Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Night of the Living Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.24
The Boss Baby 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.90
Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
NFL Super Bowl 52 Champions (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Post (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$10.99
10 Things I Hate About You (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Homeland: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Peter Capaldi Years (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (Blu-ray)
$5.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-09-2018, 07:46 PM   #1541
Special Member

Dec 2016
Gentrification Central

I ordered this direct from Arrow (in late December) and Paypal refunded my money today. And I literally cannot find the title on Arrow's website. Am I the only one?
Top 10 wanted blu-ray upgrades:
1. Young Guns II 2. Young Sherlock Holmes 3. Happy Accidents 4. Masculin Feminin 5. Made in the USA 6. Idiocracy 7. Dragonslayer
8. Suicide Club 9. The City of Violence (South Korea) 10. The Secret of Roan Inish and, um 11. Turkish Delight and 12. Starsky & Hutch the TV series
Old 02-09-2018, 07:53 PM   #1542
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20th Century Boy View Post
I ordered this direct from Arrow (in late December) and Paypal refunded my money today. And I literally cannot find the title on Arrow's website. Am I the only one?
That's because it's sold out. It wouldn't be on their site anymore.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #1543

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates_Motel View Post
Not sure if that's true. Three days ago I wrote them on my lost order from a Jan 2nd shipment and they responded saying a replacement order has been shipped out on Feb 7th
Old 02-09-2018, 08:07 PM   #1544
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Not sure if that's true. Three days ago I wrote them on my lost order from a Jan 2nd shipment and they responded saying a replacement order has been shipped out on Feb 7th
Right, and? They have extra copies, all companies do. I've received replacements from both Twilight Time and Criterion for OOP titles.

But if they are legally bound to only sell X number per contract, then they can't sell the extras. Extras exist for reasons like yours. The title is sold out and it was taken off their site.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:09 PM   #1545
Special Member

Nov 2014

Seeing what some people who complained to Amazon early got, I could have been a jerk but I called Amazon a week or two ago and said "Look, I locked into the $22.09 price point and was forced to go the Amazon UK route when it looked like my chances for getting it were limited. I appreciate the $5 coupon, but I'd really like an additional $6, which combined would cover the additional costs I incurred...especially since you but it back up on your site at the $22.09 price point." She understood and cheerfully applied the extra $6 to my account.

Was easy and simple going that route, and I appreciate them for rectifying it.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:11 PM   #1546

Jan 2013
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanJoyce View Post
Seeing what some people who complained to Amazon early got, I could have been a jerk but I called Amazon a week or two ago and said "Look, I locked into the $22.09 price point and was forced to go the Amazon UK route when it looked like my chances for getting it were limited. I appreciate the $5 coupon, but I'd really like an additional $6, which combined would cover the additional costs I incurred...especially since you but it back up on your site at the $22.09 price point." She understood and cheerfully applied the extra $6 to my account.

Was easy and simple going that route, and I appreciate them for rectifying it.
I wrote a post about this in the past. I locked in to buying Jamaica Inn at 18 dollars, and it went OOP. They cancelled my order, and I emailed and chatted back and forth and made them send me a copy that a third party seller had listed for $250. Everytime, they've tried to cancel an order I have argued till they sent me the item for the agreed upon price.

Well, technically I had to buy it from the seller for 250 and then Amazon refunded the $230 difference but I still got the disc for 18 bucks.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if you're a prime member and have been for a long time, if you argue with them long enough they will send you the item for the price you were locked in for.

Keep photos of the order, keep the order code, because they will delete it from the site like it was never there.
Blu Rays I want.
1. Return to Snowy River
2. A Far Off Place
3. Quills
4. A New 4k remastered version of The Ninth Gate
5. 1990 Treasure Island with Charlton Heston
Old 02-09-2018, 10:16 PM   #1547

Jan 2013
Texas

Btw, when this release first came out I got 3 copies. 2 are unopened and marinating and waiting for the price to go through the roof. I've done that with a couple of Twilight Time discs too.

It's a good way to fund future purchases, or trade other members for OOP titles they might have.
Blu Rays I want.
1. Return to Snowy River
2. A Far Off Place
3. Quills
Old 02-09-2018, 11:08 PM   #1548
Special Member

Dec 2016
Gentrification Central

Quote:
That's odd. I've seen sometimes sold out titles on their site, but with a "sold out" tag on them. But there are others I think that aren't on their site at all despite being sold out. Crap.
1. Young Guns II 2. Young Sherlock Holmes 3. Happy Accidents 4. Masculin Feminin 5. Made in the USA 6. Idiocracy 7. Dragonslayer
8. Suicide Club 9. The City of Violence (South Korea) 10. The Secret of Roan Inish and, um 11. Turkish Delight and 12. Starsky & Hutch the TV series
Old 02-09-2018, 11:11 PM   #1549
Special Member

Dec 2016
Gentrification Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Then why the hell don't I have one?

This title made #2 on my top 100 films of all time on the forums*. I pre-ordered then ordered from Arrow directly and I still don't have a copy.

Pre-orders be damned. Seriously.

(* actually number 4, but the rules woudn't allow me to have a three way tie for my top 3 pics).
Old 02-09-2018, 11:21 PM   #1550
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexes23 View Post
Btw, when this release first came out I got 3 copies. 2 are unopened and marinating and waiting for the price to go through the roof. I've done that with a couple of Twilight Time discs too.

It's a good way to fund future purchases, or trade other members for OOP titles they might have.
Prices won't go through the roof, especially after they release a non-special edition like they typically do. The only thing it will have extra is the outer box and book. They're all over eBay from $40-$150 and most have zero bids.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:36 PM   #1551

Jan 2013
Texas

Quote:
Prices won't go through the roof, especially after they release a non-special edition like they typically do. The only thing it will have extra is the outer box and book. They're all over eBay from $40-$150 and most have zero bids.
Those people are impatient. I haven't sold a single disc yet. I'm talking years from now. When the wells have dried up and someone new starts getting into film as much as the people around here currently are and there are OOP editions they really want.

It's not a get rich quick scheme. And like I said I might use them for trades also.
Blu Rays I want.
1. Return to Snowy River
2. A Far Off Place
3. Quills
Old 02-09-2018, 11:50 PM   #1552
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009

Years from now when the film is available in 4k on UHD and the BD is considered obsolete, you mean?
Old 02-09-2018, 11:57 PM   #1553

Jan 2013
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingster View Post
Years from now when the film is available in 4k on UHD and the BD is considered obsolete, you mean?
If you think this film is slated for a 4k disc release I think you'll be severely disappointed.
Blu Rays I want.
1. Return to Snowy River
2. A Far Off Place
3. Quills
Old 02-10-2018, 12:01 AM   #1554
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009

Well it ain't slated for a 4K release any time soon, but "years from now" why wouldn't it be?
Old 02-10-2018, 12:08 AM   #1555

Jan 2013
Texas

Quote:
Well it ain't slated for a 4K release any time soon, but "years from now" why wouldn't it be?
Because as each day passes more and more new movies come out, and as those movies come out and are offered in 4k you have people who still aren't buying in. And those who are, are mostly buying new movies. Will the public transition to 4k eventually? We shall see. But if you think studios are going to go back to films from the 40's 50's and 60's that are already on Blu Ray and start putting them on UHD discs, I think you are mistaken.

Yeah 2001, Planet of The Apes, etc....... Huge commercial successes that sell in the millions yes. But "The Apartment", I don't think so.
Blu Rays I want.
1. Return to Snowy River
2. A Far Off Place
3. Quills
Old 02-10-2018, 12:11 AM   #1556
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009

Could've said the exact same thing about Blu-ray ten years ago! Oh and considering The Apartment is almost 60yrs old now and just got a fancy 4K restoration release on Blu-ray (which BTW means the "financial" hard work for UHD is basically done) I think it is more than little short-sighted to suggest there just isn't enough "interest" in these classic films anymore, don't you think?

At the moment UHD his prohibitively costly for boutique labels to make the jump, but as UHD as a format evolves that may change. It only takes one boutique label to take the plunge and make a go of it and all the floodgates open for both their and their rival's 4K back catalogue.

Last edited by Shingster; 02-10-2018 at 12:16 AM.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:18 AM   #1557

Jan 2013
Texas

Quote:
Could've said the exact same thing about Blu-ray ten years ago! Oh and considering The Apartment is almost 60yrs old now and just got a fancy 4K restoration release on Blu-ray (which BTW means the "financial" hard work for UHD is basically done) I think it is more than little short-sighted to suggest there just isn't enough "interest" in these classic films anymore, don't you think?
The majority of my collection is old films, have a look. I didn't say there is no interest in them. What I said was I don't think there is enough interest to put most of them on UHD discs. We shall see what happens.
Blu Rays I want.
1. Return to Snowy River
2. A Far Off Place
3. Quills
Old 02-10-2018, 12:25 AM   #1558
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
Los Angeles

Quote:
Those people are impatient. I haven't sold a single disc yet. I'm talking years from now. When the wells have dried up and someone new starts getting into film as much as the people around here currently are and there are OOP editions they really want.

It's not a get rich quick scheme. And like I said I might use them for trades also.
LOL ok, but years from now, no one will over pay just to get a book, especially when a regular edition will be readily available. I think you can trust me on that, I've been around the block more than once. I've flipped all sorts of stuff over the last 20 years, but I'm at least smart about it.

And thinking it will be some sort of collector's edition in an era when physical media is dying is ignorant to what people actually want (and again, if it had any extra content other than a book, maybe, but it won't)... but you keep believing whatever makes you sleep better, I guess.

Quote:
If you think this film is slated for a 4k disc release I think you'll be severely disappointed.
Maybe not, but 100% a 4K stream (which, in a few years, will rival what a disc looks like) or download, which will both best a 1080p disc. How are all those collectible Laserdiscs selling for you? I thought so.

Last edited by Bates_Motel; 02-10-2018 at 12:30 AM.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:37 AM   #1559

Jan 2013
Texas

Quote:
LOL ok, but years from now, no one will over pay just to get a book, especially when a regular edition will be readily available. I think you can trust me on that, I've been around the block more than once. I've flipped all sorts of stuff over the last 20 years, but I'm at least smart about it.

And thinking it will be some sort of collector's edition in an era when physical media is dying is ignorant to what people actually want (and again, if it had any extra content other than a book, maybe, but it won't)... but you keep believing whatever makes you sleep better, I guess.

Maybe not, but 100% a 4K stream (which, in a few years, will rival what a disc looks like) or download, which will both best a 1080p disc. How are all those collectible Laserdiscs selling for you? I thought so.
I don't have any laserdiscs. But some of them go for insane prices if you have the right ones. The top of the line player, the last one to come out new in a box also sells for like 2 grand also. Like I said we shall see. It's not like my primary business model. I just like having a few copies of some films for future trades or sales.
Blu Rays I want.
1. Return to Snowy River
2. A Far Off Place
3. Quills
Old 02-10-2018, 05:28 PM   #1560
Power Member

Aug 2010
Quito, Ecuador

I ordered my copy from Amazon UK back in December and with a delivery date of January 22. The date arrived and no package was delivered. Furthermore, there wasn't a tracking number or shipping update. I contacted Amazon and they didn't have any info either so they issued a refund. I ordered a copy from the US (with no delivery date) and hoped I would get it eventually and yesterday, my copy from Amazon UK arrived in pristine condition!

Can't wait to see this beauty in glorious HD and delve into all the bonus features.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America