COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Afflicted (Blu-ray)
$12.49
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Evilspeak (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Cat People (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Queen Margot (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Old 11-01-2010, 03:48 AM   #1
Amnalehu Amnalehu is offline
Member
 
Amnalehu's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
St. Louis, Mo
22
3
Default Sony HT-SF470

I just picked up Sony HT-SF470 and it sounds amazing! I initially bought this as a second system for my bedroom but I will be using it as my primary system in the family room now. The set looks nice also. Check it out:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921666166151
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
ShoeBangity16 ShoeBangity16 is offline
Active Member
 
ShoeBangity16's Avatar
 
Aug 2010
Minnesota
260
9
Default

Looks like a nice set. Congrats!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
benzgrl benzgrl is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
benzgrl's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
NYC
219
2
96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnalehu View Post
I just picked up Sony HT-SF470 and it sounds amazing! I initially bought this as a second system for my bedroom but I will be using it as my primary system in the family room now. The set looks nice also. Check it out:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921666166151
Hey - are still loving your system? Does it play HD Audio?
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U / Sony PS3 / Sony HT-SF470
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:58 AM   #4
Blodiak Blodiak is offline
Expert Member
 
Blodiak's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Le Canada
1042
66
62
6
Default

I will pick this up soon, how's the sound besides Blu-Rays ?? like connected with other devices...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #5
Amnalehu Amnalehu is offline
Member
 
Amnalehu's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
St. Louis, Mo
22
3
Default

Yes, I am still loving it. It is very easy to adjust the speakers via the auto cal. feature. Music, sports, and just regular tv sounds really nice as well. I ended up mounting the front and center speakers to the wall and not using the stands as they do take up a lot of floor space. I have really high ceilings in my condo but the system does an outstanding job of filling up the room. The system can deliver DTS-HD and Dolby True HD. If you can still find one under $350 I would pick it up.

Edit: I forgot to mention it does have pass through 3D capability if you own a 3D set. It's very nice having one HDMI cable running into my TV instead of 4 also!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #6
benzgrl benzgrl is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
benzgrl's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
NYC
219
2
96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnalehu View Post
Yes, I am still loving it. It is very easy to adjust the speakers via the auto cal. feature. Music, sports, and just regular tv sounds really nice as well. I ended up mounting the front and center speakers to the wall and not using the stands as they do take up a lot of floor space. I have really high ceilings in my condo but the system does an outstanding job of filling up the room. The system can deliver DTS-HD and Dolby True HD. If you can still find one under $350 I would pick it up.

Edit: I forgot to mention it does have pass through 3D capability if you own a 3D set. It's very nice having one HDMI cable running into my TV instead of 4 also!
Many thanks for your reply. Did you get it for $350?? If so, where?

Also, are you using the rears as wireless?
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U / Sony PS3 / Sony HT-SF470
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:31 AM   #7
Amnalehu Amnalehu is offline
Member
 
Amnalehu's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
St. Louis, Mo
22
3
Default

I actually got it for less than $350; $318 delivered. I am not using s-air wireless feature. I just added a bit of speaker wire to the one that came with it and ran it cleanly around the baseboard like a telephone wire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:34 AM   #8
Amnalehu Amnalehu is offline
Member
 
Amnalehu's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
St. Louis, Mo
22
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzgrl View Post
Many thanks for your reply. Did you get it for $350?? If so, where?

Also, are you using the rears as wireless?
The prices seem to be going up as the holidays approach. This is the cheapest I could find it now:

http://www.thenerds.net/SONY.Sony_HT...m.HTSF470.html

I have ordered from them before. really fast delivery. if you order it tomorrow you will have it by
Wed, or Thursday.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #9
benzgrl benzgrl is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
benzgrl's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
NYC
219
2
96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnalehu View Post
The prices seem to be going up as the holidays approach. This is the cheapest I could find it now:

http://www.thenerds.net/SONY.Sony_HT...m.HTSF470.html

I have ordered from them before. really fast delivery. if you order it tomorrow you will have it by
Wed, or Thursday.
Wow - never heard of this site, it's cheaper than anywhere else I've found.

Can you post any pics of your setup?
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U / Sony PS3 / Sony HT-SF470
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:21 AM   #10
Amnalehu Amnalehu is offline
Member
 
Amnalehu's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
St. Louis, Mo
22
3
Default

will do. I have to look for my cam. Did you end up getting it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #11
benzgrl benzgrl is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
benzgrl's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
NYC
219
2
96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnalehu View Post
Yes, I am still loving it. It is very easy to adjust the speakers via the auto cal. feature. Music, sports, and just regular tv sounds really nice as well. I ended up mounting the front and center speakers to the wall and not using the stands as they do take up a lot of floor space. I have really high ceilings in my condo but the system does an outstanding job of filling up the room. The system can deliver DTS-HD and Dolby True HD. If you can still find one under $350 I would pick it up.
Hey Amnalehu -you mentioned the stands took up a lot of floor space, I can't seem to find the measurements of the stands as far as the base. Do you know? Or could you measure? Thanks.
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U / Sony PS3 / Sony HT-SF470
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:55 AM   #12
indianajdp indianajdp is offline
Member
 
Nov 2007
Central Hoosierland
74
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzgrl View Post
Hey Amnalehu -you mentioned the stands took up a lot of floor space, I can't seem to find the measurements of the stands as far as the base. Do you know? Or could you measure? Thanks.
Just received mine today. Looks like the diameter of the base stand is 12 inches at most.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:24 AM   #13
benzgrl benzgrl is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
benzgrl's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
NYC
219
2
96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianajdp View Post
Just received mine today. Looks like the diameter of the base stand is 12 inches at most.
Many thanks. That's kinda big base stand.

Where did you order from? Noticed it dropped on AMZ (not Prime tho), but still bringing it under $400 w/ shipping.

Please post back your thoughts on it.
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U / Sony PS3 / Sony HT-SF470
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:24 PM   #14
indianajdp indianajdp is offline
Member
 
Nov 2007
Central Hoosierland
74
7
Default

Got mine thru PCRush on eBay. $379, but I used Bill Me Later option and got about $25 in eBay bucks for the purchase, plus a $10 credit back on my Bill Me Later invoice. Free shipping as well. I don't see any current listings that low with Free Shipping on eBay now, so plug the model name into PriceGrabber and see what deals are out there. Shouls be something attractive after tomorrow I'd imagine.

Just finished the set-up this AM and so far am very happy with the upgrade over our older system. I love the fact that I can go wireless on the rear speakers eventually as well.

Edit: Forgot to mention that from "Buy it now" button to arrival via Fed-Ex was THREE days!

Last edited by indianajdp; 12-24-2010 at 09:28 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #15
Blodiak Blodiak is offline
Expert Member
 
Blodiak's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Le Canada
1042
66
62
6
Default

I'm buying this set this week.
It's 350$ at Futureshop so it's a great deal IMO...
Do you guys know how long are the wires for rear speakers ???
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:19 PM   #16
indianajdp indianajdp is offline
Member
 
Nov 2007
Central Hoosierland
74
7
Default

Pretty long.

I have mine extended about 25 feet and I could probably go at least another 10.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:56 AM   #17
Blodiak Blodiak is offline
Expert Member
 
Blodiak's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Le Canada
1042
66
62
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianajdp View Post
Pretty long.

I have mine extended about 25 feet and I could probably go at least another 10.
sweet I guess I won't have to buy extras then...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:47 PM   #18
benzgrl benzgrl is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
benzgrl's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
NYC
219
2
96
Default

Well, I finally pulled the trigger on this, the package arrived today at my doorstep! Can't wait to get home!
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U / Sony PS3 / Sony HT-SF470
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:58 AM   #19
indianajdp indianajdp is offline
Member
 
Nov 2007
Central Hoosierland
74
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzgrl View Post
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on this, the package arrived today at my doorstep! Can't wait to get home!
And .... ??

Enjoying the new set-up?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #20
benzgrl benzgrl is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
benzgrl's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
NYC
219
2
96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianajdp View Post
And .... ??

Enjoying the new set-up?
Yeah!! Love it! I just haven't had time to play around w/ the settings. I did the auto calibration, but I feel like the rears need to be louder. By the way, I got it at Buy.com for $349 free shipping, my first time w/ Buy.com, I settled for the ground shipping which was suppose to take 7 - 9 days, but it came in just 2 days! I was very impressed.

As Amnalehu mentioned, the stands are quite large, but at the same time no worries about them tipping over or anything. I might think about hanging them too, but I'm waiting for my new TV stand that I just bought to come and see how everything looks put together. Aesthetically it's beautiful and the size is perfect for my little place.

Hey Amnalehu - what wall mounts did you use?? Show us some pics!

I have to say the one thing I wished I was able to do was attach my laptop to the receiver so I can listen to my mp3s. I've streamed music from my laptop to the Ps3 and can listen that way which was so awesome sounding, but that means I have to leave my TV on and don't want to do that.

Well, it's time for me to upgrade my laptop soon anyway w/ HDMI connectivity - which should work, right?
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U / Sony PS3 / Sony HT-SF470
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater General Discussion > HTiB (all-in-one systems)


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:20 PM.