COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$129.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.98
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Love Lab: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Noah (Blu-ray)
$17.99
X-Men and the Wolverine Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$7.98
Kill Bill: 1 & 2 Double Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Samurai Bride: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$7.98

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs Cotto Outcome?
Mayweather by TKO/KO 2 12.50%
Mayweather by decision 10 62.50%
Cotto by TKO/KO 2 12.50%
Cotto by decision 1 6.25%
Draw/too close to call/I have no idea 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #21
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Farnsworth View Post
Pacquiao wanting a 50/50 split is BS, he knows that he can't beat Mayweather, hell he even struggled against Márquez.

All these fighters wanna go on record saying they're best but act like lil' ***** cats when a real challenge presents itself....man I mess the old days when fighters backed up what they'd say.
50/50 because Pacquiao had more PPV buys overall simply because he's been fighting more than Mayweather since 2008. Also their previous fight, Pacquiao had more buys than Mayweather alone. As for Marquez, he always gave Pacquiao trouble since their first encounter. I really think it was just in off night for him in their 3rd fight. When Pacquiao fights again in June and shows less effort, and excuses with foot cramps etc etc. Then I'll be disappointed and Mayweather deserves more of the share. Ultimately, I don't care who gets more as long as they fight in November/December.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Leaf Nation
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Good read and I agree with u to an extent, but it seems people make more excuses for Mayweather than other fighters so thats all I am complaining about! I know he is the biggest name in boxing so he is magnified but damn! Atleast he can fight Cotto at 154 while Manny cried to have him dehydrate himself to a measley 145. Big difference and Mayweather will facer a tought Cotto than what Pac faced! Got Em!!

Haha dude not to burst your bubble but u havnt followed boxing for years but want to jump in and take shots at May without knowing whats goin on. Its all good as Cotto will be another victim. Most real fans of boxing knows who ducking who? Got Em!!
Haha dude, not to burst your bubble, but you don't have to be Jim Lampley to see that Mayweather doesn't seem to want to fight Manny. You just said that I don't know what's going on, so how about you enlighten me. Why haven't they squared off?????
Old 02-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #23

Feb 2011
fort worth, tx

Voting for Cotto by KO/TKO. I don't think it'll happen, but I want it to
Old 02-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Leaf Nation
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor Lugosi View Post
Mayweather is a good fighter but his antics make me can't stand him. I hope he loses.
Precisely...I'll watch this fight with the hopes of seeing Cotto shut Mayweather's Big Yapper.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #25

Nov 2010

This is not a challenging fight for Mayweather. I'll bet my life and everything I own that Cotto doesn't win a single round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Farnsworth View Post
Pacquiao wanting a 50/50 split is BS, he knows that he can't beat Mayweather, hell he even struggled against Márquez.
Marquez is an outstanding boxer. It's not fair to compare his fights with Mayweather and Pacquiao.

Last edited by MrOlympiaSC; 02-02-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Leaf Nation
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOlympiaSC View Post
This is not a challenging fight for Mayweather. I'll bet my life and everything I own that Cotto doesn't win a single round.
You're probably right, but one can hope. Remember the Buster Douglas/Tyson fight.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #27

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmnut5 View Post
You're probably right, but one can hope. Remember the Buster Douglas/Tyson fight.
Apples and Oranges. Mayweather trains hard for every opponent and doesn't sleep on anyone. Plus, he's a defensively oriented boxer.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #28

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
A single round Cotto isn't going to win? He's an excellent counter puncher and he'll get off to fast start, but Floyd will pick him apart and dominate and win a Unanimous Decision.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #29
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Leaf Nation
Canada

Quote:
Apples and Oranges. Mayweather trains hard for every opponent and doesn't sleep on anyone. Plus, he's a defensively oriented boxer.
Just making an underdog comparison, not a technical one.

You don't think Cotto can win a round. If that's the case, he's obviously a tomato can, ripe for red leakage. Why is Mayweather fighting such an inferior opponent at this stage of his career???
Old 02-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #30

Nov 2010

Quote:
Just making an underdog comparison, not a technical one.

You don't think Cotto can win a round. If that's the case, he's obviously a tomato can, ripe for red leakage. Why is Mayweather fighting such an inferior opponent at this stage of his career???
Floyd has been fighting inferior opponents because the rest are not on his level (except Pacquiao). Marquez was the best fighter he has faced, but he was too small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post
A single round Cotto isn't going to win? He's an excellent counter puncher and he'll get off to fast start, but Floyd will pick him apart and dominate and win a Unanimous Decision.
Agreed. I was just frustrated with this announcement when I read it. Wasn't your first reaction zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz? It certainly was mine.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #31
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Leaf Nation
Canada

Quote:
Floyd has been fighting inferior opponents because the rest are not on his level (except Pacquiao). Marquez was the best fighter he has faced, but he was too small.
I see...If that's the case, then he MUST fight Manny for the good of the sport...end "o" story. I can't believe all the posturing, bad mouthing, and bravado talk from these guys. Get in the ring and fight already!!! Enough of the Horsesh*t talk. Put up or shutup.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #32

Nov 2010

Quote:
I see...If that's the case, then he MUST fight Manny for the good of the sport...end "o" story. I can't believe all the posturing, bad mouthing, and bravado talk from these guys. Get in the ring and fight already!!! Enough of the Horsesh*t talk. Put up or shutup.
Tis true, good sir.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #33

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Agreed. I was just frustrated with this announcement when I read it. Wasn't your first reaction zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz? It certainly was mine.
I think all of us are bummed out at first that Mayweather took the fight with Miguel. Mayweather has been quiet for about a week after he turned down the 50/50 split phone conversation with Pacquiao. Though there were reports that Michael Koncz (Pacquaio's adviser) and Mayweather have spoken several times in person and by phone to set up a match in May. There was a an article or 2 out there that said Koncz reported that Pacquiao was going to give in 45/55 split with winner taking all PPV revenue, but too late now that Mayweather got Cotto to fight.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #34
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Leaf Nation
Canada

This is unbelievable. I know most of you have already seen this but I just saw it...Checkout the sucker punches and then Mayweather in his post fight interview, giving it to an 81 year old Larry Merchant. Love the old boy's response to Floyd.
[Show spoiler]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOU_J...ature=youtu.be

Sucker Punch:
VOHAACA9690GYCA35B48UCAY2P2BXCAE2SYGOCAXN2A1NCAW14WA1CA7YSYMVCAI20GJICAM6903HCAD7X5SECAV9NHKWCAZ.jpg

The Interview:
images.jpg

Last edited by filmnut5; 02-02-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #35
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali
Send a message via Yahoo to CZAR

Quote:
Haha dude, not to burst your bubble, but you don't have to be Jim Lampley to see that Mayweather doesn't seem to want to fight Manny. You just said that I don't know what's going on, so how about you enlighten me. Why haven't they squared off?????
Dude Pac took forever to finally agree to the drug testing from before which held up the previous possible bout. This time around Pac's promoter has been right in the middle acting for Pac as if he is a puppet and he is the real reason these two arent fighting in my opinion. Him & Floyd hate each other, then there is the money situation. I do think if Arum wasnt involved the fight wouldve happened already. I can tell u that May isnt ducking him but u can think what u want! Got Em!!
"Quinton is IN....let the fun BEGIN" - Can't Buy Me Love
Old 02-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #36
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali

Quote:
This is unbelievable. I know most of you have already seen this but I just saw it...Checkout the sucker punches and then Mayweather in his post fight interview, giving it to an 81 year old Larry Merchant. Love the old boy's response to Floyd.
[Show spoiler]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOU_J...ature=youtu.be

Sucker Punch:
Attachment 43562

The Interview:
Attachment 43563
Dude did u watch the whole fight? Did u see what Ortiz did to Mayweather? U need to get up on game man! Got Em!!
Old 02-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #37
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Leaf Nation
Canada

Quote:
Dude did u watch the whole fight? Did u see what Ortiz did to Mayweather? U need to get up on game man! Got Em!!
Dude, the head butt from Ortiz is in the clip provided. I saw it and it was dirty. He was penalized and would have lost the round because of it (as he should of). Did you think that when Ortiz extended his gloves as a genuine apology (leaving himself defenseless), that Floyd was justified in sucker punching him twice?

I'm not questioning his ability as a fighter. He's the #1 rank for a reason. I question his character or lack there of.....He's a ROTTEN human being.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #38
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Leaf Nation
Canada

Quote:
Him & Floyd hate each other
Precisely why they need to fight. It would be Great for the sport and the fans. They're both gazillionaires by now so how about a 60/40 split on the payout (60 to the winner, 40 to the loser) and let the slugfest commence.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #39
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali

Quote:
Dude, the head butt from Ortiz is in the clip provided. I saw it and it was dirty. He was penalized and would have lost the round because of it (as he should of). Did you think that when Ortiz extended his gloves as a genuine apology (leaving himself defenseless), that Floyd was justified in sucker punching him twice?

I'm not questioning his ability as a fighter. He's the #1 rank for a reason. I question his character or lack there of.....He's a ROTTEN human being.
To answer your question yes Floyd was justified to knock that dirty punk out and a lot of people actually agreed about this especially experts. The ref said time in and he also said lets go. Its not Mayweather's fault Ortiz tried to apologize hundred times because he knew how dirty he was. What Floyd did was legal and justified. Got Em!!

Quote:
Precisely why they need to fight. It would be Great for the sport and the fans. They're both gazillionaires by now so how about a 60/40 split on the payout (60 to the winner, 40 to the loser) and let the slugfest commence.

No Arum & Floyd hate each other. Got Em!!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #40
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Leaf Nation
Canada

Quote:
To answer your question yes Floyd was justified to knock that dirty punk out and a lot of people actually agreed about this especially experts. The ref said time in and he also said lets go. Its not Mayweather's fault Ortiz tried to apologize hundred times because he knew how dirty he was. What Floyd did was legal and justified. Got Em!!

No Arum & Floyd hate each other. Got Em!!
Jim Lampley and Larry Merchant didn't agree. While they acknowledged it's legality, they also felt it was as unsportsmanlike as the headbutt. When Merchant questioned Floyd about it, he flipped out on the 81 year old. Too bad the old boy didn't crease Floyd's forehead with his mic. I didn't hear "a lot of people actually agree about this". They must have been drowned out by the overwhelming majority of people who were BOOING what he had done.

Let's be honest. All of the boxers probably hate him.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports