking content created with special emphasis on the evolving patterns and diverse composition of the Company’s worldwide consumer base
Thanks given by:
Rick Grimes (01-18-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 07:44 PM   #10

Aug 2012

Great season. Easily the best from the show so far.

Lionsgate is releasing this? Didn't Starz release the first two?
Old 01-18-2018, 09:09 AM   #11
Special Member

Jul 2012

I concur. It was a very good season. Much better than S1 and S2 (although it improved in S2). Better than The Walking Dead S7, IMHO.

Don't get why Starz/Anchor Bay isn't handling this release either.
They have done every The Walking Dead (S1-7) and Fear The Walking Dead releases (S1-2).

At least they seem to giving the eps room to breathe (5 discs).
But hang on a minute: WTF is up with the BD audio being a lossy!
States Dolby Digital 5.1 in the above specs.

That has to be a misprint OR incorrect information. International releases have DTS-HD MA 5.1 and previous US releases had Dolby True HD 5.1.

Will pre-order and wait for confirmation of audio. Might as well buy the Aussie release (I import the US sets).
Give me Blu-Ray or give me death.

Streaming sucks!

Respect the filmmakers intentions; Respect the the OAR
Old 01-18-2018, 10:14 AM   #12
Expert Member

Jan 2009
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
They have done every The Walking Dead (S1-7) and Fear The Walking Dead releases (S1-2).
Lionsgate has taken over Anchor Bay. They also handled TWD S7.
Thanks given by:
Mayboy128 (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 12:18 PM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2010
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
I concur. It was a very good season. Much better than S1 and S2 (although it improved in S2). Better than The Walking Dead S7, IMHO.

At least they seem to giving the eps room to breathe (5 discs).
But hang on a minute: WTF is up with the BD audio being a lossy!
States Dolby Digital 5.1 in the above specs.

That has to be a misprint OR incorrect information. International releases have DTS-HD MA 5.1 and previous US releases had Dolby True HD 5.1.

Will pre-order and wait for confirmation of audio. Might as well buy the Aussie release (I import the US sets).
Think Lionsgate made a mistake in their press release. Think it's Dolby TrueHD 5.1.
Thanks given by:
Rick Grimes (01-19-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 02:20 PM   #14

May 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
This, and other regions were announced far before. I'm pretty sure there is another thread about no American release for this one on the site somewhere.
Yep! That was my thread, but I think the mods have since deleted it. And I'm glad there was good reason to, because I agree with others on this thread; the show really improved with this season. And I missed the whole second half of it, so I'm really excited to pick this up when I can!
Old 01-18-2018, 02:23 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2013

Yep, I'll be picking up too. Gotta get caught up with this season.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:50 AM   #16
Special Member

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayboy128 View Post
Yep! That was my thread, but I think the mods have since deleted it. And I'm glad there was good reason to, because I agree with others on this thread; the show really improved with this season. And I missed the whole second half of it, so I'm really excited to pick this up when I can!
While it is not the be all and end all of The Walking Dead universe, watch for 2 F-bombs in the back half of S3. They were used well and in a context where one would be inclined to do so; even a Jesuit preist may utter an F-bomb in the first instance.
[Show spoiler]Firstly, when Nick sees a mega-herd heading towards the farm and the second one is Nick again, when he is arguing with his mother at the dam, questioning Madison’s motives around murdering when it suits her.

I have been a strong advocate for uncensored language in TWD and FTWD considering the source material is full of F-bombs (and most importantly for recent eps, Negan’s “go-to” word), the broadcast of “F*ck” on the sister show augers well for the original to finally have Negan, or even Rick, let fly with some cursing; albeit only being allowed 2 per season.

It is also a necessary component, considering the debarkle that was the Season 4 finale: Rick’s iconic line being sanitised. At least it was corrected on the BD.

Alas, having the S7 BD F-bomb Free was another poor choice.

Since S4-S6 BDs had at least one episode with “F” in it (
[Show spoiler]Rick in the finale of S4, last line in the train car “They’re ****ing with the wrong people”; S5Ep6, While in Atlanta looking for Beth, Daryl says to Carol in a conversation “**** the way it was”; S6Ep10, after Jesus steals the truck that Daryl and Rick found, Rick talking about Jesus says “No, **** this guy!”
) and of course, the Extended Cut of the S6 finale has Negan and 20-something F’s.

For the S7 BD to go back to no instances was lame and made Negan seem comical with use of the word “Screw” or “God-damn”, it made the F-bombs more conspicuous by their abscence. I hope AMC does the right thing in the second half of S8 and/or we get eps with F-bomb cuts, like they did with S4-S6.

S4 F-bomb Cut:
S5 F-bomb Cut: Not logged on Movie-Censorship.com (S5Ep6)
S6 F-bomb Cut:
S6 Extended Finale (Negan F-nuke Cut):

In summary, FTWD S3 will hopefully be a pioneer for The Walking Dead universe.
Give me Blu-Ray or give me death.

Streaming sucks!

Respect the filmmakers intentions; Respect the the OAR
Old 02-09-2018, 12:07 PM   #17

Mar 2017
Michigan

Does anyone think this current 24.96 price will hold and be the release week price? I would assume not but it would be fantastic considering all the new releases I want to buy coming up.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:13 PM   #18

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDaddict View Post
Does anyone think this current 24.96 price will hold and be the release week price? I would assume not but it would be fantastic considering all the new releases I want to buy coming up.
Amazon seems to be matching Walmart, based on the .96, which is almost always a Walmart price. So, check Walmart's online price for the dvd and BD sets. If both are the same price, that means the BD is likely a price mistake on their part - which happens a lot with Walmart - and you can be assured that as soon as walmart figures it out, amazon's price will go back up soon after too. If the dvd is lower than the BD, then there's a good chance this price will hold at least until the Saturday after it's released. I wouldn't expect it to go any lower prior to release though.
"Always buy discs: the only movies you can truly (legally) own and depend on for generations. Digital can never and will never be more than an over-hyped rental format, because that's the only endgame Corporate Hollywood hopes to achieve: the complete elimination of legal consumer ownership and retail profit sharing of their properties."
Old 02-09-2018, 07:26 PM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014

It might not be a mistake because it's currently $27.99 at target and $29.97 at bullmoose.
LG OLED65C7P - LG SJ9+H7x2 (Dolby Atmos) - Oppo UDP 203
Samsung UN55JS7000 - Samsung HW J550 - Samsung UBD K8500

Digital Codes For Sale
Old 02-10-2018, 12:08 AM   #20
Special Member

Feb 2015
Watching a Blu-ray

I have no idea if the price is a mistake, but just in case I went ahead and preordered it from Amazon to lock it in

Of course if it ends up being $27.99 (or less ) at Best Buy/Target on release day I'll probably cancel the order and just pick it up in stores, as I don't trust Amazon to get it to me with a mint condition slipcover (or even near mint ).

I haven't seen any of the Season 3 episodes yet, and shockingly I still haven't read any spoilers (which is why this will likely be my only/last post in this thread until I watch it), so this was always going to be a day 1 buy for me regardless of the price

Oh and if anyone is curious, I checked Walmart.com and both the Blu-ray and DVD are priced at $24.96, so perhaps JurassicBD is correct and it is a mistake on Walmart's end
Digital Codes I have FS/FT: It: Chapter One (2017), Resident Evil: The Complete Collection (all 6 movies), Life (2017), Arrow: S5, The Flash: S3, Supergirl: S2, Legends of Tomorrow: S2, Gotham: S3, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, Saw: The Complete Collection, Power Rangers (2017), Suicide Squad 4K UHD, Star Trek: Beyond, Split, and many more...
Check my Digital FS/FT Thread = Castiel23's UV/iTunes/DMA For Sale/Trade Thread!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America