Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Gershwins' Porgy & Bess (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Patema Inverted (Blu-ray)
$22.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #81
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008

Well I presume that most of the titles wouldn't be available in good enough condition for HD. And as for including them in SD, they're including a few astronomy related ones but presumably they want people to keep buying the DVD set.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #82

Oct 2011
San Francisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrock View Post
I had pre-ordered the Air album on iTunes, and it came with a download for the color print w/Air soundtrack. It is really well done, both the restoration, and the soundtrack. I was very impressed with both. It only ran me $7.99 as well (Not sure if it was just a sale for the pre-order or not though, it may be more expensive now.)
The iTunes copy of the movie is filled with interlacing artifacts and is a horrible frame rate. If you watch the DVD version after, its like they restored the iTunes version.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #83

Jan 2012
Sunset Blvd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezpekt View Post
Is the French release even happening? Blu-ray.com is the only site that's reporting it and the product image displayed here is actually George Melies DVD set released by Studio Canal in November.
Didn't Flicker Alley say that they are only licensed to do a Region 1 blu-ray so I don't think there will be a French release. I haven't heard of one anywhere. I think I am going to pre-order it. They said that there will only be like around 3000 copies which I guess is another reason why its a little pricey but the value will go up over time. I don't want to regret not getting it down the road.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #84

Jan 2012
Sunset Blvd.

Also I'm curious. Will this be the oldest movie to ever be put on blu-ray? I know the Astronomers Dream was made around 1895.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #85

Nov 2008
Berkeley, CA

With all the fanfare about Hugo... will this release do well with the buying public? Is anyone here planning on getting the steelbook edition?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:52 AM   #86
Banned

Dec 2009
???

Just preordered after watching hugo
Old 02-29-2012, 02:04 AM   #87

Jan 2012
Sunset Blvd.

I preordered seconds after the Amazon.com preorder went up fearing it would sell out.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:55 AM   #88
Power Member

Aug 2010

I've been watching the Flicker Alley Mlies DVD set, and it's exactly what I want picture quality is great. No need for the bluray.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #89

Jul 2009
Nothern New Jersey, or as the locals call it "Sopranos Country USA"
Send a message via AIM to Mac Norton

By sheer coincidence, I had recently seen The Artist and was looking for additional silent films on Blu. I saw a news item for this release and decided to pre-order it for myself and a buddy of mine who had a birthday coming up.

It wasn't until later that I found out Air was involved and that this release would be somewhat limited. I am pretty excited for the release. It has been close to 10 years since I have seen the film.
"So do you have any other super powers besides your teeth?"
Old 03-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #90

Jan 2012
Sunset Blvd.

Amazon has delayed their release date to April 10th. Does anyone know why they are delaying it?
Old 03-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #91
Banned

Dec 2009
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by gill08 View Post
Amazon has delayed their release date to April 10th. Does anyone know why they are delaying it?
probably its because they wont get the shipment in time,kinda glad because march is an expensive march for me
Old 03-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #92
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

I would be very interested in buying this if it was Region Free. based on the blog entry, it seems to me that Flicker Alley puts great care in their releases
Old 03-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #93
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnds500 View Post
I would be very interested in buying this if it was Region Free. based on the blog entry, it seems to me that Flicker Alley puts great care in their releases
They've already announce it won't be region free
Old 03-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #94
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicsounds View Post
They've already announce it won't be region free
I know. That's why I said "if". As I said, I've already read the blog entry
Old 03-05-2012, 01:56 AM   #95
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by gill08 View Post
That's now the official release date from Flicker Alley - April 10.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:52 AM   #96
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboisvert View Post
yet according to my credit card statement Flicker has already charged my credit card - ummm, is it that common for them to do this so far in advance?
Old 03-05-2012, 06:07 AM   #97

Dec 2010
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
yet according to my credit card statement Flicker has already charged my credit card - ummm, is it that common for them to do this so far in advance?
When you placed your order, you should have received an e-mail from Flicker Alley saying they would be charging your card far in advance. They also had an opt out if you didn't want the early charge.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #98
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
You should have received this email within minutes of ordering:

Dear Flicker Alley Customer,

Thank you very much for your interest ordering the A TRIP TO THE MOON IN COLOR & THE EXTRAORDINARY VOYAGE BD/DVD Combo Limited SteelBook edition.

Please note that this is a "pre-release" item order and that the item, although charged to your account now, will not ship until on or before the release date of Tuesday, April 10, 2012. If you do not wish your card to be charged now, please send a message to info@flickeralley.com and we will be happy to refund your order.

Orders will be shipped with free Media Mail shipping to any US address. All other shipping options for international shipments will remain the same.

Thank you very much for your business!

Sincerely,
The Flicker Alley Team
Old 03-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #99
Power Member

Aug 2010

I've been doling out bits of the Melies box set to myself like ice cream every evening. Last night I watched a film from 1904 where an explorer took every form of transportation... Dirigible, automobile, submarine, etc... To travel to the sun. I've never seen anything like it. The 5 disk set (and the single disk Encore) are a revelation. I have new respect for Melies. Beautiful hand colored prints that look fantastic projected.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #100

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboisvert View Post
Hm... Where did you see that the official release date has changed? I don't see anything about it on their site or their Twitter feed. And I haven't gotten any further email from them since my pre-order confirmation came, which said that March 27th is the release date. Weird that they wouldn't publicize a change like that, or at least notify those who had already pre-ordered.

I mean, not that it really matters, I'll get it when I get it, I'd just like to have some idea of when to expect it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America