Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Singin' in the Rain (Blu-ray)
£4.99
Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
£25.00
Ice Cold in Alex (Blu-ray)
£14.99
The LEGO Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
£7.46
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (Blu-ray)
£12.99
Ship of Fools (Blu-ray)
£14.99
Tom of Finland (Blu-ray)
£8.99
Troy: Fall of A City (Blu-ray)
£20.99
The 15:17 to Paris (Blu-ray)
£14.99
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate [3D] (Blu-ray)
£7.49
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
£4.99
Puppet Master (Blu-ray)
£26.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 02-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #40741

Mar 2010
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groge511 View Post
This thread is so quiet these days.
I miss the good ol' days when we looked forward to the next back catalogue Classic being released. Everything was so full of hope and joy.

Not that I particularly enjoyed the film but we still haven't even got The Black Cauldron yet. Doubt we ever will now :/

Roll on a proper remaster of Sword in the Stone!
I know, it's a little sombre how a few posters have moved on, i guess with most of the films now released on a HD format there's no pull to 'the next big catalogue release' But they should move on to getting their live action catalogue out next, get some excitement back in the thread! I will not rest until we have Honey, I Shrunk the Kids and Hocus Pocus
Thanks given by:
yer wot? (02-02-2018), yeslek (02-04-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 09:26 PM   #40742
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Just need them to get a shift on with 4K...

Disney 2 for £XX starts March 5th for anyone wondering.
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Samsung 55KS7000 SUHD|Samsung UBD-K8500|Nintendo Switch|Xbox One S|PS4(2TB)|PS3 Slim(1TB)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Sky+HD Box.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:46 AM   #40743
Power Member

Jan 2014

All the action is in the US Disney Movie Club thread nowadays. Picking them up via eBay in the past year or so Ive got Cool Runnings, The Mighty Ducks, Honey I Shrunk The Kids and Jungle 2 Jungle. Upcoming releases include Saludos Amigos and Mighty Joe Young. Costs around £30 per title via eBay but when Disney has stopped releasing catalogue titles in the UK thats the only option left to get these on Blu-ray.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Blu-ray Wishlist: A Little Princess | American Pie: Band Camp / Naked Mile / Beta House | Bully | Can't Buy Me Love | Kevin & Perry Go Large | Panic Room | Pretty In Pink | RAD | Red Eye | Some Kind Of Wonderful | The Abyss | The Beach | The Forgotten | The Glass House | The Parent Trap | True Lies
Old 02-03-2018, 07:41 PM   #40744

Jan 2015

Anyone willing to part with £40 for it can now own Saludos Amigos / Three Caballeros on BluRay... eBay the best route for these sort of purchases?
Old 02-04-2018, 10:59 PM   #40745
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011
Scotland

Won't be spoiling anything here obviously but just wanted to say I'm just back from seeing Coco and thoroughly enjoyed it
Steelbooks Pre-ordered
Black Panther (4K), Pokemon:I Choose You, Murder on the Orient Express, Star Wars 8 (4K), Thor Ragnarok (4K)
Old 02-07-2018, 11:41 AM   #40746

Oct 2012
Glasgow, Scotland

I think for many people they wanted a complete Disney collection with slipcovers and the original editions with all the bonus discs and special features and then when Disney gave them what they wanted and gave them an abundance of slip covers most people couldn't afford to buy them all. Then the Big Sleeve Editions came out and the first few were fine but then many of them seemed to be released all at once.

Ironically I think many people can't afford to keep their Disney collections up to date lol. When I go into HMV now it seems like everything has it's own slipcover. Tesco has massive Big Sleeve Editions all over their DVD department. So Disney have listened but it seems to be too much for some. They may only have one copy of a film but 2 or 3 different slipcovers to choose from and they MUST all match up on the spines and be numbered etc etc. It's just too much for some.

Last edited by crazybeats; 02-07-2018 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:48 PM   #40747

Mar 2011
Atlantica

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE83 View Post
Anyone willing to part with £40 for it can now own Saludos Amigos / Three Caballeros on BluRay... eBay the best route for these sort of purchases?
I'm really debating whether to try and pick up a copy of this on eBay despite the highly inflated price I'd pay.

I did cave and buy the final five films on DVD (with the slipcovers) last year, but I really would love a HD version. If The Black Cauldron were being released i, I'd import in a heart beat as I adore the film.

I do think both of these films are important pieces of Disney history so it's a shame they're not getting wide release even if just in the USA.

On another note, is anyone selling any of the new Marvel slipcovers? I'm not double dipping but if I can I'd like to get slips for my MCU films that don't already have slips; I'd be after Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor. Can't seem to find anyone selling them on eBay
Old 02-08-2018, 03:18 PM   #40748
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by miklc View Post
On another note, is anyone selling any of the new Marvel slipcovers? I'm not double dipping but if I can I'd like to get slips for my MCU films that don't already have slips; I'd be after Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor. Can't seem to find anyone selling them on eBay
If you ever see them in a CeX store be super nice and ask if you can be weird and just have the slipcover. I've done it quite a few times in different stores. You get some weird looks but depending on who you get you may get lucky!
Steelbooks Pre-ordered
Black Panther (4K), Pokemon:I Choose You, Murder on the Orient Express, Star Wars 8 (4K), Thor Ragnarok (4K)
Old 02-09-2018, 02:24 PM   #40749
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragically View Post
Not sure if it helps but the bluray & dvds releases in
- Germany on March 29th (Yes, 3D)
- France on April 6th (Yes, 3D)
- The Netherlands, Belgium & Luxembourg (Benelux) on April 4th (No, 3D)
- Spain it's deleted from the website, so I have no idea about that one, sorry.

I do know that they have been playing the movie there earlier so, not sure if UK will get it around that time too then or a bit later, but seeing that the bigger other countries got them in 3D I'm sure that the UK will too.
3D pre-orders have gone up in the Netherlands at some retailers in the past week.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:20 PM   #40750

Mar 2011
Atlantica

Quote:
If you ever see them in a CeX store be super nice and ask if you can be weird and just have the slipcover. I've done it quite a few times in different stores. You get some weird looks but depending on who you get you may get lucky!
I'd be way too embarrassed to do something like that thanks though!!

I'm just going to keep checking eBay, I'm not super desperate but they would look nice alongside the 3D slips for the other films (and the standard slips I have for Hulk and Spiderman: Homecoming), figured I'm never going to have a uniform MCU collection so not bothered the spines won't match

Has anyone imported a copy of Return to Oz on Blu? I'm in two minds whether to fork out for it, it's a guilty pleasure for me as it used to scare me silly as a child and now have a certain amount of nostalgia attached to the film however, I don't even have a DVD copy of it. Would it be worth the price of importing, appreciate there's no bonus content but is the quality of the transfer worth it?

Last edited by miklc; 02-09-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:09 PM   #40751
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklc View Post
I'd be way too embarrassed to do something like that thanks though!!
I've mentioned it before but you can pick up the BDs with slips by buying them and trading them straight back in. But ask first, then offer them a few quid if they don't fancy giving them away.
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time." DM
"How many times do I have to buy this thing?" MH
"Sure. Fine. Whatever." DS
Old 02-10-2018, 01:31 PM   #40752

Mar 2015
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion Soldier View Post
3D pre-orders have gone up in the Netherlands at some retailers in the past week.
Oh that's great! I hadn't seen that yet. Thank you for the update (:

Spain has updated them again and that release date is also for the 4th of April.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:41 PM   #40753

Mar 2011
Atlantica

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
I've mentioned it before but you can pick up the BDs with slips by buying them and trading them straight back in. But ask first, then offer them a few quid if they don't fancy giving them away.
Didn't think of that, I guess they'd still be making a profit as well because the trade back price would be less than the cost of the buying the film in the first place, I'll keep my eyes peeled. I'm hoping they start cropping up online over the next few weeks once they've been in stores a while but we'll see
Thanks given by:
chip75 (02-10-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 05:36 PM   #40754

Feb 2012

Remember when Disney would release one or two classics a year... those where the days.

.... still waiting on the unreleased Classics on BluRays.
Thanks given by:
yeslek (02-16-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 07:49 PM   #40755
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmccrae View Post
Remember when Disney would release one or two classics a year... those where the days.

.... still waiting on the unreleased Classics on BluRays.
Yes, they were great. Sadly it’s been a few years without any catalog releases, but at least they’ve finally delivered on Amigos / Caballeros, so that’s something.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:29 PM   #40756
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by davlee1991 View Post
Yes, they were great. Sadly it’s been a few years without any catalog releases, but at least they’ve finally delivered on Amigos / Caballeros, so that’s something.
have they?
am so out of the loop
(Pre-)ordered/Shipped: Coco 3D SB Zavvi / Fight Club single Lenti Manta SB / Justice League 3D HMV SB / Thor Ragnorok 3D SB Zavvi
For Sale/Trade: (PM me) Novamedia lenti image o-ring (not lenti finish) GotG 2017 ed / Monsters Inc 3D/2D Kimchi Lenti Steelbook (opened) / Maze Runner Scorch Trails Kimchi lenti steelbook (open) / Deadpool FAC Fullslip steelbook (opened) /Zootopia Kimchi fullslip (sealed)
Wanted: Wonder Woman Manta Double Lenti / Valerian 3D/4K Steelbook
Old 02-17-2018, 03:26 AM   #40757
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeslek View Post
have they?
am so out of the loop
Yep been released as a double pack in the states. Sadly, exclusive to the Disney movie club.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:28 PM   #40758
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by davlee1991 View Post
Yep been released as a double pack in the states. Sadly, exclusive to the Disney movie club.
hence why I wasnt aware of it
urgh

thanks
(Pre-)ordered/Shipped: Coco 3D SB Zavvi / Fight Club single Lenti Manta SB / Justice League 3D HMV SB / Thor Ragnorok 3D SB Zavvi
For Sale/Trade: (PM me) Novamedia lenti image o-ring (not lenti finish) GotG 2017 ed / Monsters Inc 3D/2D Kimchi Lenti Steelbook (opened) / Maze Runner Scorch Trails Kimchi lenti steelbook (open) / Deadpool FAC Fullslip steelbook (opened) /Zootopia Kimchi fullslip (sealed)
Wanted: Wonder Woman Manta Double Lenti / Valerian 3D/4K Steelbook
Old 02-19-2018, 08:18 PM   #40759

Feb 2018
United Kingdom

Does anyone have a list of all available releases? Such as classics/ sequels - Cinderella 2 etc / live action - tomorrow land?
Old 02-19-2018, 10:08 PM   #40760
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd88 View Post
Does anyone have a list of all available releases? Such as classics/ sequels - Cinderella 2 etc / live action - tomorrow land?
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies...leasetimestamp
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland