Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Madden NFL 10 (PS3)
$11.10
Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3)
$13.93
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$8.00
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$13.99
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS3)
$19.99
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.07
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #8421
JENKS JENKS is offline
Power Member
 
JENKS's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
NorCal PSN:Jenkskillnya
407
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muathusanjose View Post
I just bronzed the IA license and got the truck, took me almost 3 hours to pass the last IA test. Thanks for offering me the gift .
Your welcome!
TV - Panasonic TC-P65V10 & Harmony 1 Remote
Receiver - Denon 3808CI, Ipod dock - Denon ASD11R
Mains - DefTech BP7002's
Center - DefTech CLR 2500
Surrounds -DefTech BP7002's
Subwoofer - DefTech Trinity
Power Conditioner - Monster Power HTS3600
BluRay - PS4, DirecTV - HDDVR HR24D500
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #8422
Rblu-Dblu Rblu-Dblu is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Rblu-Dblu's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Trapped on the Death Star
482
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikonEnt View Post
So. IC3. I must have tried that last night for well over an hour and the closest I could get to gold was just under 2 tenths off, and that was only the one time. After giving my G25 a few 'I'm going to kill you' looks I decided to turn it off, at which point GT5 completely froze on the silver GT logo screen! Any tips on how to do this one? I've tried all sorts, manual/automatic, assists on/off and no combination works
That test was one of the hardest ones for me. You definitely want to get down on the inside corner of the second turn because it helps you turn and get out of there quicker. I must've done this test 300 times before I got gold.
"You might not be able to fight like a samurai, but you can at least die like a samurai." O-Ren Ishii

PSN: Emperor_Keyser
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:55 PM   #8423
kjacobs03 kjacobs03 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
kjacobs03's Avatar
 
May 2007
Columbus, OH
64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikonEnt View Post
So. IC3. I must have tried that last night for well over an hour and the closest I could get to gold was just under 2 tenths off, and that was only the one time. After giving my G25 a few 'I'm going to kill you' looks I decided to turn it off, at which point GT5 completely froze on the silver GT logo screen! Any tips on how to do this one? I've tried all sorts, manual/automatic, assists on/off and no combination works
Assist wise, what finally worked for me was leaving everything on default. Seems backwards but it worked. Also used a wheel with manual trans.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
Klipsch RF-52's and Klipsch Quintet III
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
PSN: Kjacobs03
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #8424
Dexter Morgan Dexter Morgan is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Dexter Morgan's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
CT Shoreline
87
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacobs03 View Post
Maybe we can work out some kind of trading triangle or square. Person A sends to B, B sends to C, C back to A, and we could throw a D it there too.
I'm game
PSN: SSRuns

My F/S thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:02 AM   #8425
Trace17 Trace17 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Trace17's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Oklahoma
1330
136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
Have you seen that other car? The Nismo '95 LM GT-R road going version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
Also I am 99.9999992% sure I have that road going version you need. Actually I think I have two. I will check and make sure when i get home in about 8 or 9 hours and make sure its not scheduled to trade and its yours. Ill let you know.
Just checked, I do have two Nismo GT-R LM Road Going Version '95. So consider one yours if you still need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
I am down for trading whenever. Just let me know when and I will send the car. Does anyone else want to do some trading? Im on a mission to get all of the cars, but kinda struggling to find consistent trading partners.
I'd be down as a consistent trader, definitely willing to help people out on here. To be fair though, I haven't been playing GT5 as much since I hit a road block with the 24hr B-specs and the lack of patience to do a-spec enduros. I refuse to do the 24-hr b-specs for two reasons: 1) I'm paranoid and know with my phat ps3 something will go wrong with it running that long. I just know it. 2) When I got back home today, the power was out. Lovely! Thank god I didn't do a B-spec 24 hr, I seriously considered starting it when I left yesterday. For some reason our neighborhood is extremely prone to outages, on average once a month. It's pathetic.

Anyway, if anyone is looking for cars just let me know or pm me or whatever. I don't think some of you are on my friends list so send an add over. I deleted a few more accounts today, should be under 90 now.

Off the top of my head, I know I have doubles of Chaparral 2D, Alfa 155, Shelby GT350, BPFalken RX-7, Motor Sport Elise. A few others too.
YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.

My 1000th Blu-ray: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

PSN: DwightSchrute12
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:50 AM   #8426
muathusanjose muathusanjose is offline
Active Member
 
May 2008
Default

I just started to play the B-spec beginner race 1, but my driver having problem to win races. What I have to do ?
I tuned the honda civic type R FF to max with about 370 HP, and his opponent car has only around 220 HP.
I don't get it, I command him to do everything , just can't win the gold, best was silver
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:58 AM   #8427
OG Pooh OG Pooh is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
1
132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muathusanjose View Post
I just started to play the B-spec beginner race 1, but my driver having problem to win races. What I have to do ?
I tuned the honda civic type R FF to max with about 370 HP, and his opponent car has only around 220 HP.
I don't get it, I command him to do everything , just can't win the gold, best was silver
The B-Spec driver "BOB" is basically an nervous idiot. More than anything, keep him calm. He'll drive much better with his bar slightly in the blue. If it goes too far into the blue, he'll drive so casually, you'd think he was heading to church on a Sunday morning. Too far into the red, and he'll be all over the road, especially at lower levels. The higher his level, the harder you can push him.

Last edited by OG Pooh; 01-30-2011 at 02:00 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:02 AM   #8428
muathusanjose muathusanjose is offline
Active Member
 
May 2008
Default

so how do I get the bar into blue ?? it usually go into red
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:10 AM   #8429
OG Pooh OG Pooh is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
1
132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muathusanjose View Post
so how do I get the bar into blue ?? it usually go into red
Tell Bob to slow the pace down. At lower levels, this can be difficult if he's running in a pack of cars. Later on, it won't bother him too much. The best way to win races early on is to have a really superior car. Then, as Bob pregresses, he can get by running more equally with everyone else. Run The Sunday Cup races a few times with a better car to get Bob up a few levels, then go from there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:42 AM   #8430
muathusanjose muathusanjose is offline
Active Member
 
May 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Pooh View Post
Tell Bob to slow the pace down. At lower levels, this can be difficult if he's running in a pack of cars. Later on, it won't bother him too much. The best way to win races early on is to have a really superior car. Then, as Bob pregresses, he can get by running more equally with everyone else. Run The Sunday Cup races a few times with a better car to get Bob up a few levels, then go from there.
Ok , thanks, yeah he won the sunday cup no problem because of the good car , but the race after that is only FF car.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #8431
AikonEnt AikonEnt is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
AikonEnt's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Crawley, UK
234
Default

Right, I now have 55 golds in the licenses and am left with IC3, IC10, IB3, IB10 and IA10. I'm finding it really hard to believe that I will get those last 5, which is really annoying Tried IA10 earlier and managed to get into 2nd fairly easily (which included a fair amount of barging which I'm surprised I got away with ) but the Enzo was way out in front I just didn't have the time to catch it.
PS4, PS3, PS2, PSVita & PSP - PSN id : aikonent

Latest BD - Deadpool / Latest Game - Paladins
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #8432
Jafo Jafo is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jafo's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
Default

Ok, why can't we see the last sector time in the live timing screen in B-Spec races with more than 6 sectors? Bob just finished the 24 hours on The Ring and I was checking the timing & scoring screen and the last sector is not shown. It also isn't shown on the Le Mans either.

Also, the 24 hour Ring race gives out over 3 mil in xp, why? You're already at level 40 and can't go any higher.

Though I already had a McLaren MP4-12C '10, another won't hurt. Oh, and the level 24 car ticket was awesome, an all red FGT with 0 miles.
PSN= Jafo_
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #8433
kjacobs03 kjacobs03 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
kjacobs03's Avatar
 
May 2007
Columbus, OH
64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
Ok, why can't we see the last sector time in the live timing screen in B-Spec races with more than 6 sectors? Bob just finished the 24 hours on The Ring and I was checking the timing & scoring screen and the last sector is not shown. It also isn't shown on the Le Mans either.

Also, the 24 hour Ring race gives out over 3 mil in xp, why? You're already at level 40 and can't go any higher.

Though I already had a McLaren MP4-12C '10, another won't hurt. Oh, and the level 24 car ticket was awesome, an all red FGT with 0 miles.
It doesn't show the last sector for any track that has more than 3 sectors. It's a stupid glitch that should have been fixed a long time ago. Is the Formula GT the only Lv 24 car?
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
Klipsch RF-52's and Klipsch Quintet III
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
PSN: Kjacobs03
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:32 PM   #8434
CIAFlux CIAFlux is offline
Senior Member
 
Oct 2010
Ohio
39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikonEnt View Post
Right, I now have 55 golds in the licenses and am left with IC3, IC10, IB3, IB10 and IA10. I'm finding it really hard to believe that I will get those last 5, which is really annoying Tried IA10 earlier and managed to get into 2nd fairly easily (which included a fair amount of barging which I'm surprised I got away with ) but the Enzo was way out in front I just didn't have the time to catch it.
Here are some IC10 things I noticed when I got gold.

Do Not touch the Countaches at the start of the race it will be an instant DQ. Also pass them both on the right hand side. This is probably the hardest part of the license test.

Going into the first turn of the double apex right hand turn you should be on the tail of the of the yellow Vette and passing him on the right side. Dont hit him either or youll be looking at a DQ.

Hold the outside line on the left hand turn out of the double apex right and you should be able to pass a few cars.

Late break into the hard right hand turn. If you did everything right in the previous turns you will be in 3rd place. You might have to do some blocking on the Mirua.

Now drive as fast as you can to catch up to 2nd place and in the double apex right hand turn you should be passing him.

And again on the hard right hand turn late break and take first.

After that its all simple and dont wreck.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #8435
Jafo Jafo is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jafo's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muathusanjose View Post
Ok , thanks, yeah he won the sunday cup no problem because of the good car , but the race after that is only FF car.
Don't worry about using the pace down button, if you go to the live timing screen, you'll see that sometimes it will actually make for better times, even if Bob's meathead meeter is all the way down into the blue.

I've tried this numerous times trying to get Bob to do 1 more lap on the fuel load, but it never worked. He always went faster in each sector by quite a bit.
PSN= Jafo_
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:35 PM   #8436
CIAFlux CIAFlux is offline
Senior Member
 
Oct 2010
Ohio
39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
Also, the 24 hour Ring race gives out over 3 mil in xp, why? You're already at level 40 and can't go any higher.
Well your B-Spec drivers gain the xp for the race so they will use it. If its A-Spec then PD is just mocking everyone
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:35 PM   #8437
Jafo Jafo is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jafo's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacobs03 View Post
It doesn't show the last sector for any track that has more than 3 sectors. It's a stupid glitch that should have been fixed a long time ago. Is the Formula GT the only Lv 24 car?
hmm, not sure, I'll have to check...

Looks like the 2 Ferrari F1 cars are also level 24 and the only thing higher is the X2010 at 30.
PSN= Jafo_

Last edited by Jafo; 01-30-2011 at 05:39 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #8438
kjacobs03 kjacobs03 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
kjacobs03's Avatar
 
May 2007
Columbus, OH
64
Default

Anyone up for a trade today?
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
Klipsch RF-52's and Klipsch Quintet III
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
PSN: Kjacobs03
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:26 PM   #8439
kjacobs03 kjacobs03 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
kjacobs03's Avatar
 
May 2007
Columbus, OH
64
Default

Slick, I sent you the Pescarolo C60 Hybrid '05. Hope you still needed it. You can owe me the Jag XJR-9
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
Klipsch RF-52's and Klipsch Quintet III
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
PSN: Kjacobs03

Last edited by kjacobs03; 01-30-2011 at 08:00 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:55 PM   #8440
Grim Reaper Grim Reaper is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Grim Reaper's Avatar
 
Jun 2006
Find Me!
1319
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacobs03 View Post
Anyone up for a trade today?
what do you wanna trade?

http://www.mygranturismo.net/1810
Uplay: JasonVoorhees98 Steam: JasonVoorhees987
Origin: JasonVoorhees987 XBL: CMaggotbone
Social Club: GrimReaper4383 PSN: GrimReaper4383
Nintendo Friend Code: SW-5607-0124-5713
My PSN Profile Destiny "Public Events"
My Blu-Ray Collection My Destiny Profiles Battleborn Shift Codes
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The Evolution of Gran Turismo PS3 Nousemercenary 0 08-26-2009 12:41 AM
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Updated PS3 Grim Reaper 7 10-04-2008 01:38 PM
My Gran Turismo 5 trailer PS3 Toxa 4 02-26-2008 02:07 PM
Gran Turismo HD PS3 Blu-ray San 61 01-08-2007 06:23 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:50 PM.