Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Van Damme 5-Movie Action Pack (Blu-ray)
$45.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
King Stays King: Sold Out at Madison Square Garden (Blu-ray)
$18.23
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
My Darling Clementine (Blu-ray)
$25.75
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Sherlock: The Complete Seasons 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$136.29
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 11-05-2009, 07:11 AM   #1
Banned

Oct 2007
Michigan
Default HAMP New Start!!!!!!

********************* EDIT ***** AS OF NOV 8TH ********

THE BASTARDS DID IT AGAIN, I CAME HOME AND MY APARTMENT WAS BROKEN INTO AGAIN!!!

I TALKED WITH A RELATIVE AND HE IS GOING TO LET ME MOVE INTO HIS PLACE FOR A MOMENT. I AM GOING TO PUT MY THINGS INTO STORAGE UNTIL I FIND ME A PLACE.

NO MORE WASTING TIME LIKE I DID BEFORE.

Hey guys, I want to say to everyone who wrote something in my other Thread and also to the other who didn't know what to say.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND WORD'S AND SUPPORT!!!!

Some of you told me that they would visit that thread to see if any new updates, but I was really depressed from it and asked that it be deleted.

My biggest thing after that happen was to try and find another place. I have not as of yet.

I have been buying things since and placing them over different friends houses for security reason!

I have went back on promises to myself to not bring anything back into this apartment, but it has been killing me not having some type of entertainment and I have felt like I have been on some type of punishment since.

I ended up bringing a Samsung 40” LCD home and putting it in my bedroom to watch. I am using a HTiB and an unconverter for my DVD player. You have no idea how much I want to bring a PS3, but I know if I do, then next will be a better sound system and I know I cannot do that.

No picture’s yet and not until I do move and get somewhat setup. The thought of taking picture’s is terrible also, because they stole my camera. I know I can use my cell phone, when the time comes.

List of things so far I have or are on its way to one of my spots for storage until I move.

Got My Bedroom, but only using the LCD right now:

1. Samsung 40” --- 40LNB610
2. Denon 789 ---- got it for $100 less then before
3. The subwoofer I built

Plan to add later to bedroom
1. either a Quintet III set or Def Tech 600 I gotten the Quintet III's
2. Sony Blu-ray player, I think my girl got it already, but hasn’t told me. She got me the s350, exchanged for the S570
3. Klipsch F2's tower's, bought used.

My little home theater system
1. Monitor Audio 7.1 surround - Still at store and paid for, manager has called and ask when am I going to pick them up. I’m going to try and leave them there another week. It’s all to tempting to connect and listen to them.
a. RX2 – front L&R
b. RX Center
c. RS-FX --- I am getting last year model in order to save some money. Ended up getting the RXFX, they looked to nice
2. I found another Onkyo 805
3. Panasonic 65” Plasma S1 --- It’s on it’s way to my house, then I will take it somewhere else

Plan to add later when I move
1. PS3 ---- I got it!!!
2. Xbox360 Elite
3. SVS Sub PB13 ultra I changed my mind and gotten two SVS PB12's Plus
4. Possible amp’s

Wish list, would be:

1. Epson 8500UB – for home theater
2. Move the S1 into my bedroom
3. Put the Samsung in another room
4. I really should be putting the SVS sub on this list.

****** EDIT *******
I have notice a few people saying make sure I get renter insurance, I think I replied to one person telling them I have insurance now. I know not everyone is going to read every single post in my thread, but I do have insurance now.

I feel so dumb and lazy for not having it before, I am only paying a total of $20.19 a month.

Last edited by HAMP; 09-17-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:18 AM   #2

Dec 2008
NYC

I'm glad you're back on your feet, HT wise anyway. I know it'll be while 'till you're at 100% again, but you'll just have to be patient.
Good luck and hopefully you'll have better luck in the future.

Last edited by js666; 11-05-2009 at 07:26 AM.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:21 AM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Corpus Christi, TX

Congrats HAMP!!! I am very happy to hear this. I wish you could find another place soon, I know you are hurting for some better equipment. Just Hang in there bud. Good things come to good People!
Call Me Michael Or Mike
Bedroom HT
Front Stage: Polk Monitor 60 (x2) and Polk CS2 - Surrounds: Polk R150s (x2)(Thank You Todd!) - Sub(s) Acoustic Audio HD-SUB12 - Equipment: Pioneer Elite SC-25 - Monster HDP 2400 - Motorolla DVR Cable Box - PS3 80GB (Upgraded to 250GB)

Watch this Video. Guarenteed to laugh!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hs8r5-2BI4

Old 11-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
Folsom, CA

Way to go dude, spare no expense on the projector and sub!

Glad you're getting to enjoy some movies again. I look forward to the day you've got all the goodies in action!
Samsung LN46A650 - Onkyo TX-SR805
80GB PS3 - Elemental Designs A2-300
Polk Monitor 70's - Polk CS2 - Polk Monitor 40's

(PSN: tbizzle0) - my blu/PS3 trade thread

Old 11-05-2009, 07:43 AM   #5
Banned

Oct 2007
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by js666 View Post
I'm glad you're back on your feet, HT wise anyway. I know it'll be while 'till you're at 100% again, but you'll just have to be patient.
Good luck and hopefully you'll have better luck in the future.
Yes Yes Yes, time and being patient! This is something we all have to do at times in our life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDaWiz View Post
Congrats HAMP!!! I am very happy to hear this. I wish you could find another place soon, I know you are hurting for some better equipment. Just Hang in there bud. Good things come to good People!
It's tuff, as you can see I already went back on my word and setup a TV in the bedroom.
I actually lost control when I went over to a friends house and he had the new Tekken 6. I have loved that game since the first one and have been waiting for it since the launch PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbizzle View Post
Way to go dude, spare no expense on the projector and sub!

Glad you're getting to enjoy some movies again. I look forward to the day you've got all the goodies in action!
Humm, I think I can add that comment to the wish list "spare no expense on the projector and sub!", because that would be a fantastic wish to come true.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:43 AM   #6
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
Northeastern North Carolina

Congratulations HAMP.I am Extremely Thrilled that you have had a chance to start re-building your Equipment.

I do Like how you are doing it Slowly,and not "putting all your eggs in one basket" so to Speak;in keeping Everything at Your Place.

Did you get any some type of alarm system(a basic one you put on your door and when the connection is severed it sounds the siren.
They are inexpensive,very easy to install,and Very Effective.

Being in an Apartment,A Loud Siren from an illeagle entry in your Door(s) would garner a lot of attention.And if Nothing Else Should at least scare whomever is trying to enter,enough that they would leave as fast as Humanly Possible.

And also how about some Renter's Insurance just in case as well.
But I Am Really Excited you didn't let it get you out of the HT Game.

If I can help or do anything in any way just let me know ,HAMP.And,again CONGRATULATIONS!!!
-Todd-
VIDEO:LG 55 inch LED 3D TV(4600)/LG BP-620 3D BluRay Player
AUDIO:AVR:Pioneer VSX822K/Emotiva Mini-X(A-100) Amplifier
SPEAKERS:Front-(Synergy)Klipsch F-20/Center-Klipsch C-20/S.Surround-Klipsch S-10/R.Surround-Klipsch B-15/Sub-Klipsch KW-100
CABLES:Monster/Emotiva/Dayton/Monoprice
POWER:Furman M-8X Power Conditioner/Panamax Max6

Old 11-05-2009, 07:51 AM   #7
Banned

Oct 2007
Michigan

Hey talstarone,

I think I will check into the alarm on the door, I might feel a tad bit better having one of those.

Yes, I do have renter insurance now, it was part of the reason I did setup this TV.

No I havenít let it go, concerning the HT hobby. Since you mentioned it, something like this in my past and I would have let it all go.

I do admit I really love bluray with all the PQ and AQ.

Itís really ruff not having found something to make me happy with the move in yet.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #8

Jul 2009
Manila, Philippines

Thats just the way life is i guess... you stumble but the best ones stand and learn. Congratulations on your "startup" and also on getting a woman who approves of a PJ now that . I think no one would consider the gear he has purchased as a startup system.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:02 AM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
Columbus, OH

Hello Hamp,

Good to see you're beginning to put things back together. I certainly can't blame you for not bringing everything back. I know I would want to, so stay strong.

I recently had $160 taken from me, and even though it pales in comparison to what happened to you, it makes you sick. Some people.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:06 AM   #10
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMP View Post
Hey talstarone,

I think I will check into the alarm on the door, I might feel a tad bit better having one of those.

Yes, I do have renter insurance now, it was part of the reason I did setup this TV.

No I havenít let it go, concerning the HT hobby. Since you mentioned it, something like this in my past and I would have let it all go.

I do admit I really love bluray with all the PQ and AQ.

Itís really ruff not having found something to make me happy with the move in yet.
http://www.homesecuritystore.com/p-5...ith-chime.aspx

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...LAID=107593364

http://www.amazon.com/First-Alert-In.../dp/B00079XZEM

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Here you go HAMP.

Heres some links and some broader searches to help you locate something to give you a Better Sense of Security and Protection.

Especially with just starting Back.I know if I opened a door and a 110 db siren started sounding in an Apartment Complex I would be right back out of that door and with the quickness.
-Todd-
SPEAKERS:Front-(Synergy)Klipsch F-20/Center-Klipsch C-20/S.Surround-Klipsch S-10/R.Surround-Klipsch B-15/Sub-Klipsch KW-100

Old 11-05-2009, 08:08 AM   #11
Banned

Oct 2007
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilly019 View Post
Hello Hamp,

Good to see you're beginning to put things back together. I certainly can't blame you for not bringing everything back. I know I would want to, so stay strong.

I recently had $160 taken from me, and even though it pales in comparison to what happened to you, it makes you sick. Some people.
It all hurts the same, just the fact that you mentioned it, I understand.... THAT $#1T HURTS and just so depressing. I'm not comparing mine to anyone else, but I hate and always have hated when someone steals from another person.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #12
Banned

Oct 2007
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by talstarone View Post
http://www.homesecuritystore.com/p-5...ith-chime.aspx

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...LAID=107593364

http://www.amazon.com/First-Alert-In.../dp/B00079XZEM

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Here you go HAMP.

Heres some links and some broader searches to help you locate something to give you a Better Sense of Security and Protection.

Especially with just starting Back.I know if I opened a door and a 110 db siren started sounding in an Apartment Complex I would be right back out of that door and with the quickness.
Thank you sir!
I will look more into each of these tomorrow and more then likely order as well. I'm far to sleepy to make a judgement..... lol

Old 11-05-2009, 08:14 AM   #13
Special Member

Jul 2007
Tally

hamp just get some renters insurance, its cheap. like 15 bucks a month. do that till your lease is up so you can stop playing musical chairs with your new equipment

Old 11-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #14
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009

Quote:
Thank you sir!
I will look more into each of these tomorrow and more then likely order as well. I'm far to sleepy to make a judgement..... lol
Like I said,HAMP,My Friend.If there is Anything I Can Do to help you in Any Way do not Hesitate to Ask.

And I hope this New Start will Be a Pleasant and Exciting Experience.
I know the past may try to creep in,but just try to stay focused on the Fun of Searching and Auditioning new Components and Speakers.

Much less finally getting them hooked up and watching that first movie or 2.
-Todd-

Old 11-05-2009, 09:38 AM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
Columbus, OH

Quote:
It all hurts the same, just the fact that you mentioned it, I understand.... THAT $#1T HURTS and just so depressing. I'm not comparing mine to anyone else, but I hate and always have hated when someone steals from another person.
As do I. The worst part about it is they had a key to my room. Since I'm studying abroad, I'm staying in the dorms and there are a good number of people who have access to my room. I thought it would be safer in my room than in my wallet. It wasn't just laying around either, so whoever it was had to go through my stuff, makes me sick. Also, whoever it was only took 100 pounds (about $160), and left the other 150 pounds that was there. I guess they thought I wouldn't notice.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #16
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009

Quote:
As do I. The worst part about it is they had a key to my room. Since I'm studying abroad, I'm staying in the dorms and there are a good number of people who have access to my room. I thought it would be safer in my room than in my wallet. It wasn't just laying around either, so whoever it was had to go through my stuff, makes me sick. Also, whoever it was only took 100 pounds (about $160), and left the other 150 pounds that was there. I guess they thought I wouldn't notice.
I am Sincerely Sorry to Hear About this,my Friend.

There is NO Excuse for Anyone to take Something that wasn't theres.Or worse yet something that wasn't even offered to them.

Who knows if someone would have Said Could I Borrow a Few Dollars and I will Pay You back by So and so Date.At least they have a chance of getting the money Honestly.

I am Truly Sorry,Jwilly.I hope he is found and disciplinary and criminal consequences are layed upon whomever it was to the full extent they can be Punished.
-Todd-

Old 11-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #17
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Corpus Christi, TX

Quote:
Find out who it was and toss him off a pier with some cement shoes!
Call Me Michael Or Mike
Bedroom HT
Front Stage: Polk Monitor 60 (x2) and Polk CS2 - Surrounds: Polk R150s (x2)(Thank You Todd!) - Sub(s) Acoustic Audio HD-SUB12 - Equipment: Pioneer Elite SC-25 - Monster HDP 2400 - Motorolla DVR Cable Box - PS3 80GB (Upgraded to 250GB)

Watch this Video. Guarenteed to laugh!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hs8r5-2BI4

Old 11-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #18

Jan 2009
Positioning myself in front of the crease, getting slashed behind the knees by Billy Smith! :(

Congrats Hamp on getting back on your feet. Good to see you moving forward. I think you handled this situation as well as anyone could expect.

Jwilly.....that s*cks dude! If I ever found someone who took $$ from me, I would go midevil on their a$$!
VIDEO
Projector:Sanyo PLV-Z60
Screen:Elite 92" Manual
TV:Samsung 46A650
Blu-Ray Player:Oppo BDP-83
DVR:DirecTv HR34-700
AUDIO(6.2)
AVR:Pioneer Elite SC-05
Amps:3 Emotiva UPA-1's
Front Speakers:AV123 RSC-200 "Bigfoot" Center & Rocket Signature 850 Fronts
Surround Speakers:2 X Paradigm Titan v.2 Sides & 1 X Atom v.2 Back
Subs:2- SVS PC12-NSD's
OTHER
Remote:Harmony One
Transducer:
Buttkicker
Protection:Belkin PF-60

Old 11-05-2009, 10:22 AM   #19

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Good to here you are Getting things going on building the HT back up HAMP !

Congrats
on
the
New
Toys !

& the ones to come !!
Brent

A Projector and Sound System with a Blu-ray ~ Priceless.........

Old 11-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2008
'Western' N.Y. State (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")ô

Nice to see you back in the game, HAMP. I'm sure your "HT Version 2.0" will be even better than the original. Never give up!

Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries