COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Fantasista Doll: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.25
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Heaven's Lost Property Forte: Anime Classics Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Justified: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.24
The Party (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Great Gatsby (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Old 01-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #1

Jan 2010
Default Sony BDV E370

i got a 50" HDTV last year and have been wanting to get a nice surround sound system for it, and i got this one yesterday since it was on sale for $100 less then it usually is. i didnt even plan on buying it, it was more of an impulse buy. now im trying to figure out everything about so i can get the most out of it. does anyone here have this system? and how do you get the surround sound to work for an xbox 360? also, what do you have to buy to get the wireless internet through the reiciever? we have a netflix account already but i want to see if i can get it through my TV, but what connection or device do you need to get internet through it? also, how do i know im getting the right sound from the speakers? i tried to calibratiion mic but i want to make sure. also is there a way to get a speaker to hang from the corner of a wall with a nail?

oh yes, for anyone who has this, is it just me or is the DVD picture quality upscaling seem better on the bluray player that comes with this set? i had a bluray player that upscaled but it seems to me that this one does a better job at upconverting to near HD.

Last edited by Cobra33; 01-01-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #2

Apr 2010

I've got it, had it since November and really enjoy it. A word of warning though, don't upgrade to the .752 firmware - I did, and have experienced issues since then, with colour banding and DLNA perfomance.

If you want surround from the Xbox, you ideally need an optical cable to get the best sound out of it.

If you want wireless connectivity, you need this dongle: http://www.homecinemabuyer.co.uk/ess...s-lan-adapter/

Only this dongle will allow wireless internet activity. Personally I hook mine up with a standard ethernet cable as I use things like BBC iPlayer etc.

The back of the speakers do have a slot that will let you hang the speakers from the wall.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater General Discussion > HTiB (all-in-one systems)