Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Bridge of Spies (Blu-ray)
$8.99
5 hrs ago
Mr. Robot: Season 3.0 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Fantastic Voyage (Blu-ray)
$5.99

The Finest Hours (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$5.34
3 hrs ago
Avatar The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

A Few Good Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Dark Crystal 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Fury 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Pitch Perfect 3 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Bram Stoker's Dracula 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Movies Anywhere

Old 02-09-2018, 10:12 PM   #1
Expert Member

Oct 2008
Default Leon: The Professional (extended cut)

I own Leon: The Professional theatrical and extended cuts in my Vudu account which both ported to MA but the extended cut did not port to my iTunes account. Anyone else here have the extended cut port over to their iTunes account? The extended cut is in the extras of the theatrical cut but that does not count as they were both as separate movies in my Vudu and MA account and iTunes sells the extended cut as well and is listed as MA compatible plus you can't download extras from iTunes.

Last edited by PCFan; 02-09-2018 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:42 PM   #2

Aug 2009

Usually in iTunes, especially with Sony films that have two different cuts, the alternate versions are usually found in the extras. This is working as designed in iTunes.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:10 PM   #3
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Well when I redeemed Close Encounters of a Third Kind digital code from the 4k disc through MA I got the director's cut and the theatrical edition ported as separate movies to my iTunes account plus all 3 versions inside the director's cut extras. Those are Sony films as well. So I don't think it has anything to do with the way iTunes handles Sony movies ported from MA because if it were in the way you say it is then I would have only the director's cut in my iTunes account since it also has all 3 versions of Close Encounters of a Third Kind in the extras and not the theatrical cut shown as a separate movie in my iTunes account.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:15 PM   #4
Expert Member

Oct 2008

I also contacted Apple about it and they told me to contact MA about it since both versions should have ported to iTunes as I have both versions in my MA account and I also mentioned the extended edition inside the extras to Apple tech support. However, iTunes Store sells the extended edition as well and blu-ray.com lists it as MA.

Last edited by PCFan; 02-09-2018 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:40 PM   #5

Aug 2009

I just searched in iTunes and Leon The Professional extended cut is not listed. It only shows the theatrical cut. Maybe Sony or Apple has removed the extended cut from iTunes, that's why the extended cut is not showing in your iTunes collection.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:23 AM   #6
Expert Member

Oct 2008

http://www.blu-ray.com/itunes/The-Pr...-iTunes/16410/

However, doing an actual search through the iTunes store, the extended edition does not show up as you said. That explains it. Blu-ray.com needs to update their iTunes database.

Last edited by PCFan; 02-10-2018 at 01:32 AM.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:53 AM   #7

Dec 2017

Likewise, when porting to Google Play, you only get the Extended Cut, even though the normal version is also available.

When you go to YouTube.com/purchases it shows that you own "Léon: The Professional (Extended Cut)" twice.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Movies Anywhere