COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rocksmith 2014 Edition (PS3)
$39.99
NHL 14 (PS3)
$29.61
Dark Souls II (PS3)
$51.37
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
$36.70
Disney Infinity (PS3)
$46.31
Battlefield 4 (PS3)
$21.75
FIFA 14 (PS3)
$29.27
WWE 2K14 (PS3)
$23.99
Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3)
$24.99
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
$34.49
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PS3)
$9.99
Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3)
$30.65
Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse (PS3)
$20.32
NBA 2K14 (PS3)
$24.76
Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy (PS3)
$19.17
Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
$19.99
Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi (PS3)
$28.48
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (PS3)
$10.41
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
$20.24
Old 02-21-2012, 03:24 AM   #581
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Finished the campaign on nightmare. Enough has been said about the ending, but what was most disappointing was that
[Show spoiler]I saved so much good ammo, rockets and grenades for the anticipated big boss that never appeared. I never even fired the BFG cannon. The final area I just spawned two bots and used wing sticks.

I don't think I'm inclined to play again, though.

Robot cars were stupid. Useless for advance scouting since enemies wouldn't spawn for them.

Otherwise not to shabby. Looked great. Gameplay was good, and the game never locked up. I would play a Rage 2.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #582
Banned

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfTorah View Post
I have only just picked up Rage myself the other day from Sainsbury's for 20 and have been playing virtually nothing else since getting it. What a stunning achievement! 720p with first-class textures running at 60fps! This is the kind of thing that Treyarch etc could only hope to emulate. The game is fantastic, and i love the freedom players are given in it. Love the driving sections, and Mutant Bash TV was a laugh! Great voice cast, though i am waiting for the plot to kick in. Something tells me that The Authority may be responsible for more than is being let on. Awesome game. Shame the PC release was so poorly handled apparently...
The PC release has issues but can be easily fixed on most systems by modiying a cfg file. Not optimal, but it isn't anything that I imagine many pc gamers would really take issue with to maximize the games performance (plus its nice having a non console fov of 90, the game running at 120fps etc). The big thing I noticed though which is always notable but was moreso in the case of rage, the game simply controls better on pc.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:33 AM   #583
Expert Member

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
Finished the campaign on nightmare. Enough has been said about the ending, but what was most disappointing was that
[Show spoiler]I saved so much good ammo, rockets and grenades for the anticipated big boss that never appeared. I never even fired the BFG cannon. The final area I just spawned two bots and used wing sticks.

I don't think I'm inclined to play again, though.

Robot cars were stupid. Useless for advance scouting since enemies wouldn't spawn for them.

Otherwise not to shabby. Looked great. Gameplay was good, and the game never locked up. I would play a Rage 2.
I never ran into issues with enemies not spawning when using the RC, but I was constantly annoyed how easily they HEARD the RC and would turn to shoot it long before it got to them. If you beat the game on Nightmare, the other trophies shouldn't be too tough to get. The Five Finger Filet trophy's probably the most difficult, but the method mentioned earlier in the thread works pretty well. Just search for RAGE Five Finger Filet on youtube if you need to see it....

Headsets work in MP, but I only ran into 1 person in the time I was playing it online. I played a few hours after the Plat hit, too...
www.holdsquare.com https://www.facebook.com/HoldSquareGaming The Best adult-oriented, headset using TEAM on PS3! The Reapers website has changed, but we're still the fun-loving guys and gals we've always been! Check us out if you're tired of playing with randoms, blueberries, and the like!
Old 02-22-2012, 02:45 AM   #584
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Caleefoahniuhh (as our old govunah would say)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeabombers View Post
I never ran into issues with enemies not spawning when using the RC, but I was constantly annoyed how easily they HEARD the RC and would turn to shoot it long before it got to them. If you beat the game on Nightmare, the other trophies shouldn't be too tough to get. The Five Finger Filet trophy's probably the most difficult, but the method mentioned earlier in the thread works pretty well. Just search for RAGE Five Finger Filet on youtube if you need to see it....

Headsets work in MP, but I only ran into 1 person in the time I was playing it online. I played a few hours after the Plat hit, too...
Same thing here. Although I only tried 2 or 3 times, I haven't been able to take out any enemies with the RC. They keep shooting the darned thing. I figured it was because of nightmare skill which is what I started with. If I decide to go for the Plat, I'll replay on easy, but as I progress through the game - which I LOVED at first - it's starting to grow old on me.
Defeat of deduct must go over defense before detail does.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:09 AM   #585
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

For lack of anything better upstairs, I am keeping on. Finished five fingers the natural way. Got the road rage trophies, and I got the legend trophie for not dying playing solo in split screen. The only player I encountered had no mic and was a run and gunner so no good for me. I actually made good use of the cars in the first coop round. The only remaining trophy that will be hard is winning all of the races. The rallies are really hard.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:12 AM   #586
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007

Quote:
For lack of anything better upstairs, I am keeping on. Finished five fingers the natural way. Got the road rage trophies, and I got the legend trophie for not dying playing solo in split screen. The only player I encountered had no mic and was a run and gunner so no good for me. I actually made good use of the cars in the first coop round. The only remaining trophy that will be hard is winning all of the races. The rallies are really hard.
Crap. Are there a lot more races past Wellspring? That's where I am currently. I'm playing on nightmare (first playthrough) and thought those races were easy, but I hated doing them. I'm not looking forward to any more, especially much harder ones.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:43 AM   #587
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
Crap. Are there a lot more races past Wellspring? That's where I am currently. I'm playing on nightmare (first playthrough) and thought those races were easy, but I hated doing them. I'm not looking forward to any more, especially much harder ones.
There are more, but if you had no trouble with rocket rally races, you'll do fine. I just haven't figured out how to best attack those ones yet.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #588
Banned

Dec 2011
LV-426

The 5 Finger Fillet was impossible for me even using the pause method. It pissed me off so much I sold the game!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #589
Power Member

Oct 2007
Dunsfold

Got the Defibrilator upgrade and am now taking care of the RCbomb car guys. At what point in this game does the actual story kick in, because it seems that apart from building up a reputation for being a bad ass that nothing seems to be building towards anything? Killing unnumerable mutants (plus the Big Guy in the city) is fun but i'm not seeing any foreshadowing. Do i need to seek out the Resistance or something rather than just bashing away at jobs?
Samsung 3D F6800 40". PS4. 80 Gig PS3. Technika BRSS10 multi-region BD player.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #590
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfTorah View Post
Got the Defibrilator upgrade and am now taking care of the RCbomb car guys. At what point in this game does the actual story kick in, because it seems that apart from building up a reputation for being a bad ass that nothing seems to be building towards anything? Killing unnumerable mutants (plus the Big Guy in the city) is fun but i'm not seeing any foreshadowing. Do i need to seek out the Resistance or something rather than just bashing away at jobs?
The story is very thin. It probably appeals more to those who don't like their shooters interrupted by stories and dialog. Go figure.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #591
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
The story is very thin. It probably appeals more to those who don't like their shooters interrupted by stories and dialog. Go figure.
The game always teased as being something much bigger than it was.

The engine for this game was FANTASTIC though.
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPS!!!!

PS gamertag: Merrick97
Xbox 360: Merrick97
Old 02-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #592
Power Member

Oct 2007
Dunsfold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
The game always teased as being something much bigger than it was.

The engine for this game was FANTASTIC though.
Absolutely. The game looks incredible and never drops a frame running at the full 60fps. Throw in Dynamic Highlights across the board and that is a second FPS released tail-end of 2011 that shows how relentlessly shoddy the CoD game engine is. Activision were publishers for ID for a few years, time to pick up the phone and pay serious money to use the IDtech5 Engine, chaps!
Old 02-23-2012, 02:52 AM   #593
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

This is stupid, but how do you unlock the rest of the Wasteland Legends?
Old 02-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #594
Expert Member

Jun 2008

Quote:
This is stupid, but how do you unlock the rest of the Wasteland Legends?
Is that the co-op? There are only like 8, and you simply have to beat each one.
www.holdsquare.com https://www.facebook.com/HoldSquareGaming The Best adult-oriented, headset using TEAM on PS3! The Reapers website has changed, but we're still the fun-loving guys and gals we've always been! Check us out if you're tired of playing with randoms, blueberries, and the like!
Old 02-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #595
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeabombers View Post
Is that the co-op? There are only like 8, and you simply have to beat each one.
I beat the first one on normal difficulty in split screen, but the rest of them remain locked. Do I have to play them all in split screen, now? It kinda sucked, since I did it solo, but playing with random partners, it was impossible to finish without needing the defib. I may have no choice anyway, since Last night, I did not encounter other players in public games.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:14 AM   #596
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

It was a glitch. Played the prison again and the next one unlocked. Anyone need to play for trophies? It's pretty hard to find random players who aren't getting killed every half minute, and some rounds can't be played solo. I need the nightmare one, too.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:53 AM   #597

Jan 2012

I have not seen this game, did it not do very well.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:57 AM   #598
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007

Quote:
It was a glitch. Played the prison again and the next one unlocked. Anyone need to play for trophies? It's pretty hard to find random players who aren't getting killed every half minute, and some rounds can't be played solo. I need the nightmare one, too.
Looking to plat this myself. Just sent you a PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:20 AM   #599
Banned

Dec 2011
LV-426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengoblin View Post
I have not seen this game, did it not do very well.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #600
Power Member

Oct 2007
Dunsfold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Space Jockey View Post
I've just finished the game last night. Okay, so is that it? Why do the ID guys seem to have so much trouble coming up with what is generally known as a compelling story? I mean, the game is visually stunning, and an incredible world to experience, but the narrative doesn't kick in until the half-way point and even then it's paper thin. Actually giving the player some background about the world he is in and who the main power players are would have helped, along with an ending that said "To Be Continued!" at the climax of the cut scene.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Tags
bethesda, id software, rage