Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Road to Bali $13.02 (4 hours left)
Soon: Gator ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
The Last of Us (PS3)
$17.36
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.29
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$8.00
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PS3)
$19.99
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (PS3)
$32.01
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.06
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 03-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #9521
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Today's race room is up. Races start in about an hour. Pro Street Tuners (Mine's, Nismo, ANG, M, etc). If it says anything about the car racing in a series (D1, GT300, etc), its not allowed. 570PP limit.
24 laps of the 24 hour Sarthe Circuit, car and paint prizes.

Room number is 1472-6118-3658-4761-4445
Old 03-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #9522
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007

For all of my remote racing friends, first, thanks for the pile of credits and if you are wondering how I'm doing so many remote races. Wonder no more. Go here http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=185890 Yup, I'm running the automated remote race grinder. It still has a few hiccups, but overall it works like a champ.

Oh, and sorry SoCal, by Bob, pushed your 3rd place Bob off the track at pit in, on Le Mans... I think he finished 14th
PSN= Jafo_
Old 03-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #9523
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
Oh, and sorry SoCal, by Bob, pushed your 3rd place Bob off the track at pit in, on Le Mans... I think he finished 14th
Haha no problem. I just finished grinding A-spec this morning so now my PS3 is free to grind B-spec during the week.
Platinum/100%
Dead Space 2 | Dead Space | Resident Evil 5 | Fallout: New Vegas | Fallout 3 + GOTY DLC | God Of War III
COD: Modern Warfare 2 | COD: World at War | 007 Quantum of Solace | Terminator Salvation
Bioshock | Bioshock 2 | Uncharted 2 | Infamous | Mercenaries 2
PJ Monsters | Savage Moon
PSN: SoCalTiger / FunSocalTiger ||| Steam: SoCalTiger
Old 03-14-2011, 12:28 AM   #9524
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Guess how much a 2010 Zonda R is really worth, vs the in game price? One sold at auction last October.
[Show spoiler]$1,287,820

http://www.whatonemillionbuys.com/20...old-for-806400

Old 03-14-2011, 05:33 AM   #9525
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Don't forget that this coming Sat. is the 12 hours of Sebring. 20 cars are coming over from the International Le Mans Cup to race in this season opening American Le Mans Race. You want to see the Peugeot 908 in action? Here is your chance. Audi though has moved on to the R15 from the ones in the game. There is going to be almost 60 cars in several classes. Qualifying on Friday along with the entire race that starts Saturday morning will be on ESPN3.com and I am sure you can find a website on the net where someone will be supplying that feed if you can't get it. On Sunday, ABC will have a short show with the highlights.

http://sebringraceway.com/pdfs/2011-ENTRY-List.pdf

Corvette will be in a battle with Ford (2 GTs being raced by a team), Ferrari, BMW, Aston Martin, Jag, Porsche and even Lamborghini (A Gallardo 560-4) in the 2 GT classes.

R15

My weekly races will be GT and Le Mans cars on Sat.. Stay tuned.

And although there isn't one for this year, here is a spotter's guide that is downloadable for last year's teams. http://www.spotterguides.com/

Last edited by slick1ru2; 03-14-2011 at 05:51 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:49 AM   #9526
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
Don't forget that this coming Sat. is the 12 hours of Sebring. 20 cars are coming over from the International Le Mans Cup to race in this season opening American Le Mans Race. You want to see the Peugeot 908 in action? Here is your chance. Audi though has moved on to the R15 from the ones in the game. There is going to be almost 60 cars in several classes. Qualifying on Friday along with the entire race that starts Saturday morning will be on ESPN3.com and I am sure you can find a website on the net where someone will be supplying that feed if you can't get it. On Sunday, ABC will have a short show with the highlights.

http://sebringraceway.com/pdfs/2011-ENTRY-List.pdf

Corvette will be in a battle with Ford (2 GTs being raced by a team), Ferrari, BMW, Aston Martin, Jag, Porsche and even Lamborghini (A Gallardo 560-4) in the 2 GT classes.

R15

My weekly races will be GT and Le Mans cars on Sat.. Stay tuned.

And although there isn't one for this year, here is a spotter's guide that is downloadable for last year's teams. http://www.spotterguides.com/
Yes please.

Highlights smilights. If I'm free I'll try and catch the live stream on espn3.com. I didn't know they were providing a stream, so thanks for bringing that to my attention.

And, if you don't mind, you might want to bring it back to my attention Friday hehe...I'm a forgetful person.

I forgot that Audi wasn't running the R18 in Sebring, only tested it there a month or so back along with the R15 (which I also saw referred to as the R15++ but the entry is officially under R15+...ha, whatever). I can't wait to see the R18 v. the 908 later this year though.

Here's a pic of the R18 and R15 at Sebring testing and a pic of the R10, R15 and R18:

[Show spoiler]
YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.

My 1000th Blu-ray: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

PSN: DwightSchrute12
Old 03-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #9527
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

So I was adding the body rigidity to some of my race cars and I noticed something horrible happened. It dropped the PP. Not a little, like by 100 points! WTF! It has to be a glitch. Sure some weight is added, but not THAT much and you are making the body more rigid so it handles better. Anyway, DON'T add the body strengthening bars to race cars. I haven't checked how it effects PP for street cars yet.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #9528
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Actually, I am not sure what is going on with the PP. I am sorting my list by PP. And each time the cars are in different order. And a car is up high, like at 731, that wasn't there before I was looking at the details of another car, I click on it and the PP are lower then what they are when in list form. Its screwy. I wonder if this has something to do with the cars changing into different models. When I said that the rigidity bars made the PP lower, I would install them and they would drop down on the list 100 points. Now I don't know if the number for the PP in the list was the same when you clicked on the car's tuning though. Something weird is going on, and I'm too tired to figure it out, lol. But check it out. Sort your inventory by PP, check some car descriptions or put some parts on it and check the list again. Especially the Standard car list.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #9529
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Actually, I am not sure what is going on with the PP. I am sorting my list by PP. And each time the cars are in different order. And a car is up high, like at 731, that wasn't there before I was looking at the details of another car, I click on it and the PP are lower then what they are when in list form. Its screwy. I wonder if this has something to do with the cars changing into different models. When I said that the rigidity bars made the PP lower, I would install them and they would drop down on the list 100 points. Now I don't know if the number for the PP in the list was the same when you clicked on the car's tuning though. Something weird is going on, and I'm too tired to figure it out, lol. But check it out. Sort your inventory by PP, check some car descriptions or put some parts on it and check the list again. Especially the Standard car list.
I've noticed the PP numbers are different depending on where you look at it too. But I think it is b/c certain screens don't take tuning into account.

I have not noticed a PP drop by adding the bars though. That's a little concerning to think about since I add those bars to pretty much EVERY vehicle. I can't imagine how this would create an actual performance decrease of any significance IRL other than possibly losing contact with the road easier on an uneven surface
Platinum/100%
Dead Space 2 | Dead Space | Resident Evil 5 | Fallout: New Vegas | Fallout 3 + GOTY DLC | God Of War III
COD: Modern Warfare 2 | COD: World at War | 007 Quantum of Solace | Terminator Salvation
Old 03-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #9530
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008
Birmingham, AL

Finally did the B-Spec 1000 KM of Suzuka yesterday afternoon, though I had no idea it was gonna take 5 1/2 hours to do it with the X2010 I thought my old 60GB was going to explode before it was over. 400K+ Xp but only around 115K credits

BTW I hate that Sebring isn't really going to be televised this year. I've got the DVR set to record the whopping 1.5 hours that's going to be on TV but I'm going to miss sitting down and watching a lot of it on Speed.
PSN: DaveS78

Last edited by Dave_6; 03-14-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:41 PM   #9531
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Crawley, UK

Quote:
Guess how much a 2010 Zonda R is really worth, vs the in game price? One sold at auction last October.
[Show spoiler]$1,287,820

http://www.whatonemillionbuys.com/20...old-for-806400

Wish the ingame one sounded like the real thing. Watched it again last night on a repeat of Top Gear, Clarkson had to use a headset because it was so loud in the cockpit
PS4, PS3, PS2, PSVita & PSP - PSN id : aikonent

Latest BD - Deadpool / Latest Game - Paladins
Old 03-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #9532

Oct 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_6 View Post
BTW I hate that Sebring isn't really going to be televised this year. I've got the DVR set to record the whopping 1.5 hours that's going to be on TV but I'm going to miss sitting down and watching a lot of it on Speed.
Yea same here. No idea what ALMS was thinking when they switched to ESPN for their race coverage. I have a feeling the rest of the races will be butchered since they are tape delayed and they probably don't have anyone worth while to call a race.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #9533
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Finally did the B-Spec 1000 KM of Suzuka yesterday afternoon, though I had no idea it was gonna take 5 1/2 hours to do it with the X2010 I thought my old 60GB was going to explode before it was over. 400K+ Xp but only around 115K credits
Yeah the credit payout per minute for the endurance races is so totally totally lame. Who wants to run for 5+ hours and only get 115k credits. You get 70k per run on the level 21 Indy track and that takes 4 minutes.
Platinum/100%
Old 03-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #9534
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:

Is it just me, or should Speed just change their name to "Buncha Nascar stuff"? I was shocked at how little coverage they had of the Daytona 24hrs, especially with it being out of season for Nascar. I think there was about 4, maybe 6 hours coverage (I could be wrong, but that's all I remember seeing). I don't expect full 24hrs, but I was hoping for at least 8 or 12.

I just wish there was a legit channel that aired a little big of everything - enduros, LM, DTM, F1, GP2, Nascar, etc. - instead of, essentially, the Barret Jackson Nascar channel. It's just repeats of Barrett Jackson auctions and Narcar races. They'll replay Nascar race from say Bristol 2009 four times before they replay anything else.

Actually, do they do any GP2 or DTM stuff? I think I've seen one of the latter in the past 4 or 5 months. I'm pretty sure last year they did show full 24hrs of LeMans, hopefully it is that way this year.

Edit: Also, I didn't consider them not having rights for stuff either. So if that's the case then I guess I understand, to an extent. It just feels like there is hardly any variety at all anymore.

Sorry for the rant.
YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.

My 1000th Blu-ray: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

PSN: DwightSchrute12
Old 03-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #9535
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
Is it just me, or should Speed just change their name to "Buncha Nascar stuff"? I was shocked at how little coverage they had of the Daytona 24hrs, especially with it being out of season for Nascar. I think there was about 4, maybe 6 hours coverage (I could be wrong, but that's all I remember seeing). I don't expect full 24hrs, but I was hoping for at least 8 or 12.

I just wish there was a legit channel that aired a little big of everything - enduros, LM, DTM, F1, GP2, Nascar, etc. - instead of, essentially, the Barret Jackson Nascar channel. It's just repeats of Barrett Jackson auctions and Narcar races. They'll replay Nascar race from say Bristol 2009 four times before they replay anything else.

Actually, do they do any GP2 or DTM stuff? I think I've seen one of the latter in the past 4 or 5 months. I'm pretty sure last year they did show full 24hrs of LeMans, hopefully it is that way this year.

Edit: Also, I didn't consider them not having rights for stuff either. So if that's the case then I guess I understand, to an extent. It just feels like there is hardly any variety at all anymore.

Sorry for the rant.
Sadly, you are correct. The days of Speedvision, showing DTM, WTCC, SCCA, old Can-Am races, ect., are long gone since Fax Sports, er um, Fox bought them. Now it's either Nascar, reality crap, or reality Nascar crapola.

I actually watched the entire flag to flag stream of the Laguna Seca ALMS race on radio Le Mans, last year, and it was by far, much better than any coverage Speed did or could have done. So I'm hoping ESPN3.com does it like that... and that it works with the PS3 browser.
PSN= Jafo_
Old 03-14-2011, 11:12 PM   #9536
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
5.5hrs for do the race in the X1? I spent a lot of time in the sand and finished in 4hr15min.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
Klipsch RF-52's and Klipsch Quintet III
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
PSN: Kjacobs03
Old 03-14-2011, 11:19 PM   #9537

Oct 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post

Sorry for the rant.
I think they did at least 14hrs of the 24hr of Dayton. The only time I have seen GP2 races is during F1 season, can't recall ever seeing replays of the races. And the other sports car races are basically race highlights put in a 1hr block which I cant stand so I never watch it. I believe they do full races of MotoGP but I think for the most part they are tape delayed.

Unfortunately NASCAR is the 800lb gorilla in racing so they will get the majority of air time and Fox is going to want to get their moneys worth.

It would be nice if they got rid of those horrible reality shows though and replace them with full races of foreign sports car races (minus full course yellow for time saving).

I don't have high hopes for ESPN3 coverage. ABC/ESPN don't have anybody that can call races, but maybe their hired some new people to do that.

I didn't watch the steaming Laguna Seca race but I never had an issue with the ALMS races on Speed, they were always better to listen to then the Grand Am races though.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:40 PM   #9538
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008
Birmingham, AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacobs03 View Post
5.5hrs for do the race in the X1? I spent a lot of time in the sand and finished in 4hr15min.
Well it was pouring down the whole race.
PSN: DaveS78
Old 03-15-2011, 12:01 AM   #9539
Power Member

Aug 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Well it was pouring down the whole race.
Yeah, same thing happened to me with the Formula Gran Turismo a while ago. What shoulda been a roughly 5 hour race ended up being a 7.5 hour monstrosity due to the infernal rain. I do like the fact that if you have your pit strategy set up in B-Spec that they automatically switch out your tires that would be appropriate to the weather should the weather change. I had nightmares about my Bobs going all over the place should the weather change mid-race while I was off doing something else
Old 03-15-2011, 12:54 AM   #9540
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

I am so pissed right now that my NSX Prototype LM Race car is now gone from my garage. AHHHHHHHHHHHGHHHHH. I know I had that car. I even found the GT Planet thread where I traded for it back in January. This is a real issue with this game. You will all find out someday, unfortunately. And I see no official word on it yet or mention in any of the news websites. Its only happened to standard cars unfortunately. . They don't disappear, they change into another model. You will find yourself with 2 cars and you know you didn't buy the extra one. This car is on the trade ban list too. I had all the standard cars, now I need this one. Man, I am all kinda pissed at PD and this issue. Plus I wanted to use it this coming weekend.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3