Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Memories of Underdevelopment (Blu-ray)
$21.98
23 hrs ago
The Sand Pebbles (Blu-ray)
$6.99

The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Bridge of Spies (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Escape Plan 2: Hades (Blu-ray)
$18.84
8 hrs ago
Avatar The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$8.99

A Quiet Place 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

You Were Never Really Here (Blu-ray)
$18.84

Fury 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Blade Runner 2049 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

American Gods: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-27-2017, 05:16 PM   #201

Sep 2015

Here in México, There was no bluray for the series, but we get this complete series dvd set

Enviado desde mi SM-N920G mediante Tapatalk
BLUFANS VIP
Thanks given by:
ghostsofjoy (12-28-2017)
Old 12-28-2017, 01:30 AM   #202
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Mississippi

Just beautiful.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:08 PM   #203

Jul 2013

nice boxset! enjoy mate

i however cant stomach dvd's anymore. especially with the 4K tv im about to buy, dvd already look kinda meeh on a 1080p tv when compared to a bluray so im guessing dvd's on a 4K are even worse.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:42 PM   #204

Sep 2010

I know this question has been asked a dozen times already, but it doesn't seem like anyone has given it a straight answer. Does the complete series set, from the United States, come with a digital code for the series, either in individual season codes or in one code. I know the page on this site for the complete series set says there is a code, but no one here seems to be able to officially confirm its existence. Amazon has it at a really good price of 79.99, possibly the lowest its been, and I would love to get it, but I would like to know if it comes with a code first. I love the convenience of being able to watch the discs at home, and if I'm away, being able to have a digital version to watch on my computer or phone as well, without having to drag around a big box set.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:18 AM   #205
Special Member

Apr 2008

I checked the reviews from Bestbuy.com buyer saids this comes with the HD copies.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:06 PM   #206
Special Member

Apr 2008
Talking YES Digital HD included

PM this at BB and the Digital HD is included each season has a digital code sheet.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:40 AM   #207

Sep 2014

So, I'm making my way through the UK set of the Complete Series and have noticed a few things:

The menus are completely different from the standard Uni-menus with the options on the left side. They resemble the menus for Warner Blu-rays (and as ugly-looking too), with icons in lieu of text. Special features are listed as "Deleted Scenes 1, Deleted Scenes 2, etc." referring to what episode they're for. No episode titles are given. On a more positive note, there are no forced promos, just skippable warning text and the like.

Also, there is no VC-1 codec used, at least thus far. Both Season 1 discs are AVC. Curiously, I noticed a couple of visual anomalies: one of the promos features a blip in the encoding, with Norma's face skewered by a green video line (almost as if someone took the frames and separated them, not that that makes any sense, but I have no idea what it's called) as she stands on the boat early on in Season 1. The final shot of the Bates Motel before the season finale stinger also features an odd artifact: almost the entire time, the image has something moving on it and across the screen, as if one is watching the episode through a mesh-wire. Very odd.

None of these things are too distracting, but I'd be curious to see if the Universal discs here in the States bear the same anomalies. I'm assuming since it's Universal all discs internationally and domestically are essentially the same (no censorship, same encoding, that sort of thing)?

Anyway, just thought I'd share. It'll be a fun two days getting through Seasons 2 and 3 now. Well, "fun". Heh.

Season 1 grew on me, but it's still so much better than the last half of Season 2.

This show did not need to be this good, but I'm glad it was. Seasons 4 and 5 are near peerless in quality and delivery. Kudos to the creators.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:27 PM   #208
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Illinois

I am pretty sure I got this set as a birthday present, but I can't open it until Sunday.

I have heard excellent things about this show. I am really looking forward to seeing it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America