Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3)
$19.99
Borderlands 2 (PS3)
$19.99
Borderlands 2 (PS3)
$9.99
SingStar Dance (PS3)
$11.08
Battlefield 4 (PS3)
$29.99
MLB 13: The Show (PS3)
$18.99
WWE 2K14 (PS3)
$29.77
Diablo III (PS3)
$37.48
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (PS3)
$14.99
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3)
$29.96
The Walking Dead (PS3)
$19.99
Uncharted 3 (PS3)
$19.99
Payday 2 (PS3)
$19.99
Disney Infinity (PS3)
$54.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
$84.99
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$39.99
Deadpool (PS3)
$19.99
Dark Souls II (PS3)
$49.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
$39.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 02-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #601
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008
LV-223

So I finally got bored of Finesse and switch over to Might. Wow. I'm like a Sherman tank now. Nothing can kill me. And if they get close, I'll heal 20% and get +70% damage boost. So basically I can mow EVERYTHING down now.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #602
Special Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeperAgent View Post
So I finally got bored of Finesse and switch over to Might. Wow. I'm like a Sherman tank now. Nothing can kill me. And if they get close, I'll heal 20% and get +70% damage boost. So basically I can mow EVERYTHING down now.
That is how my character is built as well. I am contemplating moving the difficulty up to hard because I haven't been very challenged in battles.
PSN = muffmonster
Old 02-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #603
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008
LV-223

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTires View Post
That is how my character is built as well. I am contemplating moving the difficulty up to hard because I haven't been very challenged in battles.
My next play through (for the hard difficulty achievement) is going to be Sorcery. Tankiness is nice, but it take awhile to get through mobs.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #604
Power Member

Jun 2011
Avengers Tower
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTires View Post
I started on HARD (purely for the trophy) but glad I did! I think I've only died once so far, not very challenging but AMAZING none-the-less!
PSN: GeneticMutation
Old 02-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #605
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Boston suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor Lugosi View Post
The guide is out in Europe and already out of stock at the Book Depository. They had it for $20.24, I posted a link a few pages back. Mine should be on its way. It is out on the 24th in the US.
link
I signed up for e-mail notification (when they're re-stocked). Hopefully the wait won't be too long.
PSN/Battlelog/Xbox Live: ▌۩▐ PrivatePixel
Pioneer Elite || Definitive Technology

"Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones." - Bertrand Russell
Old 02-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #606
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Boston suburbs

Quote:
I thought about this route, but the notion of near-invincibility when confronting enemies diminishes some of the fun factor during combat (almost akin to being a bully in the playground), as well as some of the strategy involved. Don't get me wrong: most of my gear is still Might-centric, even though my current destiny is slanted towards Finesse. I need that balance to keep things interesting (from my perspective).

Maybe once I'm done with the game with this pass, I'll go to a Fateweaver to tinker with my destiny.

"Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones." - Bertrand Russell
Old 02-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #607
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Boston suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticMutation View Post
I started on HARD (purely for the trophy) but glad I did! I think I've only died once so far, not very challenging but AMAZING none-the-less!
I'm going to do that with my next play-through (now that I know what to expect with enemies).

Old 02-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #608
Expert Member

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor Lugosi View Post
The guide is out in Europe and already out of stock at the Book Depository. They had it for $20.24, I posted a link a few pages back. Mine should be on its way. It is out on the 24th in the US.
link
Ordered...and I don't even have the game yet. Tough to beat a hardback 600page guide at that price. Thx Tibor.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #609
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2008
On One

Everytime I walk somewhere, someone needs my help

[Show spoiler]But I'm not complaining....I'm 7 hours in 90% of that has been side quests
Old 02-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #610
Power Member

Jun 2011
Avengers Tower
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. J View Post

[Show spoiler]But I'm not complaining....I'm 7 hours in 90% of that has been side quests
Lol! Yeah there does seem to be a lot of people in need and they always seem to want you to clear out a dungeon!

If I was a lowly peasant I wouldn't dream of walking into some of the dungeons in this game, you'd basically be saying "Free meal, come and get me" lol!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #611
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008
LV-223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. J View Post

Seriously be careful with those quests. Collection quests sometimes make you get 3-10 items and they have weight, and some things you can't clear out of your inventory till you're done with the quest. And most of them don't give you anything good.

Just stick to faction/main quests or you'll get bogged down for days not accomplishing anything.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #612
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2008
On One

Quote:
Seriously be careful with those quests. Collection quests sometimes make you get 3-10 items and they have weight, and some things you can't clear out of your inventory till you're done with the quest. And most of them don't give you anything good.

Just stick to faction/main quests or you'll get bogged down for days not accomplishing anything.
Yeah, I decided last night after my freakin' 105th side quest that I would continue with the main story. It was getting repetitive and I was getting bored.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #613
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Boston suburbs

Quote:
Not necessarily true. As your level increases, better items do show up occasionally in chests and loots. For example, my last side quest yielded me a better longbow and daggers; the other equipment was stuff I had already, so I took them to the blacksmithing forge for parts (which don't affect your overall inventory).

As long as you have a 10-15 item buffer before venturing into a cave/dungeon, you should be okay. The real fillers are potions: some are useful during combat, but others yield little benefit and do not offer much in the way of monetary value, so they can either be sold off or just left behind.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #614
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008
LV-223

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatePixel View Post
Not necessarily true. As your level increases, better items do show up occasionally in chests and loots. For example, my last side quest yielded me a better longbow and daggers; the other equipment was stuff I had already, so I took them to the blacksmithing forge for parts (which don't affect your overall inventory).

As long as you have a 10-15 item buffer before venturing into a cave/dungeon, you should be okay. The real fillers are potions: some are useful during combat, but others yield little benefit and do not offer much in the way of monetary value, so they can either be sold off or just left behind.
I did that "Long Overdue" quest which I accidentally got in Gorhart the first time I was there. You have to collect 10 books for one of the guys and then when I went back with all 10 (at level 30 mind you) I got 257 gold. No items.

That's when I gave up on collection quests.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #615
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Boston suburbs

Quote:
I did that "Long Overdue" quest which I accidentally got in Gorhart the first time I was there. You have to collect 10 books for one of the guys and then when I went back with all 10 (at level 30 mind you) I got 257 gold. No items.

That's when I gave up on collection quests.
Isn't that one actually a Task rather than a Side Quest? I don't bother with tasks because some of those will occur by accident during a side quest or while free roaming, rather than intentionally, plus some of those tasks require a lot of fast travelling between points, which can get tedious. I came to this realization while waiting for a thief to appear at night during one of the tasks; when s/he didn't show up after two days, I said "screw this" and went back to actual side and faction quests.

By the way, I've collected 0/10 books thus far.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #616
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008
LV-223

Quote:
Isn't that one actually a Task rather than a Side Quest? I don't bother with tasks because some of those will occur by accident during a side quest or while free roaming, rather than intentionally, plus some of those tasks require a lot of fast travelling between points, which can get tedious. I came to this realization while waiting for a thief to appear at night during one of the tasks; when s/he didn't show up after two days, I said "screw this" and went back to actual side and faction quests.

That's what I meant by "Collection Quests". They are all worthless. Just crap thrown in to fill out the amount of quests.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #617
Special Member

Jul 2009

Quote:

3/10 for me, I do like how any quest in your log will still show up on your map as a dull grey circle. That is how I found the books I have so far, just noticed them on my map while doing other things.
PSN = muffmonster
Old 02-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #618
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Boston suburbs

Quote:
That's what I meant by "Collection Quests". They are all worthless. Just crap thrown in to fill out the amount of quests.
I don't know if it was the developer's intention to treat tasks (like this) on the same level as quests. I look at the description of tasks and I think that they're intended to happen naturally during the course of pursuing actual quests, rather than the player going out of their way to fulfill these. Two examples that come to mind involve i) collecting reagents for someone looking to make potions for everyone in that town, and ii) another needing peasant clothes. In the case of the first one, I kept bring reagents and potions, but no matter how many I bring, that task is never fulfilled and marked as completed. After multiple visits, I didn't bother going back for that very reason, plus his rewards were miniscule. I put all tasks on the back burner: if it happens, great; if it doesn't, no losing sleep over it.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #619
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

Got my new PC delivered the other day and I think I am going to start over on hard on this game. I am only about 8-10 hours into and figured it will be more rewarding since so far on normal this game has been very easy.
"This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there"
A.K.A. Sweet John
PSN: RaijinUT, Xbox Live: I Raijin I, Steam: Raijin, Origin: Raijins, Wii U: Raijinslc
Mr. Beautiful's number 1 groupie and one proud Malamute owner
Old 02-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #620
Power Member

Jun 2011
Avengers Tower
United Kingdom

When does prismere gear/components start popping up? By the way I've only just got to the Plains of Erathell!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3