Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$20.19
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 02-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #1461

Jul 2011
SoCal, United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
They're buying them from a South Korean seller on eBay for $0.99 + $4.99 S&H per case. The cost is pretty step when you're paying $4.99 to ship only one case. Previous members have asked the seller if they could buy in bulk and the answer had been no.

The buyer does have one Buy-It-Now listing with 3 cases available but the per item cost is raised to $1.99 and S&H for the 3 cases $14.37.

Awesome! Thanks! A bit on the steep side, but nothing but the best for my blu-ray collection haha
Old 02-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #1462

Jun 2011

Quote:
I see they've since updated their checkout cart. They still restrict you to a minimum order of 25 cases but the cart seems to allow changes to the quantity in between 25-50 (for example); this might be an unintended consequence though. The cases are already prepackaged in 25 or 100 case boxes and previously they didn't want to crack a box to sell odd lots. The web page still makes reference to "Shipping Quantity: 25 and 100pc Boxes" too.

Either way, my previous comment probably still stands since the demand for 25+ 4-6 disc cases is probably much lower than is the demand for the 1-3 disc cases. 3 discs cases are much more popular now with the inclusion of a BD+DVD+DC but not so much for 4-6 disc cases.
All I know is I just ordered 40 more 1 disc cases to split between me and my boy since we been going to blockbuster alot and I tend to replace some of those eco-friendly cases that studios package their movies in the other da which went through. I paid about 22 bucks again and they should arrive tomorrow. I played with the option today and I changed "25" to 40 before I added them to my cart and it worked. I also kept the default "25" and clicked add to cart and then changed the quanitiy to 40 and it still worked and changed the cost to 22 bucks. I see what you are saying with keeping it 25 so they can just ship a box. However, at the same time they do allow you the option to manually change the quanitity and yes if you do they really will just send you a box and a half of blurays for example if you order 40 like myself. It's almost like the company is like "Hey we would rather you order 25 so we can just send a full box, but if you order more or less than 25 then we will still honor your order lol".

I do wish they and other companies had a glossy black case because they would match some of the titles in my collection, just like green or orange. I'm sure more colors will become available and be offered at a good price whenever they come out and are available everywhere. Saw that seller from Korea and say no way to that price...
Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #1463
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamillionaire View Post
All I know is I just ordered 40 more 1 disc cases to split between me and my boy since we been going to blockbuster alot and I tend to replace some of those eco-friendly cases that studios package their movies in the other da which went through. I paid about 22 bucks again and they should arrive tomorrow. I played with the option today and I changed "25" to 40 before I added them to my cart and it worked. I also kept the default "25" and clicked add to cart and then changed the quanitiy to 40 and it still worked and changed the cost to 22 bucks. I see what you are saying with keeping it 25 so they can just ship a box. However, at the same time they do allow you the option to manually change the quanitity and yes if you do they really will just send you a box and a half of blurays for example if you order 40 like myself. It's almost like the company is like "Hey we would rather you order 25 so we can just send a full box, but if you order more or less than 25 then we will still honor your order lol".

I do wish they and other companies had a glossy black case because they would match some of the titles in my collection, just like green or orange. I'm sure more colors will become available and be offered at a good price whenever they come out and are available everywhere. Saw that seller from Korea and say no way to that price...
It's odd that the system allows you to purchase cases in increments of 1 above 25 but not allow anything less than 25. The labor to repackage and ship 26 should really be no different than 24, etc. It also allows you to do the same for the DVD cases even though those specifically say "Sold in 100-count cartons." or "Sold in 216-count cartons." I'm trying to remember if the old cart system would even allow you to add off increment numbers to the cart.

If you try to add less than 25 it gives you the following error message: "The quantity you have entered is invalid (below the minimum or above the maximum quantity). For further help, please call 800-468-9353. Please enter a numeric value." If you add the minimum to your cart and then try to change the quantity to below the minimum it reverts back to the minimum quantity.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #1464
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Quote:
They're buying them from a South Korean seller on eBay for $0.99 + $4.99 S&H per case. The cost is pretty steep when you're paying $4.99 to ship only one case. Previous members have asked the seller if they could buy in bulk and the answer had been no.

The buyer does have one Buy-It-Now listing with 3 cases available but the per item cost is raised to $1.99 and S&H for the 3 cases is $14.37.
Yeah, that's what the seller told me, that they would lose money for anything less, but now they've raised the price higher! Looks like they've noticed more of a demand.

Before I posted pics/where I was getting them I was the only one bidding on them. Now I can't even get a single one for $5 anymore
Old 02-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #1465
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Swapped out the case from The Human Centipede to Adaptation (originally from The Incredible Hulk):

Old 02-22-2012, 01:33 AM   #1466

Jun 2011

Quote:
It's odd that the system allows you to purchase cases in increments of 1 above 25 but not allow anything less than 25. The labor to repackage and ship 26 should really be no different than 24, etc. It also allows you to do the same for the DVD cases even though those specifically say "Sold in 100-count cartons." or "Sold in 216-count cartons." I'm trying to remember if the old cart system would even allow you to add off increment numbers to the cart.

If you try to add less than 25 it gives you the following error message: "The quantity you have entered is invalid (below the minimum or above the maximum quantity). For further help, please call 800-468-9353. Please enter a numeric value." If you add the minimum to your cart and then try to change the quantity to below the minimum it reverts back to the minimum quantity.
I may have mistakenly wrote some wrong info but I meant I only played with the numbers after "25". I never typed in a number lower than 25. I only assumed that since they are about 30 something cents a case you could order less than 15. However, if you wanted more than 25 but less than 50, you can order any # in between. I just typed in 26 cases and it worked. I wouldn't have any need for the cases if I wasn't buying from blockbuster often.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #1467
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Whip It has a 2-disc green case so swapped it with The Evil Dead 2-disc edition

Old 02-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #1468
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
O H I O Steelbooks™: 16

Ordered from Sleevetown the other day. Received my replacement cases and was completely satisfied. Highly recommend.
Display Samsung LN52A650 / Remote Logitech Harmony One
Audio Yamaha RX-A3010 / HTPC nMediaPC 2000 (3TB)
Media DirecTV HR-22 / Oppo BDP-103 / Oppo DV-983H
Front Mirage OMD-28 / Center Mirage OMD-C2 / Surround Mirage OMD-5
Subwoofer Power Sound Audio XV15 (BASH) / Power Monster SS 5100 MKII
Cable AudioQuest Carbon Chocolate Cinnamon Forest Vodka / Emotiva X-Series
Old 02-27-2012, 02:18 AM   #1469
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Dallas, TX

Still looking for the single-disc green ones, if anyone has them for sale.
"The cost of a thing is the amount of life which is required to be exchanged for it." ~Henry David Thoreau~
Old 02-27-2012, 02:44 AM   #1470
Banned

Dec 2009
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
Whip It has a 2-disc green case so swapped it with The Evil Dead 2-disc edition

thats badass too bad the hulk is a once disc case wouldve done this aswell
Old 02-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #1471

Sep 2011
Texas

Very helpful thread, thanks a lot.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #1472
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly_platinum View Post
thats badass too bad the hulk is a once disc case wouldve done this aswell
Yeah, The Evil Dead was my first choice when I got The Incredible Hulk so I was also disappointed when I found out it was a 1-disc.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #1473
Expert Member

Dec 2011

I searched this thread for info on where to get replacement Criterion cases for the Bottle Rocket and Chungking Express I got in sleeves at Blockbuster. In post #788 someone (forgot who at this very second) posted about how to get replacement Criterion cases. If there have been additional posts giving this information between that post and then forgive me for reposting old information but it isn't anything that I have seen since I joined this site, unless I somehow missed it. Here it goes:

Code:
Thank you for your email.

We transitioned sale of Blu-ray replacement cases to our web store at
http://www.criterion.com/shop/other and are no longer able to fulfill
orders for Blu-ray replacement cases via PayPal and
store@criterion.com.

Blu-ray replacement cases cost $5.00 each, plus shipping and handling.
Plain cases with no cover art cost $2.50 each and $12.00 per
five-pack.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, and
thank you for supporting the Criterion Collection!

Best,

Jon Mulvaney
Alice In Wonderland Amazon Exclusive w/film cell frame FS/FT

My FS/FT thread
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=214105
Old 02-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #1474
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
I searched this thread for info on where to get replacement Criterion cases for the Bottle Rocket and Chungking Express I got in sleeves at Blockbuster. In post #788 someone (forgot who at this very second) posted about how to get replacement Criterion cases. If there have been additional posts giving this information between that post and then forgive me for reposting old information but it isn't anything that I have seen since I joined this site, unless I somehow missed it. Here it goes: ...
Casetopia also offers replacement Criterion cases for sale too.

http://stores.casetopia.com/-strse-9...ent/Detail.bok
Old 02-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #1475
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Discmakers.com is also another great company to order your supplies from. They cater to the entertainment industry and boast about customers such as Metallica and LIVE:

http://www.discmakers.com
Old 02-27-2012, 11:52 PM   #1476
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
Discmakers.com is also another great company to order your supplies from. They cater to the entertainment industry and boast about customers such as Metallica and LIVE:

http://www.discmakers.com
Yes I just bought some elite blu cases from them to replae all those darn eco friendly cases.
"If we're about to die anyways, I'd rather die fighting! Come for me Gmork, I am Atreyu!"

"...but you will always be homosexual Michael, always, until the day you die."

" I told you 158 times I hate little notes on my pillow. 'We are all out of Corn Flakes F.U.' it took me three hours to realize that F.U. stood for Felix Ungar."
Old 02-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #1477

Jan 2009
New Mexico
USA

I was thinking of putting a complete series in a complete set. Do any of these cases go past 6 discs? I am looking for maybe a case that can hold up to 12 - 15 case shaped in a standard blu-ray case?
Check Out My Blog for Movie and TV Reviews.
Recent Reviews - 127 Hours
Old 02-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #1478
Expert Member

Dec 2011

What brand cases do the HBO series come in? Need cases for The Pacific and True Blood. I know that The Pacific comes in a tin but what are the cases inside? An actual 6 disc case? Or some cardboard foldout etc? If there are other HBO series/seasons where the season is in a single case... what brand case is used?

Looks like the link the previous poster gave me for Casetopia is the least expensive price for Criterion cases. At least compared to the Criterion store. Man I don't think I can stomach paying $5 each + shipping for replacement cases + cover art for Chungking Express and Bottle Rocket. Thinking about paying $15.95 for two cases and two sets of cover art makes me feel sick. Apparently it is Casetopia for cases and TBD for cover art.
Alice In Wonderland Amazon Exclusive w/film cell frame FS/FT

My FS/FT thread
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=214105

Last edited by secretsquirrel; 02-28-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #1479

Jan 2011
USA

I finally got tired of all my eco cases, so I made an order for 50 single Elite cases through Discmakers.com. I don't have 50 eco cases to replace yet, but I might as well have reserve cases for when more movies are bought...I don't see the eco cases disappearing anytime soon . I also wanted to get some double Elite cases, but 25 is the minimum order through Discmakers, and I only have 5 or 6 double cases. I figure I'll order those from Casetopia on Ebay since they offer smaller quantities per order. I'd rather not have stacks upon stacks of cases just sitting around.

A small note on the various Blu-Ray cases available. Aside from all this eco stuff being nonsense, I really do not like Blu-Ray cases. Be it Vortex or Elite, they seem quite a bit more fragile when compared to the real Amaray DVD cases. It's nice that Elites and Vortex cases are slimmer, but I don't care for their build quality--especially the Elite cases.

I can't tell you how many times I have gone to a store and picked up a movie only to hear and feel the disc is loose inside, rattling around. I went to Best Buy the other day to grab Rambo on Blu-Ray. I ALWAYS shake the cases to see if the disc is still attached or loose. If loose, I pick up another case and hope it is secure. Well, for the case of Rambo, they had about 8 copies and EVERY disc was loose. I know, I know. Blu-Rays don't scratch like DVDs, but it is still upsetting to see and feel this. This is all too commonplace with Elite packaging. Fewer movies are released with Vortex cases, so I can't comment on them. They have a different disc hub, so I'm not sure if it is better or worse when compared to Elite's.

After picking up a few imports, I have to say the U.K. Amaray cases have the best build quality. I also prefer their disc hub. I think it does a much better job of securely holding the disc in place during shipment. Sadly, these cases are wider than Elite and Vortex (DVD size?), but I think I'd take their build quality over space saving from the Elite and Vortex cases.

Last edited by Coligion; 02-28-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #1480

Jun 2009
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDHolloway View Post
I was thinking of putting a complete series in a complete set. Do any of these cases go past 6 discs? I am looking for maybe a case that can hold up to 12 - 15 case shaped in a standard blu-ray case?
There's an Australian website I posted a link to, that sells 7 disc cases but don't ship to the u.s.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Harry-...Blu-ray/30040/
this has a 8 disc case
PSN: MFvillain
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America