Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
National Parks Adventure 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
7 hrs ago
Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Gamer 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.00

Dream Big: Engineering Our World 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.33

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.95

Katy Perry: Part of Me 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.85

Ghost in the Shell 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.28
41 min ago
Walking With Dinosaurs: The Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.49
1 hr ago
Finding Nemo 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.50

Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology

Old 01-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The Grid
Cool Glasses free 3D (TV, cinema and in general)

I think this is interestng and I had been waiting for soemone to do this. I must note it is extremely limited, but for soemthing that someone has done on there own (more or less), it is very impressive (at least to me).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8CHv...ayer_embedded#
Display: Panasonic 65vt60 with a darbee darblet, Benq w7000.
Audio: Benchmark Dac1 ->DNA Sonett -> Sennheiser HD800 (balanced).
Old 12-27-2011, 03:58 AM   #2
Special Member

Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD
Default Stream TV Networks, Inc. Prepares to Launch Groundbreaking 3D Without Glasses

Stream TV Networks, Inc. Prepares to Launch Groundbreaking 3D Without Glasses Product Line at CES 2012

Proprietary Ultra-D technology surpasses all available 3D viewing experiences

PHILADELPHIA, Dec. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Stream TV Networks, Inc. announced today that it will unveil its new Ultra-D technology at CES 2012. Ultra-D is a next generation 3D without glasses display technology that surpasses all 3D viewing experiences offered to date.

Developed by Stream TV Networks, Inc., the producer of the eLocity brand of mobile tablets launched first in 2010, the Ultra-D technology is strictly proprietary and leverages custom hardware, middleware techniques and software algorithms to create unprecedentedautostereoscopic 3D imagery. This technology will provide consumers with access tounlimited 3D content by enabling real-time conversion of:

2D content into 3D autostereoscopic (without glasses)
3D stereoscopic content (with glasses) to 3D autostereoscopic (without glasses)

The Ultra-D technology thus supports the immediate adoption of 3D consumer hardware despite limited availability of 3D content. Real-time conversion of 2D to 3D and 3D with glasses to 3D without glasses works seamlessly with various content formats including Blu-ray, DVD, PC gaming, Internet, cable and satellite content.

Another key differentiator of the Ultra-D technology enables customization of the 3D effect to address individual differences in spatial perception and the varying impact of 3D rendering on viewer comfort. The technology allows users to increase or decrease the real-time 3D rendering effect, adjusting for variance in content quality and source as well as personal preference so that consumers can use all Ultra-D products to achieve the optimal 3D picture every time.

"We are extremely proud of what we have been able to accomplish with our Ultra-D technology. It is capable of creating a significant shift in the way people view media, comparable to the transition from black and white to color TV," said Mathu Rajan, CEO of Stream TV Networks, Inc. "Our ultimate goal was to create a solution that addresses existing concerns impeding the adoption of 3Dóconsumer aversion to expensive glasses, viewer discomfort, variance in individual vision and preference and the slow creation of 3D content. It seemed we were aiming for the impossible but we've made it possible and will be sharing these hard-won achievements with consumers in 2012. Ultra-D is the next generation 3D technology designed to replace 3D with glasses and win preference over 2D devices."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...136091248.html
Old 12-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007
Indianapolis

We'll find out in a few weeks what this is like. It will be interesting to see how it compares with Toshiba's and Sony's efforts in the glass-free 3D arena. I wonder how many sweet spots there will be.

Other questions are: what price, what screen sizes, and can it be adapted for OLED displays?
imperio absenti chaos regit

bonitas non est pessimis esse meliorem

si post fata venit gloria non propero

Last edited by radagast; 12-27-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:37 AM   #4
Special Member

Apr 2012
Thumbs up Glasses free 3D to be a reality very soon!

Here is the link -

http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/art...ity-2012-09-14
Old 06-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
Special Member

Jun 2012
Default Glasses free 3D

Was at a conference this week and saw a 42" 3D TV which required no glasses,was impressed with it, it's only a matter of time to get this working for much larger screens but the price will have to come down a lot before I'm tempted to get rid of my current 3D TV.
Also saw a plate of glass which had a 3D image projected onto it which they demonstrated with a image of a camera,it's still in its early stages but I can see how this could work.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:52 AM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodslaw View Post
Was at a conference this week and saw a 42" 3D TV which required no glasses,was impressed with it, it's only a matter of time to get this working for much larger screens but the price will have to come down a lot before I'm tempted to get rid of my current 3D TV.
Also saw a plate of glass which had a 3D image projected onto it which they demonstrated with a image of a camera,it's still in its early stages but I can see how this could work.
Lots of sci-fi films predict this, however they show transparency, I think to emphasize to the audience the technology.

So... how transparent was it in real life? I've seen some pretty decent holograms, but only in very, very dark rooms.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
Special Member

Jun 2012

You could see through the image but the glass was within dark panels but there wasnt one behind it so you literally could see through it and the background behind.
Its still in its early stages but to come this far was good to see.
They also had a flat screen turned into portrait mode and you could virtually try clothes on , it used something similar to the Xbox kinect system.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia

Sounds like you had a ball. Invite me next time? Lol...
Old 06-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #9

Aug 2008
Talking

So, that was a smaller version of the 55" glasses-free 4K Toshiba?

Last edited by the13thman; 02-17-2018 at 11:27 AM. Reason: removed redundant reference to other threads now merged into this one
Old 04-02-2014, 04:43 AM   #10

Aug 2012
Default Some cool glasses free 3D gifs

I think these gifs really do show that glasses free 3D technology is very possible.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #11
Special Member

Aug 2011

Pretty cool Gifs, and yes, glasses-free tech is very possible. If you have seen the 3DS or the upcoming StreamTV Ultra-D sets, you would really be a believer. What hurts the 3DS is the low-res screen.
PSN: BowsersFireBreth
Sony PS4
LG 55UB8500 UHD TV
LG LHB976 HTIB
APC J25B Power Conditioner with Battery Backup
Theater:
BenQ w1070
Onkyo HT S7700 Dolby Atmos 5.1.2
Old 04-02-2014, 05:40 PM   #12

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by keb33509 View Post
Pretty cool Gifs, and yes, glasses-free tech is very possible. If you have seen the 3DS or the upcoming StreamTV Ultra-D sets, you would really be a believer. What hurts the 3DS is the low-res screen.
Me and especially my mom wasn't sold on the whole glasses free 3D thing, even tho we watched some demos on Youtube of some of these TVs. But these images right here really sold us both on it that it could very much work.

And I've seen a review of a 3Ds game which was a Castlevania one, that looked pretty good from what I saw. As for the 3Ds I just don't feel playing ggames and watching stuff in 3D on a really small screen. Stream TV when is this coming out, as a matter of fact when are they gonna start releasing these glasses free 3D Tvs they've been showcasing? It's taking them forever to release them here in the states.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:48 AM   #13
Special Member

Aug 2011

The new glasses free sets are expected to be available for purchase later this year, but I know how that goes sometimes. We may not see any. I previewed a StreamTV glasses free set at Newegg's LA showroom and it was sweet. Almost as good as active sets. I'm sure the 4K image helped too. Ultra-D is the tech they are using and I have heard many manufacturers are planning on licensing the software for use on their sets.
PSN: BowsersFireBreth
Sony PS4
LG 55UB8500 UHD TV
LG LHB976 HTIB
APC J25B Power Conditioner with Battery Backup
Theater:
BenQ w1070
Onkyo HT S7700 Dolby Atmos 5.1.2
Old 04-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #14

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by keb33509 View Post
The new glasses free sets are expected to be available for purchase later this year, but I know how that goes sometimes. We may not see any. I previewed a StreamTV glasses free set at Newegg's LA showroom and it was sweet. Almost as good as active sets. I'm sure the 4K image helped too. Ultra-D is the tech they are using and I have heard many manufacturers are planning on licensing the software for use on their sets.
I hope so cause I would gladly trade in the in the 3D tv I have right now, for one of these in a heartbeat if they're affordable also. It doesn't make sense how some of these TVs are already available over seas in places like Japan for years, but they still have yet to release any here in the US.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:14 PM   #15

Aug 2012

Here are some more cool glasses free 3D gifs, had to post these.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:22 PM   #16
Blu-ray Count

Apr 2011
England

Nice, do you have any more dude?
Old 04-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #17

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Nice, do you have any more dude?
Well here's another one i found

Old 04-03-2014, 09:46 PM   #18
Blu-ray Count

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_234 View Post
Well here's another one i found

That is a good effect. I still hold out hope for 3D. Here is hoping!
Old 04-03-2014, 10:06 PM   #19

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
That is a good effect. I still hold out hope for 3D. Here is hoping!
I'm still a strong supporter of the 3D format, and really hope it can finally go beyond the glasses soon. James Cameron is one of the people working on helping 3D to go glasses free, I watched a video where he said he's working with Dolby to make it happen. If that Ultra D glasses free 3D TV is really coming out this year I'd trade in my passive 3D TV in a heartbeat for one, if the effects look just as good as these gifs here.

Last edited by reaper_234; 04-03-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:55 PM   #20
Blu-ray Count

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_234 View Post
I still a strong support of the 3D format, and really hope it can finally go beyond the glasses soon. James Cameron is one of the people working on helping 3D to go glasses free, I watched a video where he said he's working with Dolby to make it happen. If that Ultra D glasses free 3D TV is really coming out this year I'd trade in my passive 3D TV in a heartbeat for one, if the effects look just as good as these gifs here.
True.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology