Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Planet of the Vampires (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Old School (Blu-ray)
$5.20
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > IronPack

Old 11-01-2011, 09:54 PM   #461
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazintrini View Post
The one from Future Shop is 5 discs
LK has 4 discs.

The POTC and Cars 2 have 5 discs, they both include the extras disc not included in the standard amaray Blu-ray combo. Disney shafting the non-3D buyer.

Last edited by tsgee; 11-01-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:15 PM   #462
Banned

May 2011

Anybody else surprised that Cars 2 is 5 disks? I thought that it was supposed to be 3.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:36 AM   #463
Banned

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-vie View Post
Same here! I am just excited for the box as well. Was the movie any good?
Gotta admit, these metal boxes are now my favorite. Before these MB's, I had no preference between SB's or IP's, but IMHO, these metal boxes are the best of the lot. Everyone is embossed, and the inside and outside artwork is amazing. It was also very wise of the manufacture to include the unique plastic lining located where the 2 sides meet. This is where paint chips usually occur because of metal hitting metal.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:13 AM   #464
Expert Member

Oct 2008
Calgary, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
Gotta admit, these metal boxes are now my favorite. Before these MB's, I had no preference between SB's or IP's, but IMHO, these metal boxes are the best of the lot. Everyone is embossed, and the inside and outside artwork is amazing. It was also very wise of the manufacture to include the unique plastic lining located where the 2 sides meet. This is where paint chips usually occur because of metal hitting metal.
I've been saying that on my last 2 videos. The fit and finish is amazing except for the poor quality control on the Incredibles. I love the plastic on the opening side. Fingernails can scratch paint off easily. Glad Disney found this company. it`ll never be a SteelBook, but at least it`s well put together.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #465
Banned

May 2011

Quote:
I've been saying that on my last 2 videos. The fit and finish is amazing except for the poor quality control on the Incredibles. I love the plastic on the opening side. Fingernails can scratch paint off easily. Glad Disney found this company. it`ll never be a SteelBook, but at least it`s well put together.
As I said before, I think its better than a steelbook. Its got a few features that are just better. For instance, on the inside, it has an extra plastic bar to better align any inserts. On the 5 disc releases, its got a spindle on both sides, and not just 1 side like the steelbook. Its a great mystery to me why an SB only has spindle on 1 side, and not both. Perhaps its due to the fact that no non Canadian release (to my knowledge) has ever exceeded 3 disks. These MB's also has 2 large clips to properly hold the digital copy + any inserts. These clips are a hit & miss with SB's. If you look at the old Disney SB's like Snow White & Sleeping Beauty, they don't have these clips. Every time you open these up, the inserts go flying out. I also prefer the look of the inside spine of the MB's over the SB's. Its got a metal "hinged" look to it, as opposed to the SB's "creased" look. Not to mention that in the long run, there will be less knicks and scratches, due to the proper placement of plastic in key areas, as you've mentioned.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #466
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Canada
-

I also like the Metal Boxes. I quite possibly prefer them over SteelBooks. SteelBook is an old design. It's about time someone improved on it, IMO.

I was aware of the BAMBI quality control issues, but what are the quality control issues with THE INCREDIBLES?

Competition is good. I just would like to see Disney stick with one format for two years in a row for conformity purposes.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #467

Jul 2009
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg View Post
I was aware of the BAMBI quality control issues, but what are the quality control issues with THE INCREDIBLES?
A LOT of copies have black tiny spot of paint missing.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #468
Expert Member

Oct 2008
Calgary, Canada

Quote:

Dents lots of them, and hard to spot too!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #469
Special Member

Jul 2008
Ottawa, Canada Blu-Ray Steelbooks™: 200+

Quote:
Dents lots of them, and hard to spot too!
I haven't had issues with dents in any of them, most of the problems are paint scratches, but no dents.
Samsung LNT4681
Onkyo 606
Playstation 3 160 GB Slim Version

My Selling/Buying/Trading Thread
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=59467
Old 11-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #470

Jul 2009
Montreal, QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum18 View Post
I checked my copy but could find any paint missing spot. Is this spot located in a specific area of the steel?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #471
Banned

May 2011

Quote:
I also like the Metal Boxes. I quite possibly prefer them over SteelBooks. SteelBook is an old design. It's about time someone improved on it, IMO.

Competition is good. I just would like to see Disney stick with one format for two years in a row for conformity purposes.
I'm not afraid of saying that MB's are better than SB's. I call it as it is, straight down the middle. I'm not one of those guys who thinks that SB's are the best there is, the best there was, and the best there will ever be. I like to see things evolve. As for all the complaints about dents and scratches. I think its because some of these guys are late commers. The people that got there early already sorted through the lot, picking out the best ones. I never had any trouble with quality issues, not on those ones that I've opened anyways.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #472
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Canada
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum18 View Post
I inspected about 20 of them and didn't notice any missing spots of paint. What does it look like?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #473
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Canada
-

Quote:
I'm not afraid of saying that MB's are better than SB's. I call it as it is, straight down the middle. I'm not one of those guys who thinks that SB's are the best there is, the best there was, and the best there will ever be. I like to see things evolve. As for all the complaints about dents and scratches. I think its because some of these guys are late commers. The people that got there early already sorted through the lot, picking out the best ones. I never had any trouble with quality issues, not on those ones that I've opened anyways.
Check your BAMBIs for print alignment.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #474
Banned

May 2011

Quote:
Check your BAMBIs for print alignment.
Had a good look at all my copies last night. Don't see anything out of line. Am I suppose to see a great defect? Are the problems suppose to effect every copy?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #475
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Canada
-

Quote:
Had a good look at all my copies last night. Don't see anything out of line. Am I suppose to see a great defect? Are the problems suppose to effect every copy?
About a third of the copies I saw in-store had the print out of alignment with the embossing.

Check the front cover where it says "Diamond Edition" to make sure that the raised parts are white. Some of them are pretty horrible when it messes up.

After you check that, check the four corners as well. It is less obvious with graphics (pictures) than with text.

Still, when it is bad, it can be pretty bad. I returned about 5 copies to the store because of this.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #476
Banned

May 2011

Quote:
About a third of the copies I saw in-store had the print out of alignment with the embossing.

Check the front cover where it says "Diamond Edition" to make sure that the raised parts are white. Some of them are pretty horrible when it messes up.

After you check that, check the four corners as well. It is less obvious with graphics (pictures) than with text.

Still, when it is bad, it can be pretty bad. I returned about 5 copies to the store because of this.
Nope, just double checked. Alignments are in place, nothing wrong with the fonts. I guess I'm just lucky. But then again, I do go extremely early, and usually get first dibs. I check each one very thoroughly to make sure that I get a perfect one. Now, thats not to say that all my sealed copies are mint. From what I can see, they are all mint. But underneath the back cover?, sorry, no x-ray vision.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:00 AM   #477

Sep 2011

So have we all but given up on seeing ALICE IN WONDERLAND, TANGLED, FANTASIA, FOX & THE HOUND and DUMBO released on steelies or these new viva metalboxes?

The next big release I think are CINDERELLA and FINDING NEMO. If those blus don't get the metal treatment...
Old 12-27-2011, 05:09 PM   #478
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007

Lady and the tramp?
Old 02-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #479

May 2011
Astoria

LATT will be getting a metal treatment as per the FutureShop forums. I believe August was stated as the release date.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #480
Special Member

Oct 2009
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Crossman View Post
LATT will be getting a metal treatment as per the FutureShop forums. I believe August was stated as the release date.
You are correct, and the rest of the list is here http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=193732
-: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR :-
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > IronPack