Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$70.20
Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack / Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (Blu-ray)
$13.59
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL
Default Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides October 18 - Reviews up

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 3D Blu-ray

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 3D Blu-ray Review

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Blu-ray

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Blu-ray Review

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 3D Blu-ray 6-disc Best Buy exclusive

Pirates of the Caribbean Blu-ray 15-Disc Collection

Here's some info on the forthcoming release, courtesy of a survey I was taking online, complete with cover art and partial features list!

some of the features to be included:
Bloopers of the Caribbean
Legends of Stranger Tides: Behind the scenes of casting and production
Disney Second Screen - simultaneously explore exclusive interactive content with your iPad or computer as you watch the movie
Under the Scene - Mermaids: Find out what it takes to be a mermaid
LEGO shorts: Captain Jack’s Brick Tales
Audio Commentary by Director Rob Marshall

And look! A box set of all four movies in a pretty little chest:

...also of note, they mentioned the single-disc DVD-only version may be released 4 weeks after these other versions. Disney's done this before with catalog releases like Snow White, but I'm not aware of them doing this with major new releases before.
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)

Last edited by Deciazulado; 10-31-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008

Do like the original releases of the first 3 films: A 2-Disc Blu-ray release only, one disc for the film, another disc for the extras. And that's 2D Blu-ray
Old 06-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #3

May 2011
Tempe, AZ
Send a message via Skype™ to Faint

Why can they never do a Blu/DVD/Digital Copy version when they come out on 3D? Like Tron Legacy, I wanted the digital copy but not the 3D blu-ray, so I ended up getting the blu/dvd combo pack with no digital copy :/ (I like having a DC...)

However, IDK if I liked enough to buy it, I'd hate to own 1 and 4 but those are the only 2 good films in the series IMO.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
Power Member

Mar 2009
Monrovia, CA

I've been really disappointed with Disney later extras wise. Tge lag three Pirates films had all of their extras spanning two blu-rays. This film, Tron: Legacy and Tangled all had extremely few extras. I feel like I went through them all within an hour, whereas I remember spending entire days with disney's Pizarro releases and their exceptional extras.

Most of these extras don't sound that enticing, and while Disney markets them as 5 disc versions... It's just 5 versions of the same film with forty minutes of extras on one of the discs.

Although, maybe there's a lot of features on Second Screen. I know Disney has basically abandoned BD live except for their catalog titles like Fantasia, which is disappointing because that basically means no new features
Old 06-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
Trading Moderator

Sep 2008
Оранге Цоунти, Ца

This is great. The slipcover matches the other three Pirates slipcovers. And I really like that Ultimate Chest Set.
MMMMM!! I love the smell of brand new slipcovers!!!

Trade Forum

Collectibles and Limited Editions
Old 06-05-2011, 08:53 AM   #6
Power Member

Mar 2009
Monrovia, CA

It's interesting to see that Disney plans to make their 3D films Linited Edition. I wonder what that means for the future.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #7
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
Why can they never do a Blu/DVD/Digital Copy version when they come out on 3D? Like Tron Legacy, I wanted the digital copy but not the 3D blu-ray, so I ended up getting the blu/dvd combo pack with no digital copy :/ (I like having a DC...)

However, IDK if I liked enough to buy it, I'd hate to own 1 and 4 but those are the only 2 good films in the series IMO.
You could sell the 3D disc pretty easily for $10+ in the trade forum here or on eBay and pay for most of your set.
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #8

May 2011
Tempe, AZ
Send a message via Skype™ to Faint

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
You could sell the 3D disc pretty easily for $10+ in the trade forum here or on eBay and pay for most of your set.
I know but then when I open the case, I'll be missing a disc. I'm that anal about things.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #9
Trading Moderator

Sep 2008
Оранге Цоунти, Ца

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenostalgia23 View Post
It's interesting to see that Disney plans to make their 3D films Linited Edition. I wonder what that means for the future.
Which other 3D Disney film was a limited edition??
MMMMM!! I love the smell of brand new slipcovers!!!

Trade Forum

Collectibles and Limited Editions
Old 06-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #10
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

Quote:
I know but then when I open the case, I'll be missing a disc. I'm that anal about things.
Buy an empty 4-disc case and move them

Old 06-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Watsonville, California

Quote:
I'd buy that 3D disc from you since you care more about the most idiotic type of disc known to home media, Digital Copy. Why are you even buying Blu-ray when you care more about this format? You could stop wasting your time and buy it from an online source instead of buying Blu-rays.

I wish there were a release which only featured the 3D Blu-ray and the regular Blu-ray, no DVD or Digital Copy nonsense.
My DVD Collection (Keeping it separate.)
Importer supporter. & Multi-Region Capable!
The Other Stuff +132 BD's
Film grain and original cinematic audio advocate. Anti-DNR/EE. To hell with DVD, UV & Digital Copy combos. Gimme Blu-ray disc ONLY!
Old 06-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #12
Power Member

Jan 2010

as the release date is not given in this thread, blu-ray.com actually
already has it listed for september 20th:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Pirate...Blu-ray/24212/
Old 06-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #13
Power Member

Jan 2010

the info mentions special packaging; please disney marketing guys, keep it bluray sized! not a dvd sized narnia type of deal!
hopefully the 3d version will go the usual route and feature a cool lenticular
sleeve
Old 06-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #14

Jun 2009
NJ

I'll wait for word on a steel - hopefully they won't leave people with the 1st 3 SBs hanging.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip74 View Post
the info mentions special packaging; please disney marketing guys, keep it bluray sized! not a dvd sized narnia type of deal!
hopefully the 3d version will go the usual route and feature a cool lenticular
sleeve
It will be blu sized the reason they included the special packaging deal was the clear case for the 3d release, the dvd sized case for the dvd+blu ray release, and the regular blu case for the bd+dvd release.
Various: "Can you kill it?" "I believe something can." "A monster?" "No...a god."

Godzilla Asia Trailer (2014)
Old 06-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Baltimore, MD

PLEASE let that chest of Davey Jones come with a working lock and key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlost1 View Post
It will be blu sized the reason they included the special packaging deal was the clear case for the 3d release, the dvd sized case for the dvd+blu ray release, and the regular blu case for the bd+dvd release.
Disney doesn't use clear cases for 3D movies, or not yet at least.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles where there are no lakes. The Oilers moved to Tennessee were there is no oil. The Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music. The Oakland Raiders moved to L.A. and then back to Oakland; no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice. Continued expansion diluted the talent pool, forcing owners to recruit heavily from prisons, mental institutions, and Texas."
Old 06-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #17
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashamed Pegasus View Post
PLEASE let that chest of Davey Jones come with a working lock and key.

Disney doesn't use clear cases for 3D movies, or not yet at least.
I didn't realize that sorry. Honestly the only 3d titles I have seen have come in clear cases. Either way it is just referring to the fact that the dvd+blu combo pack will be in a dvd sized case.
Various: "Can you kill it?" "I believe something can." "A monster?" "No...a god."

Godzilla Asia Trailer (2014)
Old 06-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #18
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Rogers View Post
I'd buy that 3D disc from you since you care more about the most idiotic type of disc known to home media, Digital Copy. Why are you even buying Blu-ray when you care more about this format? You could stop wasting your time and buy it from an online source instead of buying Blu-rays.
I don't think that guy (or anyone) prefers digital copy as their format of choice. It's an extra copy for people who also want to take their movies on the go on tablets, ipods, etc. Personally, I have no use for it, and wish there were versions available without it as well, but I don't fault anyone else for wanting them.

By the way, later in the survey they were asking if I thought they should include the digital copy as a disc or a downloadable "e-copy" (making the set just 4-disc + download). So it might not even include the "most idiotic type of disc known to home media"
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip74 View Post
as the release date is not given in this thread, blu-ray.com actually
already has it listed for september 20th:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Pirate...Blu-ray/24212/
Thanks for the info - I hadn't seen an official announcement and didn't want to put it in the thread title until it was set.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #19
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlost1 View Post
This is correct. Disney does this with all their combo releases. The one that is listed first is the size of case it comes in. You can even tell by the pictures in the OP. The "DVD + Blu-Ray" cover art is skinnier because it's a taller case.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #20
Special Member

Oct 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farid View Post
Do like the original releases of the first 3 films: A 2-Disc Blu-ray release only, one disc for the film, another disc for the extras. And that's 2D Blu-ray
Exactly the same for me...

So, If we want all the special features, we must buy the one with the Blu-ray 3D, the DVD and the Digital Disc???! All I want is the movie on Blu-ray...

I hate Combo pack... They just have to make Digital Copy alone if peoples wants them... And for DVDs, I stopped buying DVDs to gets into Blu-ray, and again, I'm still having them even if I don't want too! What a waste!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America