Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Duel in the Sun (Roadshow Edit… $13.33 (3 hours left)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
£25.00
Singin' in the Rain (Blu-ray)
£4.99
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
£4.99
Ice Cold in Alex (Blu-ray)
£14.99
The LEGO Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
£7.46
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (Blu-ray)
£12.99
Tom of Finland (Blu-ray)
£8.99
Ship of Fools (Blu-ray)
£14.99
The 15:17 to Paris (Blu-ray)
£14.99
The Vow (Blu-ray)
£2.24
The Boneyard (Blu-ray)
£12.99
The Goalie's Anxiety at the Penalty Kick (Blu-ray)
£15.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 02-08-2018, 08:51 PM   #6381
Expert Member

Mar 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatafore View Post
damn! that's is awful, that's the problem with order online, very lucky the UK buyers that can walk to HMV and pick up.

It would be great a Group Buy http://forum.blu-ray.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164 for indicators from a person in UK that can pick mint copies and pack very well and ship to us in USA and other places, count me if somebody do it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjt View Post
Not starting an argument, but merely observing that the Covent Garden Fopp store I live virtually next door to invariably has 15 copies of all new PH/I releases: and actually has got through 30+ of Blue Collar.
Not a spoilsport and I do love pH releases but of the 10+ titles that I own ,all have minor dings at backside of the case [yes they were shipped in a cardboard box by pH as well as Amz] so group buy would only serve the purpose of preventing any major damages that lemoncurry experienced .
Old 02-08-2018, 09:03 PM   #6382
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Sheffield

Quote:
Not starting an argument, but merely observing that the Covent Garden Fopp store I live virtually next door to invariably has 15 copies of all new PH/I releases: and actually has got through 30+ of Blue Collar.
Nice one, you should sort out a group buy for our American friends!
Old 02-09-2018, 06:44 AM   #6383

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrunner View Post
I ordered this during Amazon's 10 off of 50 sale and chose to group my items into as few deliveries as possible. My order included two pre-orders that don't come out until late March. Do you know if Amazon will have saved me a copy or should I try changing the delivery speed? I find it hard to believe this could sell out in two months or less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapta View Post

I wouldn't worry at all. Powerhouse are saying it's a very strong seller, but none of their releases have sold out in the first month, let alone two or three months. This is not being flagged as 'near OOP', but the following titles are apparently closest (though haven't been formally mentioned I don't think, other than the last one):

Bunny Lake Is Missing
Mickey One
The Stone Killer
The Sinbad Trilogy

Also, standard editions of Hardcore and The New Centurions arriving in March apparently.

Lastly, worth pointing out that DVD Compare have it wrong - according to the Indicator site, Charley Varrick is limited to 3000 copies, not 5000.
I saw on Facebook where Indicator said the last 700 copies were being delivered to the distribution centre on Monday. Could that mean Amazon will only get one more shipment before it goes OOP?
Old 02-09-2018, 11:45 AM   #6384

Oct 2017

Well I got 14 Indicators through Amazon this week and none of them were cracked. Phew!
Thanks given by:
Si Parallel Universe (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 08:59 PM   #6385
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
A Drug-Infested Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Fredericks View Post
I suspect they do this so if a disc becomes loose during shipping the Blu-ray (key product) will be the safer one as opposed to the DVD. The same reason they place the booklet in the other way round to avoid damage.
So...I got a box today from Amazon UK, and it looked like it was used as a football by two postal gorillas. But, the contents -- packed with air pillows -- came through fine. Two of the items were the Sinbad and first Harryhausen sets. And a disc was loose in the 3 Worlds of Gulliver case. Sure enough, it was the DVD on the upper layer. So, yes, now I'm sold on this arrangement.
Make America Groot Again.

"He sits there in his house watching the same stupid movie over and over again."
"Bad taste in films is not a criminal offense."
"Wait till you've seen it."

List of Twilight Time signed promotional titles.
List of Twilight Time Out of Print titles, with dates they went OOP
Old 02-09-2018, 11:40 PM   #6386
Power Member

Jan 2014
Portland, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
So...I got a box today from Amazon UK, and it looked like it was used as a football by two postal gorillas. But, the contents -- packed with air pillows -- came through fine. Two of the items were the Sinbad and first Harryhausen sets. And a disc was loose in the 3 Worlds of Gulliver case. Sure enough, it was the DVD on the upper layer. So, yes, now I'm sold on this arrangement.
Was it sent via Asendia by any chance?
Old 02-09-2018, 11:47 PM   #6387
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
UK

Quote:
You received a package from Amazon UK, and they used air pillows!

[Show spoiler]
Top Ten Most Wanted Blu-rays: Amphibian Man (1962) - Big Wednesday (1978) - Danger: Diabolik (1968) - The Devils (1971) - The Final Programme (1973) - Hard Eight (1996) - Lawn Dogs (1997) - Martin (1977) - O Lucky Man! (1973) - Static (1986)
Thanks given by:
jayembee (02-10-2018), Mike0284 (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 06:15 PM   #6388
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
A Drug-Infested Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagheeraMcGee View Post
Was it sent via Asendia by any chance?
Yes, it was.

"He sits there in his house watching the same stupid movie over and over again."

Old 02-10-2018, 06:33 PM   #6389
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2015
Rhondda United kingdom
United Kingdom

Hammer Volume Two sets should be on the move soon

Films I would like to see on Blu Ray (In no particular order) : The Phantom Lady (1944) Local Hero (1983) The 7 Faces of Dr Lao (1964) Martin (1977) Straight To Hell (1980) Escape From Sobibor (1987) The Phantom Tollbooth (1970) The Amazing Mr. Blunden (1972)
Thanks given by:
BagheeraMcGee (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 08:49 PM   #6390
Expert Member

Aug 2015

Quote:
I visited London just over a year ago and that was my go-to store. Super friendly with a TON of titles that I couldn't find anywhere else.
There's no such thing as a flawless movie, there's always a new format being discovered and footage being found. Grow the hell up and stop whining.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:54 PM   #6391
Power Member

Jan 2014
Portland, OR

Quote:
Yes, it was.
A few pages ago, I described my lovely Asendia experience. Never again. I'm paying the extra 3 to have Amazon send my titles Amazon Global Priority, which arrive 2-4 business days and is a far cry from the 2 weeks that it normally takes for Standard shipping to come overseas.

The Global Priority shipments are handled by DHL Worldwide, and I can vouch that I just received my first order I tried with this method on Thursday night, and all titles arrived in excellent condition.

For a few bucks more, it's worth it as far as I'm concerned.
Thanks given by:
RestlessEye (02-12-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 11:14 PM   #6392
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
A Drug-Infested Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagheeraMcGee View Post
A few pages ago, I described my lovely Asendia experience. Never again. I'm paying the extra 3 to have Amazon send my titles Amazon Global Priority, which arrive 2-4 business days and is a far cry from the 2 weeks that it normally takes for Standard shipping to come overseas.

The Global Priority shipments are handled by DHL Worldwide, and I can vouch that I just received my first order I tried with this method on Thursday night, and all titles arrived in excellent condition.

For a few bucks more, it's worth it as far as I'm concerned.
Well, to be honest, for me this is a rare exception. I've been ordering things from Amazon UK for some 15-20 years, and almost never have an issue with the packaging. The only issue I have with them using Asendia is that there's no tracking.

Old 02-10-2018, 11:21 PM   #6393
Expert Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Well, to be honest, for me this is a rare exception. I've been ordering things from Amazon UK for some 15-20 years, and almost never have an issue with the packaging. The only issue I have with them using Asendia is that there's no tracking.
The only issue might be if they use UPS. They almost always get you for the customs charge depending on the amount of the order.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:41 PM   #6394
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2015
Rhondda United kingdom
United Kingdom

I could be wrong but I think the US has a higher import threshold than the measly 15 that we experience in the UK
Films I would like to see on Blu Ray (In no particular order) : The Phantom Lady (1944) Local Hero (1983) The 7 Faces of Dr Lao (1964) Martin (1977) Straight To Hell (1980) Escape From Sobibor (1987) The Phantom Tollbooth (1970) The Amazing Mr. Blunden (1972)
Old 02-11-2018, 02:13 AM   #6395
Power Member

Jan 2014
Portland, OR

Quote:
It just seems like there's too many people lately having an issue with something they ordered that got shipped via Asendia. I don't want to take any more chances, so I went ahead and changed the shipping speed on my Hammer Volume 2 pre-order because I don't want that box looking like someone used it for field goal practice when I get it.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:50 PM   #6396

Mar 2012

Personally, I’ve never had anything damaged by Asendia yet, but almost all of my packages from them arrive opened on at least one end (the cardboard envelope style boxes) and I’m quite surprised the Blu-rays have never fallen out....so maybe I’ll start paying for extra shipping just in case.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:01 PM   #6397
Special Member

Sep 2009
Salty City, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabuscus View Post
well i got 14 indicators through amazon this week and none of them were cracked. Phew!
lucky!!!

Display : Panasonic TC-P55VT50.
Audio : YAMAHA RX-V867.
Media : oppo BDP-103 (region free) / PS4 Pro 1TB.
Center : polkaudio CS2 Series II.
Front : polkaudio Monitor60 Series II.
Surround : polkaudio Monitor40 Series II.
Subwoofer : polkaudio PSW505.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:02 PM   #6398
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2015
Rhondda United kingdom
United Kingdom

My Hammer Volume Two set was just delivered by the postie. Number 3300 of 6000
Thanks given by:
rwsales (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 12:11 PM   #6399

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Parallel Universe View Post
My Hammer Volume Two set was just delivered by the postie. Number 3300 of 6000
mine arrived too - happy days.
Thanks given by:
Si Parallel Universe (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 01:27 PM   #6400
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2012

Have any US members been able to purchase Indicator titles through a US etailer? I hate importing. Maybe Diabolik?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland