COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.76
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.98
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Fargo: Season One (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Legend of Korra - Book One: Air (Blu-ray)
$14.22
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Ring (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$31.77
American Horror Story: Coven (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Old 02-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #181
Expert Member

Oct 2008
Northern Illinois
Default The Wall in 2012?

I'm eagerly anticipating Roger Waters "The Wall Live" Blu ray. I know they shot shows in Athens Greece last July but, I'm hoping they'll film some of the upcoming outdoor (baseball stadium) shows this summer. I would love to see some Wrigley Field footage on the eventual Blu ray release, even if it's just a song included in the extras. Oh, and as always... TooL (Live) Blu ray would be the crown jewel of my concert collection!
Mitsubishi 57 inch DLP
Pioneer VSX 1120-K
Energy CF50
Energy CC10
Elemental Designs A2 300
Sony PS3 Slim 160 GB
Nintendo Wii
Old 02-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #182
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
Youngstown, Ohio

I have the Chicago and Earth, Wind & Fire: Live at the Greek Theatre concert on blu-ray.

WOW...WHAT A GREAT CONCERT!!!

The positive energy generated by these two bands during there onstage performances
is so infectious, that the viewer can't help but to get caught up in the excitement.

Picture and lossless audio quality are both great.
Turn up the volume on your AVR to "reference level" and it's like your center stage
at the Greek Theatre for this spectacular concert!

I'am a fan of both bands but didn't think they would mesh together well on the same stage.
Boy was I wrong!
It was amazing at how seamlessly great both bands sounded when they played together onstage.
BenQ W1080ST DLP 3D Projector
Sony BDP-S5200 3D Blu-ray Player
Denon AVR-X4000 Receiver
Pioneer SP-C22 Center Channel Speaker
Pioneer SP-FS52 Floorstanding Speaker x 4
PSA XS15se Subwoofer x 2
Old 02-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #183
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcat4843 View Post
I have the Chicago and Earth, Wind & Fire: Live at the Greek Theatre concert on blu-ray.

WOW...WHAT A GREAT CONCERT!!!

The positive energy generated by these two bands during there onstage performances
is so infectious, that the viewer can't help but to get caught up in the excitement.

Picture and lossless audio quality are both great.
Turn up the volume on your AVR to "reference level" and it's like your center stage
at the Greek Theatre for this spectacular concert!

I'am a fan of both bands but didn't think they would mesh together well on the same stage.
Boy was I wrong!
It was amazing at how seamlessly great both bands sounded when they played together onstage.
Agreed! I was VERY impressed with this one all around when I watched it. Awesome performances and the audio/mix is fantastic!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #184

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Balls View Post
I'm eagerly anticipating Roger Waters "The Wall Live" Blu ray. I know they shot shows in Athens Greece last July but, I'm hoping they'll film some of the upcoming outdoor (baseball stadium) shows this summer. I would love to see some Wrigley Field footage on the eventual Blu ray release, even if it's just a song included in the extras. Oh, and as always... TooL (Live) Blu ray would be the crown jewel of my concert collection!
So you mean only the Greece concert was shot? I don't think so. Toronto 2010 and O2 2011 were also filmed.

Last edited by Gilmourfan; 02-28-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #185
Super Moderator

Sep 2006

That clip... wow....

I was actually coming into this thread to ask if the David Gilmour release has aged well or if there is something else I should be looking at? I have Dave Matthews and NIN (my wife has Mariah Carrey) and I am on an SACD buying spree that has hit a wall. Anything else I should look at?
SUPER POWER NINJA TURBO NEO ULTRA HYPER MEGA MULTI ALPHA META EXTRA UBER PREFIX COMBO!
Old 03-02-2012, 02:51 AM   #186
Super Moderator

Jul 2006
Gilead

Not sure if you like The Police or not Josh, but their Certified Blu-ray is really reference stuff. Fantastic 24/96 surround track and gorgeous picture quality, the versions of Walking on the Moon and Wrapped Around Your Finger are highlights for me.

Essential Blu-ray concert IMO.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:53 AM   #187
Expert Member

Oct 2008
Northern Illinois

I wasn't aware that they filmed the concerts in Toronto. That's kind of strange since it was the first shows of the tour. I love David Gilmore but, that was the worst version of Comfortably Numb that I've ever heard. I wonder if he sang the wrong lyrics at the end just to piss of Roger.
Mitsubishi 57 inch DLP
Pioneer VSX 1120-K
Energy CF50
Energy CC10
Elemental Designs A2 300
Sony PS3 Slim 160 GB
Nintendo Wii
Old 03-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #188
Super Moderator

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
Not sure if you like The Police or not Josh, but their Certified Blu-ray is really reference stuff. Fantastic 24/96 surround track and gorgeous picture quality, the versions of Walking on the Moon and Wrapped Around Your Finger are highlights for me.

Essential Blu-ray concert IMO.
Actually I enjoy The Police an own the "Greatest Hits" SACD, which isn't half-bad (meaning, its a little better than half good ). I'll put that on my tracker. Thanks!
SUPER POWER NINJA TURBO NEO ULTRA HYPER MEGA MULTI ALPHA META EXTRA UBER PREFIX COMBO!
Old 03-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #189
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Actually I enjoy The Police an own the "Greatest Hits" SACD, which isn't half-bad (meaning, its a little better than half good ). I'll put that on my tracker. Thanks!
Agreed, it's a great concert with stuning PQ/AQ. I'm only a casual fan of The Police but ths blu is just plain awesome, will test your setup.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #190

Jan 2011
O-H-I-O

Another great concert blu is Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood Live at Madison Square Garden. I was fortunate enough to actually attend one of their shows, and this blu is a very good representation. Song after song of nothing but major, major hits - for me "Glad" is a definite highlight.

I'm a huge fan of both men, but Eric has been a big disappointment the last couple decades as his guitar playing has taken a back seat to his singing ... mainly he just noodles around anymore and lets Doyle or Derek do all the soloing. Well, here he breaks out of the mold and we see a bit of the old Slowhand. It seems Eric needs to be challenged these days in order for him to channel up his guitar 'muse, but Winwood provides the much-needed provocation in big, heaping doses. The only other recent times when EC has been similarly challenged were the Cream shows and his mini-tour with Jeff Beck.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #191
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
Another great concert blu is Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood Live at Madison Square Garden. I was fortunate enough to actually attend one of their shows, and this blu is a very good representation. Song after song of nothing but major, major hits - for me "Glad" is a definite highlight.

I'm a huge fan of both men, but Eric has been a big disappointment the last couple decades as his guitar playing has taken a back seat to his singing ... mainly he just noodles around anymore and lets Doyle or Derek do all the soloing. Well, here he breaks out of the mold and we see a bit of the old Slowhand. It seems Eric needs to be challenged these days in order for him to channel up his guitar 'muse, but Winwood provides the much-needed provocation in big, heaping doses. The only other recent times when EC has been similarly challenged were the Cream shows and his mini-tour with Jeff Beck.
I guess you missed his 94' BLUES Only Tour, huh?

For his Blues record, "From The Cradle", I was lucky enough to see that tour from about 20 rows back, & was BLOWN AWAY for 2+ hrs with nothing but Incredible BLUES music & Clapton soloing like never before.

Check out some YouTube clips from the above HERE
** Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles in 11 Years!! (2002-2013) **

** R.I.P. - RICHIE HAYWARD - (2/6/46 - 8/12/10) **
POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!"
50" Samsung DLP - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" Set-up - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's
Onkyo TX-SR706 - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: "GENIE"/HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
BLU-RAYS: 926
Old 03-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #192
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post

For his Blues record, "From The Cradle", I was lucky enough to see that tour from about 20 rows back, & was BLOWN AWAY for 2+ hrs with nothing but Incredible BLUES music & Clapton soloing like never before.

Check out some YouTube clips from the above HERE
Wish that tour (caught him in Montreal) was on blu, one great concert with EC playing wath looked like the music he really loved. Smooth as always but just so naturally easy for him. Wish he did more blues.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:38 AM   #193

Oct 2011
Winnipeg, Canada

Anyone see the new Santana at Montreux 2011 that just came out? I have it ordered from Amazon, but think they're waiting for the Phil Collins 2004 Montreux I ordered as well but won't be out till March 26. If you're a fan of blu concerts, Eagle Rock is hard to beat, they seem to do a good job transfering concerts to blu, especially the Montreux stuff. For reference blu audio, I'd recommend Tom Petty's Mojo, which is audio only. I'm also getting a lot of play from the 25th anniversary of the rock and roll hall of fame concerts, very well done.
"Drawn like moths we drift into the city"
Old 03-03-2012, 01:34 AM   #194

Jan 2011
O-H-I-O

Quote:
Welp, I've done it again, sorta ...

I say sorta because, yes, FTC, and esp. the tour, is another "exception" I should have added to my list above; although technically, I think having Jerry Portnoy (Muddy's last harp player) play with him on that tour served as his inspiration for playing so well. That and it gave EC an opportunity to use his vintage guitar collection one last time (before he auctioned off most of them for CR). I saw (4) shows on the FTC tour and during each show it was like a parade of classic guitars one song after the other. Was last time to see him play the 'cherry Gibsons (335, etc.) and others from his early days. Also, set list was killer - .44 Blues, etc.

On a movie-related note, it is an absolute shame that the Martin Scorsese film shot for this tour was never released, supposedly due to EC not being happy with his performance. Well, I have a pristine VHS dub of it, and the show was spectacular. A blu-ray release would be a dream ...

Finally, there is another unreleased concert that showed EC taking off the binders - Bob Dylan 30th Anniversary Concert. I have a VHS of this show as well and wish it would have at least made it to DVD.

Sorry for the length, but I'm a huge EC fan ... it's just that I am disappointed with the direction he has taken with his music in the last coupla decades. Perhaps it's because I am spoiled, as I was there for the "beginning". But on the other hand, EC contemporaries like Jeff Beck have just gotten better and better with age. I suspect though that part of the issue with EC is that he doesn't have (or want to spend) the time it takes to really keep his chops up, let alone evolve (yet) again. He's really happy with his family and that is #1 for him now days. I occasionally spot him and the family here in our city (well, suburb ...) and he is always beaming when he is with them. Glad he finally found a little peace.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:52 AM   #195
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
Welp, I've done it again, sorta ...

[Show spoiler]I say sorta because, yes, FTC, and esp. the tour, is another "exception" I should have added to my list above; although technically, I think having Jerry Portnoy (Muddy's last harp player) play with him on that tour served as his inspiration for playing so well. That and it gave EC an opportunity to use his vintage guitar collection one last time (before he auctioned off most of them for CR). I saw (4) shows on the FTC tour and during each show it was like a parade of classic guitars one song after the other. Was last time to see him play the 'cherry Gibsons (335, etc.) and others from his early days. Also, set list was killer - .44 Blues, etc.

On a movie-related note, it is an absolute shame that the Martin Scorsese film shot for this tour was never released, supposedly due to EC not being happy with his performance. Well, I have a pristine VHS dub of it, and the show was spectacular. A blu-ray release would be a dream ...

[Show spoiler]Finally, there is another unreleased concert that showed EC taking off the binders - Bob Dylan 30th Anniversary Concert. I have a VHS of this show as well and wish it would have at least made it to DVD.

Sorry for the length, but I'm a huge EC fan ... it's just that I am disappointed with the direction he has taken with his music in the last coupla decades. Perhaps it's because I am spoiled, as I was there for the "beginning". But on the other hand, EC contemporaries like Jeff Beck have just gotten better and better with age. I suspect though that part of the issue with EC is that he doesn't have (or want to spend) the time it takes to really keep his chops up, let alone evolve (yet) again.

He's really happy with his family and that is #1 for him now days. I occasionally spot him and the family here in our city (well, suburb ...) and he is always beaming when he is with them. Glad he finally found a little peace.
Yea, I thought I heard something about that BLUES Film "Marty" did, but it's truly a shame EC isn't (as you say) happy with his performance. For 90% of the show I attended in 94', my head was down, eyes closed, just LISTENING to the musicianship. Truly one of the most Spectacular "LIVE" Concert EVENTS I've witnessed
[Show spoiler](& I was @ "Live Aid" in Philly to name one of Many)

As for the 2nd part about his family, hey, he isn't getting any younger, has TONS of $$$$$$$ to relax & enjoy with his family, so I have no issues with that
[Show spoiler](more power to him, or anyone for that matter, if they can afford that Luxury, right? Same for D. BOWIE it seems, last seen "LIVE" in 2006)
** Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles in 11 Years!! (2002-2013) **

** R.I.P. - RICHIE HAYWARD - (2/6/46 - 8/12/10) **
POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!"
50" Samsung DLP - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" Set-up - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's
Onkyo TX-SR706 - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: "GENIE"/HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
BLU-RAYS: 926

Last edited by Aerodude73; 03-03-2012 at 01:56 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #196

Feb 2011
Santa Cruz, Ca
Default Older Joe Bonamassa Concert

For those of you who appreciate Joe's "Royal Albert Hall" show and are eagerly anticipating his new concert release form the Beacon Theater, I have another for you to check out.

A version of his 2002 release of "So, It's Like That" contains a DVD as well. It's not listed on the front or back of the CD cover. The only clue I had that there was more than one disc included was the "2CD" label on the upper left corner of the case.

The show was recorded at Pierre's Entertainment Center in Fort Wayne Indiana on December 21, 2001. Joe plays with Eric Czar on bass and Kenny Kramme on drums. It is stereo only.

Fans ring the stage as Joe lets loose for an hour and 45 minute show. He's as polished as ever, with a bit more rage than the Royal Albert Hall show. A great look at this amazing guitarist as he worked to establish himself.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #197
Special Member

Dec 2010
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
Agreed, it's a great concert with stuning PQ/AQ. I'm only a casual fan of The Police but ths blu is just plain awesome, will test your setup.
Along with the structural integrity of your house.
Display:Samsung 65" LED A/V Receiver: Yamaha RX-V667 Amp for Mains: Behringer A500 Mains: Genesis Physics Model 10 Center: Bic DV62CLR-S Surrounds: (4) Yamaha NSIW480C Subs: (2) Creative Sound Solutions SD12 in (2) 4.9 cube slot port tuned to 19 Hz Sub Amp: Crown XLS 802D Sub EQ: ED Eq.2 Rear Sub: 12" JL Audio 1.75 cube Sealed 200 Watt Plate Amp Blu-ray player: Sony BDP-S590 DVD/DVD-A/SACD: Pioneer DV-610AV-K TV/Equipment Stand Whalen Nova
Old 03-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #198

Jan 2012
Michigan

I Just got into Blu-ray concerts recently, thus far I am really impressed. Only have two so far Tori Amos, and Jewel.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:13 PM   #199
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
I Just got into Blu-ray concerts recently, thus far I am really impressed. Only have two so far Tori Amos, and Jewel.
There are dozens of excellent concert blus out there, check out the reviews or even just mention which style of music you like and you'll proabbly get great recommendations also. It's highly addictive.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:17 PM   #200
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMN8R View Post
Along with the structural integrity of your house.
You bet it does. Unfortunately I live in an upper duplex so can't really listen at reference levels, but for that I go at my buddy's real man cave, nice pj 9.2 setup and it rattles the house when we play it there, quite impressive. You rarely hear a bass drum sound so real.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles > Blu-ray Music and High Quality Music