COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Noah (Blu-ray)
$17.99
House of Bodies (Blu-ray)
$13.48
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
To Love Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Les Misérables (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Endeavour: Series 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.69
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Samurai Bride: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Revolution: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$17.96
The Last Unicorn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Divergent (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Napoleon Dynamite (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion

Old 01-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
Expert Member

Jan 2011
PA
Default Newbie Here - Easier Collection or Tracking Way?

I'm collecting Blu Rays now, I'm addicted.. Last few weeks I've stopped at Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy and been picking up so blu -rays for $9.99 or so.. I love this site with links to Amazon which has been great.. Is there other collectors out there that have a list to keep track of thier favorites to watch for price drop on blu ray? I'm really diggin this site.. Is there a better tracking tool to keep track of movies ? I got like 50 or so everyday that I just check this site and Amazon for price drops.. Don't know if there is easier way? .. I hope this is right place to post this, if not I apologize..

Thanks,
Dx

Last edited by Dxtra30; 01-10-2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dxtra30 View Post
I'm collecting Blu Rays now, I'm addicted.. Last few weeks I've stopped at Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy and been picking up so blu -rays for $9.99 or so.. I love this site with links to Amazon which has been great.. Is there other collectors out there that have a list to keep track of thier favorites to watch for price drop on blu ray? I'm really diggin this site.. Is there a better tracking tool to keep track of movies ? I got like 50 or so everyday that I just check this site and Amazon for price drops.. Don't know if there is easier way? .. I hope this is right place to post this, if not I apologize..

Thanks,
Dx
Welcome to the site!

I love this site as well.

I noticed you were interested in price drops on Blu-rays, well, you are in luck. There is a Price Tracker on this site that allows you to select any individual movie, put in the low price that you would be willing to spend on that title, and when/if the title reaches that price, there will be an alert at the top of the page, right under the Most Popular Deals on Amazon Header, letting you know that your title has reached the price you are willing to pay for it.

To use this feature is simple. All you have to do is a quick search of a movie on this site by using the search bar in the top right corner. Make sure the drop down box, located beside of the search bar, is set to "Movies". Search for the film you are interested in. When the results load, click on the title.

On the next page you will see a picture of the Blu-ray film and underneath of it you will see two options, on most films anyway. One says Add To Collection. The Other says Set Price Tracking. Simply click Set Price Tracking and you will be greeted by a bar graph illustrating the Amazon Price History on the title you have selected.

To set your own price, simply fill in the parameters underneath the bar graph. You can set your own price, you can also set when the alert can go off by filling in the Price Range box or by filling in a % if you would rather go that route. You can also set how long the price tracker will last, anywhere from 1 week to 5 years.

The price tracking added with the other features on this site that displays deals helps tremendously and makes it a lot easier to keep up with certain films that you are interested in, for a price lol. I hope I have been help to you and don't be afraid to ask any more questions to anyone around here. They will be glad to help.
Formerly : eagles_fan_05 / skins_fan_05 / vikings_fan_05

8-time NCAA Men's Basketball Champions (Soon to get #9)

My Trade Thread featuring Blu's, slips, games, sport cards and more!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
Expert Member

Jan 2011
PA

Great, Thank you!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
AVFC

Dec 2007
Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan_05 View Post
Welcome to the site!

I love this site as well.

I noticed you were interested in price drops on Blu-rays, well, you are in luck. There is a Price Tracker on this site that allows you to select any individual movie, put in the low price that you would be willing to spend on that title, and when/if the title reaches that price, there will be an alert at the top of the page, right under the Most Popular Deals on Amazon Header, letting you know that your title has reached the price you are willing to pay for it.

To use this feature is simple. All you have to do is a quick search of a movie on this site by using the search bar in the top right corner. Make sure the drop down box, located beside of the search bar, is set to "Movies". Search for the film you are interested in. When the results load, click on the title.

On the next page you will see a picture of the Blu-ray film and underneath of it you will see two options, on most films anyway. One says Add To Collection. The Other says Set Price Tracking. Simply click Set Price Tracking and you will be greeted by a bar graph illustrating the Amazon Price History on the title you have selected.

To set your own price, simply fill in the parameters underneath the bar graph. You can set your own price, you can also set when the alert can go off by filling in the Price Range box or by filling in a % if you would rather go that route. You can also set how long the price tracker will last, anywhere from 1 week to 5 years.

The price tracking added with the other features on this site that displays deals helps tremendously and makes it a lot easier to keep up with certain films that you are interested in, for a price lol. I hope I have been help to you and don't be afraid to ask any more questions to anyone around here. They will be glad to help.
excellent post!
"All men dream. But not equally..." - Nathan Drake.

-----------------------
PS3 120GB
KDL 46HX803 Sony Bravia 1080p FULL HD 3D
SKY+ HD
220 Blu ray discs
PSN: garlad
Old 01-11-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
Expert Member

Jan 2011
PA

I LOVE this site and tracking tool!.. Thanks for helping me out!. Great posts!
Old 01-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Limbo

yes! i love this sites price tracker!!. its one of the best features theyve added!

i only use the 'collection' feature mainly for other members to see what i have. for home use i use 'collectorz' on my desktop for dvds and movies and on the go, i use 'my collection' on my android phone. the android app is also compatible with music and books.
PSN: un4gvn2 LIVE: un4givn2

SPOOOON!!

My music collection
Old 01-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #7
Expert Member

Jan 2011
PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by un4gvn94538 View Post
yes! i love this sites price tracker!!. its one of the best features theyve added!

i only use the 'collection' feature mainly for other members to see what i have. for home use i use 'collectorz' on my desktop for dvds and movies and on the go, i use 'my collection' on my android phone. the android app is also compatible with music and books.

What's the app called again for your andriod phone?? I'm interested in getting it for mine.. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Limbo

Quote:
What's the app called again for your andriod phone?? I'm interested in getting it for mine.. Thanks!
its called 'my collection' . theres actually 3. the pro version was a paid app until something between the dev. and google made a mess of things. now its free. i would ask u to purchase to elite version. technically the same thing as the now free pro, but it supports the dev. i tried a couple others out there and i like this one best.
PSN: un4gvn2 LIVE: un4givn2

SPOOOON!!

My music collection
Old 01-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #9

Jan 2011
Jax , FL

wow interesting...Got to check that out !!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #10
Expert Member

Dec 2010
Teays Valley, WV

Quote:

Thanks,
Dx
since you just got in to collecting blu rays im gonna give ya a lil hint, well atleast a lil hint for the way i buy blu's. don't just buy one just so you can have one more, i did that and before i knew it i had over 300 blu's but then once i looked at what i had i realized half the blu's i had were crap so i started only buying movie i felt deserved a spot in my collection i sold the ones i felt were out of place and now i only have about 150 and i couldn't be happier... but no matter how you decide to collect its good to have you on board and before you no it you'll have more than u can watch
YES Vanilla Sky is coming to blu
I WTB
LOTR trilogy ext. cut, Robocop trilogy, elm street collection, Chunky collection, Tremors attack pack
The omen collection, Cannibal Holocaust UK import with yellow case, One Hour Phone (with slip), Crystal Lake memories
Old 01-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #11
Expert Member

Jan 2011
PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven_32 View Post
since you just got in to collecting blu rays im gonna give ya a lil hint, well atleast a lil hint for the way i buy blu's. don't just buy one just so you can have one more, i did that and before i knew it i had over 300 blu's but then once i looked at what i had i realized half the blu's i had were crap so i started only buying movie i felt deserved a spot in my collection i sold the ones i felt were out of place and now i only have about 150 and i couldn't be happier... but no matter how you decide to collect its good to have you on board and before you no it you'll have more than u can watch
I agree and thanks for the tip I appreciate it.. I'm not just gonna buy blue titles all the time, I'm using the price tracker for about 30 I really want.. Thanks for heads up on what to get and not to get.. Hopefully I won't find my self crazy.lol Appreciate the tips
Old 01-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #12
Expert Member

Dec 2010
Teays Valley, WV

Quote:
I agree and thanks for the tip I appreciate it.. I'm not just gonna buy blue titles all the time, I'm using the price tracker for about 30 I really want.. Thanks for heads up on what to get and not to get.. Hopefully I won't find my self crazy.lol Appreciate the tips
another tip i find useful is if you add about 10 or so that you want to your amazon chart it will tell you when the prices increase and decrease goodluck
YES Vanilla Sky is coming to blu
I WTB
LOTR trilogy ext. cut, Robocop trilogy, elm street collection, Chunky collection, Tremors attack pack
The omen collection, Cannibal Holocaust UK import with yellow case, One Hour Phone (with slip), Crystal Lake memories
Old 02-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #13

May 2008

Old 02-08-2011, 07:11 AM   #14
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009
Netherlands SteelBooks™: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
What?
Andy.

A world of pounding beats, pure melodies, and euphoria. A State of Trance.

tonight is forever.

PSN; deeii91
Old 02-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #15

Feb 2008

The price tracker is amazing! I find amazon to have very good deals as well. Hello all!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #16

May 2010

Love the price tracker, and love getting email notifications on my phone!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #17

Aug 2010
Chicago

I love price tracker, and don't be afraid to set that price LOW, otherwise come Black Friday weekend your entire list will light up. Save money for Black Friday! That's when you can pick up some GREAT deals.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:23 AM   #18

Sep 2011

im new here and was wondering how do i get the blu ray collection thing under my name in the forums so that i can list all the blu rays i have.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #19

Oct 2011

I'm going to start using the price tracker tool also. It looks like a great tool indeed! Thanks for the info.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #20

Jul 2010

Price tracker indeed looks good to use, thanks.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion