COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Noah (Blu-ray)
$17.99
House of Bodies (Blu-ray)
$13.48
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
To Love Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Les MisÚrables (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Endeavour: Series 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.69
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Samurai Bride: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Revolution: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$17.96
The Last Unicorn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Divergent (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Napoleon Dynamite (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 01-24-2012, 03:19 AM   #41
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

I think I'm answering my own question here, but I remember reading somewhere that the running time of Titanic might not be possible for 15/70 presentation - I'm thinking this will only be a IMAX-Digital release (but I could be wrong)
Old 01-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #42

Jan 2012

Hmm, well I saw Avatar in a 15/70 traditional 8 storey type IMAX theatre (extremely impressive way to see it btw), so are those all digital? I was under the impression I was watching film tbh because it was a massive screen and there was no pixels visible, which I can sometimes make out in digital IMAX, but who knows.
Active: 120 inch Optoma HD33 DLP FullHD 3D Projector
Passive: 27 inch LG 3D TV
Old 01-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #43
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jack View Post
Hmm, well I saw Avatar in a 15/70 traditional 8 storey type IMAX theatre (extremely impressive way to see it btw), so are those all digital? I was under the impression I was watching film tbh because it was a massive screen and there was no pixels visible, which I can sometimes make out in digital IMAX, but who knows.
will i miss anything if i dont see it in IMAX? I am only asking becouse the cinema i go to has no IMAX screens
What are you? I'm Batman
Old 01-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #44

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliefan View Post
will i miss anything if i dont see it in IMAX? I am only asking becouse the cinema i go to has no IMAX screens
Well it sounds like you will miss the wider 1.78:1 3D print, as the suggestion seems to be regular theaters (RealD) will have a 2.35:1 3D print, but I'd wait till closer to the time to confirm that.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #45

Sep 2011

What could have been and should have been a great historical Drama based on truth was turned into a cheap chick flick im sorry but i hated this film before and why would i wanna see it in 3d...
Old 01-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #46

Sep 2011

oh yeah and if i have to hear that stupid Celine Dion song one more time i think im gonna puke
Old 01-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #47
Special Member

Oct 2007

Saw the 3d trailer for this before Underworld (on Imax) and have to say it was quite disappointing. I don't know if it was poorly projected or what, but most shots did not look 3d at all, and the few that did only did because I was looking really hard for something 3d, they didn't really stand out.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #48
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cplhicks View Post
Saw the 3d trailer for this before Underworld (on Imax) and have to say it was quite disappointing. I don't know if it was poorly projected or what, but most shots did not look 3d at all, and the few that did only did because I was looking really hard for something 3d, they didn't really stand out.

did you check out the 3D trailer for Star Wars Episode I - there's no dimensionality to speak of, very very disappointing. The 3D trailer I saw of Titanic though utterly floored me.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:07 AM   #49

Apr 2011
Upstate New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
did you check out the 3D trailer for Star Wars Episode I - there's no dimensionality to speak of, very very disappointing. The 3D trailer I saw of Titanic though utterly floored me.
I agree with you! Star Wars looks like a complete flat, dull, soft mess on the trailer I saw. Titanic looked just the opposite! It almost looked like it was shot in 3d!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:20 AM   #50
Power Member

Mar 2010

I'll wait for the bluray, there's no way I'd watch this in the cinema again it's too freakin long!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:02 AM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible View Post
I'll wait for the bluray, there's no way I'd watch this in the cinema again it's too freakin long!
I think Cameron is one of the few director's who make three hour movies go by rather quickly
Old 01-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
I think Cameron is one of the few director's who make three hour movies go by rather quickly
Unless it's Avatar. Then it's blue hell.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #53
Power Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Really cos I felt every minute of Titanic and Avatar. I don't like long films in the cinema, my bladder can't take it and the chairs are too uncomfortable. I'd rather lay on the couch at home!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #54
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible View Post
You never no what your missing
What are you? I'm Batman
Old 01-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #55
Special Member

Oct 2007

Quote:
They didn't run the Star Wars trailer, which I thought was pretty stupid seeing as how it's out really soon. Hopefully the Titanic thing was just badly projected, because what I saw was extremely weak, especially when compared to the other 3d trailers they showed (like Journey 2-- don't know about the movie but some of the 3d really popped)
Old 01-26-2012, 02:00 AM   #56
Expert Member

Jun 2010
CA

I thought the 3D looked really good, with some starlingly close to natively made shots. I really wish I could see the Phantom Menace trailer again. The only time I saw it on the big screen in 3d was when it was attached to 3 Musketeers. Went by way to quick for me to judge :l
Old 02-19-2012, 01:33 AM   #57
Banned

Feb 2012

Did anyone ever find out what prints are being shown in IMAX vs Real3D showings?

I was a huge fan of this film growing up. It did lead me to get interested in the actual ship, which resulted in me buying books, vintage newspapers, transcripts, etc. I even have 2nd class dinner plates that were on the ship and coal. I've went to the Titanic Expos a few times as well. I guess you could say I'm a big Robert Ballard fan too.

That said, I am looking forward to going "back to Titanic" this April. I hope they have a special showing starting at 11PM on April 14th, 2011. That would be lovely to go honor those lost and changed 100 years ago. One of our speciality theaters will probably do something like that. /total nerd
Old 03-20-2012, 03:21 AM   #58
Power Member

Sep 2008
Australia

For people that discussed earlier in the thread there will be 70/15 prints because IMAX Sydney that only has the 70mm projectors will be showing this movie.
You can't spell film without ILM - Industrial Light & Magic
Old 03-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #59

Jan 2012

So anyway, because I've gone 3D-crazy, I bought a second 3D monitor for my computer, a passive LG 27 incher to complement my active shutter projector. One benefit is that I can view these trailers in Youtube in full quality SBS 3D and I have to say Titanic looks pretty decent, it's not Sammy but there is healthy degree of layering and it looks better than Star Wars in this respect.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #60

Oct 2011
Montreal,Canada

i can't stand this goddamn movie. I remember when it came out all the girls i knew wanted to f*** leo di caprio. that pissed me off too....Now to the 3d part hmmm well generallly speaking, i have yet to see an epic post conversion that stands out. post conversions are so flatttt
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies