Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3)
$44.99
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
$51.74
ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection (PS3)
$14.99
Need for Speed Rivals (PS3)
$18.99
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
$39.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS3)
$19.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
$29.99
Dragon's Crown (PS3)
$19.99
FIFA 14 (PS3)
$25.74
Destiny (PS3)
$49.99
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$14.99
Fairy Fencer F (PS3)
$45.43
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection (PS3)
$19.99
NBA 2K14 (PS3)
$25.11
Darksiders (PS3)
$14.69
NHL 2K9 (PS3)
$9.96
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 03-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #81
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

Still no mention of camera controls. It makes me think that it only has Six-Axis camera controls and thatgamecompany wants to avoid the mild negative reaction it garnered at E3 when it was first demoed.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #82
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarvis View Post
Still no mention of camera controls. It makes me think that it only has Six-Axis camera controls and thatgamecompany wants to avoid the mild negative reaction it garnered at E3 when it was first demoed.
No idea. I hope they put a demo out.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #83
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

There was an extremely negative reaction to the lack of camera controls on the right analog when the beta came out. The developers really wanted to emphasize using the six-axis for it, but fans pointed out that 1)options never hurt anyone and 2)they could refrain from telling the player that it does work and those that use it intuitively will find it themselves. I believe they later patched it in and it was much better than six-axis controls (which I'm not a fan of). I don't know it's status in the final game, but I would say they're idiots if they don't have it.
-------------------------

In other news, reports are out now saying Journey will be released THIS TUESDAY for PS+ subscribers. Still $14.99, but a week early.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219878p1.html

YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #84
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

I may just fold tonight and buy it as I think my kids would enjoy it as well (can't I use that to justify spending money ). Still a bit concerned about length as a human without arms making it a mountain in 2 hours is pretty quick.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #85
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

I'm buying it minute one no matter what.

There's four companies I will always support because they treat the consumer right and they make quality games.

ThatGameCompany (Flower/Flow/Journey)
NaughtyDog (Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted, Last of Us)
Critereon (Burnout Paradise, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit)
MediaMolecule (Little Big Planet 1 & 2)
Old 03-07-2012, 03:28 AM   #86
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

There aren't enough words in all the languages to express how stunningly beautiful this game is.

I just completed it and it's another grandslam from ThatGameCompany!

WOW!
Old 03-07-2012, 03:36 AM   #87
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

Can you control the camera with the right stick :) ?
Old 03-07-2012, 03:40 AM   #88
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarvis View Post
Can you control the camera with the right stick ?
Yes

The buttons that work are the right stick, the X button (jump) and circle button (pinging the cloth)

EDIT: actually one stick moves you directionally, the other one controls the camera.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:42 AM   #89
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

Okie doke. Thanks. Just wondering. I don't have PS Plus, so I have to wait, anywho.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #90
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo The Perverted View Post
There aren't enough words in all the languages to express how stunningly beautiful this game is.

I just completed it and it's another grandslam from ThatGameCompany!

WOW!
Agreed fully! Mass Effect 3 didn't even get opened up tonight and my plan originally was to just try out Journey then fire up ME3.

Gorgeous and brilliant level designs with the fantastic audio to go along with it all. Simply breathtaking at moments...many moments! I want more. I really enjoyed the co-op aspect, I ended up playing with 8 people total. I had assumed I was with maybe 2 or 3 but I guess it swapped me at level breaks a few times.

Oh how I would die for a Zelda game made by this company. The art style of Journey and these environments would be perfect.

Last edited by Monkey; 03-07-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #91
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
Agreed fully! Mass Effect 3 didn't even get opened up tonight and my plan originally was to just try out Journey then fire up ME3.

Gorgeous and brilliant level designs with the fantastic audio to go along with it all. Simply breathtaking at moments...many moments! I want more. I really enjoyed the co-op aspect, I ended up playing with 8 people total. I had assumed I was with maybe 2 or 3 but I guess it swapped me at level breaks a few times.

Oh how I would die for a Zelda game made by this company. The art style of Journey and these environments would be perfect.
Yeah I kept getting through a level and figuring I'd stop but ended up continuing. I ended up playing with six or seven different people.

Ended up getting four trophies during the gameplay. I didn't even look at the trophies before other than a quick look through the top four or five but didn't really register what they were.

Also I want that soundtrack so bad.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #92
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

No DLC or sequel for Journey says "ThatGameCompany"

Quote:
so journey’s pretty much the greatest. It’s a few hours of pure exploratory bliss – short and sweet as its scarves are irresistibly snazzy. It is, to be frank, exactly what it needs to be. And that’s why jenova chen and the rest of thatgamecompany aren’t in any hurry to mess with perfection.

“our focus is to make a strong, immersive experience that’s entertaining and relevant to people – and to deliver it in the most efficient time-saving way [possible],” chen told vg247 during an interview at gdc. “i mean, we don’t want to keep the player for two hours longer by adding a bunch of grinding, which does not produce anything.

“i mean, you can play those free-to-play games for days and months, but if you’re spending money on something, that thing has to be strong and efficient. That’s our approach. It’s like, i was asking myself ‘ok, what am i going to add to levels?’”

“more costumes?” production lead robin hunicke chimed in. “hats? Like, what would you add that would change or embellish the experience – make it more personal or meaningful? Those are the kinds of questions we ask.”

“we spent three years on this thing,” chen continued. “if we’d spent one year, then sure, if we want to add something, we could do it with a patch. But after three years of pick and choose, i think it’s pretty perfect. Adding things is very difficult.”

journey 2?

Given, however, that this is thatgamecompany’s biggest and – at least, compared to fl0w and flower – most traditional production yet, what about a sequel? You might think so, but there’s more to journey than, well, just a journey.

“so far, we’ve been [making radically different games each time]. It’s about pushing the boundary of what games can communicate. And i can hardly imagine how journey 2 would break new ground,” explained chen.

“yeah, it seems like it’s best to leave [the game's world] the way it is for the reasons that we made it,” added hunicke.

So no helping of dessert for your desert adventures – which makes me sort of sad until i remember that this industry is built on a rickety tower of infinite sequels. Every other game company could stand to take a few pointers from thatgamecompany. Why tread water when you can break new ground?

Also, that was only a tiny snippet of our massive gdc interview with chen and hunicke. Look for the rest soon. And probably bring a comfy chair. And a scarf.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #93
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo The Perverted View Post
Yeah I kept getting through a level and figuring I'd stop but ended up continuing. I ended up playing with six or seven different people.

Ended up getting four trophies during the gameplay. I didn't even look at the trophies before other than a quick look through the top four or five but didn't really register what they were.

Also I want that soundtrack so bad.
I think I had about 4 trophies as well. I can't wait to play through again. I noticed it has a level select but I didn't figure out how to get it to work in regards choosing what level.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:11 AM   #94
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

FREE JOURNEY PSN AVATARS (US ONLY)

From the @ThatGameCompany twitter account.

NOTE: I don't know how long these are good for, or if there is a limit or not. I got one from the final code listed, so...I dunno.

Quote:
[US ONLY] Want a free PSN Avatar?

42RM-BANN-QJ2A
4JA3-JGND-NMM7
2GMC-AENH-MF5K
Old 03-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #95
Expert Member

Oct 2009
Mary's Land

I was hoping this game was going to be at the $10 price range for as short as I hear it is. Currently on the fence with this one right now.
PSN = Trailbreaker77
Old 03-09-2012, 02:05 AM   #96
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Just finished the second playthrough and it was almost as amazing as the first. Simply an incredible game.

It is short, I finished the 2nd run through at about an hour and forty five minutes. Normally paying 15 bucks for a game that take a couple hours or so would piss me off, but this game is so beautiful and fantastic that there's nothing to really find fault with unless you want to nitpick about the game length.

I doubt it'll go on sale anytime soon, so ... I'd recommend picking it up, particularly if you were a fan of their other games Flow and Flower.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:15 AM   #97

Jul 2009
Perth, Australia

I played through it last night and it's easily my favourite experience on this current generation of consoles. Playing co-op with a completely anonymous person was such an interesting experience as well. My only wish for this game would be that when it shows the list of people you played with at the end, that it should provide a little more detail as I think I spent the last half of the game with the same user and I would have loved to add him/her to my friends list.

Also has anyone else had issues trying to get other users to sit still for a while? I want to get the trophy for meditating for 20 seconds but none of the 7 users I played with seemed willing to sit still at all...
Old 03-09-2012, 02:30 AM   #98
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandlazy View Post
I played through it last night and it's easily my favourite experience on this current generation of consoles. Playing co-op with a completely anonymous person was such an interesting experience as well. My only wish for this game would be that when it shows the list of people you played with at the end, that it should provide a little more detail as I think I spent the last half of the game with the same user and I would have loved to add him/her to my friends list.

Also has anyone else had issues trying to get other users to sit still for a while? I want to get the trophy for meditating for 20 seconds but none of the 7 users I played with seemed willing to sit still at all...
1. Flower was my previous favorite experience, and now this one. Braid is also another one that's a delight to play.

2. I believe it's listed the names in order that you meet them, so the last one on the list would be the last one you were with, I think.

3. As for meditating, I didn't even know how to do it until I looked it up online. I kept pushing all these buttons and whatnot, and couldn't get it to work while someone actually was trying to get me to do it.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:46 AM   #99

Jul 2009
Perth, Australia

To meditate don't you just sit still for a little bit? Or have I missed something here...

Edit: Google is my friend, apparently I just press select and then wait.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #100
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Here is my review of the game.

http://www.searchingforchetbaker.com...urney-psn.html
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3