Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
X-Men Collection (Blu-ray)
$60.58
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.00
Amagami SS: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 02-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #21
Expert Member

Jul 2007
Tulsa, Oklahoma

I have the bdp-52fd which is identical to the 53fd minues the marvell qdeo video processor (which my sc-57 has) and i must say the player is solid as far as playback is concerned. They are constructed extremely well and very fast, but there are definitely troubles that come along with this line of players. Alot of owners have been bashing the SACD playback on the AVS forum (although my small SACD collection has done fine). My main gripe with it has to deal with internet and network functionality.

I have my player hardwired to my network and it connects about 5% of the time. My Pandora account wont work on it either adding to my frustrations. After researching it further I have discovered others are experiencing the same problems and Pioneer has yet to resolve the issues.

With that being said, the lastest blu-rays play on it fine for now, but when it is time for the player to be updated due to the ever changing demands of the studios, I would be very sceptical that Pioneer would be able to keep these players updated on a regular basis. Just my two cents
"I'm the lizard king, I can do anything."
Old 03-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #22

Dec 2009

I just got an oppo and its a piece of crap. Fan kicks in, when searching it buzzes with the precision of a 10.00 portable.

So what is the transport like in this model. Gimme some info on this as I gotta put a stoppo on my oppo.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryverderchki View Post
I just got an oppo and its a piece of crap. Fan kicks in, when searching it buzzes with the precision of a 10.00 portable.

So what is the transport like in this model. Gimme some info on this as I gotta put a stoppo on my oppo.
If you purchase the OPPO BDP-93 it is 100% fanless. Older models like the OPPO BDP-83 used a fan.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:46 AM   #24

Apr 2012

MediaTek chips are great, OPPO MediaTek. I suspect that what you should pay attention to, especially in the Blu-ray. Marvell's excels in DVD and streaming media services.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #25
Power Member

May 2011
Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeshackney View Post
Is it THX certified? Looking for the best THX certified player.
Looks like there is only one Blu-Ray Player that is THX certified. The Pioneer Elite that came out in 2009. Costs a pretty penny too. Really not worth it I guess.
The Onkyo BDS 809 blu ray is THX certified.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #26

Feb 2012
Default Pioneer Elite BDP 53FD For Sale

I have a Pioneer Elite BDP 53FD For Sale, 1 mo. old, about 5-6 dvd's played through it, perfect, looks brand new with original box and packing with all accs. 499.00 MSRP, 350.00 shipped free. ( roadhog03@cox.net )
Old 07-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #27

Jan 2011

So anyone who owns a BDP-53FD/LX55 and wants to share some experience with it? I know it is/was quite buggy but there have been several firmware updates so I would like to know what problems still remain.
The ability to speak does not make one intelligent, now get out of here. - Qui-Gon Jinn

TV: Sony KDL40Z5500 (200 HZ, WCG CCFL, 10 bit colour)
Speakers: Jamo S608 (fronts), Jamo S60 CEN (Center), Jamo S60 SUR (Surrounds), Klipsch RW-12D (Subwoofer), Marantz SR6004 (Receiver)
Blu-ray player: Pioneer BDP-LX55
Game console: PS3 60GB (launch model with SACD).
Old 07-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #28

Jan 2011

I also posted this on the AVS forum but I hope someone can help me with this:

I received the Pioneer BDP-LX55 yesterday but.. I'm barely getting a video/audio signal? It either constantly tries to send video/audio (tv shows it gets a signal and then it cuts of again in a matter of seconds, ditto for my receiver) or it simply does nothing. I've tried numerous times to switch the inputs on the tv/receiver and change between single/seperate in order to get a connection but 90% of the time my efforts are in vain. Yes 90%, as it has worked with DVD-A, SACD and Blu ray. But then I press stop and I lose the signal.

Setup is seperate, hooked up to my receiver (Marantz SR6004) and tv (Sony KDL40Z5500) with 2 HDMI 1.4 cables. I've also tried a single connection to no avail. Also tried to use different HDMI cables with the same result. I've switched off all the internet capabilities, Deep Colour is off. Resolution is set at 1080p.

It seems that every time it changes the signal I lose it. If I can get the Pioneer menu to be displayed when I put in a disc, it shows the loading screen and then I lose the image/audio as it goes to the menu of the disc (display shows ROOT or TOP).

Anyone have a idea by what this is caused and whether this is caused by my unit or is it something in my setup/settings? The only thing I can think of is a very heavy HDMI handshake problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.
The ability to speak does not make one intelligent, now get out of here. - Qui-Gon Jinn

TV: Sony KDL40Z5500 (200 HZ, WCG CCFL, 10 bit colour)
Speakers: Jamo S608 (fronts), Jamo S60 CEN (Center), Jamo S60 SUR (Surrounds), Klipsch RW-12D (Subwoofer), Marantz SR6004 (Receiver)
Blu-ray player: Pioneer BDP-LX55
Game console: PS3 60GB (launch model with SACD).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders