Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98
22 hrs ago
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
9 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
22 hrs ago
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99
13 hrs ago
The Wizard of Oz 3D (Blu-ray)
$46.70
1 hr ago
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$9.99
18 hrs ago
Tammy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
Time Bandits (Blu-ray)
$21.99
6 hrs ago
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$14.99
20 hrs ago
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #441
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by akn View Post
Except those are region B, aren't they? I need region A. Not only do I hate limited releases, I hate regions as well.

I can't believe you found Snow White in stores. If any store has it here (which, really, they don't), it's on "backorder" online and may or may not actually be available. I recently ordered Snow White for $20 from an online bookstore, and it was supposed to be on "special order" and would take 3 - 5 weeks to ship. The order was cancelled, and the product price changed to $40, meaning they DID have it in stock, but wanted to sell it higher.

Thus I am stuck at this crappy price even at regular stores as well as ebay. :/
Oh, sorry, yes it's region B,C locked apparently.
Yeah, I thought it was strange as well, but these must be the last ones that have remained in stock
Old 02-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #442
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Cinderella!!! It's about time

Hey, I am new here, and as I can't create my own thread, I just have a question for you Disney-philes. Would you spend $40 on the OOP Snow White BD or $30 for Sleeping Beauty? My family only recently bought a blu ray player, so I haven't thought about buying BD's till now. I'm on a budget, and there are plenty of BDs available now that I would like to get. But I was wondering if these two would be worth those prices to you (as they're the minimum I'll have to pay if I want them new).

Thanks.
There is only one place I have seen snow white still in the US, and its at FYE, and its not in the blue packaging, its in the DVD packaging, which is probably why they still have it. I would check at your local FYE though, they may still have one if your lucky.

Just in case you didn't hear/see: Beauty and the beast, the enchanted christmas, belles magical world, Bambi, and Bambi II are going back into the vault within the next 2 months. Just a heads up even though you might have seen it at the beggining of the thread haha (: Oh and BTW welcome to the forums!

Last edited by disneyfreak; 02-21-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #443

Nov 2011
Disney Cast Member

Quote:
Cinderella!!! It's about time

Hey, I am new here, and as I can't create my own thread, I just have a question for you Disney-philes. Would you spend $40 on the OOP Snow White BD or $30 for Sleeping Beauty? My family only recently bought a blu ray player, so I haven't thought about buying BD's till now. I'm on a budget, and there are plenty of BDs available now that I would like to get. But I was wondering if these two would be worth those prices to you (as they're the minimum I'll have to pay if I want them new).

Thanks.
Get the sleeping beauty used in the marketplace, there are some great deals usually about $7 with prime. When I got mine it still had its code and everything, slip too.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #444
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07.duane View Post
[Show spoiler]
I see what looks like a Transformers logo in the bottom left hand corner.
Steven
initials SAY
Beyoncé - Sweet Dreams (2008)
Old 02-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #445

Feb 2012
U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak View Post
There is only one place I have seen snow white still in the US, and its at FYE, and its not in the blue packaging, its in the DVD packaging, which is probably why they still have it. I would check at your local FYE though, they may still have one if your lucky.

Just in case you didn't hear/see: Beauty and the beast, the enchanted christmas, belles magical world, Bambi, and Bambi II are going back into the vault within the next 2 months. Just a heads up even though you might have seen it at the beggining of the thread haha (: Oh and BTW welcome to the forums!
It'll be a few weeks before I can make it to an FYE, but thanks for the tip.

I am planning to pick up Bambi soon, and I've ordered Beauty and the Beast. I didn't know the others were going back in the vault, though. Are these sequels any good??

Thanks for the welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
Get the sleeping beauty used in the marketplace, there are some great deals usually about $7 with prime. When I got mine it still had its code and everything, slip too.
The only thing is I'd like to buy these new so I will know whether or not it is a legitimate product (by using the disney movie rewards code inside). I once bought a "brand new" sealed 101 Dalmatians DVD on ebay, and when I tried entering the code, it had already been used. Titles listed as "used" are even easier to fake. I tried asking an ebay seller why all of their "like new" Sleeping Beauty blus didn't come with slipcovers, and they never replied, leading me to think that they were all fake. I try to be as careful as I can about that stuff, but OOP titles are always the worst to shop for. :/

ETA: I see you bought it used. That's good you got a good product. I'm just fed up with getting ripped off by merchants and having to send stuff back and wait eons for refunds, so I'm gonna go ahead and spend the money on a new product. Good thing is I'll only have to do this for a couple of titles before I can just buy them as they become available.

Last edited by akn; 02-21-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #446
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

Quote:
I am planning to pick up Bambi soon, and I've ordered Beauty and the Beast. I didn't know the others were going back in the vault, though. Are these sequels any good??

The only thing is I'd like to buy these new so I will know whether or not it is a legitimate product (by using the disney movie rewards code inside). I once bought a "brand new" sealed 101 Dalmatians DVD on ebay, and when I tried entering the code, it had already been used. Titles listed as "used" are even easier to fake. I tried asking an ebay seller why all of their "like new" Sleeping Beauty blus didn't come with slipcovers, and they never replied, leading me to think that they were all fake. I try to be as careful as I can about that stuff, but OOP titles are always the worst to shop for. :/

ETA: I see you bought it used. That's good you got a good product. I'm just fed up with getting ripped off by merchants and having to send stuff back and wait eons for refunds, so I'm gonna go ahead and spend the money on a new product. Good thing is I'll only have to do this for a couple of titles before I can just buy them as they become available.

it depends on your tastes. they are not as good as the originals, not by a long-shot, but some of them are very enjoyable. Asking if the Disney sequels are good in here will most likely frustrate you. People have different opinions and they can be very passionate on the subject.

As for the eBay seller, you find someone with a great amount of positive feedback. I've bought used items from eBay (Beauty and the Beast: Special Edition OST, Fantasia 1982 OST) and they all were in pristine quality.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:31 PM   #447

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizonline View Post
I see what looks like a Transformers logo in the bottom left hand corner.
WTF never knew that before
Old 02-21-2012, 11:32 PM   #448
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
It'll be a few weeks before I can make it to an FYE, but thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the welcome.
The enchanted christmas IMO is the best sequel disney has ever made, Bambi II is quite good, though its not in the same tone as Bambi, it has more talking, Belles magical world is a dvd only, and has a horrible print at that, Unless you really love beauty and the beast like I do, Its kind of unnecessary, because the whole movie is pretty pointless and the storys have plot holes.

Last edited by disneyfreak; 02-21-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:33 PM   #449
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkie fester View Post
WTF never knew that before
I'm sure he's either joking or referring to the compression artifacts(?) on the bottom left
Old 02-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #450

Feb 2012
U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnds500 View Post
it depends on your tastes. they are not as good as the originals, not by a long-shot, but some of them are very enjoyable. Asking if the Disney sequels are good in here will most likely frustrate you. People have different opinions and they can be very passionate on the subject.

As for the eBay seller, you find someone with a great amount of positive feedback. I've bought used items from eBay (Beauty and the Beast: Special Edition OST, Fantasia 1982 OST) and they all were in pristine quality.
I think I'm going to refrain from buying any sequels, haha. I'd only buy them if I wanted to resell them a year from now or something.

Yeah.. it's just that some sellers don't even know where their items are from. The seller I bought the used "new" item had great feedback and was 100% certain it was new. And some just lie to you. :P I've talked with some sellers, and we've all kind of agreed that the vast majority of Disney titles on there are bootlegs or used "new" titles. I've had similar bad experiences with other sellers when it comes to movies, so ebay is usually my last choice unless I've talked enough with a seller (or "investigated them") to decide whether or not they are for real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak View Post
The enchanted christmas IMO is the best sequel disney has ever made, Bambi II is quite good, though its not in the same tone as Bambi, it has more talking, Belles magical world is a dvd only, and has a horrible print at that, Unless you really love beauty and the beast like I do, Its kind of unnecessary, because the whole movie is pretty pointless and the storys have plot holes.
Maybe I'll just rent it somewhere. Beauty and the Beast wasn't one of my favorites, so I think I'll stick with the classic. Might as well save some money somewhere.

Last edited by akn; 02-21-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:38 PM   #451

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnds500 View Post
I'm sure he's either joking or referring to the compression artifacts(?) on the bottom left
No that was in regards of what he quoted i just didnt relize he qoited it till after i clicked submit
Old 02-21-2012, 11:40 PM   #452
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkie fester View Post
No that was in regards of what he quoted i just didnt relize he qoited it till after i clicked submit
Ok, ok. yeah it's one of their greatest controversies, alongside Jessica rabbit, Aladdin, TLK and The Little Mermaid
Old 02-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #453

Nov 2008
Default What a burst color for the future of entertainment in a home.

I am excited to learn of the Disney Company future release of these catalog titles. What then especially arouses my attention is the engrossing possibility of other catalog titles in the animated domain having an intrum release in the following five year future of high definition.

Why anything can be release into the public market, even Song of the South.
This is the age of marvel, of color, and of heart-warming tales.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:43 AM   #454

Jul 2010
Melbourne, Australia

Pocahontas Double pack should be in stock at my local store this Monday! I can't wait to pick it up
Old 02-22-2012, 01:53 AM   #455

Jan 2011
Pennsylvania

Why is Bambi already going back into the vault?
Old 02-22-2012, 04:01 AM   #456
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehas spoken View Post
Why is Bambi already going back into the vault?
My guess is disney wanted 2 put something in the vault with beauty and the beast, and since they put Fantasia in right away they didn't have anything 2 put in the vault so they just decided 2 put bambi in the vault.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:47 AM   #457

Jan 2012
Staffordshire, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph_m View Post
Pocahontas Double pack should be in stock at my local store this Monday! I can't wait to pick it up
Lucky! Is it coming with a slip in Aus? Can't wait to see how it looks.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #458

Mar 2011

Aussie Disney releases generally don't come in slips anymore.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #459

Jul 2010
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_ben View Post
Lucky! Is it coming with a slip in Aus? Can't wait to see how it looks.
Nah as said above! I think they stoped with slipcovers after Snow White

I'll post pictures/list SF(if any) as soon as I get it... If no one beats me to it of course

Last edited by joseph_m; 02-23-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #460

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph_m View Post
Nah as said above! I think they stoped with slipcovers after Snow White

I'll post pictures/list SF(if any) as soon as I get it... If no one beats me to it of course
Please do! Post pics of the packaging and of it in your Disney collection as well! =)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America