Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Return of the Living Dead Part II (Blu-ray)
$25.70
10 hrs ago
Home from the Hill (Blu-ray)
$13.99

Sicario (Blu-ray)
$4.00

Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Blockers (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Tag (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Truth or Dare (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Pacific Rim: Uprising (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Star Trek: Stardate Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99

Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$48.99
7 hrs ago
Masters of Sex: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$35.99
19 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 02-08-2018, 07:50 AM   #1821
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010
The middle of nowhere, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Page14 View Post
Just a note to Steve that I left you an email and a private message on this website about not receiving my copy of Phantom Planet yet. (I'm assuming that they had supposedly all been sent out quite a while ago). I'll be offline for the next couple of weeks, so wanted to make sure you knew before too much time passed. Thanks Steve.
Just a note to say that I still haven't received Phantom Planet. It was my understanding that all orders were intended to be sent out weeks ago. I just want to make sure my copy isn't slipping through the cracks. Thanks.
So many blurays, so little time.

First blu-ray purchase - "Jason and the Argonauts" on July 6, 2010.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:57 PM   #1822
Power Member

Aug 2009

It's wild to realize this thread is almost 5 years old. The thing that has stayed with me the whole time is the idea that we're essentially supporting a one man project with a goal of preserving vintage animation. Every frame that gets scanned is a victory against time. As far as the discs go, I know I'll get them "when it's done". All together in the last 3 years I'd guess that I've paid 3-$400? which is probably more than I'd pay out to a Kickstarter at once. Anyway, that's how I think about it.
Thanks given by:
Hypnosifl (02-08-2018), oildude (02-16-2018), sfish (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 02:25 PM   #1823

Feb 2018
Land of Evangeline
Canada

I still recall Steve showing me the work he'd done on Willie Whopper on his laptop at Cinefest in Syracuse. This was quite a while before the actual disc came out, and the images were astounding. His enthusiasm for the project was palpable, and I'm looking forward to experiencing the whole project soon.
Thanks given by:
Nocturnaloner (02-10-2018), oildude (02-16-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 08:36 PM   #1824
Expert Member

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Page14 View Post
Just a note to say that I still haven't received Phantom Planet. It was my understanding that all orders were intended to be sent out weeks ago. I just want to make sure my copy isn't slipping through the cracks. Thanks.
I'm still waiting on my Phantom Planet too, so hopefully they're still on the way.
Thanks given by:
Page14 (02-08-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 04:31 PM   #1825

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpn View Post
I'm still waiting on my Phantom Planet too, so hopefully they're still on the way.
All Phantoms are out.

There's a new 'special' BDR set called 'Award Winners' that really is very likely the last of these special ones... details at the IAD forum:

http://www.intanibase.com/forum/post...ners---Blu-ray
Thanks given by:
Page14 (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 05:50 PM   #1826
Power Member

Aug 2010

Sent you a PM, Steve.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:28 PM   #1827
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010

ordered!
Old 02-10-2018, 05:41 PM   #1828
Power Member

Aug 2009

Mine's in as well.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:31 AM   #1829

Jul 2014

Also ordered.

Just received Little King, and Thunderbean Thursday Special 2017... but I also received something called All Scrappy All Warners.
I don't know what that is. I ordered More stop motion marvels... is that it? Is it a bonus disc? *shrug*

Still waiting on the following.
Thunderbean
Noveltoons with extra BDR
Cartoons to the Rescue
Rainbow Parades
Soundies
Fleischer Rarities
Screen Song ‘Special’ set
Mid Century Modern 1
Mid Century Modern 2
Cartoon Commercials 2

Snappy Video
Phantom Planet
Missile to the Moon (1958)

If any of these have been sent out let me know.

thanks
Old 02-16-2018, 03:55 AM   #1830

Feb 2014

The sets you're waiting for are all not released as of yet.

Sorry to send a free 'All Scrappy-All Warner' to you... of course keep it!

'Soundies' just got the last stuff scanned yesterday... and other stuff.
Thanks given by:
bigshot (02-16-2018)
Old 02-16-2018, 02:34 PM   #1831

Feb 2014

I'm getting a lot of requests for making the pre-orders available still (and have been for a while). I'll make *all* these pre-orders available for a week and a few days (through Feb 25th). All are $16.95 each except Flip ($19.95). Postage is $3 for one or more, $8 for Canada, $12 out of country otherwise.. Make sure to list the titles you'd like in the paypal.

’Official’ Sets in pre-order/progress:

Fleischer Rarities- Mid February
Award Winning Caeroons- Late Feb/ Early March
Mid Century Modern 1-Late February/March
Mid Century Modern 2-Late February/March
Cartoon Commercials Volume 2-March
Flip the Frog-May
Rainbow Parades-June
Noveltoons-June
More Technicolor Dreams-July
More Stop Motion Marvels-July

“Special” sets:

Screen Songs-February
Cartoons to the Rescue-February
Missile to the Moon-February
Soundies-February
The Thunderbean blu-ray Party Disc (with Reefer Madness)-March
Animated Education (April)

Thanks to all for supporting these things!
Thanks given by:
kidc (02-17-2018), oildude (02-26-2018), sfish (02-16-2018)
Old 02-16-2018, 08:00 PM   #1832

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Stanchfield View Post
The sets you're waiting for are all not released as of yet.

Sorry to send a free 'All Scrappy-All Warner' to you... of course keep it!

'Soundies' just got the last stuff scanned yesterday... and other stuff.
Oh it's something else entirely? Well thank you Mr. Stanchfield. Much appreciated.

I'll order everything else I've missed based on the list you just posted. Love these old beauties.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:56 PM   #1833
Expert Member

Mar 2011
Norway

I have missed a lot of the pre-orders lately and was considering to pre-order them all, but then decided not to.

I have supported Steve since the start of his DVD days and bought every single release. Around two years ago the problems started. None of my orders arrived.

A couple of months ago, after lots of comments and e-mails about it I finally got everything from the last 1.5 years. I finally hoped things would get back to normal, but decided too see what happened with my other pre-orders before ordering any more.

Two new releases, Hollywood Rarities (sent an e-mail about that one, but never got a response) and All Scrappy, All Warners and neither has arrived.

I'm sure you are doing your best, Steve, but it's just not worth it for me anymore. I do not know where the problem is, but your packages are the only ones that is lost in the mail and I get packages from all corners of the world.

I still have paid for a few pre-orders, but when/if they ever arrive that will be it for me:

Fleischer Rarities
Flip the Frog
Mid Century Modern 1&2
Noveltoons
Screen Songs

I could of course have written this as an e-mail, but then I would just be 20% sure you actually read it.

I am not angry or anything, as I said I'm sure you're doing your best, Steve. I just give up. At least for now.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:47 AM   #1834

Dec 2013
Canada

I sympathize, chrisron. I'm exasperated, but not yet angry. I can't be angry just yet, because I know that Steve is a good guy, and as you said he is doing his best, such as it is. And we all love him for what he has done in the past, as well as for what he is trying to do now. His efforts at film preservation, and the wonderful discs that he has produced, have been remarkable. Unfortunately, his reliability has been poor the past two years, and his reputation is sinking. I understand that there have been a few factors that have hurt him - some not his fault, and others of his own making. I really hope that he can turn it around this year. I love Thunderbean and want it to succeed.

It does sound like several projects are nearing completion, which is really, really great, but the delivery of previously finished discs has been too slow.

In November, I was told a big package was being sent out for me the next day, but nothing ever arrived. 16 days ago, I was told that the eight discs I was still waiting on - discs others received months ago in some cases - were on their way. But this week, just a single disc arrived. I still haven't received the seven others, including Yuletide Flickers - a disc that was replicated in December, 2016, well over a year ago now. Why the others weren't included in the envelope is a mystery.

Maybe that fabled package, with the rest of my discs, will arrive next week. Maybe...

Like chrisron, as an avid collector, I order packages from all over the world on a regular basis. Only the Thunderbean ones don't show up.

I have repeatedly e-mailed my current list of what I await, and have started including that list when I make a Thunderbean PayPal purchase, to make sure that Steve understands what I'm still missing. But it doesn't seem to help.

I really don't mind waiting a year or two if a disc is in progress (I'm sure that Flip will be worth the wait), and I understand that he needs the early cash well in advance to fund his projects. That's fine. I get that. But waiting months after others have received their copies of some titles is frankly ridiculous. I can't understand why this happens. It's frustrating to hear that others have received their product, while I wait forever for mine to be sent, because it's somehow so much harder to mail an international envelope. (It's just an extra stamp. I paid $6 postage for the Scrappy/Warners disc that arrived this week, and it cost under $3 to mail, plus the cost of a non-padded envelope. As it was sent lettermail, no Customs form was even needed. So I don't understand the delay in sending things out.)

Thunderbean used to be like a favourite family member that one looks forward to seeing again, but now it's like that rascal cousin that you used to like, but now know you can't rely on.

I've supported Steve in the past with reviews at Animated Views, and I tremendously appreciate what he has done for all of us and for his preservation of animation history, but he seriously needs to get it together. I don't mean for this to come out like public shaming, as that's not especially cool, but something needs to be said. The posts here and on another forum have shown that I am not the only one left waiting. There have been too many projects in the hopper at once the past two years, with too few results for us longtime supporters. I hate to sound cranky, but my patience is wearing thin. While I wait for discs I paid for over a year ago, yet another "final" Special disc was just solicited. And I sent my money, like I have faithfully every time. I just hope that I get it someday this year.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:38 AM   #1835

Dec 2009
With the Ale and Quail Club on a train to Palm Beach

I'm confused a bit from the reading all the posts above covering the past few weeks. Has "All Scrappy-All Warner" shipped out? Or are they now in the process of being fulfilled?

I am asking because mine has yet to arrive.
Twilight Time Release Schedule Thread

The Samuel Fuller on Blu-ray Thread

The Official Silent Films on Blu-ray Thread

"The last time a man opened the door for me, we were going 60 miles an hour" - Christa, Dead Pigeon on Beethoven Street (1973)
Old 02-17-2018, 07:23 AM   #1836
Expert Member

Mar 2011
Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildude View Post
I'm confused a bit from the reading all the posts above covering the past few weeks. Has "All Scrappy-All Warner" shipped out? Or are they now in the process of being fulfilled?

I am asking because mine has yet to arrive.
First people to get that one got it already in December.

And in case you didn’t know, Thunderbean Thursday 2017 and the Little King was also sent to people in December (Personally I never ordered those)
Thanks given by:
oildude (02-17-2018)
Old 02-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #1837

Nov 2008

I also have delivery problems. Just like Chrisron, I order stuff from all over all the time, but the Thunderbean orders are the only one not showing up.

It seems foreign orders have the most problems. (I am located in Norway)

February 26th 2017: promised to send missing discs. Discs never showed up.

‪May 21st‬: promised to send 5 discs the day after. Discs never arrived.

Sent another email August 3 2017. Promised to send me the discs ‪on August 4.‬

I received a package ‪September 21‬ (post-stamped one week earlier) but with two discs instead of the five promised. sent another mail. no reply.

Sent another email ‪October 25th.‬ Still no reply.

Sent another email January 10 2018, and posting here at the same time: promised to send the same day

Not received as of yet.

I really wanted to support the great work that Steve is doing. I also wanted to pre-order the new Award Winners blu-ray collection, but I just can’t take the chance. Not anymore.

E-mail address is in PM.

Last edited by Mogwai; 02-17-2018 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-17-2018, 06:23 PM   #1838

Feb 2014

Chris, Randy and others here:

I very much enjoy being part of the community of collectors and doing these things, and I appreciate the feedback. I apologize to everyone I've kept waiting.

While nearly everything is caught up as of now, clearly I'm struggling to keep up with everything- and have disappointed some long time very good customers. I can take the public scrutiny, and it's deserved, but I'm honestly sad for disappointing and angering some of the very people that have made these things possible.

If you are missing an order that is something already released, please email and let me know what you are still missing, and I'll try to send as soon as possible- and do my best to respond to your email in a timely manner.

Many of the issues for things going out of the country have been financial. Sometimes the postage to send one of the sets tops $500 for the out of country postage and, honestly, money has been tight on many of the projects. Sometimes a set doesn't bring in enough to cover the scanning and postage- while sometimes they do great.

I had sent some of the discs in flat envelopes to attempt to catch up both money-wise and getting orders out, and have clearly discovered that many of those never arrived in the various countries they went to (Canada orders seem to work ok that way).

Things go out every day here still, and I've been doing my best to address the orders that didn't get sent or didn't arrive.

I do know at some point I won't be able to do all the special sets. I'm trying to do my best to try and keep up with things.

Steve
Thanks given by:
chrisron (02-20-2018), hagios (02-17-2018), oildude (02-17-2018), Page14 (02-18-2018), RandCanuck (02-17-2018), WaverBoy (02-26-2018)
Old 02-17-2018, 06:51 PM   #1839

Dec 2013

Thank-you, Steve. I have received your e-mail and am writing a reply, where I will also address some of the points you have made above. I'll keep these private from here on, as I have no interest in providing any more of what might be perceived as a public lecture. I really do wish you the best, and am grateful for all the work you have done.

My biggest worry in writing my last post is that you might find it discouraging. I hope not. Honestly, none of us wish that. It was more of an intervention. We all love ya and are rooting for Thunderbean to succeed.

Last edited by RandCanuck; 02-17-2018 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:12 PM   #1840

Nov 2008

I also just received an email from Steve. Thanks! I hope to receive the discs soon. Thanks again!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors