COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Long Goodbye (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Thieves Like Us (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Coming Home (Blu-ray)
$18.49
White Lightning (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.76
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.98
Gator (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Viva Maria! (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Mud (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Pocketful of Miracles (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Old 01-10-2012, 04:46 AM   #1

Jul 2010
Default Hollywood Confidential

Due to forum rules relating to political discussion,I will attempt to tiptoe around statements of that nature and apologize in advance for any offence caused,however the issues are important.

Mark Boal and Kathryn Bigelow,the team behind a planned film about the hunt for Osama bin Laden are under investigation on whether they had improper access to classified material.
The Central Intelligence Agency is reviewing its guidelines on interaction with the entertainment industry.
The C.I.A has worked in the past with writers and filmakers to provide an accurate portrayal of the men and women of the C.I.A. their vital mission and their commitment to public service that defines them.
This is all well and good,but do we really want Government agency's too interfere in storytelling.
Barry Levinson's 1997 film "Wag the Dog" took a look at these dangers!.
Alan J Pakula's 1976 "All the President's Men" would not have been the same without the smoking man,or was that the X Files.
Oliver Stone's 1991 JFK was so confusing,that it is anyones guess what the truth is!
The danger here is a return to the dark,horrible days for writers and directors of McCarthyism and the Academy should remind the government at the 84th Academy Awards that First Amendment rights are sacred.
Mark Boal and Kathryn Bigelow should film on with impunity and remember Ralph Waldo Emerson's "Concord Hymn" with the lyrics "shot heard 'round the world'.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Hollywood and Celebrities