Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Destiny (PS3)
$49.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection (PS3)
$19.99
Need for Speed Rivals (PS3)
$18.99
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
$39.96
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
$29.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS3)
$19.99
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$14.99
LEGO The Hobbit (PS3)
$19.99
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
$51.87
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare (PS3)
$22.50
Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus (PS3)
$9.99
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
$34.33
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS3)
$29.99
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition (PS3)
$14.99
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution (PS3)
$40.59
FIFA 14 (PS3)
$27.61
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 02-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #5841

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blufan View Post
No, from Evan Wells himself in a interview said that they broke the ND team up. While this talented other team was considering J & D they realized it was not going the direction fans would want it.That team started on The Last of US. So ND is actually broken into two teams now which can allow them to do another Uncharted if they wish. It's also hinted that The Last of Us could become another multiple game series.
I hope we don't see another Uncharted for about 2 years, as much as I love the series of games U3 kind of fell flat for me, especially the MP experience of regurgitated maps.
There have been numerous interviews on gaming sites with members of the Uncharted team, like Justin Richmond, where it has been stated that they are willing to do more Uncharted games if the fans want it. Justin Richmond has explicitly stated that they have never put a number on how many Uncharted games they intend on doing.

Evan Wells has said that they created another team at Naughty Dog so that their valuable employees don't feel that they have to work exclusively on one game. What is not stated is that developing The Last of Us allows them to get another game for the PS3 from their Uncharted assets, allowing their other team to work on a game for the PS4, which, likely, will be Uncharted 4. I think this would give the Uncharted series the boost it needs.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to something fresh and new from ND like The Last of US, Although I'm kind of getting the feeling that all the mechanics from Uncharted are being used for Last,at least from screenshots and the 6 page GameInformer article. I just hope it doesn't become Uncharted 4: The Virus.
Fungcharted. But, seriously, if I have read the GameInformer articles correctly, it looks like the Last of Us team is making some interesting changes to Uncharted's game mechanics and AI.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #5842
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical gas View Post
There have been numerous interviews on gaming sites with members of the Uncharted team, like Justin Richmond, where it has been stated that they are willing to do more Uncharted games if the fans want it. Justin Richmond has explicitly stated that they have never put a number on how many Uncharted games they intend on doing.

Evan Wells has said that they created another team at Naughty Dog so that their valuable employees don't feel that they have to work exclusively on one game. What is not stated is that developing The Last of Us allows them to get another game for the PS3 from their Uncharted assets, allowing their other team to work on a game for the PS4, which, likely, will be Uncharted 4. I think this would give the Uncharted series the boost it needs.

Fungcharted. But, seriously, if I have read the GameInformer articles correctly, it looks like the Last of Us team is making some interesting changes to Uncharted's game mechanics and AI.
I would agree with this, they do seem to be making a survival type of game where ammo will be greatly reduced and more melee weapons are going to be used. Just looking at the one picture in GameInformer it looks like a straight picture shot of Joel snapping a scavengers neck,just like Drake does in Uncharted. But I guess if it works well, and it does why change it. I do like what they said about the AI enhancements I hope it works out the way they've talked about it because it could be some of the best AI in a game.
PSN ID: swimfreak1
Old 02-23-2012, 05:11 AM   #5843
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010

Maybe with two teams, Naughty Dog can roll out the exact same Uncharted game every year:

Uncharted: World at War
Uncharted: Modern Warfare
Uncharted: Black Ops
Uncharted: Aerosmith
Uncharted: Metallica

Old 02-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #5844
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Flashback Map Pack #2 now available on PS Store.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884
Old 02-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #5845
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical gas View Post
Hopefully they do more Uncharted games. It's by far my favorite series and while I want The Last of Us to become another series to look forward to, I hope splitting the team doesn't mess things up in the long run. Always makes me a little nervous when people mess with something that was working well.
PSN: OWA
XBL: OWAXB1
Old 02-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #5846
Banned

Dec 2011
LV-426

Wow The Village is beautiful!
Old 02-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #5847
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2008
The Center of Smoked Bacon Research

I am sure this doens't affect too many of you, but even with the v1.05 patch, saves from the fat PS3 still won't work on slim ones.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Old 02-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #5848
Special Member

Apr 2008
San Antonio

This is the first weekend I have played in many months - kinda got away from this game and man, want to love the MP, but it has issues

Played for 2 days, not one Map pack 2 map played - only couple from first map pack - and its London Underground every other game. I officially hate that map now...

Got the Fort twice in the last two days so that was nice.

Really hope that the map rotation is dealt with/corrected

Why don't they have a 'DLC' option on/off like in the last one? That seemed to deal with issues such as not getting a map you paid for

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Space Jockey View Post
Wish I knew......
Oh, I'm special alright!!!!
Old 02-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #5849
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by owa View Post
Hopefully they do more Uncharted games. It's by far my favorite series and while I want The Last of Us to become another series to look forward to, I hope splitting the team doesn't mess things up in the long run. Always makes me a little nervous when people mess with something that was working well.
Same here, keep bringing on the Uncharted. I just hope they scratch the melee system used in Uncharted 3, UC2 and UC1's melee is much more enjoyable.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #5850
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008

Quote:
Looking forward to returning from my vacation in Puerto Rico to check out the new (old) maps!

LOL
DarkDune
PSN IDs: DarkDuneMRK, GloZorCoMeTh, DeadXEye_Drake, and Snake69Eye_Drake<-- U2 Stats!
Last Watched Blu/DVD: The Hobbit <-- DAMN! IT LOOKS AWESOME ON BLU!
Last Played PS3 Title: The Last of Us <-- OMFG! AMAZING I TELL YOU!
Our Latest "New" Blus: Cloud Atlas, Lego Batman DC Superheroes, and The Hobbit
Most Wanted PS3 Games: Easy! THE LAST OF US!
Most Deeply Desired Upcoming Blus: None at THIS time - sadly
Old 02-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #5851
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDune View Post
Looking forward to returning from my vacation in Puerto Rico to check out the new (old) maps!

LOL
It's quite astounding what they've done to them. Makes me do a double take every time the game starts on one of them!
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

Old 02-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #5852
Expert Member

Jan 2008
Cincinnati Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
It's quite astounding what they've done to them. Makes me do a double take every time the game starts on one of them!
You must be lucky, I downloaded the maps the day they came out and have been playing a lot the last few days and have only seen the Temple 2 times and thats it, none of the others

Living Room
Samsung PN60E7000 Plasma, Panasonic BDT310, Slim PS3 with 250GB HD, Patriot Box Office w/ 1TBHD, APC H10
Pioneer VSX 21TXH w/ Polk CS2, Polk Monitor 60's, Polk FXI3's, PA-120 Sub & Acoustic Audio 12" HD SUB, Harmony One, Cyron LED lights

Bedroom
Samsung LN46B750 LCD, Vizio VSB200-HD Soundbar, Sony BDP-S360, Nintendo Wii, WDTV, Harmony One

PSN: jruc03
Old 02-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #5853
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruc03 View Post
You must be lucky, I downloaded the maps the day they came out and have been playing a lot the last few days and have only seen the Temple 2 times and thats it, none of the others
i'll admit that I've been getting them more than others seem to be stating. However, I should also mention that I've been playing co-op arena, not competitive. Also, I have yet to see the temple in action.

People who want to see the maps and aren't getting a chance can always create their own custom match to investigate the maps on their own.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #5854
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
AB, Canada PSNetwork: Rike255

Quote:
i'll admit that I've been getting them more than others seem to be stating. However, I should also mention that I've been playing co-op arena, not competitive. Also, I have yet to see the temple in action.

People who want to see the maps and aren't getting a chance can always create their own custom match to investigate the maps on their own.
I installed the new ones finally so hopefully I'll see them soon.
I play the Flashback #1 maps pretty regularly so I'm hoping for the same with the new ones.
PSN ID: Rike255 | My NEW Home Theatre!
Paradigm Cinema 400 x5 & PSW505 | Marantz SR7007 | Sony 46" Bravia V5100 | PS3 | PS4
Old 02-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #5855
Banned

Dec 2011
LV-426

This game is starting to get boring, they need to raise the Legacy cap already.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:04 AM   #5856
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
This game is starting to get boring, they need to raise the Legacy cap already.
I will agree with you if you can honestly tell me that you have completed ALL treasure sets and beaten all adventure co-op chapters on crushing.

For me, the game won't be boring until I have absolutely no progress to make in ANY category.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #5857
Banned

Dec 2011
LV-426

Quote:
I will agree with you if you can honestly tell me that you have completed ALL treasure sets and beaten all adventure co-op chapters on crushing.

For me, the game won't be boring until I have absolutely no progress to make in ANY category.
I got most treasures and I have beaten all adventure co-op chapters on crushing. I have pretty much come to accept I will never get all the treasures, I get duplicates every single time I play now. All I am playing for now is hopefully get more treasures and buying every single clothing item. I bought all taunts, now I am buying all clothes and than later maybe buy all emblems. That would take years though and the game is getting old fast.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #5858
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
I got most treasures and I have beaten all adventure co-op chapters on crushing. I have pretty much come to accept I will never get all the treasures, I get duplicates every single time I play now. All I am playing for now is hopefully get more treasures and buying every single clothing item. I bought all taunts, now I am buying all clothes and than later maybe buy all emblems. That would take years though and the game is getting old fast.
How many is "most?" I've played quite a bit and still need probably about 100 across all gametypes.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #5859

Jul 2009
Perth, Australia

I don't really give a crap about the treasures... :P

Anyway finally managed to get a game of co-op adventure going on the Fort, only for my two random teammates to start turning on each other 3/4 of the way through the map...
Old 02-27-2012, 12:50 AM   #5860
Special Member

Apr 2008
San Antonio

I am so far behind with this game - need to do most of the co-ops for treasures - I've done them all, but On normal, so no drops

Finally got the Village and Train Wreck this weekend = wow, very nice
Oh, I'm special alright!!!!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Tags
awesomesauce, uncharted 3