Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Gershwins' Porgy & Bess (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 07-25-2011, 12:01 AM   #1

Oct 2010
New York
Default Panasonic DMP-BDT310 Vs. Panasonic DMP-BDT210?

What are the differences between the Panasonic DMP-BDT210 and Panasonic DMP-BDT310? Thank you.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:12 AM   #2
Expert Member

Sep 2007
Tampa Bay, FL

If I'm not mistaken the BDT310 has a second hdmi output. So if you don't have a 3d capable receiver you could run audio out from one of the outputs for sound and another straight to the tv for video playback.
--------------------------------------------------
TV: Samsung UN55D6420
Content: Sony Playstation 3 160GB/360/Wii|Fios QIP-7232-2|Panasonic BDT110
AMP: Denon AVR891
Speakers: Klipsch VF-35|VC-25 Center|VS 14 Surrounds|VB 15 Surround Back
LFE: AA HD-SUB12|Martin Logan Abyss|Aura PRO Bass Shaker

Control: Harmony One Remote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #3

Nov 2008
Akron, Ohio

Mainly, 110 wired, 210 WiFi, 310 WiFi, dual HDMIs. Same PQ. Also Touch Free Sensor on the 210 and 310. The 310 is there to support ppl with older AVR that can't pass through HDMI 1.4 3D signals. So, if you have an AVR that only supports HDMI 1.3 and you have a 3D TV, you will need 310. With 210, you will be limited either only 2D viewing or no hi-def audio. If you already have a HDMI 1.4 AVR, 310 is not needed. I have had the 110 for a month or so and it's a very, very good player. Loads fast and the PQ (connected to 42ST30 1080p panny plasma) is great, especially impressed with dvd upscaling. Really, really nice. I'm assuming this would be consistent on the other two models.
EQUIPMENT:Panasonic TH-65PZ850U plasma
OPPO BDP-103 blu-ray player-OPPO DV-983H dvd player-Pioneer CLD-99 laser disc player-Onkyo PR-SC5507P-Preamplifier-200x3 Acurus amplifier-150x2 Acurus amplifier-Emotiva UPA-2 amplifier-2 Mythos 4 (l/r)-1 Mythos 8 (c)-2 Mythos BPX (sides)-2 NHT Super Zero (rears)-Hsu VTF-2 MK3 subwoofer-Sony SDP-EP9ES digital surround processor-Xbox 360 Elite-Roku 3 streaming player-DVDO Edge, Darbeevision Darblet

Last edited by ewsjr; 07-25-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #4

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewsjr View Post
Mainly, 110 wired, 210 WiFi, 310 WiFi, dual HDMIs. Same PQ. Also Touch Free Sensor on the 210 and 310. The 310 is there to support ppl with older AVR that can't pass through HDMI 1.4 3D signals. So, if you have an AVR that only supports HDMI 1.3 and you have a 3D TV, you will need 310. With 210, you will be limited either only 2D viewing or no hi-def audio. If you already have a HDMI 1.4 AVR, 310 is not needed. I have had the 110 for a month or so and it's a very, very good player. Loads fast and the PQ (connected to 42ST30 1080p panny plasma) is great, especially impressed with dvd upscaling. Really, really nice. I'm assuming this would be consistent on the other two models.
The 310 has some additional audio features such as vacume tube amp sound effects and some feature that renders 2d video to a 3d video effect. Does the 210 offer these features. Also is the remote as small and cheap as what I have read. I am interested in either the 210 or 310 but do not care about 3D at all. The vacume tube amp effects might be neat.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AND NEVER SURRENDER
Old 07-26-2011, 12:05 AM   #5

Nov 2008
Akron, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
The 310 has some additional audio features such as vacume tube amp sound effects and some feature that renders 2d video to a 3d video effect. Does the 210 offer these features. Also is the remote as small and cheap as what I have read. I am interested in either the 210 or 310 but do not care about 3D at all. The vacume tube amp effects might be neat.
All have high clarity audio. The 210/310 only add tube effects. According to a Panasonic thread, that's the only audio difference. The remote for the 110 is fine and easy to use.
OPPO BDP-103 blu-ray player-OPPO DV-983H dvd player-Pioneer CLD-99 laser disc player-Onkyo PR-SC5507P-Preamplifier-200x3 Acurus amplifier-150x2 Acurus amplifier-Emotiva UPA-2 amplifier-2 Mythos 4 (l/r)-1 Mythos 8 (c)-2 Mythos BPX (sides)-2 NHT Super Zero (rears)-Hsu VTF-2 MK3 subwoofer-Sony SDP-EP9ES digital surround processor-Xbox 360 Elite-Roku 3 streaming player-DVDO Edge, Darbeevision Darblet
Old 07-27-2011, 05:45 AM   #6

Oct 2010
New York

Has the Netflix issue with this player been fixed?
Old 07-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #7

Nov 2008
Akron, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-ray1 View Post
Has the Netflix issue with this player been fixed?
A new firmware was just put out for the players (loaded mine last night) but from the early reports I've read from users they are still experiencing blank flashes when watching Netflix. I can't say if this has happened to me with the 110 since I use a Roku.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #8

Jul 2011
California

Has anyone own an BDT310 here ? reviews ? thanks
Mike's 3D HT

There is only one success - to be able to spend our own life in your own way.
Christopher Morley
Old 08-24-2011, 11:48 AM   #9

Sep 2009
Default Bdt210

I got my BDT210 last night which replaced my Sony s470, and like the CNET review was impressed with the user interface, and the setup. Being able to finally get 5.1 audio from Netflix was a big plus with only a few Netflix glitches of the audio loading a few seconds after the movie began to stream, but then no issues from Netflix.

Blu-Ray movies load quick with no issues.

Still have lot of features to play with over this weekend. Thus far very impressed over my Sony s470.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:08 PM   #10

Jan 2012
Sweden

Hi guys, awesome forum. Just read a bit on here and there's just so much information.

However, I've got a question that I'd like to get help with. I'm buying a new tv, the Panasonic VT30 to be specific. I'm also going to buy a new blu-ray. I'd prefer to buy the Panasonic DMP-BDT210 or the Panasonic DMP-BDT310 since it's the same brand and I think that it would be much smoother this way.

I also have a surround system, a crappy one (simulated, cheap) but it's still a surround system. The brand on my SS is Samsung and it's connected to a DvD player. I use Aux IN Red, White, Yellow to connect to my Xbox 360. This means that I have an HDMI Out (I think, really hard to see what it says) and an Digital Audio in (optic) free of use. I also have Component Out free, Red, Blue Green.

My question is really about how I can connect my surround sound to my movie viewing experience while keeping it connected to my 360. And also if I'm good with the Pana DMP 210 which only has one HDMI (310 has 2).

I'm ordering the TV right now after posting this, I just don't know what BR to buy and what cables I need for the surround sound for movies.

I hope what I just wrote is readable and understandable. If not, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm deeply grateful for all the help I can get on this enormous life crisis of mine

I'm from Sweden so if there's any grammatical errors or stuff doesn't make sense, tell me! Thanks / Fredrik
Old 01-31-2012, 06:14 PM   #11

Jan 2012

I know this doesn't address your question, but I wanted to let you know I just bought a Panasonic TC-P65VT30. You won't regret it! Best Plasma money can buy!!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:30 AM   #12

Jan 2012
Sweden

Measly bump, really could use some help.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizyo View Post
Measly bump, really could use some help.

Thanks
I think it comes down to your receiver/surround sound unit. What kind do you have?
Does it do any of the HD audio like DTS-HD or Dolby True HD?
If not I would have the player connected directly into the tv using Hdmi and use the optical connection from the player into your receiver. You will only get up to Dolby Digital and DTS with using that connection. If your tv doesn't have Hdmi I would go with component connection to the tv that will give you 1080i but no 720p or 1080p.
I'm receiving my 210 tomorrow, but i'll be running it through a 3D AVR/Audio Video Receiver using Hdmi.
If you want once I receive the 210 and hook it up I'll let you know what I think.
PSN ID: swimfreak1
Old 02-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #14

Jan 2012
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blufan View Post
I think it comes down to your receiver/surround sound unit. What kind do you have?
Does it do any of the HD audio like DTS-HD or Dolby True HD?
If not I would have the player connected directly into the tv using Hdmi and use the optical connection from the player into your receiver. You will only get up to Dolby Digital and DTS with using that connection. If your tv doesn't have Hdmi I would go with component connection to the tv that will give you 1080i but no 720p or 1080p.
I'm receiving my 210 tomorrow, but i'll be running it through a 3D AVR/Audio Video Receiver using Hdmi.
If you want once I receive the 210 and hook it up I'll let you know what I think.

Cheers for the response. My surround sound unit is basically a Samsung dvd. It's a really, really cheap set that I bought last year for the sake of having a decent sound source. I'm almost 100% sure it doesn't have and HD sound whatsoever.

If what you say would work, then the 210 is the one I buy. The only reason I'm debating the 210 vs 310 is the 2 Hdmi ports. I know nothing about connecting stuff, but I figured hdmi from the samsung surround sound unit -->blu-ray and then one hdmi--> tv.

I think I have 4 ports on my Pana VT30 which I'll receive next week so Hdmi openings is not a problem

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #15

Jan 2012
Sweden

Called support and they told me to go via Optical (Toslink) so that's what I'll do. Hopefully it'll work without any issues!

Ordered the Pana 210. So next week I'll receive my VT30 + BMT210 hopefully.

**** me, I wont step outside that weekend. Got Avatar Extended Edition(no 3d, will order free), Saw 3d, Sanctum 3d and the Star Wars blu-ray 6 disc edition fuarkk!

+ a few games to try out in 3d as well, Crysis 2 and AC: Revelations to name a few. Sry for off topic but damn I'm excited!
Old 02-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
Bainbridge Island, WA

Yes. HDMI from player to TV for video and optical from player to sound system for audio. Set the digital audio outputs on the 210 to bitstream for both DTS and Dolby Digital sources.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizyo View Post
Cheers for the response. My surround sound unit is basically a Samsung dvd. It's a really, really cheap set that I bought last year for the sake of having a decent sound source. I'm almost 100% sure it doesn't have and HD sound whatsoever.

If what you say would work, then the 210 is the one I buy. The only reason I'm debating the 210 vs 310 is the 2 Hdmi ports. I know nothing about connecting stuff, but I figured hdmi from the samsung surround sound unit -->blu-ray and then one hdmi--> tv.

I think I have 4 ports on my Pana VT30 which I'll receive next week so Hdmi openings is not a problem

Thanks!
Since you have 3D now you must pick up Transformers 3 in 3D, watched some of it last night and it was great 3D.
Jump over to the 3D movie threads and you'll get a idea about what are some good 3D movies and one's you should stay away from and not spend the money.
Congrats on the new tv and BD player and enjoy.
I should be getting my 210 anytime today.
Also for games Uncharted 3 is good but I think one that will blow you away is Super Stardust HD which in my opinion is one of the best if not best 3D game on the market.
Here's a trailer from youtube unfortunately the trailer doesn't do it justice but it will give you a idea of the type of game it is.
Plus it's cheap on the PSN
Crysis 2 is good in 3D I enjoyed the game, story wise it passes and a few AI enemy issues with them just standing around while you are shooting there buddies right next to them had me laughing, but the gameplay makes up for any of it's shortcomings.

Last edited by 1blufan; 02-01-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #18

Jan 2012
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blufan View Post
Plus it's cheap on the PSN
Crysis 2 is good in 3D I enjoyed the game, story wise it passes and a few AI enemy issues with them just standing around while you are shooting there buddies right next to them had me laughing, but the gameplay makes up for any of it's shortcomings.
To bad I've got an Xbox 360 then

Yeah I've completet Crysis 2 already, long time ago. It's going to be interesting to see what 3D can bring to gaming though! Thanks for the tips as well. Saw Transformers 3 at the cinema here in Sweden but their 3D tech is absolute crap! IMAX seems to be amazing for some reason. They use some special glasses or something? Active->Passive that's for sure.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:55 AM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
California

Got my 210 hooked up and watched Transformers 3 in 3D and it's a great player. I'm sure you will be happy with it.
In all honesty I think it out performs the PS3 with it's Blu-ray 3D playback. Sure I've only watched 1 movie on it so far and I really need to sit down and compare the two to make a better judgement, but at the moment I'm very impressed.
Had no problems setting it up, it was simple and fast. The firmware update took only a few minutes and Netflix worked great, no hitches as commented in earlier posts.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #20

Jan 2012
Sweden

Sounds promising

4 3D movies ordered yesterday as well!

A Turtle's Tale: Sammy's Adventures
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls Of Ga'Hoole
Despicable Me
Journey To The Centre Of The Earth

got Saw 3d and Sanctum 3d as well at home. Should be sick, never watched 3D at home.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders