COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Afflicted (Blu-ray)
$12.49
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Queen Margot (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
The Inspector Lavardin Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.49
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$19.49
The Paperboy (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Raid 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Drive Hard (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Hollywood and Celebrities

Old 01-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008
Default American actor James Farentino, R.I.P.

from "The Final Countdown" which is available on BD

"James Farentino, the Brooklyn-born actor who carved a successful career that always kept him circling on the outskirts of stardom, died Tuesday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. He was 73.

The official cause was heart failure. A family spokesman said he had been ill for some time.

Farentino was best known for his long recurring role on "Dynasty," but he acted in close to a hundred TV shows, stage dramas and movies.

He got an Emmy nomination for playing St. Peter in the 1978 mini-series "Jesus of Nazareth." He played George Clooney's estranged father on "ER" and Stanley Kowalski in a 1973 production of "A Streetcar Named Desire."

He often played characters who were tough and a little roguish, with dark sides, and that mirrored his personal life.

He was married four times - the last time just five months after he was arrested in March 1994 for stalking his ex-girlfriend Tina Sinatra. He pleaded no contest to the charge and was placed on 36 months probation with orders to undergo alcohol and psychiatric counseling.

He had also been arrested in 1991 in Canada for cocaine possession, and he told the Los Angeles Times in 2003 that the Sinatra case marked a low point of his life and career.

"My behavior was appalling," he said.

His fourth marriage lasted until his death, though both he and his wife filed for divorce at separate times, citing irreconcilable differences.

The son of a clothing designer, Farentino went to school in Brooklyn and attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. He launched his acting career with a small role in the 1961 Broadway production of "Night of the Iguana."

His TV career started in 1962 with guest roles in shows that included "77 Sunset Strip," "Naked City," "The Defenders" and "Route 66."

His film breakthrough came in 1967 with "The Pad and How to Use It," for which he won a Golden Globe award as most promising newcomer.

That led to a starring role opposite Patty Duke in the 1969 film "Me, Natalie."

A decade later he starred opposite Martin Sheen and Kirk Douglas in the sci-fi film "The Final Countdown."

Most of his work was in television, however, including a recurring roles on "The Bold Ones: The Lawyers" and "Melrose Place."

He is survived by two sons, David and Saverio." http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/james-farentino-brooklyn-born-actor-played-george-clooney-father-er-dies-73-article-1.1011621#ixzz1kUnSgscx
The Alamo, Black Rain (Jp), Far from the Madding Crowd, Gray Lady Down, The Incredible Shrinking Man, Interrupted Melody, Lust for Life, Mississippi Burning, Moby Dick (Gregory Peck), The Other Sister, Ryan's Daughter, Searching for Bobby Fischer, Sink the Bismarck, Swing Kids, Testament, Them, They Died With Their Boots On, The Thing from Another World, War of the Worlds (Orig.) & When Worlds Collide
Old 01-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010
New Zealand

I do remember Mr Farentino. R.I.P
"I don't always herdy dur mur flerpty floopin...

But when I do, I yer der schmer dor her der foomty, der shoopin flerpty dur"

The Swedish Chef!.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Hollywood and Celebrities