Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mr. Robot: Season 3.0 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Bridge of Spies (Blu-ray)
$8.99

A Quiet Place 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
2 hrs ago
To Have and Have Not (Blu-ray)
$11.85

Avatar The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Night at the Museum 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$5.34

The Finest Hours (Blu-ray)
$8.99

The Dark Crystal 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

A Few Good Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Fury 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 01-29-2018, 04:22 PM   #141
Special Member

Oct 2016
New Zealand

got the shipping notification for my order today. Took them over 4 days to process it. Longer than I'm used to. Apparently the arrival estimate is 13th February. Sounds about right. And the carrier is i-Parcel EU, so at least it looks like I've missed all the potential problems of Asendia/Aramex.

will keep an eye on the tracking. If I'm lucky it might arrive as soon as next week...

update- six days later, tracking says it's now here in NZ...
too many games that I can't play
too many windmills in my way

Last edited by Armchair NZ; 02-05-2018 at 03:55 AM. Reason: tracking update
Old 02-09-2018, 07:44 PM   #142
Special Member

Oct 2016
New Zealand

... and my order showed up today. All present and correct. Well within the arrival estimate window. 11-12 days to get here, about what I'd expect from the UK.

although: took six days to cross half the planet. Literally from one side of the world to the other. And then somehow managed to take almost as long again, just to make the less-than-two-hour-drive distance from the airport to me. *sigh* ain't that just the way it always goes... gotta love the local delivery system.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:34 AM   #143
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia

Anyone had issues with the actual packaging? I've had several orders turn up with 5 or so titles in some sort of flimsy wrapper, with unglued ends. Normally they are all there still but last one, one had fallen out.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:42 AM   #144
Special Member

Oct 2016
New Zealand

^^ yep mine was like that. Seven titles, all just wrapped up in cardboard. Flaps folded in at the ends but left unsealed. Conceivably anyone at any time could've opened it and taken the movies out, then put them back and pushed the cardboard back into place. I'd have no way of knowing. Not much protection against rain, either.

still, them's the breaks when choosing the cheapest shipping option I guess. At least they all showed up in perfect condition.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:54 AM   #145
Expert Member

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
Anyone had issues with the actual packaging? I've had several orders turn up with 5 or so titles in some sort of flimsy wrapper, with unglued ends. Normally they are all there still but last one, one had fallen out.
Yeah, most of the time. That said I did receive 2 parcels from Amazon UK this week as expected.
Release me now on Blu Ray: The Music Lovers (1970), The Devils - Director's Cut (1971), Savage Messiah (1972), Andy Warhol's Bad (1977), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Providence (1977), Stevie (1978), Promises in the Dark (1979), When You Comin' Back Red Ryder (1979), Yanks (1979), Personal Best (1982), The Keep (1983), Star 80 (1983), Gaby (1987), The Witches (1990), Smoking/No Smoking (1993) & the entire filmographies of Aleksey Balabanov, Paul Cox, Derek Jarman & Rosa von Praunheim.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:29 AM   #146
Special Member

May 2016
Australia

They smashed my order, then lost the replacement, but won't do anything about it until a month after the expected delivery date because reasons.
My collection
LG OLED55C6 / Yamaha RX-A760 / Oppo UDP-203 (Region Free)
Old 03-22-2018, 09:27 PM   #147
Special Member

May 2009
Sydney Australia

Why is it not possible to get a STRAIGHT clear answer from Amazon with respect to the Fullfilled by Amazon and VAT policy ??

Eureka use them - as part of the 'Sold by bestmediagroup and Fulfilled by Amazon.'

My name is Starwin, I'm part of the Amazon Customer Services team and I've picked up your e-mail today.​

Further to your email, I understand your concerns regarding the VAT refunds.

............ no you don't...................

Please note, In accordance with the laws governing members of the European Union, Amazon is obliged to charge VAT on all orders delivered to destinations in member countries of the EU.

................ my email stated i was from AUSTRALIA..... NOT AUSTRIA.......

When VAT applies to an order, the relevant charges will be clearly reflected on your e-mail confirmations and invoices at your local rate.

We are obliged to levy VAT for the destination country on the item as well as the postage and packing for the entire order.

.................... SO THIS DOESN'T APPLY TO AUSTRALIA.....

Our Price, as displayed on an itemís product detail page, is inclusive of UK VAT.

It isnít possible for us to show "Our Price" as VAT-inclusive for non-UK orders because the delivery address is unknown. The different EU countries have differing VAT rates, so the calculation must be done during the ordering process, after the delivery address has been entered.

.................... AGAIN.. AUSTRALIA...... !!!

Once you select a delivery address during check out, we re-calculate the price by deducting the UK VAT, then adding the applicable VAT rate for your orderís destination. You can review the full order details, including the complete cost, before finalising your order.

.......................NO YOU DON'T - NOT FOR FULLFILLED BY AMAZON STUFF..

To find the applicable VAT rates for your country please visit the following URL:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...?nodeId=502578

Please remember that VAT charges only apply to orders being sent to member countries of the EU.

..................... GEEESH... IT'S AUSTRALIA !!

Further information can be found on the Payment Options and VAT page in our Help section, which can be found at the following URL:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...deId=200792760

We look forward to seeing you again soon.​​​

Gee.. is it that difficult ??

Should Fulfilled by Amazon UK be removing VAT for stuff sent down under ??
Old 03-23-2018, 04:14 AM   #148
Special Member

Jul 2015
Channel Zero

donthitpause Esq.
Purveyor of fine, unpopular movie opinions.

"Spoiling movies and making online babies cry since 2015"
Thanks given by:
Armchair NZ (03-23-2018), shireguy (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 04:32 AM   #149
Special Member

Oct 2016
New Zealand

as someone who likes maps and cartography and stuff, that pic really rustles my jimmies lol. On so many levels.
Thanks given by:
donthitpause (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 10:36 AM   #150
Special Member

May 2009
Sydney Australia

I finally have an ANSWER............................. YES...

We are no longer Austria !!

After reviewing our previous correspondence with you, please accept my apologies for the incorrect information provided.

This situation was the result of a human error. I hope you'll consider this as an isolated incident and we will make sure that things will go better from here.

Please allow me to try to provide a resolution for you.

I would be completely honest with you and tell you that Australia is eligible for VAT Exempt.

I'd like to inform that for the items which are Sold by seller and Fulfilled by Amazon VAT will be applied because as the items are owned by third-party Sellers who store their stock in our Amazon Fulfilment Centres, and allow Amazon to deliver their products to you.

However, the VAT charges that you incur for the items that are Sold by sellers and Fulfilled by Amazon can be claimed.

I will explain everything to you and set things right.

Once you have placed the order and if you see any VAT charges has been applied in the order for FBA items, please let us know so that we will contact our corresponding team to make sure that the incurred VAT charges to be refunded.

I hope this addresses your concern and that you'll understand that I've done my best to respond to your query with a positive solution.

so... if anyone else is interested in those Eureka titles that are pretty cheap..... use this to get the VAT back (well at least be the Trunbull Govt stuffs it all with their GST and other taxes )
Old 03-27-2018, 06:41 AM   #151
Expert Member

May 2013

My latest order from Amazon.UK with 7 Blu Rays shipped on Saturday. When checking the progress of the order this message came up:

It can't be delivered
From ARAMEX at Monday, 26 March;
Parcel was damaged and returning to shipper.

ARAMEX couldn't deliver your package
Please contact ARAMEX to get your package back on track.
Was expected 3 April

Well, no point contacting ARAMEX so I went straight to Amazon and they are replacing the order. They have already sent two of the blu rays with the other 5 to be sent shortly. Funny the other 5 are all in stock so if they don't send them in the next couple of days I'll follow it up with them.
Release me now on Blu Ray: The Music Lovers (1970), The Devils - Director's Cut (1971), Savage Messiah (1972), Andy Warhol's Bad (1977), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Providence (1977), Stevie (1978), Promises in the Dark (1979), When You Comin' Back Red Ryder (1979), Yanks (1979), Personal Best (1982), The Keep (1983), Star 80 (1983), Gaby (1987), The Witches (1990), Smoking/No Smoking (1993) & the entire filmographies of Aleksey Balabanov, Paul Cox, Derek Jarman & Rosa von Praunheim.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia