Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
15 hrs ago
The Foreigner (Blu-ray)
$10.99
15 hrs ago
Sicario (Blu-ray)
$4.00

Fifty Shades Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
15 hrs ago
The Avengers 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.22

I, Tonya (Blu-ray)
$9.99
15 hrs ago
Atomic Blonde (Blu-ray)
$9.99
15 hrs ago
Darkest Hour (Blu-ray)
$9.99
15 hrs ago
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Pacific Rim: Uprising (Blu-ray)
$11.99

12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$29.33

Den of Thieves (Blu-ray)
$14.99
15 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-06-2018, 01:34 PM   #28141
Special Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post
Not to my knowledge. Some people were even trying to argue in the ANOES thread that the audio was slightly out of sync during the film's theatrical run and that the Blu-ray was how the audio was supposed to be. lol

Unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanJoyce View Post
35th. I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the 40th to be announced.

Probably in October to coincide with the new movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CineSicko View Post
So, at this stage, is the box set the only way to get the '78 film with the original mono audio? No stand-alone release yet?

Thatís quite correct, and even the new boxed set still misses a couple of extras from the 25th anniversary Divimax DVD.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:17 PM   #28142
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetMasterBlu View Post
Hmmm how much better? I heard 5 is better as well.
Quite an improvement IMHO. I don't have part 5 so I can't comment on that one.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:26 PM   #28143

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 View Post
Is this missing the “Cut Above the Rest” documentary and the 25th anniversary commentary? What kind of Ultimate Edition omits previous extras?!
Not sure if you are referring to the 10-disc set or the deluxe 15-disc set, but the deluxe set does have both of these things.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:21 AM   #28144
Special Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dullboy View Post
Not sure if you are referring to the 10-disc set or the deluxe 15-disc set, but the deluxe set does have both of these things.

Then I just wasted money ;-).
Old 02-08-2018, 02:18 AM   #28145
Special Member

Sep 2011

Is the best version of HALLOWEEN 4 the NSM 2016 German release? I can get it for about $22 shipped. If so, is it really worth importing or should I just stick with the US release? Thanks for any input.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:52 PM   #28146
Power Member

May 2010
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothepartypal View Post
Is the best version of HALLOWEEN 4 the NSM 2016 German release? I can get it for about $22 shipped. If so, is it really worth importing or should I just stick with the US release? Thanks for any input.
If you can get it for $22, then definitely do it. The transfer is better than anything released in the states. I paid $45 it for it myself. The only trouble for me is that the special features won't play in my player. But they play in my cousin's player, go figure. It doesn't make a difference to me because everything is already available in the 15 disc set.
Thanks given by:
welcometothepartypal (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 07:07 PM   #28147

Jan 2013
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke4711 View Post
If you can get it for $22, then definitely do it. The transfer is better than anything released in the states. I paid $45 it for it myself. The only trouble for me is that the special features won't play in my player. But they play in my cousin's player, go figure. It doesn't make a difference to me because everything is already available in the 15 disc set.

Any english subs?
Old 02-08-2018, 07:29 PM   #28148
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

Seems like Tiberius/NSM is the latest "good" German blu-ray and the Intergroove Media is a worse earlier disc. Tiberius/NSM seems to have atleast one re-issue also for incorrect german audio if you really need that. It that correct?

Too bad NSM isn't on caps since I also want to see 4 and 5 compared. Seen screens when they came out but would like to fresh my memory if they are worth buying.

Also seems like you can buy the Tiberius branded disc ofor Halloween 4 even cheaper on amazon.de while the NSM is a little more expensive.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:51 PM   #28149
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
USA

Quote:
I heard 4 and 5 were better......better how? Is it the same master? If im dropping that kind of money I would really love to see the difference.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:42 PM   #28150
Power Member

May 2010
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyfa666 View Post
Any english subs?
No English subs. English and German audio in both 2.0 and 5.1. It also has the two commentary tracks in English. So it has a total of six audio tracks. There are also German subs which look like they translate the commentaries.

Quote:
I heard 4 and 5 were better......better how? Is it the same master? If im dropping that kind of money I would really love to see the difference.
I've never claimed to be an expert, but from doing side by side comparisons between the disc from the US standalone release and the Austrian, the Austrian is definitely better. It possibly is taken from a different master. I don't know for sure. The menus are also unique and are mostly in German.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:22 PM   #28151

Aug 2014

Quote:
I have both and in my opinion the Austrian release is better for both audio and video. Itís a very nice disc. Someone did a review of this release last year on this page.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:28 PM   #28152
Special Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. Is it "uncut" compared to the US version? I noticed some German discs say "uncut", because it was first released "cut" in Germany. Meaning it was "cut" for Germany at some point but the "uncut version" is the same version the US has always had. Am I making any sense?
Old 02-09-2018, 09:00 PM   #28153
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2016
Los Angeles

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. Is it "uncut" compared to the US version? I noticed some German discs say "uncut", because it was first released "cut" in Germany. Meaning it was "cut" for Germany at some point but the "uncut version" is the same version the US has always had. Am I making any sense?
Iím pretty sure the uncut German version is the same as the normal US version.

What I would be interested in is the uncut scene where Michael kills Mikey. If you notice when heís on the floor thereís a jump cut where something was obviously removed. I doubt weíll ever get to see it, though.
Thanks given by:
welcometothepartypal (02-10-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 09:05 PM   #28154
Power Member

May 2010
-

Quote:
Yeah, you're making sense, and you got it right. Uncut in Germany is the US theatrical cut. Uncut in the US usually means added footage which did not appear in the theatrical cut. Makes me wonder, what do Germans call the US version of uncut?
Thanks given by:
welcometothepartypal (02-10-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 09:19 PM   #28155
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2016
Los Angeles

I think they call it uncut because it looks like a previous German release was cut:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Hallow...Blu-ray/32406/

It says on there it’s 91 minutes, while the US release says 97 minutes and the uncut German release says 98 minutes (I’m guessing they’re the same).
Old 02-10-2018, 03:28 AM   #28156

Aug 2013
TX

Does any one by any chance still have there original Halloween 4 disc WITH the sync issues and wouldn't mind parting with it? I'd be willing to pay for it. Not a ridiculous amount of course. But the completist in me has to have it. And if anyone would like to refresh my memory.. Why were some complaining of the issues while others weren't? Was this because not all discs were affected (as much or not at all)? Or does this have to do with the quality of one's player?
Old 02-13-2018, 03:59 PM   #28157
Special Member

Aug 2012
California

I can't seem to find a straight answer, but does this set include the theatrical versions of Rob Zombie's Halloween and Halloween II?

Also, if it doesn't include them, just wondering what people might think about the Canadian set from Alliance that is the theatrical cuts. Just wondering how those stack up with PQ and what not.

Last edited by DukeTogo84; 02-13-2018 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:53 PM   #28158
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
North Carolina, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by duketogo84 View Post
I can't seem to find a straight answer, but does this set include the theatrical versions of Rob Zombie's Halloween and Halloween II?

Also, if it doesn't include them, just wondering what people might think about the Canadian set from Alliance that is the theatrical cuts. Just wondering how those stack up with PQ and what not.
Neither of the Scream Factory sets include the theatrical cuts.

The Alliance blu-ray double feature looks pretty good though, and has both theatrical cuts.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:59 PM   #28159
Special Member

Dec 2011
Default Halloween: The Complete Collection (1978-2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duketogo84 View Post

Also, if it doesn't include them, just wondering what people might think about the Canadian set from Alliance that is the theatrical cuts. Just wondering how those stack up with PQ and whatnot.

No, it doesn’t.

I picked up this set on eBay. Lot of work just to get the mono track :-p.

At least I get some really cool extras.

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 02-13-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:31 AM   #28160
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2016
Los Angeles

Anyone here have the NSM disc for Halloween 6? I didn’t know there was one till a few minutes ago. I’m curious how the quality is. The Scream Factory disc of the theatrical cut is grainier than the P-Cut but the P-Cut has pretty low contrast in a lot of scenes. Some of the scenes in the theatrical cut have nice, vibrant colors but they also went overboard with it and some of the nighttime shots are too dark. Overall I’d say the P-Cut looks more natural and is definitely from a higher quality print. I was wondering how the NSM disc looks compared to these.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America