COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$19.99
Star Trek (PS3)
$8.97
Silent Hill: Downpour (PS3)
$22.21
South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3)
$29.99
Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus (PS3)
$14.17
Puppeteer (PS3)
$19.99
Magus (PS3)
$12.99
Hakuoki (PS3)
$39.99
Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist Of Arland (PS3)
$27.35
Minecraft Playstation 3 Edition (PS3)
$18.74
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3)
$29.99
Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy (PS3)
$21.89
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$29.45
Borderlands (PS3)
$18.80
Tales of Graces f (PS3)
$42.78
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (PS3)
$19.99
Dynasty Warriors 8 (PS3)
$29.99
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (PS3)
$49.96
Battlefield 4 (PS3)
$28.55

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 02-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #401
Special Member

Dec 2007
Hazleton, Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22soultaker View Post
Why? This game is bad ass. Couple problems with online, kinda happens with every single online game. Other then that i mean a 9/10 isnt worth buying?
Yes this game is bad ass. Haven't played online yet tho, but that's because my internet sucks.
PSN: T_A_N1987
Let's Go Titans
Lets go Cubbies
Team Raven
Old 02-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #402

May 2010
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
Ha, wow that was simultaneous posting. Nice. Yeah there's still a lot of network issues, last night it took about 6-9 tries for me to get in a game, and that's without a friend. And yes, good May-face, one of my favorites. I anticipate something good tomorrow too when they tackle
[Show spoiler]mobility scooters LOL

I'm almost there, just passed halfway on Grimm's story. My approach so far (probably horrible) is to use Axel/Outlaw and garage for them unless there's Juggernauts, in which I start with Talon before switching to a ground attack after they are eliminated.
How do you use Axle on Grimms story? I'm on the final boss and haven't unlocked Axle yet...

Also, for online - as you level up do you unlock more vehicle? How does that work?
Old 02-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #403
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

I haven't tried coop campaign yet..but on single player..it's near impossible to get gold on every campaign on Twisted difficulty
my Game Collection

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 02-21-2012, 12:14 AM   #404

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundyblu View Post
How do you use Axle on Grimms story? I'm on the final boss and haven't unlocked Axle yet...

Also, for online - as you level up do you unlock more vehicle? How does that work?
Axle was a pre-order bonus. He can't be unlocked in-game.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #405
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanuel1987 View Post
Axle was a pre-order bonus. He can't be unlocked in-game.
I believe Jaffe went on record saying they will unlock it for everyone after 30 days or so. It's not locked away forever.

On another note, I beat the game last night on Normal difficulty. Pretty fun, and I don't think there's any way I could beat it on Twisted, at least by myself. My favorite story ending cutscene though was Sweet Tooth. With Grimm and Doll Face, as soon as I heard their final "wording" of the wish, I knew what would happen.

Also, when you do beat the story, let everything play through. So you'll see Doll ending>credits>epilogue 1>more credits>epilogue 2.
YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:04 AM   #406
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Amako View Post
I thought I read that Eat Sleep Play was downsized after this game was completed, so I don't know how many developers remain to work on DLC.
after you beat the campaign
[Show spoiler]you see Preacher, a character from the previous TMs
So I guess this could be indication that there will be additions to the campaign via DLC, that and the fact that it says that the game will have DLC on the back of the game case as one of the game's features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
I believe Jaffe went on record saying they will unlock it for everyone after 30 days or so. It's not locked away forever.
yeah, same as the other games out there, you'll just have to buy it as a DLC
my Game Collection

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 02-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #407
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psybits View Post
after you beat the campaign
[Show spoiler]you see Preacher, a character from the previous TMs
So I guess this could be indication that there will be additions to the campaign via DLC, that and the fact that it says that the game will have DLC on the back of the game case as one of the game's features.

yeah, same as the other games out there, you'll just have to buy it as a DLC
1) Jaffe SPECIFICALLY said that Axel would not be PAID dlc, and would be unlocked in-game after a set period of time. I believe this is similar to the free physical warfare pack BF3 had last fall that was a pre-order bonus for Gamestop I think.

2)I highly doubt we see campaign DLC. If they do any, it would be vehicles/characters/map I would think. But I would rather they fix all the online crap before they even think about DLC. I want a working game before I want more content.

3)They put DLC on the back just to cover their butt just in case. It does not guarantee they will have any DLC. Just like MGS4's GH case says trophies but it clearly does not have any.
YNWA.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:18 AM   #408
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Connecticut

I downloaded the demo but went to try it today and it said the content expired??
Got my first Blu-ray on September 28th 2011!
100 Blu-ray's on 2/10/13

PS4 tag= Subaru1324
Old 02-21-2012, 01:33 AM   #409
Special Member

Jul 2007
Planet Earth
Default Just sold it

I did it. I went to Gamestop and sold my Twisted Metal with a bunch of other games. I used my store credit to buy Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Man, I really wanted to love TM but that stupid race just turned me off from it. I didn't even get to play multiplayer either. Oh well, at least I have TM Black to play.
Jar Jar Binks is so underatted
Old 02-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #410

Aug 2009

I love this game.

Best soundtrack ever.
Most Wanted Games

Killzone: Shadowfall -- InFamous: Second Son
Old 02-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #411

Aug 2009

According to VGchartz, Twisted Metal sold over 200,000 in North America last week and was the #1 selling game in the world.

Keep in mind it hasnt even been released in Europe yet.
Most Wanted Games

Killzone: Shadowfall -- InFamous: Second Son
Old 02-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #412
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNathanDrake View Post
According to VGchartz, Twisted Metal sold over 200,000 in North America last week and was the #1 selling game in the world.

Keep in mind it hasnt even been released in Europe yet.
Not really credible source on units sold. Might be right, but I wouldn't take it that seriously.

Previous TM Europe sales + delay = probably not going to add a whole lot to the US count.

In other news, a patch went out last night with server-side fixes going live this morning. I was able to play 4 or 5 games in a row today without error/kicked. In comparison, I had yet to play 5 full games since release until today because of the horrible online crap.
YNWA.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #413
Special Member

Dec 2009
VA

That's good to hear, because immediately after the patch came out the servers were down (for me) for an hour! I did play later, but assumed that stability would come gradually, rather than immediately. I was still getting kicked out quite frequently. Game is a blast when I can actually get into a match, though.

And yeah, I'd take those Vgchartz numbers as definite "maybes." Their numbers have only seemed to grow worse over time.
Currently Playing: TLOU Remastered, Rogue Legacy, Halo Spartan Assault, Wolfenstein

Looking Forward to: Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3
Old 02-26-2012, 12:46 AM   #414
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariakon View Post
That's good to hear, because immediately after the patch came out the servers were down (for me) for an hour! I did play later, but assumed that stability would come gradually, rather than immediately. I was still getting kicked out quite frequently. Game is a blast when I can actually get into a match, though.

And yeah, I'd take those Vgchartz numbers as definite "maybes." Their numbers have only seemed to grow worse over time.
Yeah, I saw on twitter that Jaffe said they were having problems with non-patchers trying to matchmake with those with patch, and so last night they did a full server reboot. I still get some network errors, and now I'm getting a lot more "room is full" errors when trying to join, but at least I'm getting to play some, compared to last week.The game is actually fun when you get to actually play.
YNWA.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #415
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

If you're going for the 30 days in a row of ranked wins trophy, this Thursday you need to do it between 12am and 8am.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=194615
YNWA.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #416

Mar 2008

I just redboxed this a few hours ago, like halfway through sweet tooths story now. At first I didn't care for it but it's growing on me. There's still a lot of frustrating moments sometimes. I do miss the controls from tm 2. Tm 1 and 2 were childhood favorites and I find myself thinking back to those a lot. Cant try multiplayer on the rental so I'm just gonna burn through the story and return it, not feeling like a must own to me yet.
PSN ID; romac1314
Old 03-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #417
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008
Wrestling in Ireland. PSNetwork: Nerdkiller316PSN Nerds beaten up: Loads
Send a message via MSN to Nerdkiller likes BD Send a message via Skype™ to Nerdkiller likes BD

Well, isn't this just great? I went all they way up to GameStop, thinking that Twisted Metal was going to release today, but then I find out that it's been delayed further over here until the 16th. I didn't want to believe it, but then I checked on Amazon, only to find out that it isn't releasing until that date either. YEESH!
"GIT OUTTA MY OFFICE!" -Matt Groening

My stance on Anime...I just can't understand any of it, everyone is either a 10 year old girl or a monster.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #418
Power Member

Aug 2006
Long Island, NY;psn:phranctoast

Well... be happy it's launching without all it's network issues. What a PITA that was to deal with.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #419
Special Member

Feb 2009
hollister ca

So the online is better. I stop playing so bad.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #420
Special Member

Dec 2010

wasn't going to buy this but somehow I did.. and boy am I glad I did! so much fun and so addictive, I had to force myself to stop and go to bed
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3