Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Aura Battler Dunbine: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$57.19

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Special Edition OVA (Blu-ray)
$34.29

Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution 1: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$24.59

Knight's & Magic: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$43.49

Armed Girl's Machiavellism: Premium (Blu-ray)
$57.19

The Boy and the Beast: Hosoda Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.54

In Another World With My Smartphone (Blu-ray)
$43.49

Classroom of the Elite: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$50.65

Armed Girl's Machiavellism: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99

The Seven Deadly Sins: Season One (Blu-ray)
$53.35

Mind Game (Blu-ray)
$14.49

Strike The Blood: TV Series Collection (Blu-ray)
$28.84

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 03-04-2018, 04:35 PM   #1101
Power Member

Jul 2010

I had to ship something FL, US to Europe (Germany) once and I was presented with two options for my box, one was $40 (the 7-10 business day) and the other was $70 (2-3 business day). If I opted to ship in one of those bubble mailer instead, it was $25 for the 7-10 and $40 for the 2-3. I just chucked the box into the bubble mailer and got it out for $30. Although this was several years ago and Iím sure those prices have dramatically risen. Iíd love to do it but Iím just not comfortable with it.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:05 PM   #1102
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2012
Denmark

You can ship a fairly sizable box for $23.50, as mentioned earlier. What matters is the weight.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:08 PM   #1103

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
Obviously, international buyers will just have to accept that shipping is going to be expensive and that it’s hard to say exactly how much before weighing the shipment.

Neither of those issues you mention are, to me, a good reason to flat out refuse to deal with international buyers. Errbody’s free to prefer domestic buyers, but all I’m asking is for a little flexibility and open-mindedness.
But but but Capitalism baby...

Suck it up. If people don't want to deal with shipping overseas then that is that.
It is no different then Europeans not shipping to Canada or the US. Some patch sellers in Japan won't shop anywhere outside of Asia. Just life.

Quote:
You can ship a fairly sizable box for $23.50, as mentioned earlier. What matters is the weight.
Uhh no it also depends on where you are shipping from as well. I ship to Europe all the time and it is cheaper on the East Coast then say the West Coast. I ship to Canada and a bubble mailer 6x9 is $14+. I shipped a box to England and it was $40. It was a small box with two chairsoft headsets. They weren't heavy either.
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.

Site FAQ

RIP ironsmile35
Thanks given by:
Nothing371 (03-04-2018)
Old 03-04-2018, 07:16 PM   #1104
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2015
Minneapolis

I don't ship things internationally. It's not worth my time, nor the extra liability from foreign postal services. The only times I'll make exceptions is the Ebay global shipping program because its just so easy. Filling out customs forms at the post office is another pain in the ass. The info on Paypal labels having all its ducks in a row is a giant liability as well.

It's not worth the hassle or the liability. Not when you have claims against you made at 10x+ the rate of shipping domestically. Sorry. It's not my job to take on a giant liability just so you can have a happy little discount.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:17 PM   #1105
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2012
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
But but but Capitalism baby...

Suck it up. If people don't want to deal with shipping overseas then that is that.
It is no different then Europeans not shipping to Canada or the US. Some patch sellers in Japan won't shop anywhere outside of Asia. Just life.
Itís bad capitalism to arbitrarily deny service to someone for no real reason.

Are there any Europeans here who donít want to ship to the US?
Old 03-04-2018, 07:23 PM   #1106
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2012
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing371 View Post
It's not my job to take on a giant liability just so you can have a happy little discount.
What liability? This is peer-to-peer trading. There are no rules like on eBay. The international buyer obviously has to accept that there is some risk involved. Part of my point is that people refusing to ship internationally is based on a lack of knowledge. I don’t see how weighing a shipment, buying shipping online and dropping it off at the PO is such a huge hassle. I’m not trying to make this site make it a RULE to force people to ship overseas either, though. Obviously.

I didn’t think you read my posts anyway

Also, the “suck it up” attitude doesn’t exactly help spread good cheer on the forums
Old 03-04-2018, 07:25 PM   #1107
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2017
Bluegrass State

See it, Smell it, Touch it, Taste it...
Old 03-04-2018, 07:30 PM   #1108

Dec 2009

Quote:
It’s bad capitalism to arbitrarily deny service to someone for no real reason.

Are there any Europeans here who don’t want to ship to the US?
Probably lol. I mean in the trading thread there are plenty.

And again I never said I wouldn't. Some just can't and shouldn't shame people that don't want to.

I'm a forward shipper for tons of patch people all over the world. But if someone doesn't want to sell me a patch that is what friends are for. You don't piss on people when later on you might need them.

Quote:
Also, the “suck it up” attitude doesn’t exactly help spread good cheer on the forums
Yeah and your posts do? lol

Suck it up and drive one is a phase that I have used since being on this site. No one has never complained about it. It literally means life sucks, but to overcome. I mean just in a more blunt way. Kind of how you are. No one complains about how blunt in a jerk way you are. We just accept you are a a hole and have gotten used to it. I mean I'm a jerk and most people know I am. lol But I'm loyal as well. I'm always willing to help someone when I can. Even if I am sarcastic butt.
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.

Site FAQ

RIP ironsmile35

Last edited by neoz; 03-04-2018 at 07:34 PM.
Thanks given by:
bubba111 (03-04-2018), BWBODDY (03-04-2018), Jol (03-04-2018), Magikor (03-05-2018), Snarfs (03-04-2018)
Old 03-04-2018, 09:13 PM   #1109
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2013

Quote:
What liability? This is peer-to-peer trading. There are no rules like on eBay. The international buyer obviously has to accept that there is some risk involved. Part of my point is that people refusing to ship internationally is based on a lack of knowledge. I donít see how weighing a shipment, buying shipping online and dropping it off at the PO is such a huge hassle. Iím not trying to make this site make it a RULE to force people to ship overseas either, though. Obviously.

I didnít think you read my posts anyway

Also, the ďsuck it upĒ attitude doesnít exactly help spread good cheer on the forums

ehhh to each their own.i dont like shipping internationally because i work a 65+hr job.in the us i can send a bubblemailer for under $5 anywhere and if its bigger boxes i do flat rate which i already know the prices to.i have NO TIME to take a guess or go back and forth to post office to get an estimate and spend more time going back and fourth in messages with someone on total cost for an item,plus filling out those international forms
LOOKING FOR BACK TO THE FUTURE ORIGINAL RELEASE SLIPBOX (UK)
Thanks given by:
Bobo1313 (03-05-2018), bubba111 (03-04-2018), neoz (03-04-2018)
Old 03-04-2018, 09:16 PM   #1110
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2012
Denmark

No one’s asking anyone to go back and forth to the post office bro

Hence my point about that there lack of knowledge. Some obviously think it’s much more difficult than it really is.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:21 PM   #1111
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2013

Quote:
No oneís asking anyone to go back and forth to the post office bro
i know no one is asking me.im telling you what I WOULD have to do
LOOKING FOR BACK TO THE FUTURE ORIGINAL RELEASE SLIPBOX (UK)
Thanks given by:
neoz (03-04-2018)
Old 03-04-2018, 09:32 PM   #1112

Aug 2013

My wife and I are in the process of closing on the house. We also have a 5 month old and both work full time. I simply don't have the time or the patience to go through trying to ship internationally right now. Something that I have never done before and have no idea how it works. I am very sorry that my refusal to sell internationally has upset people and starting an argument was the last thing I wanted. If I have anything left after the move, when I will have more time, then I will look into shipping internationally. Thank you all for your interest in my items
Thanks given by:
bubba111 (03-05-2018), BWBODDY (03-05-2018), Naiera (03-04-2018), neoz (03-04-2018)
Old 03-04-2018, 11:11 PM   #1113
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2017
Bluegrass State

I'm still

One of the reasons why I come to this Forum

My own comments on this issuse was one that I just came up with as a ( what if/maybe ) to the questions/comments being proposed.

Personally I've not sold anything on the Forum yet myself, I have given stuff away.
Frankly, I'd rather give something away than have to deal with figuring out how to get paid via Paypal
( never done it. and don't know how ) etc...

But if/when I do, I know I've got a bunch of rather nice folk here to sell my wares to
See it, Smell it, Touch it, Taste it...
Old 03-05-2018, 12:09 AM   #1114
Special Member

Jul 2013
Philadelphia, PA

It sure not easy to ship overseas from U.S., I used too and frankly it's not worth it for me. To each it's own though.
Thanks given by:
bubba111 (03-05-2018), BWBODDY (03-05-2018), darkness2918 (03-05-2018), Hek_qwerr (03-05-2018), neoz (03-05-2018), svenge (03-05-2018)
Old 03-05-2018, 11:46 PM   #1115

Jun 2017

For sale:

Escaflowne, Moribito, Slayers - dvd -25.99

and

saikano, Zaion - dvd - 15.99

selling on ebay. if interested PM
Old 03-09-2018, 01:55 AM   #1116
Expert Member

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLScavenger View Post
The only differences between the UK and French movie trilogy set are the covers and disc art. French packaging pictures.

The series did not get a release in France.
Sorry for quoting you so late here: just to be certain, this release has English subtitles, correct? The back of the package, as well as the listing on Amazon France only mentions French subs.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:34 AM   #1117
Expert Member

Aug 2013
Australia, m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevers7290 View Post
Sorry for quoting you so late here: just to be certain, this release has English subtitles, correct? The back of the package, as well as the listing on Amazon France only mentions French subs.
The French set uses Anime Limited's UK discs, the UK release was just a repackage of the French release I believe. I've also seen a French review of the set refer specifically to the English options on the set.
Local youth preaches Mawaru Penguindrum; unsettles community.
Hit me up on Twitter
Thanks given by:
kevers7290 (03-10-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 04:55 AM   #1118
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
Midwest, U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylontack View Post
The French set uses Anime Limited's UK discs, the UK release was just a repackage of the French release I believe.
Which came first: the chicken or the egg?
Sony BDP-S580 | Samsung T240HD

Girls With Guns: "I really dig the chick with the knife - waifu material for sure!"
Old 03-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #1119
Special Member

Dec 2013
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevers7290 View Post
Yes, it definitely has English subtitles. I own the French set. English subs aren't mentioned because AL don't want UK people importing the French release and vice versa.

Last edited by NLScavenger; 03-09-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Thanks given by:
kevers7290 (03-10-2018)
Old 03-10-2018, 12:36 AM   #1120
Expert Member

Aug 2013
Australia, m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaFox View Post
Which came first: the chicken or the egg?
Sorry I see how that comes off now, what I meant was the French release uses the same discs AS the UK release which I believed/believe to be a repackage, not that the French release is some weird time paradox
Local youth preaches Mawaru Penguindrum; unsettles community.
Hit me up on Twitter

Last edited by Sylontack; 03-10-2018 at 12:42 AM.
Thanks given by:
SeaFox (03-10-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime