Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Fringe: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$67.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Moebius (Blu-ray)
$17.97
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 07-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #21
Blu-ray Champion

May 2007

It should be even better. It's a pioneer Elite

Better DACs, better filtering, better build, better everything.

Whether or not it matters to you the price diff is up to you.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:35 PM   #22

Jul 2007
Default Does anyone got the Pioneer BDP-94HD?

Just when I was ready to order the BDP-94HD, I found a review online that made me think twice about this product, the lack of HDMI 1.3 among others, I know that Pioneer has excellent products but $999.00 I think is way to expensive, anyway ...if i can get some users reviews ( i know theres a lot of BR"Pros here) with your cons or pros it might help me to decide, open to any suggestions!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #23

Jun 2007
Columbia, SC
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender

I'm a big Pioneer Elite fan, but I'm going to wait another generation or two until the sort out all the HDMI 1.3, BD-J, Profile 1.1, etc. Hopefully by then they will also include SACD/DVD-A.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:09 PM   #24

Feb 2007
Default Got It

Yeah I just got it my only complaint is the loading time. Its a good minute or so before it turns on but other than that sound quality Vid Quality is all good
Old 07-20-2007, 05:42 PM   #25

Jul 2007
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeedawg21 View Post
Yeah I just got it my only complaint is the loading time. Its a good minute or so before it turns on but other than that sound quality Vid Quality is all good
The only bad thing I love to complaint about BDP-94HD is the lags of loading time (Off->On->Eject tray or even On->Off->On the player) beside just the price off course. The PQ and the SQ is a major improvement compared to their 1st gen. blu-ray player. Had Sony S300 before the BDP-94HD. Man! That player freeze left and right. Sometime it work beautifully...sometime its just freezed on you before or while you are in the middle of your movie.

PQ and the SQ is way smoother and cleaner than the S300 Sony. How's? I had the two players side by side
------------------------------
Pioneer Elite Pro-FHD1 Plasma
Pioneer Elite VSX-84TXSi A/V
Pioneer Elite BDP-94HD Blu-ray
Bose 3-2-1
MartinLogan Clarity 8"
All Monster cables
Sanus tilt wall mount (VMPL50B)

HT Enthusiastic
Ryann :cool:
Old 07-20-2007, 05:46 PM   #26

Jul 2007
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pionnerfan View Post
Just when I was ready to order the BDP-94HD, I found a review online that made me think twice about this product, the lack of HDMI 1.3 among others, I know that Pioneer has excellent products but $999.00 I think is way to expensive, anyway ...if i can get some users reviews ( i know theres a lot of BR"Pros here) with your cons or pros it might help me to decide, open to any suggestions!!!
I do my homework before I pick BDP-94HD. The PQ is outstanding- clean, clear, sharp and bright. Same goes for the SQ. If you can wait for the 1.3 HDMI 3rd gen Pioneer blu-ray player...it is worth it. If you need it now get the BDP-94HD.
------------------------------
Pioneer Elite Pro-FHD1 Plasma
Pioneer Elite VSX-84TXSi A/V
Pioneer Elite BDP-94HD Blu-ray
Bose 3-2-1
MartinLogan Clarity 8"
All Monster cables
Sanus tilt wall mount (VMPL50B)

HT Enthusiastic
Ryann :cool:
Old 08-06-2007, 08:10 PM   #27

Aug 2007
Question Pioneer Elite BDP-94HD; worth the investment?

i've been using my ps3 as my only blu-ray player but i'm thinking of buying the new pioneer elite bdp-94hd.does anyone already have this player and can they tell me if it's worth the extra money then buying the new sony. thanks
Old 08-06-2007, 08:15 PM   #28
Special Member

Mar 2006
Omaha, NE

The picture quality on the new Pioneer Elite is better than the picture quality from the new Sony player. However, the Pioneer Elite is only HDMI 1.2, which means if you have a receiver that is capable of 1.3, then you will be missing out on the DTS HD and Dolby True HD. But you would still be able to listen to the uncompressed audio which is at least as good. If you are just using an digital optical cable, then the audio will be no different.
Panasonic- TH50PZ700U, Denon AVR-3808 (Pre/Pro), B&K Reference 200.7 Amplifier, Denon DBP2010CI, Quad 22L Floorstanding, Quad L Centre, Quad 12L Bookshelf, HSU Research VTF3 Mk2 Subwoofer (all in Rosewood), All Audioquest interconnects
Old 08-06-2007, 08:23 PM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007
::1

I looked at the pioneer for my next upgrade because of some features that my BDP-S1 doesn't have. I'm going to wait until the 1.1 profile devices ship and become a stable before dropping the $1K+. I really like the new Denon offering that does the video decoding but offloads all audio to an external DSP. Pairing that with the new Sony with the six HDMIs 1.3, DTS-MA, TrueHD, etc, etc. and I'll be in heaven.

Also consider that prices will most likely drop for the holiday season and you currently have one of the best BD players on the market.

-CB
Old 08-07-2007, 12:48 AM   #30

Dec 2006
Chandler, AZ

The Pioneer decodes Dolby TrueHD, like all other Blu-Ray players it does not do DTS HD-MA. None of the current HDMI 1.3 players pass hi-res bitstream audio eitther. The Pioneer is generally regarded as having the best picture. I have the first gen version and a PS3 and I can in my eyes, say the Pioneer looks slightly better. It is a high end unit and all elites come with a 2 year warranty. I don't care about profile 1.1, so I'm more than happy with my investment.
LG 55LM-7600 3D LED TV
Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD Blu-Ray Player
Pioneer Elite VSX-51 Receiver
Sony PS3 60GB
Old 08-07-2007, 01:02 AM   #31
Power Member

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada
Send a message via MSN to jorg

i would stick to ps3 until profile 1.1 player come into play
Panasonic Plasma Panasonic TH-50PZ800U
Panasonic LCD TC-32LX85
Sony bravia KDL-46S5100
Bell 6131 HD receiver
80 gig PS3-Jailbroken
3®D®lCH
PSN: reiche3
Old 08-07-2007, 01:12 AM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007
::1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorg View Post
i would stick to ps3 until profile 1.1 player come into play
Sir Jorg states so well what I meant to convey. Even if you won't use or don't like the 1.1 players, more models and more manufacturers is usually means downward price pressure.

At a minimum, I'm going to wait for a player that I know will pass PCM 7.1, True-HD and DTS-HD to my DSP.

CB
Old 08-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #33
Banned

Jul 2007
Default maybe YES, maybe NO

I own both machines, although my pioneer is called in Australia the LX-70.

In essence, the pioneer is for those that want the best player on the market and you'll notice that ALL the reviews for the player have been wonderfull. The difference between the two is significant, but I suppose it may not be significant enough for some. The PS3 is o.k. and merely average but the LX70 is a great player and it displays the BEST pictures on the market. The better the quality of your TV the better and clearer the difference will be. Actually, if your TV is does not display a 1080p picture, then I'd recommend not buying the pioneer at all. Also the HDMI cable that that you use makes a big difference as well and especially so if you have a large display. If you're buying the best bluray player on the market, then I think you should also purchase a reference standard cable. What I mean is that the cable must have silver conductors, like the top nordost hdmi cable that I use. The pioneer deserves nothing less, because other wise you will not get the maximum results the pioneer is capable of. Now when you combine all these factors together, you'll be totally blown away by the results but you have to pay attention to your system as a whole and not just to the player alone.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #34

Aug 2007
Default Where to buy a Pioneer Blu-Ray player

Hi.
I live in Denmark Europe and go to los Angeles in a mouth.
Can you tell me where i can buy a Pioneer Blu- Ray player.
Wi stay in Norwalk.

Can you also tell me the price...

Thanks..
Old 08-08-2007, 05:07 PM   #35

Dec 2006
Chandler, AZ

Any Best Buy with a Magnolia Home Theater built-in will have the Pioneer players.
LG 55LM-7600 3D LED TV
Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD Blu-Ray Player
Pioneer Elite VSX-51 Receiver
Sony PS3 60GB
Old 08-08-2007, 05:17 PM   #36
Special Member

May 2007
Fort Myers, FL
Send a message via AIM to Footloose301 Send a message via Yahoo to Footloose301

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerto View Post
Hi.
I live in Denmark Europe and go to los Angeles in a mouth.
Can you tell me where i can buy a Pioneer Blu- Ray player.
Wi stay in Norwalk.

Can you also tell me the price...

Thanks..
If you're in LA next month then stop at a Best Buy. If not there are places on the internet like ebay.

Samsung 55" 3D LED 8000 Series
Samsung 3D Blu-Ray Player
Onkyo TX-SR805
AV123 MFW-15
Polk Audio T90e(Left & Right), Polk Audio CS10(Center)
Bedroom: Sony 46" XBR3 & Sony BDP-S350
Old 08-08-2007, 05:25 PM   #37

May 2007
Newberg, OR
Send a message via AIM to catterwall Send a message via Yahoo to catterwall

Well if you happen to make it up to the Portland, OR area, then you can visit me at Lewis Audio Video in Newberg. We carry the Pioneer Elite BDP-94HD and it sells for $1000 even.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:06 PM   #38

Aug 2007

Hi there.

Thank you for your answers.

I will Only stay in La.

Is the pris in Best Buy the same. Aboud 1000 $ ?

Gert
Old 08-10-2007, 05:25 PM   #39

Jul 2007
San Diego, CA
Send a message via AIM to Swordfish Send a message via Yahoo to Swordfish

Yes, the price is the same. However, you have to go to a Best Buy that specifically has Magnolia Home Theater inside. You can find a list <a href="javascriptopUpRawURL('http://www.magnoliaht.com/bbystorelocator','','5','1')</A>.

Enjoy!
Old 10-10-2007, 06:59 AM   #40

Jun 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Default Firmware Update for Pioneer BDP-94HD

Here is the link:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...tailsComponent

Enjoy! Looks like a lot of stuff to update!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders