COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Audio Signature Classical Collection (Blu-ray)
$144.01
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Smurfs 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Los Angeles Kings: 2014 Stanley Cup Champions (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$74.35
Cuban Fury (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Curtains (Blu-ray)
$17.47
Last Vegas (Blu-ray)
$9.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
The Blacklist: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Old 09-26-2009, 12:27 PM   #1

Sep 2009
Default Having problems with Wolverine playback

I have a fairing stout gaming PC that I upgraded the optic drive to a LG GGC-H20L. It plays all my other Blu-ray disc fine except for the Wolverine Blu-ray. All other parts of the disc play fine except the main feature. When trying to play the main movie, the sound plays fine and the video is like getting half decoded and scrambled. I thought it was the disc, so I took it back to have it tested. They tried it in a Sony home player and it worked flawless. I even loaned it to a friend and he was able to play it on his PS3. I don't think it is the hardware or drivers. I am running PowerDVD 7 that came with the drive with all the updates. But like I said it is only this one movie. And they are less likely to exchange it for another one if it plays on their players. What else can I try?
Old 09-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #2

Sep 2009
Angry

Ive spent like 4hrs with this problem,i have same LG as U and gamin beast PC.Simple solution (dont want 2 bother U with whole action) is : b4 U start PowerDVD (my ver. is 9) unplug ur PC from internet,than when the movie will b runnin w/o any problem ,U can plug it back.
I have runnin AnyDVD with BD Live "on" (U have 2 turn it off on regular BD players),if U disable this option in AnyDVD,PowerDVD wont even start the movie propely.

Good luck 2 U and let me know if this help.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:32 PM   #3

Sep 2009

...properly..and properly again lol
Old 09-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #4

May 2009

Hello all
i to have the same Problem and i did try unplug the internet it did not work for me my the drive that i have is a lg ggc-h20l and i 2 m running powerdvd
Old 09-30-2009, 05:00 AM   #5

May 2009

Ok so i called LG and they said we have to wait for cyberlink power dvd to come out with updates could be weeks for them.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:58 AM   #6

Oct 2009
Default Wolverine mediasmart cyberlink problem fix

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/aacs/index.jsp

Use windows explorer, download active x, and then refresh the window. You will see the update link and it will have you uninstall and then reinstall hp media smart. Play the blu-ray wolverine and download the second update when prompted. It works!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software