COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Pain & Gain (Blu-ray)
$10.18
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
My Fair Lady (Blu-ray)
$27.99
George Gently, Series 1 (Blu-ray)
$20.99
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$20.13
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
Power Member

Aug 2009
California
Default Onkyo HT-S3400

I'm kind of embarassed to admit it, but I have yet to invest in a surround sound system, mainly due to where I live. I've recently decided "screw it", and now I'm looking into getting one.

I've been shopping around and the Onkyo HT-S3400 seems a decent choice. It's going in a very small room, so I'm not looking for anything to bring down the walls. It's also in my price range.

Sadly, I have little to no experience with surround sound systems, especially dealing with Blu-ray and high def audio.

A couple noob questions:

1.) I own a Sony BDP-S350. I'm aware it doesn't decode DTS-MA internally, but will I get the same sound quality in the receiver (which has the decoder) if I bitstreamed it, or should I look into getting a new player to get the most out of the audio?

2.) I've looked at pictures and read through the manual, but I can't figure out how I would connect a device using component cables for both video and audio. I see the two connections for the component video, but where do you put the audio, if anywhere. My cable box as well as my Wii use component cables. How would I go about using them with the receiver?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load o' divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington

Current Setups:
- Epson 8350, 145" display on wall with Behr Silver Screen, Onkyo HT-S3400 HTiB, Samsung BD player
- Vizio 65" M-Series w/ 3D, Vizio 5.1 soundbar, PS3 Slim, PS4, Wii U, XBox360
PSN ID: ozz_soad NN ID: ozzsoad

Last edited by ozzsoad; 05-03-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater General Discussion > HTiB (all-in-one systems)