Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$11.12
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 5-8 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
The Faculty (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 02-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #81
Banned

Nov 2008
-

seen 3 movies so far this year.. they were all decent but I wont be buying on Blu

In Order

Top Movies/ Will be Buying on BD

1. Goon

Enjoyed but wont be buying on Blu

2. The Woman In Black
3. Chronicle
4. The Grey
5. The Vow
6. Safe House

Hated/Disliked

Last edited by nolfoc; 02-27-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #82
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

1) The Artist 9.5/10
2) Chronicle 8.5/10
3) Kill List 8.5/10
4) War Horse 7/10

Watched in Cinemas
Watched on Blu
Released 2011 US but 2012 UK
Watched in 3D
Watched TV/Rent/Netflix etc.
New Addition
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: Fury. Nightcrawler. Mr. Turner. Interstellar. The Drop. The Imitation Game. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1. Horrible Bosses 2. Men, Women and Children. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Frank. Godzilla. Gone Girl. The Rover. The Raid 2. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #83
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011

1. He Loves Me | A cute, witty, and surprisingly dark examination of the nature of relationships; A modern romantic classic. | MVP: Zoe Kazan
2. The Secret World of Arrietty | Simple yet magical; Quality wholesome fun for all ages. | MVP: Hiromasa Yonebayashi

3. Clown: The Movie | Extremely irreverent and raunchy; A top-notch road trip buddy comedy that will leave you in stitches and awe. | MVP: Frank Hvam
4. The Grey | Two-thirds mainstream, one-third art-house tale of survival. | MVP: Liam Neeson

5. Haywire | Typical action plot presented in a not-so-typical manner. | MVP: Steven Soderbergh
6. The Innkeepers | A nice, little haunted house tale that's slightly higher on comedy than scares. | MVP: Sara Paxton

7. The Hunter | Competent eco-drama featuring breathtaking locales. | MVP: Robert Humphreys
8. Chronicle | The three leads are great, but found-footage has more than worn out its welcome. | MVP: Dane DeHaan

9. The Woman in Black | An inferior (but passable) remake loaded with jump scares and baffling revisions.
10. Silent House | Excellently eerie first half goes downhill thanks to laughably lazy writing and a tired twist. | MVP: Elizabeth Olsen
11. Snowtown | Disturbing but meandering account of Australia's most infamous murders. | MVP: Lucas Pittaway
12. The Vow | Harmless, average date movie. | MVP: Rachel McAdams

13. Headhunters | Mindless violence. | MVP: Aksel Hennie
14. Underworld: Awakening | An amalgamation of everything wrong with Hollywood.

* Titles in red are movies most recently watched.
BLU-RAY WISHLIST: Before Trilogy | The Circus | Cure | The Decalogue | Departures | It's Such a Beautiful Day | Linda Linda Linda | The Man Who Planted Trees | Mon Oncle d'Amérique | My Sassy Girl | The Red Balloon | Roman Holiday | Woman in the Dunes

TOP 10 OF 2014: Boyhood | The Raid 2 | Guardians of the Galaxy | X-Men: DoFP | We Are the Best! | Life Itself | The Double | Gone Girl | Nightcrawler | Edge of Tomorrow
Old 02-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #84

Nov 2010
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
1) The Artist 9.5/10
2) Chronicle 8.5/10
3) Kill List 8.5/10
4) War Horse 7/10

Watched in Cinemas
Watched on Blu
Watched in 3D
New Addition
The secret world of Arietty 8/10
Old 03-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #85
Blu-ray Count

May 2011
Texas

1) The Grey
2) Haywire
3) Chronicle

I wonder whether to include films that premiered in festivals or in other places around the world last year. I loved Arrietty, saw Rampart earlier this week, got to see A Separation (just began to play) but I consider those 2011 films. I think Arrietty was first released in 2010.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #86
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008

1) The Artist 9.5/10
2) Chronicle 8.5/10
3) Kill List 8.5/10
4) War Horse 7/10
5) This Means War 3.5/10

Watched in Cinemas
Watched on Blu
Watched in 3D
New Addition
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: Fury. Nightcrawler. Mr. Turner. Interstellar. The Drop. The Imitation Game. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1. Horrible Bosses 2. Men, Women and Children. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Frank. Godzilla. Gone Girl. The Rover. The Raid 2. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:02 AM   #87
Expert Member

Mar 2011
In the middle of nowhere

1. Chronicle 4/5
2. Safe House 4/5
3. Act of Valor 3/5
4. This Means War 3/5
5. Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy 2/5

Old movies rereleased

1. Beauty and the Beast 3D 5/5
2. Star Wars Episode I 3D 4/5
"You wrote that the world doesn't need a savior, but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 03-05-2012, 03:38 AM   #88
Banned

Nov 2008
-

In Order

Top Movies/ Will be Buying on BD

1. Goon

Enjoyed but wont be buying on Blu

2. The Woman In Black
3. Chronicle
4. The Grey
5. The Vow
6. Safe House

Hated/Disliked

7. ATM

Last edited by nolfoc; 03-08-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #89
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
Youngstown, Ohio

So far:

1. Act of Valor
2. Safe House
3. Contraband

Will be adding all three of these flicks to my blu-ray collection.
BenQ W1080ST DLP 3D Projector
Sony BDP-S5200 3D Blu-ray Player
Denon AVR-X4000 Receiver
Pioneer SP-C22 Center Channel Speaker
Pioneer SP-FS52 Floorstanding Speaker x 4
PSA XS15se Subwoofer x 2
Old 03-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #90
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011

1. He Loves Me | A cute, witty, and surprisingly dark examination of the nature of relationships; A modern romantic classic. | MVP: Zoe Kazan
2. The Secret World of Arrietty | Simple yet magical; Quality wholesome fun for all ages. | MVP: Hiromasa Yonebayashi

3. Clown: The Movie | Extremely irreverent and raunchy; A top-notch road trip buddy comedy that will leave you in stitches and awe. | MVP: Frank Hvam
4. The Grey | Two-thirds mainstream, one-third art-house tale of survival. | MVP: Liam Neeson
5. John Carter | A sci-fi epic with a nice mix of everything. | MVP: Michael Giacchino

6. Detachment | An insightful and grim look into the American education system and the state of the youth. | MVP: Carl Lund
7. Goon | A blood-soaked underdog sports comedy featuring an amusing ragtag bunch of misfits. | MVP: Seann William Scott
8. Haywire | Typical action plot presented in a not-so-typical manner. | MVP: Steven Soderbergh
9. The Innkeepers | A little haunted house tale that's slightly higher on comedy than scares. | MVP: Sara Paxton

10. The Hunter | Competent eco-drama featuring breathtaking locales. | MVP: Robert Humphreys
11. Chronicle | The three leads are great, but found-footage has more than worn out its welcome. | MVP: Dane DeHaan

12. The Woman in Black | An inferior (but passable) remake loaded with jump scares and baffling revisions.
13. Silent House | Excellently eerie first half goes downhill thanks to laughably lazy writing and a tired twist. | MVP: Elizabeth Olsen
14. Snowtown | Disturbing but meandering account of Australia's most infamous murders. | MVP: Lucas Pittaway
15. The Vow | Harmless, average date movie. | MVP: Rachel McAdams

16. Headhunters | Mindless violence. | MVP: Aksel Hennie
17. Underworld: Awakening | An amalgamation of everything wrong with Hollywood.

BLU-RAY WISHLIST: Before Trilogy | The Circus | Cure | The Decalogue | Departures | It's Such a Beautiful Day | Linda Linda Linda | The Man Who Planted Trees | Mon Oncle d'Amérique | My Sassy Girl | The Red Balloon | Roman Holiday | Woman in the Dunes

TOP 10 OF 2014: Boyhood | The Raid 2 | Guardians of the Galaxy | X-Men: DoFP | We Are the Best! | Life Itself | The Double | Gone Girl | Nightcrawler | Edge of Tomorrow
Old 03-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #91
Expert Member

Mar 2011
In the middle of nowhere

1. Chronicle 4/5
2. Safe House 4/5
3. John Carter in IMAX 3D 3.5/5
4. Act of Valor 3/5
5. This Means War 3/5
6. Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy 2/5

Old movies rereleased

1. Beauty and the Beast 3D 5/5
2. Star Wars Episode I 3D 4/5
"You wrote that the world doesn't need a savior, but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 03-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #92
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
Out there...past the trees...

My first-ever film of 2012 is...

1.) John Carter 3-D 4/5 *

* = seen in cinema.

More to come later! Just saw the trailer for "The Avengers," and I can't wait already!
Old 03-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #93
Special Member

Apr 2010
Rochester, NY

Currently have seen 24 movies in the theater during the 2012 calendar year

2012 FILMS

One for the Money - (02/03/12)
The Woman in Black - (02/04/12)
The Vow - (02/17/12)
The Secret World of Arrietty - (02/18/12)
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island - (02/18/12)
This Means War - (02/26/12)
Project X - (03/03/12)
21 Jump Street - (03/08/12)
John Carter - (03/10/12)
Silent House - (03/11/12)

8/10 (B)
The Grey - (01/27/12)
Man on a Ledge - (01/28/12)
The Lorax - (03/02/12)

3/10 (D+)
Underworld: Awakening - (01/21/12)

2/10 (D)
The Devil Inside - (01/08/12)

OTHER FILMS SEEN IN THEATERS DURING 2012 CALENDAR YEAR

A Dangerous Method - (01/29/12)

10/10 (A+)
Beauty and the Beast 3D - (01/13/12)
The Artist - (01/21/12)

10/10 (A)
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D - (02/10/12)

9/10 (A-)
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - (01/09/12)
War Horse - (01/14/12)

8/10 (B+)
Shame - (01/22/12)

8/10 (B)
The Iron Lady - (01/15/12)

7/10 (B-)
We Bought a Zoo - (01/02/12)

If a grade has not been posted, I have not done a review yet as of this posting
Blu-Ray Total: 479
Slipcover Total: 234
Steelbook Total: 30
Stay up to date with my hauls, reviews and other movie news at MNMreviews and WeLiveFilm
Old 03-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #94

Nov 2011
New York DomesticDigibooks.............88 ForeignDigibooks..................8

Movies I have seen so far:

1. Red Tails 3/5
2. *Star Wars Ep1 3D 3/5
3. Thin Ice 3.5/5
4. *21 Jump Street 4/5

* = movies to be added to my movie collection
Top 10 Favorite Movies in No Particular Order: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Empire Strikes Back, Sherlock Holmes Smarter Brother, Spider-Man 2, Young Frankenstein, Some Like It Hot, Shaolin Soccer, Ben-Hur, Fist of Legend, Star Trek

Current Setup:
Samsung UN55D8000
OPPO BDP-103
Bose V35 HTS

Last edited by captaincarl; 03-17-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:06 AM   #95
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011

5. John Carter | A sci-fi epic with a nice mix of everything. | MVP: Michael Giacchino

6. 21 Jump Street | Solid and clever buddy cop movie; Maybe Tatum should stick to comedy. | MVP: Jonah Hill
7. Detachment | An insightful and grim look into the American education system and the state of the youth. | MVP: Carl Lund
8. Goon | A blood-soaked underdog sports comedy featuring an amusing ragtag bunch of misfits. | MVP: Seann William Scott
9. Haywire | Typical action plot presented in a not-so-typical manner. | MVP: Steven Soderbergh
10. The Innkeepers | A little haunted house tale that's slightly higher on comedy than scares. | MVP: Sara Paxton

11. The Hunter | Competent eco-drama featuring breathtaking locales. | MVP: Robert Humphreys
12. Chronicle | The three leads are great, but found-footage has more than worn out its welcome. | MVP: Dane DeHaan

13. The Woman in Black | An inferior (but passable) remake loaded with jump scares and baffling revisions.
14. The Loved Ones | Interesting premise, shaky execution; Needs a good remake. | MVP: Robin McLeavy
15. Silent House | Excellently eerie first half goes downhill thanks to laughably lazy writing and a tired twist. | MVP: Elizabeth Olsen
16. The Snowtown Murders | Disturbing but meandering account of Australia's most infamous murders. | MVP: Lucas Pittaway
17. The Vow | Harmless, average date movie. | MVP: Rachel McAdams

18. Headhunters | Mindless violence. | MVP: Aksel Hennie
19. Underworld: Awakening | An amalgamation of everything wrong with Hollywood.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #96
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvince View Post

6. 21 Jump Street | Solid and clever buddy cop movie; Maybe Tatum should stick to comedy. | MVP: Jonah Hill
7. Detachment | An insightful and grim look into the American education system and the state of the youth. | MVP: Carl Lund
8. Goon | A blood-soaked underdog sports comedy featuring an amusing ragtag bunch of misfits. | MVP: Seann William Scott
9. Haywire | Typical action plot presented in a not-so-typical manner. | MVP: Steven Soderbergh
10. The Innkeepers | A little haunted house tale that's slightly higher on comedy than scares. | MVP: Sara Paxton

11. The Hunter | Competent eco-drama featuring breathtaking locales. | MVP: Robert Humphreys
12. Chronicle | The three leads are great, but found-footage has more than worn out its welcome. | MVP: Dane DeHaan

13. The Woman in Black | An inferior (but passable) remake loaded with jump scares and baffling revisions.
14. The Loved Ones | Interesting premise, shaky execution; Needs a good remake. | MVP: Robin McLeavy
15. Silent House | Excellently eerie first half goes downhill thanks to laughably lazy writing and a tired twist. | MVP: Elizabeth Olsen
16. The Snowtown Murders | Disturbing but meandering account of Australia's most infamous murders. | MVP: Lucas Pittaway
17. The Vow | Harmless, average date movie. | MVP: Rachel McAdams

18. Headhunters | Mindless violence. | MVP: Aksel Hennie
19. Underworld: Awakening | An amalgamation of everything wrong with Hollywood.

What do the MVP's stand for?
Old 03-17-2012, 11:01 PM   #97
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
What do the MVP's stand for?
Most Valuable Player.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #98
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California

Well, seeing how i've only seen one movie this year so far in theaters, it would have to be 21 jump street. Really funny movie.
I have a script I wrote "Truth Or Dare" It's very Scream like. If interested in reading it. PM ME. My Blu rays for sale Thread

The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan on here. Favorite Movie Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past

I've finished a first draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #99
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010
Weston-super-Mare, UK

Every movie I've seen so far this year I won't be buying on Blu, with the exception of TPM as I already have it. I enjoyed watching most of them, but not to the extent where I want to watch them again.

1. Safehouse 3/5
2. This Means War 3/5
3. John Carter 3/5
4. The Grey 2/5
5. Star Wars Episode I 3D 4/5
6. Chronicle 3/5
Old 03-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #100
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

1. John Carter

That is all!
---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies