Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Moebius (Blu-ray)
$17.97
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
One Star 2 0.66%
Two Stars 2 0.66%
Three Stars 20 6.58%
Four Stars 127 41.78%
Five Stars 153 50.33%
Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #61
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Rocky mountain Frontrange

I'd say we call it...

"Humans, get of my damn porch"

Anyway, have they started principle shooting yet? I just watched Rise last night, and I was amazed at this film.
If you are violent you are weak, for violence has no mind.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #62
Special Member

Dec 2010
Default Repost due to the crash

New title "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes,"
Release date set for Memorial Day 2014
Quote:
The sequel to Rise of the Planet of the Apes not only has a release date it but now has a fantastic title. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes will hit theaters on Memorial Day, May 23rd, 2014. Rise director Rupert Wyatt is thankfully returning to helm the follow-up, and he previously talked at length about his ideas for further entries in the franchise. Contagion and The Bourne Ultimatum scribe Scott Z. Burns is writing the screenplay, and I’m incredibly eager to see Wyatt and star Andy Serkis continue the Apes saga.
Source
Original Source
Old 06-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #63
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2007
Club Loop

I dont mean to be "That" guy, but wouldnt a "Dawn" of something technically occur before it "Rises"?

Still stoked for another film though.
Because Calamari Marionette Ph.D sounded pompous, that's why.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #64
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Nashua, NH

Not if it's the next day.
TV: Vizio E371VL
BD player: Insignia NS-BRDVD3
Sound Bar: Vizio VSB200
Old 06-13-2012, 12:32 AM   #65
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Billings, MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidPuppet View Post
I dont mean to be "That" guy, but wouldnt a "Dawn" of something technically occur before it "Rises"?

Still stoked for another film though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
Not if it's the next day.
".....because it's a circle." - Chuck & Larry.
Member formerly known as ed4246.

"That A$$ is a higher truth." - Adventureland.

Panasonic TH58PZ750 Plasma TV
Panasonic DMPBD30K BR Player
Integra DTR-7.8 reciever
Def Tech Bipolar BP7006, Procenter 2000, Supercube 3 with surround speakers
Old 09-18-2012, 02:23 AM   #66
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA
Default 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes'

Quote:
Is Director Rupert Wyatt Leaving DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES?

Although the release date is more than 18 months away, it looks like director Rupert Wyatt may be stepping away from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Wyatt directed the 2011 reboot/prequel, Rise of the Planet of the Apes and was expected to return for multiple sequels along with star Andy Serkis. Now, reports are coming out that Wyatt is exiting the production with the explanation that he doesn’t feel comfortable making the expected release date of May 23, 2014. Hit the jump for much more, including what this move means for the future of the sequel and for Wyatt’s career.

Deadline reports that Wyatt may be exiting Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, but Fox has declined to comment. If Wyatt’s explanation is to be believed, his departure would be similar to that of director Gary Ross when he opted not to direct The Hunger Games: Catching Fire due to the studio’s time constraint, even after the first film’s phenomenal success. Wyatt was certainly a major component to the success of Rise of the Planet of the Apes, but much like Ross’s situation, we will have to wait until the sequel comes out before we can say whether the directors were integral to the quality of the films or if it was just a rabid fan base for both properties that drove up the box office numbers.

Without Wyatt, Fox will be on the hunt for a director to step in quickly. The franchise is too important to waste any time and the studio is already reportedly satisfied with the script turned in by Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver. The follow-up film should see the apes taking over the world and possibly talking, which the screenwriters talked about briefly.

Don’t feel too bad for Wyatt if he leaves the production. He’s also attached to direct Agent 13 for Universal with Charlize Theron starring. He may now be able to revisit Londongrad, which was to star Michael Fassbender as former KGB spy Alexander Litvinenko, who was poisoned with Polonium-210 back in 2006.
Source
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell/Instagram: pj_campbell/Podcast: Reel Film Chatter
Old 09-18-2012, 02:31 AM   #67
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Nashua, NH

Between this and the screenwriters of Transformers involved, I've pretty much lost all initial interest.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:53 AM   #68
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Glad someone found the old thread. It wasn't coming up when I searched. Thank you, mods.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Old 09-18-2012, 02:57 AM   #69
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")™
Thumbs down

It isn't OFFICIAL he's leaving - It says "maybe" 2-3 times, so who knows right NOW.

Either way, it's 18 months away & he's worried about not making the date??
* Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles/11 Yrs!! (02-13) *

POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!" ™
* TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's *
ONKYO TX-NR838 DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
* BLU-RAYS: 945 *
Old 09-18-2012, 04:16 AM   #70
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

I hope Wyatt returns...his direction in Rise was superb.
First, ye rubs something furry t'get a charge...then ye picks yer target...!

Selling 3D discs for The Wolverine and Captain America: The Winter Soldier for $17 combined or for possible trade.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:34 AM   #71
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
San Antonio

Its about time for a sequel. I loved the first film.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #72
Banned

Jul 2007
Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
Between this and the screenwriters of Transformers involved, I've pretty much lost all initial interest.
Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver didn't write Transformers. Neither did Scott Z. Burns. So you can resume interest.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #73
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Nashua, NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by retablo View Post
Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver didn't write Transformers. Neither did Scott Z. Burns. So you can resume interest.
Must've got it confused with the Amazing Spider-Man sequel. I was thinking of them getting the guy who wrote Contagion.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #74
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Matt Reeves Off ‘The Twilight Zone;’ Now Leads Studio Short List For ‘Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes’ With Guillermo Del Toro, Jeff Nichols, Rian Johnson and Others

For about a year now, Let Me In and Cloverfield director Matt Reeves has been attached to a new theatrical film based on The Twilight Zone. It was just one of several projects on the director’s plate and certainly the most high profile. In that time, multiple writers had been tasked with writing a screenplay but, with nare a greenlight in sight after a year, it seems Reeves has decided to move on. He will no longer direct Warner Bros. new Twilight Zone movie.

Instead, he’s now become the frontrunner to replace Rupert Wyatt as the director of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Also on the short list behind Reeves: J Blakeson (The Disappearance of Alice Creed), Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (28 Weeks Later), Jeff Nichols (Take Shelter), Guillermo del Toro (Hellboy), Juan Antonio Bayona (The Impossible) and Rian Johnson (Looper). Read more after the jump.

Variety reported on Reeves’ departure from The Twilight Zone, citing “scheduling conflicts” and state that Warner Bros. has placed an “open director assignment” on the film meaning it’s wide open to the rest of Hollywood. They also reported on his new interest in the Apes sequel and Deadline added to the report as well.

Let’s start with Twilight Zone. While “scheduling conflicts” are likely the official reason, odds are those “scheduling conflicts” came from the fact that after a year of development and multiple versions of the screenplay, no one could piece together an idea that Warner Bros. was ready to make. Maybe that means the proposed budgets were too high or maybe they ideas just weren’t good enough. Either way, it’s likely that after all that time Reeves finally decided to concentrate on something else.

That something else, it seems, might have been the sequel to Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, which recently had its director leave. Wyatt left, however, because he didn’t think he could hit the release date 20th Century Fox has placed on the film: ay May 23, 2014. According to Deadline, Reeves is the #1 name on their short list which seems like a good enough reason to abandon the other franchise.

As for the other names on the short list, I’d imagine could end up in play if Reeves passes. (Meetings are reportedly happening very soon.) That is, except for Del Toro, a total pipe dream as he has Pacific Rim currently deep in post-production.

If Reeves passes on Apes, he’d have plenty of other options. . He’s also been developing, or at least has had his name attached to, the zombie apocalypse film The Passage, the Frankenstein film This Dark Endeavor, a new take on the They Live short story and also signed a TV deal with 20th Century Fox just last week. That deal was certainly a major factor in him leaving Twilight Zone but Apes surely factored in too.

Are you sad to see Reeves leave Twilight Zone? Is he the right man for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes?
Source
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Old 10-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #75
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2009
Rio Rancho, NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
....another Del Toro sighting! lol
PSN: SirMontyPython

"I fart in your general direction..."
Old 10-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #76
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
UK

Comingsoon.net confirm Matt reeves as director of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

A brilliant choice (if they couldn't get Wyatt back). He's great with handling big SFX stuff but directs with an intelligent and sure-handed style. He'll fit the film perfectly.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #77
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2009
Rio Rancho, NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Ackerman View Post
Comingsoon.net confirm Matt reeves as director of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

A brilliant choice (if they couldn't get Wyatt back). He's great with handling big SFX stuff but directs with an intelligent and sure-handed style. He'll fit the film perfectly.
I'm glad, I like Matt Reeves as director!

Old 10-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #78
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Ackerman View Post

Great news! Glad to see Reeves has gotten the chance to do this. I'm now even more excited for this one than I was before. I'll miss Wyatt, but Reeves is the next best thing.
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Old 10-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #79
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2009
Rio Rancho, NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
Great news! Glad to see Reeves has gotten the chance to do this. I'm now even more excited for this one than I was before. I'll miss Wyatt, but Reeves is the next best thing.
You could have just agreed with me!

Old 10-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #80
Special Member

Dec 2010

THE WOLVERINE Scribe Mark Bomback to Rewrite DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES
Quote:

The Rise of the Planet of the Apes sequel got a new director a few weeks ago, and now the project is getting a new writer. Mark Bomback (The Wolverine, Total Recall remake) has been brought in to work on the script for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. It’s a bit of a confusing move, as when Matt Reeves (Let Me In) replaced Rise director Rupert Wyatt, all reports noted that the follow-up had an existing script by Rise scribes Amanda Silver and Rick Jaffa that everybody loved.

Bomback isn’t exactly a stranger to the Apes franchise, as he did some uncredited work on Silver and Jaffa’s script for Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Wyatt’s departure coupled with this rewrite news (via Heat Vision) isn’t exactly reassuring, but it’s possible that Reeves has some changes he’d like made and Bomback is being brought in to hone the script more toward Reeves’ vision.

Whatever the case, I sincerely hope things even out in the wash. Rise was a wonderfully pleasant surprise last year and Reeves is an immensely talented filmmaker. Moreover, Andy Serkis (the heart and soul of Rise) is already signed on to return, so all the pieces are in place for a really thoughtful and fun ride. Production is expected to begin next year so that Dawn of the Planet of the Apes can meet its May 23rd, 2014 release date.

Source
Original Source
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies