COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$54.96
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Destroy All Monsters (Blu-ray)
$12.74
Pain & Gain (Blu-ray)
$10.12
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Baltimore Ravens: Road to XLVII (Blu-ray)
$20.08
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Eternal Damn Nation (Blu-ray)
$15.25
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Godzilla vs. Megalon (Blu-ray)
$12.74
Old 01-16-2012, 05:08 AM   #1

Oct 2010
Default Play Metal Gear Acid 2 for PSP on 3D TV?

There isn't really a good place to post this (it's not Blu-ray 3D and not PS3 3D) but I suppose some where is better than no where.

The game Metal Gear Acid 2 is a side by side 3D game that came out quite a while ago, it uses an adapter sort of like the Hasbro MY3D.

Anyways the point is that the PSP slim allows for video out through component cables and I was wondering if anyone has tried to play this game on a 3D tv or heard if it works.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009

i

I think that is actually a glorified anaglyph 3D box, only you can be able to watch it well at daytime!

But to answer your question, I don't believe you can output the game in 3D. You might be able to use an (illegal) emulator to do this on a PC.
Projector:Infocus X10 1080p DLP projector & DIY anamorphic lens
TV:Samsung DLP 1080p TV HL-T5676S
Receiver: Yamaha HTR-5640 AV receiver
HTPC/gaming rig
Add me on Steam: rctyke (trogdor2010)

Last edited by Trogdor2010; 01-16-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #3

Oct 2010

Well, I ask because even though I have many old 3D items one of the things I haven't picked up yet is a 3D tv. I also don't have a slim psp. From memory though the software gives the option to display side by side stereo and in theory the component out cable for the slim should output the same. Having a 3D tv which is capable of displaying side by side can in 3D can also accept the side by side from component?

It just seems like a reasonable thing, however I haven't had all the hardware, cables and software in the same room to try it.

From the little research I've done it seems that it should work, I just don't have proof of concept. I also assume that through adapters it may be possible to play the Hasbro iPhone games on a 3D tv. I realize they would not be high quality but I also come from the days of 3D on a CRT from a VHD player.

Edit from here:
What makes you think it won't work?

Last edited by digitalkiller; 01-19-2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: question
Old 01-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #4

Feb 2011

On my Panasonic set you can only turn on the Side-By-Side 3D if the source is coming in through an HDMI port. I had to get a new cable box in order to pick up and display the 3D channel in the Freezone on Cox for this reason.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:02 AM   #5

Oct 2010

I guess a better way to ask is would the PSP output the video as side by side through the component cables. I have the game but not all of the rest of the equipment to confirm and my PSP is the older model which can't output video.

As far as the display goes I have heard confirmations that some displays can accept side by side for 3D through component although most will not.

I have also heard confirmations on people sending side by side through component to their A/V receiver then running from the HDMI out to the display.

This might also be another way

http://www.amazon.com/PSPHD42-Conver.../dp/B0038AERAI

The other interesting thing is the iPad, iPhone 4, etc can send through component, HDMI and through AirPlay to Apple TV and Hasbro's My3D games might be playable on a 3D display. Again I don't have all the equipment to test this out but Hasbro offers some of the games free and some as demos if anyone else has the ability to test.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Technology, News and General Discussion