COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
3 Days to Kill (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$20.98
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Divergent (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Legend of Korra - Book Two: Spirits (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Code:Breaker: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.80
Under the Skin (Blu-ray)
$17.89
Sharks 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Old 02-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #1421

May 2011
Where I'm at.

I thought some might like to know that I asked Disney if they sold replacement cases and this was their reply:

"Thank you for your e-mail. We are happy to let you know that o-sleeves, wraps, and cases can be purchased for a nominal charge. The cost for these items in a single shipment is $3.95 for the first item, and $1.00 for each additional item.

If you would like to purchase an o-sleeve, wrap, or case, you may send $3.95 (add $1.00 for each additional item) to our Consumer Relations Department to cover shipping and handling for these items. To take advantage of this offer, a check or money order (made payable to WDSHE Consumer Relations) along with a letter of intent should be sent to:

WDSHE Consumer Relations
PO Box 3100
Neenah, WI 54957-3100

If you need further information or have any other questions please contact us at 1-800-723-4763, Mondays 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST.

Thank you,

Walt Disney Studios Distribution Technical Support"
Old 02-14-2012, 04:24 AM   #1422
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Swapped out the green cases from The Incredible Hulk:

Old 02-14-2012, 04:32 AM   #1423
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imrahil2001 View Post
What's an "o-sleeve"? Sounds like a sexual device.
Their way of saying "slipcover".
Old 02-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #1424
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Orange Park, FL

Those black and green cases look beautiful.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #1425
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
We both used black cases for I Saw the Devil

If I didn't have slips for Fight Club and Evil Dead 2 I would probably use black cases too. Looks good.
Where can you order the black cases? Are there multi-disc case options?
Old 02-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #1426

Nov 2008
Default 4 disc case

Why don't discmakers.com sell 4-disc cases?

Just venting.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #1427

Jan 2012
Pennsylvania

Was wondering where I could find good quality blu-ray cases, discmakers.com won out. I love how I can find everything on these forums
Old 02-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #1428

Sep 2010
Northern NJ

Thanks all for this thread. I picked up 50 x 6mm slim Blu-ray cases from Meritline + 10 double cases. This + used blockbuster blu's for $1.99 each = win!
Panasonic 50" TC-P50S60 plasma calibrated
Panasonic 42" TC-P42S2 plasma calibrated
Sony 32" KDL-32EX400 LCD calibrated
HTPC+Sony S5100 to Sony CT150 to Panasonic P55VT60, Phillips BDP3020 to Panasonic P50S60
Old 02-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #1429
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchow View Post
Why don't discmakers.com sell 4-disc cases?

Just venting.
Since discmakers only sells in increments of 25 there may not be enough demand to sell the 4-6 disc cases. You could always send them an email or give them a call and request that they carry them ... you never known they just might.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #1430

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
Since discmakers only sells in increments of 25 there may not be enough demand to sell the 4-6 disc cases. You could always send them an email or give them a call and request that they carry them ... you never known they just might.
That is WRONG!!!! I too thought it was only 25 because of the info on the site. When you are on the screen of the elite case. Just manually change the quanity and click add to cart.and it shows the quantity you want.

For example I selected one order of Viva Elite cases. and change the quanity before you click "Add to Cart. If you forget to and you just click add to cart you can still change the quanity. For example, once you view your cart just manually change the desired # of cases you want more or less than 25, update the cart, and your new total will show up. I did this a few times to see how much more or less I would have to pay depending on the quantity from 30 to 40. You can even ask for 37 cases if you wanted to. When the cases arrived, I had 2 boxes. The first box had 25 cases. The second box had 15 cases and some bubble wrap to take up the rest of the space of the box so the cases wouldn't slide around given it was a full order. I paid 22 bucks I belive for 40 cases.

Remember the site says each case runs about 30 cents each I believe, but they probably put 25 cases by default to send a full box out.

Last edited by chamillionaire; 02-20-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #1431
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamillionaire View Post
That is WRONG!!!! I too thought it was only 25 because of the info on the site. When you are on the screen and it shows the quantity you want. Just manually delete "25" out of the quanity box and type in the # you want.

For example I selected one order of Viva Elite cases. If I remember correctly, when I went to my cart it showed one order of 25 cases. Again 25 shows up by default. I changed the # to 40, updated the cart, and my new total showed up. I did this a few times to see how much more or less I would have to pay depending on the quantity from 30 to 40. You can even ask for 37 cases if you wanted to. When the cases arrived, I had 2 boxes. The first box had 25 cases. The second box had 15 cases and some bubble wrap to take up the rest of the space of the box so the cases wouldn't slide around given it was a full order. I paid 22 bucks I belive for 40 cases.

Remember the site says each case runs about 30 cents each I believe, but they probably put 25 cases by default to send a full box out.
I see they've since updated their checkout cart. They still restrict you to a minimum order of 25 cases but the cart seems to allow changes to the quantity in between 25-50 (for example); this might be an unintended consequence though. The cases are already prepackaged in 25 or 100 case boxes and previously they didn't want to crack a box to sell odd lots. The web page still makes reference to "Shipping Quantity: 25 and 100pc Boxes" too.

Either way, my previous comment probably still stands since the demand for 25+ 4-6 disc cases is probably much lower than is the demand for the 1-3 disc cases. 3 discs cases are much more popular now with the inclusion of a BD+DVD+DC but not so much for 4-6 disc cases.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #1432

Jul 2011
SoCal, United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
Where can you order the black cases? Are there multi-disc case options?
I too would like to know where one could purchase black blu-ray cases. I'd love to buy a bunch of them for all of my horror blu-rays!
Old 02-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #1433
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
Minneapolis, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly_platinum View Post
just got a couple of lack cases in

[Show spoiler]
sweet man! are those black cases available for purchase in bulk? if so, show me where.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #1434
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaati64 View Post
I too would like to know where one could purchase black blu-ray cases. I'd love to buy a bunch of them for all of my horror blu-rays!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Lee View Post
sweet man! are those black cases available for purchase in bulk? if so, show me where.
They're buying them from a South Korean seller on eBay for $0.99 + $4.99 S&H per case. The cost is pretty steep when you're paying $4.99 to ship only one case. Previous members have asked the seller if they could buy in bulk and the answer had been no.

The buyer does have one Buy-It-Now listing with 3 cases available but the per item cost is raised to $1.99 and S&H for the 3 cases is $14.37.

Last edited by rdodolak; 02-20-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #1435

Jul 2011
SoCal, United States

Quote:
They're buying them from a South Korean seller on eBay for $0.99 + $4.99 S&H per case. The cost is pretty step when you're paying $4.99 to ship only one case. Previous members have asked the seller if they could buy in bulk and the answer had been no.

The buyer does have one Buy-It-Now listing with 3 cases available but the per item cost is raised to $1.99 and S&H for the 3 cases $14.37.

Awesome! Thanks! A bit on the steep side, but nothing but the best for my blu-ray collection haha
Old 02-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #1436

Jun 2011

Quote:
I see they've since updated their checkout cart. They still restrict you to a minimum order of 25 cases but the cart seems to allow changes to the quantity in between 25-50 (for example); this might be an unintended consequence though. The cases are already prepackaged in 25 or 100 case boxes and previously they didn't want to crack a box to sell odd lots. The web page still makes reference to "Shipping Quantity: 25 and 100pc Boxes" too.

Either way, my previous comment probably still stands since the demand for 25+ 4-6 disc cases is probably much lower than is the demand for the 1-3 disc cases. 3 discs cases are much more popular now with the inclusion of a BD+DVD+DC but not so much for 4-6 disc cases.
All I know is I just ordered 40 more 1 disc cases to split between me and my boy since we been going to blockbuster alot and I tend to replace some of those eco-friendly cases that studios package their movies in the other da which went through. I paid about 22 bucks again and they should arrive tomorrow. I played with the option today and I changed "25" to 40 before I added them to my cart and it worked. I also kept the default "25" and clicked add to cart and then changed the quanitiy to 40 and it still worked and changed the cost to 22 bucks. I see what you are saying with keeping it 25 so they can just ship a box. However, at the same time they do allow you the option to manually change the quanitity and yes if you do they really will just send you a box and a half of blurays for example if you order 40 like myself. It's almost like the company is like "Hey we would rather you order 25 so we can just send a full box, but if you order more or less than 25 then we will still honor your order lol".

I do wish they and other companies had a glossy black case because they would match some of the titles in my collection, just like green or orange. I'm sure more colors will become available and be offered at a good price whenever they come out and are available everywhere. Saw that seller from Korea and say no way to that price...
Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #1437
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamillionaire View Post
All I know is I just ordered 40 more 1 disc cases to split between me and my boy since we been going to blockbuster alot and I tend to replace some of those eco-friendly cases that studios package their movies in the other da which went through. I paid about 22 bucks again and they should arrive tomorrow. I played with the option today and I changed "25" to 40 before I added them to my cart and it worked. I also kept the default "25" and clicked add to cart and then changed the quanitiy to 40 and it still worked and changed the cost to 22 bucks. I see what you are saying with keeping it 25 so they can just ship a box. However, at the same time they do allow you the option to manually change the quanitity and yes if you do they really will just send you a box and a half of blurays for example if you order 40 like myself. It's almost like the company is like "Hey we would rather you order 25 so we can just send a full box, but if you order more or less than 25 then we will still honor your order lol".

I do wish they and other companies had a glossy black case because they would match some of the titles in my collection, just like green or orange. I'm sure more colors will become available and be offered at a good price whenever they come out and are available everywhere. Saw that seller from Korea and say no way to that price...
It's odd that the system allows you to purchase cases in increments of 1 above 25 but not allow anything less than 25. The labor to repackage and ship 26 should really be no different than 24, etc. It also allows you to do the same for the DVD cases even though those specifically say "Sold in 100-count cartons." or "Sold in 216-count cartons." I'm trying to remember if the old cart system would even allow you to add off increment numbers to the cart.

If you try to add less than 25 it gives you the following error message: "The quantity you have entered is invalid (below the minimum or above the maximum quantity). For further help, please call 800-468-9353. Please enter a numeric value." If you add the minimum to your cart and then try to change the quantity to below the minimum it reverts back to the minimum quantity.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #1438
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Quote:
They're buying them from a South Korean seller on eBay for $0.99 + $4.99 S&H per case. The cost is pretty steep when you're paying $4.99 to ship only one case. Previous members have asked the seller if they could buy in bulk and the answer had been no.

The buyer does have one Buy-It-Now listing with 3 cases available but the per item cost is raised to $1.99 and S&H for the 3 cases is $14.37.
Yeah, that's what the seller told me, that they would lose money for anything less, but now they've raised the price higher! Looks like they've noticed more of a demand.

Before I posted pics/where I was getting them I was the only one bidding on them. Now I can't even get a single one for $5 anymore
Old 02-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #1439
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Swapped out the case from The Human Centipede to Adaptation (originally from The Incredible Hulk):

Old 02-22-2012, 01:33 AM   #1440

Jun 2011

Quote:
It's odd that the system allows you to purchase cases in increments of 1 above 25 but not allow anything less than 25. The labor to repackage and ship 26 should really be no different than 24, etc. It also allows you to do the same for the DVD cases even though those specifically say "Sold in 100-count cartons." or "Sold in 216-count cartons." I'm trying to remember if the old cart system would even allow you to add off increment numbers to the cart.

If you try to add less than 25 it gives you the following error message: "The quantity you have entered is invalid (below the minimum or above the maximum quantity). For further help, please call 800-468-9353. Please enter a numeric value." If you add the minimum to your cart and then try to change the quantity to below the minimum it reverts back to the minimum quantity.
I may have mistakenly wrote some wrong info but I meant I only played with the numbers after "25". I never typed in a number lower than 25. I only assumed that since they are about 30 something cents a case you could order less than 15. However, if you wanted more than 25 but less than 50, you can order any # in between. I just typed in 26 cases and it worked. I wouldn't have any need for the cases if I wasn't buying from blockbuster often.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America