Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$66.91
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 11-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #1

May 2009
Default How to rip audio from video file?

(I don't know if this is in the right section..)

So, for all you computer savvys out there. I have this concert movie on my computer and I would like to rip the audio a segment it in tracks. Is there any software that would allow me to do that?
Old 11-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011
Denmark

Depends on what kind of video container it is. If it's avi typically encoded in xvid it should be very easy. use virtualdub. If it asks you too do something with the audio wenn you load the video file just click no.

(Video not in english but follow the video and you should be fine.)

For hd compressed material like mkv files and such tsmuxer is easy just add the video file, click demux and hit the 'start muxing' button. Then both the video and audio will get demuxed and get placed in the same dir as the source film is in.

but if you need too cut out some of the video for only a part of the audio you can do this before you extract the audio track but that's a little bit harder. For virtualdub check youtube. For hd video you can use the track you get and cut it in a editor like adobe audition. but it properly won't be able too handle the audio if hd master or truehd so downconvert this firstly too the core container (usually ac3). this can be done with tsmuxer also.
PJ: JVC DLA-X30 (w/ DVDO iScan Duo, i1 Display Pro & Darbee DVP5000), Elite Spectrum 125" Speakers: B&W CMC2, 2x CM9, 2x CM5, 2x SVS SB12-NSD, 3x Clark TST209 Bluray Player: Denon DBP-4010UD AV Reciever/Amp: Denon AVR-4311 (w/ MultEQ Pro, FBQ1000 & Premium + Dayton EMM-6), Dayton SA240-B

Last edited by spaceape; 11-24-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio > Portable Audio