Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)
$14.42
Diablo III (PS3)
$35.21
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)
$19.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS3)
$19.99
Need for Speed Rivals (PS3)
$18.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
$29.99
WWE 2K15 (PS3)
$59.85
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (PS3)
$35.99
Destiny (PS3)
$49.99
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$14.99
Just Dance 4 (PS3)
$18.99
Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3)
$24.99
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
$39.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection (PS3)
$19.99
FIFA 14 (PS3)
$25.99
Dragon's Crown (PS3)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 02-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #841
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

I've been playing ME2 for so long that I can't remember if it gives you the option or not, but a few things pop to the front of my mind jstein and I'll try to explain them to where it doesn't spoil anything.
[Show spoiler]The Council's and Sheperd's Spectre status off the top of my head. Without either you can't intimidate folks in the Thane loyalty. I've been reading up on some other things and just like 2 affects things in 3, 1 affects 2.
These things help you get invested in your character. While you don't have to play any of the games, I think it is best if you do. Still, that's my opinion and I'm a sucker for a good story.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?
Old 02-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #842

Dec 2011
California

If anyone knows where I can get a hold of CE of Mass effect 1&2 for a price, let me know!
Old 02-23-2012, 01:03 AM   #843
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Prattville, Alabama?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
While I agree with you in principle, I wonder do you really mean your options would have been better? Because I don't think playing ME first necessarily gave the ME2 game a better or higher quality. I actually think it's fine to play the games in reverse. ME2 is what got me interested in the ME universe and was the impetus to play ME on the PC. I don't think the order in which they were played detracted from either experience. Having the historical perspective, though, does make the ME2 story, at least for some, much more rich. Since it's a lot more fun to play a new game when it's released and being discussed, if one doesn't have time to play the previous installments before March 6th, I wouldn't recommend it, unless you didn't plan to buy the new release, anyway.

You won't be completely lost, as the codexes do much to explain what things, peoples and places are. They don't answer everything, but enough to satisfy the curiosity.

Probably not all agree.
I think playing ME1 has a bigger impact on ME3 than it did on ME2. When I was playing the demo, there's a bunch of people from Me1 that u didn't see in me2.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #844
Gaming Moderator

Jul 2008
Arkham Asylum

So glad that I have March 5th-7th off of work
Old 02-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #845
Power Member

May 2010
Denmark

Do every class get the Omni blade?
What about granats?
Hands off the compression button, Music industry!
Hands off the DNR button, Blu-Ray producers!
Films are supposed to have grain!

https://twitter.com/Kristofferabild
Old 02-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #846

Mar 2010

Personally I think somebody should play ME before ME2. There are many items in the side missions that show up in ME2 that bring back a nostalgia feeling, plus you get an understanding of the reapers and indoctrination. You also get a Krogan saying "I'll blow your virtual a$$ into actual dust", which is my favorite quote from ME1.

In ME3 we'll see a bunch of your choices from ME1 finally turn a fill circle and either help or hurt your mission. I look forward to going through all my playthroughs and trying out each ending and each romance. So far I have 4 characters. 3 Paragons 1 Renegade. I have romanced Liara, Ashley, Miranda, and my Renegade I'm still working on (I'm thinking of romancing Jack for that character). I still need to make a Fem Shep, plus I need to make another to romance Tali. So many choices.......
Old 02-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #847
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Prattville, Alabama?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristoffer View Post
Do every class get the Omni blade?
What about granats?
yes. but each class has a different type of omni blade (or it might be that way only in co-op)

So I been playing with the engineer and its quickly becoming one of my favs. The gun turret with the flamethrower just kicks ass.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #848
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Columbus, OH
Send a message via Yahoo to l.turner3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefbowl View Post
yes. but each class has a different type of omni blade (or it might be that way only in co-op)

So I been playing with the engineer and its quickly becoming one of my favs. The gun turret with the flamethrower just kicks ass.
You Get Turrets with Engineer?? Awesome

Does anybody find the Vanguard Powers the one where you turn into a Blue Ball and burst at Foes Counterproductive? Everytime I use it i end up getting whacked by 45 Guys Maybe im using it wrong
"I Am Number 4"
Old 02-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #849
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

Biotic Charge? Not counterproductive. Counterintuitive, maybe? It's fine, though. You get 50 - 100% shields when casting it and it allows you to subsequently cast Nova. So you can set it up to Biotic Charge back out again at another foe.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #850
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Prattville, Alabama?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.turner3 View Post
You Get Turrets with Engineer?? Awesome

Does anybody find the Vanguard Powers the one where you turn into a Blue Ball and burst at Foes Counterproductive? Everytime I use it i end up getting whacked by 45 Guys Maybe im using it wrong
not turrets that the enemy has but a little robot that runs around shooting flamethrower.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #851
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. J View Post
So glad that I have March 5th-7th off of work
Just checked my schedule. I do too!

I think I need to play through the demo, some more, too, to try some of the powers and weapons that are improved or new from ME2. I would not otherwise consider playing as vanguard again or engineer at all.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:19 AM   #852
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Prattville, Alabama?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
Just checked my schedule. I do too!

I think I need to play through the demo, some more, too, to try some of the powers and weapons that are improved or new from ME2. I would not otherwise consider playing as vanguard again or engineer at all.
Engineer gets a big upgrade in ME3 while the Sentinel gets a big downgrade. Vanguard is somewhat a love/hate kind of class. I personally love the vanguard class and found it the easiest class to beat insanity in ME2. Not so sure on ME3 though.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #853
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
Engineer gets a big upgrade in ME3 while the Sentinel gets a big downgrade. Vanguard is somewhat a love/hate kind of class. I personally love the vanguard class and found it the easiest class to beat insanity in ME2. Not so sure on ME3 though.
The Engineer needed a big upgrade, though. It was barely usable in ME2. Although it wasn't as bad as many people made it out to be.

I do think the Engineers should have had the tech armor.
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPS!!!!

PS gamertag: Merrick97
Xbox 360: Merrick97
Old 02-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #854
Power Member

May 2010
Denmark

Finally preordered from Amazon UK. Can't wait!
Hands off the compression button, Music industry!
Hands off the DNR button, Blu-Ray producers!
Films are supposed to have grain!

https://twitter.com/Kristofferabild
Old 02-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #855
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Prattville, Alabama?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
The Engineer needed a big upgrade, though. It was barely usable in ME2. Although it wasn't as bad as many people made it out to be.

I do think the Engineers should have had the tech armor.
It wasn't too bad. Just wasnt much fun.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:03 AM   #856
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Prattville, Alabama?!!!

so I'm at level 94 in co-op and i still don't have the widow
Old 02-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #857
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

I just started playing the demo this evening after wrapping up 2 and I have to ask, did 2 even happen the way this demo is playing? I know, I know, it's a demo, but I really hope that isn't what they are implying here. Definitely going to try and wrap up 1 as fast as I can so I can import my femshep into both 2 and 3.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?
Old 02-25-2012, 06:27 AM   #858
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Mass Effect 3 Review in Progress
Approaching zero hour with the Reapers, one update at a time.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219416p1.html
Old 02-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #859
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Prattville, Alabama?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
I just started playing the demo this evening after wrapping up 2 and I have to ask, did 2 even happen the way this demo is playing? I know, I know, it's a demo, but I really hope that isn't what they are implying here. Definitely going to try and wrap up 1 as fast as I can so I can import my femshep into both 2 and 3.
Seems fine to me.

I don't understand why you were playing ME2 when you were planning on going back to playing ME1. After playing ME1, won't you end up playing ME2 again?
Old 02-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #860
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Prattville, Alabama?!!!

Quote:
Seems fine to me.

I don't understand why you were playing ME2 when you were planning on going back to playing ME1. After playing ME1, won't you end up playing ME2 again?
So the sentinel without the tech armor is pretty good. Lol.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Tags
awesomesauce, bioware, mass effect