Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Planet of the Vampires (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Eminem: Live From New York City (Blu-ray)
$11.89
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (Blu-ray)
$8.69
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Old School (Blu-ray)
$5.20
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 12-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #7621
Travis Travis is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
On the sofa
30
1068
294
3
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I have the Steelbook and that's all I need.
I don't have any of the Transformers. Wife bought the DVD of the 2nd because she liked the case, Transformed into Bumblebee. I laughed at it, and she gave it to one of the kids for his birthday. Bring a DVD into my house!

Anyway, they have a cool package here for all 3. Here is a vid of some Thai guy opening it. May buy the set for her.
Unwatched Blu-rays: 41 Movies 5 TV Series
Marantz SR6004; UD5005; CD5003
B&W DM600 S3, LCR60 S3, ASW600 SVS SB12-NSD
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Toshiba Regza 32C3000G; Sony PS3
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010
Elite Screens M106UWH-E24
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:23 PM   #7622
Aerodude73 Aerodude73 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Aerodude73's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")™
134
945
9
28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I TOO have "multiple subs but have them configured in a 7.1 setup"



Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I have the Steelbook and that's all I need.
You are fast becoming Mr. Steelbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Anyway, they have a cool package here for all 3. Here is a vid of some Thai guy opening it. May buy the set for her.
Open Box Transformers (3 Movie Blu-ray Collection) (Trilogy) (Big Head Package) (BD 3 Disc) - YouTube
Had to mute it - good lord. Anyway, interesting (almost) pkg, I guess

I'm sure the 4-Disc set
[Show spoiler](that everyone's been waiting forever on, with the Bonus Stuff [on BD btw], & DVD/DC)
will have a cool package. Will be interesting to see what the guy shows will be in the 7-disc set up (coming Monday)
[Show spoiler](movie/bonus stuff for each, & then a 7th disc of...???)
* Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles/11 Yrs!! (02-13) *

POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!" ™
* TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's *
ONKYO TX-NR838 DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
* BLU-RAYS: 945 *
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:33 PM   #7623
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Well, at least they packaged the 3 Transformer movies in regular Blu-ray cases... Lol, if I bought that package, the 3 blu-ray cases would go on my shelf, and the packaging would just go in the trash... Ok, so maybe I'd burn it instead, just to get a LITTLE enjoyment out of it...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:51 PM   #7624
Travis Travis is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
On the sofa
30
1068
294
3
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreyTheater View Post
Well, at least they packaged the 3 Transformer movies in regular Blu-ray cases... Lol, if I bought that package, the 3 blu-ray cases would go on my shelf, and the packaging would just go in the trash... Ok, so maybe I'd burn it instead, just to get a LITTLE enjoyment out of it...
I hear you. But I feel kinda bad about making fun of the last TF purchase my wife made. Having the box won't be so bad; it'd make her happy. Adding those movies to my collection would be tough. I mean, if I buy those turds, I might as well buy THIS!

I'd rather get her the 3 SteelBooks of the TF movies. Captain America got me hooked. Picked up Salt SteelBook yesterday, $24.
Unwatched Blu-rays: 41 Movies 5 TV Series
Marantz SR6004; UD5005; CD5003
B&W DM600 S3, LCR60 S3, ASW600 SVS SB12-NSD
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Toshiba Regza 32C3000G; Sony PS3
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010
Elite Screens M106UWH-E24
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:53 PM   #7625
Waboman Waboman is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo
385
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Remember Steve is getting up there in age. You have to talk slowly, and loudly, and avoid new fandangled words.

[Show spoiler]STEVE!

SOME........RECEIVERS.........HAVE........OUTPUTS. ........FOR........TWO........SUBS. ......YOU ....... CAN ........RUN .........TWO ........ CABLES ......FROM ........THE........BACK .......OF .......THE ........ RECEIVER ....... TO ........TWO ...... SEPARATE ....... SUBS ........WITHOUT ........USING ....... A ........ SPLITTER. ...... THAT ..... IS ....... POINT 2!

ENJOY ........ YOUR ....... STAR ....... WARS ...... MOVIES.
Lol. I still don't think he gets it.
When life gives you limes, make margaritas
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:54 PM   #7626
Waboman Waboman is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo
385
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
I don't have any of the Transformers. Wife bought the DVD of the 2nd because she liked the case, Transformed into Bumblebee. I laughed at it, and she gave it to one of the kids for his birthday. Bring a DVD into my house!

Anyway, they have a cool package here for all 3. Here is a vid of some Thai guy opening it. May buy the set for her.
Open Box Transformers (3 Movie Blu-ray Collection) (Trilogy) (Big Head Package) (BD 3 Disc) - YouTube
Kinda reminds me of the Watchmen spaceship packaging.
When life gives you limes, make margaritas
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:58 PM   #7627
Waboman Waboman is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo
385
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
I TOO have "multiple subs but have them configured in a 7.1 setup"

What? Is my fly undone? What's the confusion here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73
You are fast becoming Mr. Steelbook
I don't think I have that many. I do think they're cool though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73
Had to mute it - good lord. Anyway, interesting (almost) pkg, I guess

I'm sure the 4-Disc set
[Show spoiler](that everyone's been waiting forever on, with the Bonus Stuff [on BD btw], & DVD/DC)
will have a cool package. Will be interesting to see what the guy shows will be in the 7-disc set up (coming Monday)
[Show spoiler](movie/bonus stuff for each, & then a 7th disc of...???)
Which version will you be buying?
When life gives you limes, make margaritas
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:02 AM   #7628
Waboman Waboman is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo
385
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreyTheater View Post
Well, at least they packaged the 3 Transformer movies in regular Blu-ray cases... Lol, if I bought that package, the 3 blu-ray cases would go on my shelf, and the packaging would just go in the trash... Ok, so maybe I'd burn it instead, just to get a LITTLE enjoyment out of it...
I enjoy the Steelbooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
I hear you. But I feel kinda bad about making fun of the last TF purchase my wife made. Having the box won't be so bad; it'd make her happy. Adding those movies to my collection would be tough. I mean, if I buy those turds, I might as well buy THIS!

I'd rather get her the 3 SteelBooks of the TF movies. Captain America got me hooked. Picked up Salt SteelBook yesterday, $24.
I have the Salt Steelbook too. Thor is another good looking Steelie.
When life gives you limes, make margaritas
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:06 AM   #7629
Aerodude73 Aerodude73 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Aerodude73's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")™
134
945
9
28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Which version will you be buying?
Well, as I already own the first 2 Autographed by BAY
[Show spoiler]& Tyrese Gibson
, no need for the 7-disc set.

I'm sure the 4-disc one will be similar to the Special 3-disc AVATAR set that they kept everyone waiting on.
* Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles/11 Yrs!! (02-13) *

POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!" ™
* TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's *
ONKYO TX-NR838 DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
* BLU-RAYS: 945 *
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:08 AM   #7630
Travis Travis is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
On the sofa
30
1068
294
3
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
I TOO have "multiple subs but have them configured in a 7.1 setup"



You are fast becoming Mr. Steelbook



Had to mute it - good lord. Anyway, interesting (almost) pkg, I guess

I'm sure the 4-Disc set
[Show spoiler](that everyone's been waiting forever on, with the Bonus Stuff [on BD btw], & DVD/DC)
will have a cool package. Will be interesting to see what the guy shows will be in the 7-disc set up (coming Monday)
[Show spoiler](movie/bonus stuff for each, & then a 7th disc of...???)
"Had to mute it - good lord." Listen to it; try to learn something. Was his speaking really so offensive. I am not fluent in Thai, but find they way the talk interesting. I do know how to say foreigner, beer, and happy ending.

What do you call someone who knows more than two languages?
[Show spoiler]Multilingual.

What do you call someone who knows two languages?
[Show spoiler]Bilingual.

What do you call someone who knows just one language?
[Show spoiler]American.
Unwatched Blu-rays: 41 Movies 5 TV Series
Marantz SR6004; UD5005; CD5003
B&W DM600 S3, LCR60 S3, ASW600 SVS SB12-NSD
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Toshiba Regza 32C3000G; Sony PS3
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010
Elite Screens M106UWH-E24
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #7631
Travis Travis is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
On the sofa
30
1068
294
3
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I enjoy the Steelbooks.



I have the Salt Steelbook too. Thor is another good looking Steelie.
The Thor SteelBook is nice. My next Steelie will be Real Steel!
Unwatched Blu-rays: 41 Movies 5 TV Series
Marantz SR6004; UD5005; CD5003
B&W DM600 S3, LCR60 S3, ASW600 SVS SB12-NSD
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Toshiba Regza 32C3000G; Sony PS3
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010
Elite Screens M106UWH-E24
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #7632
Aerodude73 Aerodude73 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Aerodude73's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")™
134
945
9
28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
"Had to mute it - good lord." Listen to it; try to learn something. Was his speaking really so offensive. I am not fluent in Thai, but find they way the talk interesting.
Calm the F__K down Mr. Knowledge. Did I ever say it was SO OFFENSIVE? No. Just because YOU may understand him somewhat, no need to think you can speak for everyone else.
* Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles/11 Yrs!! (02-13) *

POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!" ™
* TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's *
ONKYO TX-NR838 DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
* BLU-RAYS: 945 *
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #7633
Travis Travis is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
On the sofa
30
1068
294
3
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
Calm the F__K down Mr. Knowledge. Did I ever say it was SO OFFENSIVE? No. Just because YOU may understand him somewhat, no need to think you can speak for everyone else.
It was the "good lord" comment that made it seem like it offended you. I don't understand a word of what he says, but I can still listen to it.

Mr. Knowledge? I like that!
Unwatched Blu-rays: 41 Movies 5 TV Series
Marantz SR6004; UD5005; CD5003
B&W DM600 S3, LCR60 S3, ASW600 SVS SB12-NSD
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Toshiba Regza 32C3000G; Sony PS3
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010
Elite Screens M106UWH-E24
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:03 AM   #7634
hometheatergeek hometheatergeek is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
hometheatergeek's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA
46
166
49
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Remember Steve is getting up there in age. You have to talk slowly, and loudly, and avoid new fandangled words.

[Show spoiler]STEVE!

SOME........RECEIVERS.........HAVE........OUTPUTS. ........FOR........TWO........SUBS. ......YOU ....... CAN ........RUN .........TWO ........ CABLES ......FROM ........THE........BACK .......OF .......THE ........ RECEIVER ....... TO ........TWO ...... SEPARATE ....... SUBS ........WITHOUT ........USING ....... A ........ SPLITTER. ...... THAT ..... IS ....... POINT 2!

ENJOY ........ YOUR ....... STAR ....... WARS ...... MOVIES.
Give the dude a break. If I used his reasoning I have a 5.4 system.
AL
“If at first you don't succeed, try something easier.”

Sharp Quattron LC-70LE735U Oppo BDP-103 Pioneer Elite CLD-79 Darbeevision DVP-5000
Denon AVR-4311ci, DR-M10HX Monster HTS-5000 Outlaw Model 750
Klipsch Forte II, RC-62 II, IW-100, KSB 1.1
Velodyne VA 1012 Hsu Research ULS-15 Triple Drive
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:40 AM   #7635
Waboman Waboman is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo
385
3
Default

Watched a couple of Rankin/Bass classics this evening.

First up was Santa Claus is Comin' To Town. With everyone's favorite curmudgeon, Burgermeister Meisterburger.
[Show spoiler]


Followed by The Year Without Santa Claus, featuring these two guys
When life gives you limes, make margaritas
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:48 AM   #7636
phansson phansson is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
phansson's Avatar
 
Nov 2007
Arkansas
22
642
1
Default

Since one of my subs has two 15" woofers, is my system a 7.2 or a 7.3 setup????

And by the way, why was Travis yelling so much a minute ago?
Projector|Screen|: JVC RS40 3D, SeymourAV 126" 2.37 Acoustically Transparent screen, ISCO II Anamorphic lens
Processor|Amps:Marantz AV7005, Parsound Halo A21 (2), Parasound Halo A23 (2), SVS AS-EQ1
Sources:PS3 Slim, Oppo BDP-103D, Dish 722Vip, Appletv
Speakers|Subs:Paradigm Studio 100, CC-690, ADP 470, Servo 15, Seaton Sound Submersive
Power|Cables:PS Audio Duet, Monster HTS-5100, Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Cabling
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:57 AM   #7637
HAMP HAMP is offline
Banned
 
HAMP's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Michigan
13
272
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post
Since one of my subs has two 15" woofers, is my system a 7.2 or a 7.3 setup????

And by the way, why was Travis yelling so much a minute ago?
Honestly, no matter how many subs you have, it's still a 7.1

I think that way of thinking should change. I feel the '.' should represent the LFE, with the number behind it saying how many subs a person have.

Yet, it's not

It's almost the same as if you used a splitter to an amp, and the signal from that splitter is from the front left channel, and you use 9 speakers from that amp.

Even tho you have 9 speakers connected, it's still only one channel


And if we were thinking the other way, then the sub with the woofer would still be one. I guess it’s measured by the cabinet/s ….
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:58 AM   #7638
phansson phansson is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
phansson's Avatar
 
Nov 2007
Arkansas
22
642
1
Default

pssst, HAMP I was kidding

I actually agree with you on the "." meaning you have a sub and the number behind that telling you how many are in your system.
Projector|Screen|: JVC RS40 3D, SeymourAV 126" 2.37 Acoustically Transparent screen, ISCO II Anamorphic lens
Processor|Amps:Marantz AV7005, Parsound Halo A21 (2), Parasound Halo A23 (2), SVS AS-EQ1
Sources:PS3 Slim, Oppo BDP-103D, Dish 722Vip, Appletv
Speakers|Subs:Paradigm Studio 100, CC-690, ADP 470, Servo 15, Seaton Sound Submersive
Power|Cables:PS Audio Duet, Monster HTS-5100, Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Cabling
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:04 AM   #7639
bguzman bguzman is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
bguzman's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
78
302
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Watched a couple of Rankin/Bass classics this evening.

First up was Santa Claus is Comin' To Town. With everyone's favorite curmudgeon, Burgermeister Meisterburger.
[Show spoiler]


Followed by The Year Without Santa Claus, featuring these two guys
Rankin/Bass are my favorite cheesy classics this time of year.
[Show spoiler]The Heat Miser and Snow Miser are tops.
Have you ever seen this one?
[Show spoiler]
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:05 AM   #7640
HAMP HAMP is offline
Banned
 
HAMP's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Michigan
13
272
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post
pssst, HAMP I was kidding

I actually agree with you on the "." meaning you have a sub and the number behind that telling you how many are in your system.
I swear too ya, I had a feeling you were kidding.... Right after I sent it.

I know, these AVR manufacture can get away with saying a 7.2, why can't we.

I stopped saying 7.2 when I got blasted by someone years ago when I use to post it like that. Sir Terrence something something
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:55 AM.