COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.76
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$70.66
Stargate: The Ark of Truth / Continuum (Blu-ray)
$16.19
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.35
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Ring (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Legend of Korra - Book One: Air (Blu-ray)
$14.22
Congo (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Cold in July (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Old 10-24-2011, 12:36 AM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Default New Products from 3D Now

3D Now, who are taking over distribution for VIP, have unveiled two new 3D converters/processors:

Quote:
Theater
- Watch 3D sources on any HDTV or HD projector
- Plug N' Play model provides 3D for every display
- 3D HD viewing up to 1080p

TheaterPlus+
- 3D Now Professional version for CI market
- 7.2 surround sound
- Distributed multi zone 3D capability
- Sync capabilities - 60Hz, 72Hz, 96Hz &120Hz
- works through HDMI matrix
http://3dnow.com/product.html
Old 10-25-2011, 11:47 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
South Dakota

That's really cool.

I was hoping someone would invent something like this.

Are there reviews out to tell you how well it works?
Old 10-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #3

Aug 2009
BRONX, NY

that would've safe me a lot of money if they had it last year.. im so happy this will be available because i have a samsung ln65b650 with amazing picture and with this new device I'll be able to watch 3D. thanks for the info.
combo setup :110 " Elite Screens TE110HW2-E24 Motorized EPSON 5020UB 3D projector with OPPO 103 || TV: 70" Sony KDL-70R550A with OPPO 93|| PS4||XBOX ONE ||WII U (black) ||PS3 80G || Onkyo TX-NR609 7.2 Receiver || speakers: Infinity P363BK (2). || Infinity PC351BK (center). | (4) JBL ES10B || Infinity PS410BK subs (2).| Monster Power HDP2500 Power Center || Harmony 1100
Old 10-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Long Island, N.Y.; 3D blu-rays look stunning; Favorite food: Pizza

This device sounds incredible (if it works). However, I prefer passive glasses.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:52 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

It should work fine... as I understand it, these guys are partnering with/taking over distribution for VIP, the folks who came out with the 3D Theatre & 3D Displayer last year. 60hz displays will likely exhibit some flicker with 3D content.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:49 AM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia

I was upset with myself for spending so much on HT junk without pre-emting 3D. As a result, for the time being, I went cheap with a $AU300 PC monitor. But if I hear enough positve reviews on this product it could be a great addition to my HT. Anybody with one wanna comment?
Old 10-31-2011, 02:10 AM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Long Island, N.Y.; 3D blu-rays look stunning; Favorite food: Pizza

Because I personally believe passive technology is better, this system, though potentially phenomenal, will not work for me because it uses active shutter glasses.

However, I am still going to follow developments on this product with keen interest. Pricing will be a major factor.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #8

Jul 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrlKJaneway View Post
I was upset with myself for spending so much on HT junk without pre-emting 3D. As a result, for the time being, I went cheap with a $AU300 PC monitor. But if I hear enough positve reviews on this product it could be a great addition to my HT. Anybody with one wanna comment?
I'm on another AVS thread (at least one other person on this one is too) and I've heard some pretty positive reviews about it. I spoke with the director of sales who said a new model should be available mid to late February 2012. This new model adds multiple vertical sync rates which is helpful for those of us who fell in between the 60 and 120Hz supported by the original model. My home theater projector has a v-sync rate of 100Hz max. I would have had to use the 60Hz rate on the current model. The new one will support 96Hz and, according to what I've been "told", flicker and brightness should be virtually unaffected at that rate. I think the new rates supported are 60, 72, 96 and 120Hz. The higher the v-sync you can use, the better. If you decide you may want to buy this product, check your max sync rate and touch base with those who have it. I'll probably be one of the early ones getting the new model. I've talked to people who say it works fine at 60Hz, but that's probably pretty subjective and depends on your eyes and (probably) the display you have. One thing about this device is that it can support full 1080p (unlike some other technologies).

Now here's the ouch part....It's $599 plus a $179 starter pack (emitter and pair of glasses). Extra glasses are $129. The emitter and glasses appear to be proprietary (or so I was told). If you've already got a projector (which I do and a 120" screen), it beats buying a 3D projector. I too prefer a passive setup, but that's WAY out of my price range for the time being. Hopefully this technology will serve as a bridge until prices come down. If anyone is really interested in that sort of setup and has some dough, search on "Ultimate 3D Projection" on the AVS forum. Read from the start and you'll learn a lot about the polarization of light, optical filters, screens, etc. There are some very knowledgeable, and clever people doing some pretty interesting things (many of those "things" are not, however, inexpensive).
Old 09-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by InCali View Post
Now here's the ouch part....It's $599 plus a $179 starter pack (emitter and pair of glasses). Extra glasses are $129. The emitter and glasses appear to be proprietary (or so I was told). If you've already got a projector (which I do and a 120" screen), it beats buying a 3D projector. I too prefer a passive setup, but that's WAY out of my price range for the time being. Hopefully this technology will serve as a bridge until prices come down. If anyone is really interested in that sort of setup and has some dough, search on "Ultimate 3D Projection" on the AVS forum. Read from the start and you'll learn a lot about the polarization of light, optical filters, screens, etc. There are some very knowledgeable, and clever people doing some pretty interesting things (many of those "things" are not, however, inexpensive).
They are currently $450 + $30 shipping for the box and two pairs of glasses.

http://www.curtpalme.com/3DTheatre.shtm

TLK
My Home Theaters
SONY KD-36XS955 36" CRT HDTV & Samsung TX-T3092WH 30" WS CRT HDTV; Oppo BDP-103 & Momitsu BDP-799 (both region-free) Blu-ray Disc players; VIP 3D-Theatre 3D converter box; Pioneer LD-S2 (with AC-3 mod) & Pioneer CLD-1010 LaserDisc players; Pioneer RFD-1 RF demodulator; Panasonic DMR-EZ48V VHS/DVD player/recorder; Audio Technica AT-PL50 turntable; Onkyo TX-NR818 audio/video receiver (7.2 speakers); Dish Network VIP722 & VIP612 HD DVR receivers
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Technology, News and General Discussion