Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$91.03
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective / Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (Blu-ray)
$9.29
Ghost in the Shell: Arise: Borders 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$25.87
Raw Force (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Juan of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Iron Sky (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Manhunter (Blu-ray)
$7.99
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (only after you have seen it)
One Star 6 1.59%
Two Stars 24 6.37%
Three Stars 76 20.16%
Four Stars 177 46.95%
Five Stars 94 24.93%
Voters: 377. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #3621
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Euless, Texas

definitely hope this movie is good, but a little hard to get excited about this with The Avengers, Prometheus, and TDKR all hitting this summer and what Im looking forward to more.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #3622
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2007
PEI, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcan21 View Post
definitely hope this movie is good, but a little hard to get excited about this with The Avengers, Prometheus, and TDKR all hitting this summer and what Im looking forward to more.
The more the merrier. 2011 and now 2012 is shaping up to be very good on the blockbuster front.
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/binarymellon

PSN: binarymellon
EA Origin Account: binarymelon
Steam Account: binarymelon
Old 03-02-2012, 05:32 AM   #3623
Special Member

Dec 2011
Canton, OH

This thread has been dead for a little while. I guess I'll try to reboot it! (pun intended)

Anyways, I'm definitely looking forward to this film. The newest trailer looked amazing! (pun intended again)

How about a little game. The sequel is being written for 2014. What villain(s) would you like to see?

I would love to see Mysterio. I think he would look incredible on-screen because of his illusions and such. Cinematically it would look amazing. Also, of course I would like to see the introductions of Harry and Norman Osborn, and the intro to JJJ and the Daily Bugle.
Kansas City Chiefs - St. Louis Cardinals - Columbus Blue Jackets - Cleveland Cavaliers
Old 03-02-2012, 06:39 AM   #3624
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Pillars of Creation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehnhart View Post
How about a little game. The sequel is being written for 2014. What villain(s) would you like to see?
Scorpion, Green Goblin (I didn't like 02 version, looked like a Power Ranger villain), Mysterio (If he's done correctly) and Vulture.

But if I were in control of making the sequel the only two (Yes I said two) I would use are the following:
[Show spoiler]

And

[Show spoiler]

To set things up nicely for these last two heavy hitters in the following sequel:

Done right this time.
[Show spoiler]

And

Sorry about the size.
[Show spoiler]
Old 03-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #3625
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Pillars of Creation

[Show spoiler]
Old 03-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #3626
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Farnsworth View Post
Great - Its good to see they have in fact nailed it.

OMG....
Pioneer 5080 KURO
Samsung UN6500 LED
LG BD-570, Sony BDP-S360, PS 3
Toshiba A30 & A2
Sony STRDG-AV 810
Polk TSi 300's, M10's, RM8, PSW110
Harmony 510
Old 03-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #3627
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Great - Its good to see they have in fact nailed it.

OMG....
That wasn't the merchandising I expected.
They say practice makes perfect. They also say no one is perfect. I wish they would make up their minds.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #3628
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2009

Old 03-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #3629
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

I'm not overly excited about it but i'll give it a watch. It may suprise us but the whole web shooters thing and the suit seemed like a negative deviation from raimi's version.

It will be interesting to see them do new villains though. I think this version will have more wise cracks that spidey is known for and thought it was a little bit of a let down with Raimi's.

I wasn't overly fond of toby maguiar as spidey either so i hope garfield can follow the spidey we know from the comics a little better.
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
PSN ID: NARMAK
Old 03-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #3630
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I'm not overly excited about it but i'll give it a watch. It may suprise us but the whole web shooters thing and the suit seemed like a negative deviation from raimi's version.
What's funny to me is that I remember people *****ing and moaning when it was revealed that Raimi had deviated from the comics, and now people are griping about taking it back to its comic book origins.
My featurette on Clive Barker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnIu9fHOUg
Old 03-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #3631
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotpattern View Post
What's funny to me is that I remember people *****ing and moaning when it was revealed that Raimi had deviated from the comics, and now people are griping about taking it back to its comic book origins.
I apologise, a quick look on wikipedia reveals that in FACT the web shooters he creates were mainly used BUT in some versions he shoots from his wrists.

Still not feeling the costume though
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
Old 03-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #3632
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007
Southern California

Quote:
I apologise, a quick look on wikipedia reveals that in FACT the web shooters he creates were mainly used BUT in some versions he shoots from his wrists.
Correct, beginning in 2005 after Raimi introduced it in 2002.
My featurette on Clive Barker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnIu9fHOUg
Old 03-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #3633
Special Member

Dec 2011
Canton, OH

I'm beyond excited about the web shooters. I never liked the organic webs.

The costume at first was questionable, but I'm such a big fan, it has grown on me. I wasn't so sure about the yellow eyes, but the suit looked great in the trailer. The color was really rich, and the yellow eyes has an amazing "glow" to them.

So far I love how this movie looks. The only thing I'm skeptical about is the look of the Lizard. Still hard to judge since we really haven't had a good look of him yet. So I'm going to hold my judgement.

Regardless, I will be seeing this opening day!
Kansas City Chiefs - St. Louis Cardinals - Columbus Blue Jackets - Cleveland Cavaliers
Old 03-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #3634
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011

If Webb and Garfield stick around for a while, I'd love to see the Symbiot be reintroduced to the story as a way to tell it properly. I don't consider the abortion that the studio forced onto Raimi's plate as the real Venom. But I'd want to see non-Goblin/Doc Ock sequels first.
DVD Aficionado - quickdraw_ltd's DVD Collection

Bedroom Theater
Panasonic VIERA TC-L42E3 42-Inch
Sony PlayStation 3 160GB
VIZIO VSB200
Old 03-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #3635
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
-
Send a message via AIM to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotpattern View Post
Correct, beginning in 2005 after Raimi introduced it in 2002.
He didn't have organic webs in much. The Raimi films, the 2003 MTV animated series that followed the first Raimi film, and for a brief time in the comics following the Raimi film.

None of them lasted long before being finished (the films), canceled (the cartoon), or reverting to normal (the comics). I guess there were the video games based on the films too, but that kind of goes without saying, right? I was glad to see them go back to webshooters for Spectacular Spider-man, even after it was obvious that they drew plenty of inspiration from the Raimi films... some of the webslinging action scenes were pretty much rotoscoped straight from the movies.
I need to stop buying so many movies and not getting around to watching them.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #3636
Power Member

Mar 2011

I'm incredibly dubious about this. I think Garfield is a good choice, but seriously do we need to see another origin of Spiderman? No, becuase the first Sam Raimi movie did it well, although a little too seriously. They should've just picked up where the (incredibly bad) 3rd movie left off and made no mention of it.

I just hope that this movie manages to be a bit of fun!
Old 03-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #3637
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I'm incredibly dubious about this. I think Garfield is a good choice, but seriously do we need to see another origin of Spiderman? No, becuase the first Sam Raimi movie did it well, although a little too seriously. They should've just picked up where the (incredibly bad) 3rd movie left off and made no mention of it.

I just hope that this movie manages to be a bit of fun!
I don't mind them going back to the beginning in order to go in a new direction but only time will tell if they excuted it well enough.

Rebooting this way has the advantage of establishing a new continuity and hopefully allowing even more films should it do well enough.

I think they will eventually tread some old ground in the form of venom but i think visiting other characters from Spidermans rouge gallery would be better.
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
Old 03-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #3638
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

3D Animated Poster

Launch PS3 60GB, Launch PS3 Slim 120GB, Launch PS4
Family Room: (TV) Samsung LNT5271; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH; (Speakers) Definitive Technology ProCinema 60 5.1 System
New HT Room: (Projector) JVC RS45; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite SC-35; (Front Speakers) Monitor Audio RX6; (Center) RX Centre; (Side Surround Speakers) Monitor Audio RXFX; (Back Speakers) PSB Image B4 Compact Bookshelf; (Subwoofer) SVS PB12-Plus
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!

Last edited by doctorD; 04-02-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #3639
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008

Quote:
I don't mind them going back to the beginning in order to go in a new direction but only time will tell if they excuted it well enough.

Rebooting this way has the advantage of establishing a new continuity and hopefully allowing even more films should it do well enough.

I think they will eventually tread some old ground in the form of venom but i think visiting other characters from Spidermans rouge gallery would be better.
Exactly. I would love to see Kraven, Scorpion, Hobgoblin, and Carnage(will never happen because of the nature of the character). I mean Spidey has a plethora of enemies to still keep it fresh.
BTW can I buy a Bat Cowl or should I just send you some boxed mac and cheese and some canned beans and we call it even?
-snobird

Jets 1-7 (It's going to be a real long season)

It pays to pay it forward. PM me to learn how to do it with UV and iTunes codes!!
Old 03-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #3640
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

The organic webshooters were an abomination and stripped the character of one his most unique traits, his engineering ability. Anyone that grew up with Spider-Man knew that but I guess it wasn't cool anymore to show Peter as being a smart guy who came up with something on his own instead of the power being handed to him.

One of the most common problems Spidey had in battles was running out web fluid or the shooters getting gummed up. It added a dimension to the character that a lot of superheroes didn't have and made him more human.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies