Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, From $3.99 »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99
2 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
3 hrs ago
A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$11.99
1 hr ago
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$11.99
31 min ago
X-Men and the Wolverine Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
1 hr ago
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
4 hrs ago
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
4 hrs ago
Big Trouble in Little China (Blu-ray)
$3.99
46 min ago
Rush (Blu-ray)
$7.99
4 hrs ago
Downton Abbey: Seasons 1, 2, 3 & 4 (Blu-ray)
$39.99
4 hrs ago
24: Live Another Day (Blu-ray)
$19.99
4 hrs ago

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 02-07-2012, 06:28 AM   #21

Feb 2009

My BD-P1500 has behaved quite well with the firmware 3.1, recently. No wierd happenings at all since the incident with the Green Hornet. Just like advanced computers, you occasionally have to burn incense and do a special dance to make them work properly. In reality something as simple as unplugging the player for 1 hour, then turning it on again, can remove all the gremlins.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #22
Power Member

Dec 2010
St. Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berting View Post
My BD-P1500 has behaved quite well with the firmware 3.1, recently. No wierd happenings at all since the incident with the Green Hornet. Just like advanced computers, you occasionally have to burn incense and do a special dance to make them work properly. In reality something as simple as unplugging the player for 1 hour, then turning it on again, can remove all the gremlins.
yeah haven't experienced any oddities for awhile until no sound again tonight but its common routine to just turn it off and back on and its fixed lol.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #23

Feb 2009

Might enjoy playing The Artist on my BD-P1500, don't need sound.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #24
Power Member

Dec 2010
St. Louis

At this point, its more of a mild discomfort than a flat out paranoia trip on my ocd-like characteristics when it comes to my setup. I just wish anything related to my tv never had issues. It hasn't happened for a long time and then just tonight I pause Seven for a split second to adjust myself and my dog on my lap and then it wont communicate with the remote to play or anything but power off. It came right back on and worked but I shouldn't have to do this to begin with especially when I am 99% positive its a firmware issue.

Like I said, not a big deal, but I have to tell myself that every time an incident occurs. Would you even upgrade to the newest firmware when it comes out in hopes that this issue could be resolved?
Old 03-05-2012, 04:13 AM   #25

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by beware View Post
At this point, its more of a mild discomfort than a flat out paranoia trip on my ocd-like characteristics when it comes to my setup. I just wish anything related to my tv never had issues. It hasn't happened for a long time and then just tonight I pause Seven for a split second to adjust myself and my dog on my lap and then it wont communicate with the remote to play or anything but power off. It came right back on and worked but I shouldn't have to do this to begin with especially when I am 99% positive its a firmware issue.

Like I said, not a big deal, but I have to tell myself that every time an incident occurs. Would you even upgrade to the newest firmware when it comes out in hopes that this issue could be resolved?
I still find that my BD-P1500 runs faster and misbehaves, less often with firmware 3.1. The above incident happened to me a few times with older firmware, not yet with version 3.1.
Nevertheless, I find with most of my electronic equipment (whether modems routers laptops or Blu-ray players) I have to unplug them for a short period from time to time for them not to misbehave. Kind of like rebooting the pc from time to time.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #26
Power Member

Dec 2010
St. Louis

I just switched players and am now using the 1600 that was in my room in the living room.

Last edited by beware; 03-19-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #27

Feb 2009

Quote:
I just switched players and am now using the 1600 that was in my room in the living room.
Is it any better?
Old 03-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #28
Power Member

Dec 2010
St. Louis

Quote:
Is it any better?
Experienced no sound out of it once tonight while attempting to play a film...I am starting to think powering on the player and immediately putting in the disc is the wrong way to go. I have been turning on the player, letting it run for 30 seconds and put the disc in with no issues.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #29

Feb 2009

Quote:
Experienced no sound out of it once tonight while attempting to play a film...I am starting to think powering on the player and immediately putting in the disc is the wrong way to go. I have been turning on the player, letting it run for 30 seconds and put the disc in with no issues.
I power on the TV, wait 30 sec, then power on the player wait 30 sec, or more, then open insert disc, no sound issues. My Toshiba TV manual suggested doing this if using HDMI.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #30
Power Member

Dec 2010
St. Louis

My 1500 is still kicking, I have noticed it takes a little longer to load certain titles (especially universal) but its still going strong...

It took forever to load ET, so much so I turned it off and back on without waiting that much longer...
Old 02-17-2013, 02:24 AM   #31

Feb 2009

So is mine. In fact as I said in another thread since the firmware update of Dec 2011, it has been excellent. BTW, it did take a while to load ET.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #32
Banned

Mar 2013

Sorry, I am not very understanding on this issue so I gave not the one you want recommendations
Old 06-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #33
Power Member

Dec 2010
St. Louis

Anyone have any idea why it had issues with a dvd tonight? the player was running and playing but the output on the tv kept saying no signal. I had to turn it off and on again for it to play normally.

Blurays are just fine, watched one right before incident and no issue, right after incident as well...nothing.

Last edited by beware; 06-09-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:46 AM   #34

Feb 2009

Mine has done that a couple of times. I play a Blu-ray disc then a DVD right after, the DVD doesn't work. I turn off the player and on again and it is fine. A glitch!
Old 07-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #35
Power Member

Dec 2010
St. Louis

Quote:
Mine has done that a couple of times. I play a Blu-ray disc then a DVD right after, the DVD doesn't work. I turn off the player and on again and it is fine. A glitch!
So your player is still going strong? Mine is, it did freeze on a disclaimer before a film but its probably my fault for hitting so many buttons on the remote in rapid session lol. Played the movie and the one right after fine though lol.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #36

Feb 2009

Quote:
So your player is still going strong? Mine is, it did freeze on a disclaimer before a film but its probably my fault for hitting so many buttons on the remote in rapid session lol. Played the movie and the one right after fine though lol.
Yes, my 1500 is still doing just fine. In fact it is better than when it was new!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #37

Feb 2009

I am curious if Samsung plans another firmware update for the 1500 in the near future. The last update was Dec 2011.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #38
Power Member

Dec 2010
St. Louis

I recently bought this (Savages) and I have a Samsung BD-P1500 and I had an issue with it tonight. Universal titles take a little longer to load in my player and everything was good until I hit play. It went through the whole piracy disclaimer and that this version features footage added into the theatrical version and then when its supposed to give the Universal title page, nothing. It stayed a blank screen and the player made no noise but said menu. I know with disc issues you can hear the player trying to read the disc but this time no noise was made. It just seemed to stop before it ever started, restarted the player and it showed the generic “BD live” info and the film started without incident. Maybe it was just the 1 time but I took the disc out and tried again, same thing. Everything loaded just fine and then it stopped before it ever started but restarted made the BD live info appear and the film start.

Would this be a disc issue, related to the player somehow or does the fact that its BD live capable and my player cannot even hook up to the internet the culprit? I am going to try it a few times this week and see if its an ongoing issue..but opinions would be great.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #39
Power Member

Dec 2010
St. Louis

anybody? generic longer load time for a universal title but tonight it loaded all just fine.

Last edited by beware; 07-26-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:31 AM   #40

Feb 2009

I have never noticed longer load times with Universal, so I played a couple tonight without problem. (The 1500 always loaded a little slow.) I suspect a disc issue.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders