Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98
18 hrs ago
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
6 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99
15 hrs ago
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
18 hrs ago
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
$14.99
15 hrs ago
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$9.99
15 hrs ago
The King and I (Blu-ray)
$9.50
31 min ago
Coming to America (Blu-ray)
$4.99
6 hrs ago
Tammy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
15 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 07-13-2011, 04:00 AM   #21

Dec 2009
Montreal, Canada

I'm seriously looking into buying this set! It's 399 at Futureshop right now and it looks pretty good to me!

I live in an apartment over some people so i can't have(or can afford) a 2000$ BOSE system so a small-ish set like this is perfect for me. Plus i read that you can hook up everything to it and have only ONE HDMI cable going the TV. I have my HD Cablebox and my PS3

I've been using the TV speakers of my 40inch Samsung LCD TV for 3 years now and i think it's time for some surround sound!

I don't feel like plunking down more money for the wireless back speakers though so i think I'll just run wires along the walls. I think they should of included the necessary parts for the wireless back speakers into the box and just charge it more, instead of having people look for the parts themselves somewhere else.

So everyone still happy with this?
Old 07-19-2011, 05:43 AM   #22

May 2011

I've had this for about 4 months now and I like it. The only drawback to me is the speaker wires for the rears aren't as long as I need them to be. When I have the time and money I will buy more to extend its length out. I have my PC, step-top box and PS3 all connected through it with a single HDMI going from the receiver to the TV. The sound is more than adequate for me as I live in an apartment and at night I turn on night mode so the bass doesn't wake up the neighbors.

I'm sure you'll be pleased.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:58 PM   #23

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnalehu View Post
Yes, I am still loving it. It is very easy to adjust the speakers via the auto cal. feature. Music, sports, and just regular tv sounds really nice as well. I ended up mounting the front and center speakers to the wall and not using the stands as they do take up a lot of floor space. I have really high ceilings in my condo but the system does an outstanding job of filling up the room. The system can deliver DTS-HD and Dolby True HD. If you can still find one under $350 I would pick it up.

Edit: I forgot to mention it does have pass through 3D capability if you own a 3D set. It's very nice having one HDMI cable running into my TV instead of 4 also!

Which sound field are you using that allows it to deliver DTS-HD and Dolby True HD? The only gripe I have with this system is when I watch movies, voices are soft while the actions is really loud. I'm not sure how to get it to even out. Any tips would be appreciated!
Old 08-22-2011, 05:11 AM   #24

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon9 View Post
Which sound field are you using that allows it to deliver DTS-HD and Dolby True HD? The only gripe I have with this system is when I watch movies, voices are soft while the actions is really loud. I'm not sure how to get it to even out. Any tips would be appreciated!
Just adjust your db levels. Raise your center channel and lower the FL and FR. The sound field I have set to it I believe is the one that says movie. I have my center at +3.5 and the front left and right set slightly negative. I sit about 10 feet back.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:15 AM   #25
Expert Member

May 2009

I couldn't help but noticed the specs only had LPCM 2/5.1 channel support only, no 7.1. I have movies in that mix so if I had my PS3 ticked with LPCM 5.1 48hz and 7.1 and I use it on this system, will it automatically downscale to 5.1 and not leave out the remaining channels?

O and I've read that the bass response is really deep. Is there a way to adjust the bass? Please tell me it can go lower than -6.0dbs otherwise I think I might have to watch with Night mode the entire time (that takes the bass away right?)

Last edited by I-C-Blue; 09-10-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #26

Nov 2011

Hello,

I can t decide between ht-sf470 and ht-sf2300 (http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...umber=HTSF2300)

Can you please give me an advice?

Thanks
Old 01-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #27

Jul 2009

To anyone that has this system,

Is there anyway to adjust the speakers independently? I want to only increase volume on the rear speakers. How do you do this?
Old 01-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by REZBLUE View Post
To anyone that has this system,

Is there anyway to adjust the speakers independently? I want to only increase volume on the rear speakers. How do you do this?
Yes, I have this system and you can adjust the individual speakers.

I wouldn't, however, recommend this system. It's not that I'm completely unhappy w/ it, but playing Blus w/ HD audio, the center speaker is weak in that the dialogue is low and then the action scenes are very loud.

This doesn't seem to be as noticeable a problem when switching the Blu to play Dolby Digital, more a problem w/ HD audio.

Granted w/ the HD Audio, you can adjust the speaker volumes individually so I do have the center speaker higher which does help, but for musical Blus or concert Blus, it means I have to re-adjust the volume again and then when I put a movie Blu back in I have to re-adjust the volume or re-do the auto calibration and it's a little bothersome.

Also, even though I higher the center speaker for dialogue for a musical Blu like Phantom of the Opera, it might sound fine during dialogue, but when it's a music scene the center speaker is too high so it sounds a little unbalanced during the music parts, but it's a little ridiculous to adjust the speakers while I'm watching, so I don't but then I have to raise/lower the volume while I'm watching and embarassing when you are watching w/ people.

By the way, I'm not an audiophile at all, so this is just my experience, so if any others who have this system have a better method regarding this issue, let me know.
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U / Sony PS3 / Sony HT-SF470
Old 07-05-2012, 03:34 AM   #29

Feb 2008

edit: wrong thread...sorry.

Last edited by CM Matty; 07-05-2012 at 03:57 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater General Discussion > HTiB (all-in-one systems)