Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
The Art of the Steal (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
History of the World: Part I (Blu-ray)
$6.16

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 02-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #141

Feb 2012

Just to let you know guys that amazon.co.uk is now taking pre release interest notifications for the 3d version but it looks like it will be the standard, not extended, version from the box cover I see, and description.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #142

Feb 2011
Southern NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelsalguero View Post
I hope James Cameron releases this year "AVATAR" and "TITANIC" on Blu-Ray 3D !!
wouldn't surprise me if titanic comes out as another exclusive.
Mitsubishi WD65C9
Mitsubishi WD82738
3DC-1000 Kit
Onkyo HT-S9400 THX 7.1
Oppo DV-980H
PS3 60GB 1st Gen.
PS4 Launch Edition
LG Super Multi Blu external recorder
Old 02-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #143
Special Member

Jun 2007
Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femina View Post
Just to let you know guys that amazon.co.uk is now taking pre release interest notifications for the 3d version but it looks like it will be the standard, not extended, version from the box cover I see, and description.
Could you post a link please?
Old 02-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #144

Nov 2011
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kquig91 View Post
https://www.chinabluray.com/Buy_Blu-...oducts_id/1240
Whatta ya say...this looks 100% legit...
They have Avatar 3D for $20 on ioffer.com. Someone here told me that these products are legit, just smuggled from China if anything

But no, I'm pretty sure that for $20 you're going to get a functional knock-off product at best. The site is widely known for that
Old 02-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #145
Special Member

Jul 2008
SoCal, planet Earth

Very inticing links guys, but I think I'll wait until the US version is offically released. Nothing more worst than getting cheap knockoffs. Even thought it may play very well, but still; you got that knockoff feeling... if you know what I mean.

Looks like the UK is taking on pre-orders for Avatar 3D there... maybe the US will start taking pre-orders soon here. Hope that includes the extended version of Avatar 3D.
Blu-ray Player/s: Sony BDP-S6200, BDP-S790, BDP-S780, BDP-S770 and BDP-S1
PS3: PlayStation 3 Console 60GB Hard Drive
Audio1 : Pioneer SC-57 (9.2)
Speakers: BOSE Acoustimass 16 Series II
Audio 2: BOSE 3𠂹 Series II DVD Home Entertainment System (which is in the whoopy factor room)
Video 1: Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929 55-Inch 1080p 3D LCD HDTV
Video 2: Samsung LN52B630 52 1080p LCD HDTV
Old 02-21-2012, 12:30 AM   #146
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
wouldn't surprise me if titanic comes out as another exclusive.
that would be their worst mistake if they did that again!
Old 02-21-2012, 03:00 AM   #147
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
that would be their worst mistake if they did that again!
Not really:
Leaving aside whether Avatar has more Cameron-fan name-draw than Titanic ( ), it's a sign that Panasonic is at least adopting the more reasonable stance adopted by Samsung and Sony--
Namely, to rotate their exclusive titles every year, and free up the old titles for general sale afterwards.

Studios are just starting to learn the lesson that software, not hardware drives customer interest--It was Panny keeping Avatar prisoner for life that was hampering valuable software sales, but if one or two different titles are kept as short-term exclusives, customers are used to that.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:39 AM   #148
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Seattle

It's probably been reported but the current Panasonic promotion is for those who purchased a new Blu-ray player (specific models) through the end of this month and they have to have their submissions postmarked by the end of March, so my guess is it will be released in May or sometime this summer to everyone else.
K5
Old 02-21-2012, 03:41 AM   #149
Banned

Dec 2009
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kquig91 View Post
https://www.chinabluray.com/Buy_Blu-...oducts_id/1240
Whatta ya say...this looks 100% legit...
those are bootlegs i remember reading that these were BDR's
Old 02-22-2012, 03:25 AM   #150

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
It's probably been reported but the current Panasonic promotion is for those who purchased a new Blu-ray player (specific models) through the end of this month and they have to have their submissions postmarked by the end of March, so my guess is it will be released in May or sometime this summer to everyone else.
That does not mean it will not be released in March. It is possible they release it while still honoring the remaining rebate submissions that trickle into March.

Ironically today I was at Costco and couldn't resist picking up the BDT215 even with less than a week before we hopefully have some news.... Rebate goes in the mail tomorrow.

Selling the DVD player I will probably net a loss of about $25-$30. Hopefully by the time I get Avatar it won't be selling for less. than $30.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:05 AM   #151
Power Member

Mar 2009
Monrovia, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsnyc View Post
That does not mean it will not be released in March. It is possible they release it while still honoring the remaining rebate submissions that trickle into March.

Ironically today I was at Costco and couldn't resist picking up the BDT215 even with less than a week before we hopefully have some news.... Rebate goes in the mail tomorrow.

Selling the DVD player I will probably net a loss of about $25-$30. Hopefully by the time I get Avatar it won't be selling for less. than $30.
It'll be March in a little over a week.

I HIGHLY doubt that it will be released this March.

For a release like Avatar in 3D, you would see hype and confirmation months in advance. I knew the Special Extended Edition was being released an entire year before it was released.
I really don't think they'd put Avatar 3D in stores without any announcement at all.

I don't expect a release until Fall or Winter. Summer is for the theater and Spring is for Titanic 3D.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #152
Special Member

Jun 2007
Singapore

I guarantee they will release the theatrical version first before the extended versions for at least a whole year. Just like The Lord of the Rings.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #153
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozQ View Post
I guarantee they will release the theatrical version first before the extended versions for at least a whole year. Just like The Lord of the Rings.
Probably because the extended version was never finished in 3-D--The one that played theaters was.

If Cameron wanted to squeeze money (which Fox doesn't quite think is worth it yet), they could conceivably spend that year finishing the 3-D on the extended scenes, just so long as it isn't that crappy homemade Harry Potter 7.1 3D.
But that's a very, very academic "If".
Old 02-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #154
Power Member

Sep 2008
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
Probably because the extended version was never finished in 3-D--The one that played theaters was.

If Cameron wanted to squeeze money (which Fox doesn't quite think is worth it yet), they could conceivably spend that year finishing the 3-D on the extended scenes, just so long as it isn't that crappy homemade Harry Potter 7.1 3D.
But that's a very, very academic "If".
What 3D is there to finish? The stuff in the collector's edition is all native shot 3D with some CG elements. And with software like Renderman which most VFX houses use it makes the most sense to render the VFX in 3D because Renderman only takes 1/3 longer to render in 3D if you do that original time of rendering the final VFX shots. If you go back and render the other eye separately it takes just as long to do one eye.
You can't spell film without ILM - Industrial Light & Magic
Old 02-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #155
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
Columbus, Ohio

Not sure if this is mentioned but Amazon.com now has a placeholder page and a button to be notified once a release has been decided too

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EYVXVY
Old 03-02-2012, 04:59 AM   #156
Expert Member

Jun 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvl View Post
Very inticing links guys, but I think I'll wait until the US version is offically released. Nothing more worst than getting cheap knockoffs. Even thought it may play very well, but still; you got that knockoff feeling... if you know what I mean.

Looks like the UK is taking on pre-orders for Avatar 3D there... maybe the US will start taking pre-orders soon here. Hope that includes the extended version of Avatar 3D.
I got "brand new" copy from ebay and definitely looks like a bootleg...the data side is dark instead of silver and the case it came in was a cheap looking case instead of the elite like it was shown in the picture.

Anyways i filed a dispute with ebay/paypal so should be getting my money back.

I'm just going to wait for the retail version as well.
Samsung UN55D6500 55'' 3D LED Smart TV
Pioneer VSX-1022-K A/V Receiver
Oppo BDP-93 (Multi-region)
Sony Playstation 3 160GB Slim
Sony Playstation 4 500GB
Xbox 360 250GB Slim
Old 03-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #157
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2010
Amish Country - Lancaster County, PA

Well, I was lucky enough to buy my official Panasonic copy of Avatar 3D from another forum member here who I know from posting regularly in our HT Gallery threads. He had purchased 3 Panasonic 3D products during the exclusivity period, and submitted 3 coupons to Panasonic; so he had a couple extra copies to sell. And yes, I paid $60 for it (he had opened it and watched it once) - that's a good bit of money for a single 3D Blu-ray, I know... But, three things make me realize I will still be getting more than my money's worth out of this purchase:

First, I enjoyed the virtual-realty quality of the 3D in Avatar so much at the theaters, that I drove an hour each way to see the movie in IMAX 3D seven times...

Second, I've just upgraded my basement projection theater with a new Epson 3D projector - watching 3D movies on a 120" screen at home is now pretty much the equivalent experience to what IMAX gives me, so I know I'll want to watch my own copy of Avatar 3D at least a few more times...

And lastly, I have many friends and relatives who come to watch movies in my theater, so I'm showing movies multiple evenings a week. Since I've upgraded to 3D, they'll be wanting to see a lot of 3D movies - and many of them will definitely want to see Avatar in 3D. After the original blu-ray release of Avatar, I had over 50 guests come to my theater to see Avatar in 2D - and I'm amazed at how many people have still not seen the movie once, even in 2D.

So with all this, I know I am going to play the hell out of my copy of Avatar 3D between now and whatever time the public release happens - and if the public release turns out to be the 3D Extended Edition, then I'll be quadruple-dipping when I purchase that one...
Web Link: The FREYMAX 3D Projection Theater Troy Frey
Projection: Epson HC 5010 3D projector, RichVision 120" RF motorized screen
Video: Oppo BDP-93, Pioneer Elite DV-46av
Audio: Denon Professional DN-500AV processor, Behringer MX882 (x2)
Amps: Carver Premier 705av, QSC MX2000a, QSC PL218, Mackie M-1400i
Speakers: Cerwin Vega 380SE Mains, Infinity SM152 Rears, Def Tech CLR2000 Center
LFE: Nuonic ATAK 15", Peavey Dual 18", 3 Clark TST209 Transducers (Seat Shakers) in Sofa

Old 03-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #158
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
?

I've got two copies for sale as soon as I receive them from Panasonic.

WTB: Last Year at Marienbad (Digipack or keep case; sealed; perfect condition)
Old 03-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #159
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrugerIndustrial View Post
I've got two copies for sale as soon as I receive them from Panasonic.
am interested if your wanting a fair price
otherwise your best bet is probably ebay if your looking to profit a bit
(Pre-)ordered: Alice in Wonderland SB / American Hustle / Beetlejuice SB / CA:TWS SB / Robin Hood SB / The Wolf of Wall Street SB / V for Vendetta SB
For Sale/Trade: Lady & the Tramp UK w/slip + TLM US 2D w/3D slip / Mary Poppins, Lady & the Tramp & Dumbo Steelbooks (spares/sealed) PM me
Wanted: Kimichi / Korean Disney steelbook varients
Old 03-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #160

Feb 2012

Its March. Has anyone heard anything? Did Panasonic announce anything?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies